The Time Travelers Wife (Book...

Autorstwa AdriWrites16

This is book three of The Time Traveler's Wife! This is based on Season three of The Umbrella Academy. Five H... Więcej

Welcome ☂
Meet the Siblings! (Book/season 3)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (part 1)
Chapter 25 (part 2)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Epilogue)
Bonus Chapter (Gabi's origin story)
Book Q and A
Bonus chapter 2 (Five and Y/n's kids)
Bonus Chapter 3
TTTW bonus chapter book!

Chapter 16

3.5K 89 71
Autorstwa AdriWrites16

Y/n's POV:

I nervously pace around the room as I wait for Five to return. We have all been waiting at the hotel for 15 minutes now and he still hasn't come back with Ben. When I can't take it anymore I let out a frustrated sigh and turn towards everyone. How can they all just sit there and not be worried?!

"I'm going back to the academy. Maybe he is hurt and can't get here," I say.

"Wouldn't he be able to blink here," Lila asks. I look at her to see she was laying upside down in one of the chairs.

"Not if he is badly injured. He could be too tired!"

"Y/n I'm sure he will be here soon," Luther says.

"Yeah, just come take a seat," Sloane suggests as she points to the chair next to her.

"He should have been here 15 minutes ago!" I look down the balcony and shake my head. "I'm going to the academy. I'll be back."

Right as I was walking towards the stairs, Diego steps infront of me.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. You seriously can't think we are just going to let you go out there! You will get killed," he tells me.

"Just let her go," Allison mumbles from behind me. Everyone just ignores her.

"Look, maybe that's a risk I have to take. He's my husband, I have to go find him," I say.

"Y/n-"

"Diego if you don't move out of the way so God help me I will push you down these stairs."

Just as Diego was about to say something, I hear the door open from the downstairs lobby. I run towards the balcony and look down it. All my nervousness leaves my body when I see Five and Ben walking through the door. I run past Diego and down the stairs. When Five sees me he lets out a breath of relief.

"Oh thank God you are okay," he says as he grabs my hand.

He tries to pull me in for a hug but I just yank my arm back. Five gives me a confused look, but before he could say anything I punch him in the shoulder.

"ASSHOLE," I yell. I hear Ben snicker from behind me.

"OW, WHAT THE FUCK!"

"YOU'RE LUCKY IT WASN'T YOUR FACE! YOU FUCKING FREAKED ME OUT THINKING YOU GO SWALLOWED WHOLE BY THE KUGELBLITZ! WHAT IN GOD'S NAME WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"YOU REALLY WANTED ME TO JUST LEAVE BEN TO DIE," Five yells.

"HE'S A BIG BOY HE CAN GET OUT HIMSELF," I yell.

"HE WAS PASSED OUT!"

"HEY!" Five and I turn around and look at Ben. "We don't have time to listen to your guys' marriage problems. Now come on."

"It's not marriage problems," Five says.

"Whatever, let's just go."

I watch as Ben begins to walk up the stairs towards everyone else. Just as Five was about to follow him I grab his arm and pull him back. He gives me a confused look but I just ignore it. Instead, I cup his cheeks and put my lips on his. I can feel Five smile as he kisses me back.

"I'm glad you're okay, but don't ever fucking pull that shit again. You scared the living hell out of me," I say a few seconds later. Five gives me a small smile and nods his head.

"Okay, I promise. I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I say with a little smile.

Five grabs my hand and we begin to walk up the stairs. When we reach everyone, we all just sit in silence. When I see the look on everyone's faces, my mood immediately changes. I think my mind just processed exactly what was going on. Yes, I knew the world was ending, but I think that because of how worried I was for Five, my mind just now fully processed the information.

"So, what do we do now," Viktor asks. Everyone just stays silent. When no one answers I speak up.

"Look, why don't we all meet back here in say... 3 hours. I'm sure we all need some time to rest and process everything that just went down. And when we meet up again we will be well rested and maybe we can think of a plan," I say. Everyone just looks around at each other.

"Alright," Lila says.

I watch as she gets up from her chair and begins to walk away. Diego looks at us for a second before following her.

"Well, we will see you guys later," Luther says as he and Sloane get up.

"See you in a few hours," Viktor says.

Both Ben and Allison just walk away without saying anything.

"Come on, I'll blink us to the room," Five says.

I nod my head and grab his hand. A second later we appear in the room we were staying in before. I sigh as I take off my shoes and walk over to the bed. I lay down on it and stare at the ceiling. A couple of seconds later I feel the bed dip down next to me.

I look at Five as he stares at the ceiling. He must have felt my gaze on him because he turns his head and looks at me. I can tell we were both thinking the same thing without having to say anything. There is nothing we can do this time. We are too late. And I think it's time to accept that.

I am tired of us chasing apocalypses only for us to make things worse every single time. Every time we think we finally stopped it, something goes wrong and another apocalypse happens. I have a feeling that we really messed it up this time and there is nothing we can do to fix it.

We continue to sit in silence for a few more seconds before I scoot closer to Five and lay my head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me and places a kiss on my head. We just lay there...accepting our fate.

  ☂ ♡ ☂ ♡ ☂ ♡ ☂ ♡

The room was filled with silence as all of wait for someone to say something. We all met back up a few minutes ago but no one has said anything yet. I guess nobody thought of a plan.

Five and I look down the balcony as we think of a way to tell everyone that it's over. That there is no way to stop the apocalypse.

"So, how is it that we're still here, but the whole of the universe is going down the cosmic shitter," Allison finally asks.

"Maybe we're the last to get flushed," Viktor says.

"Wasn't talking to you."

I turn around and look at everyone. That was when I notice something.

"Hey, has anyone seen Klaus," I ask. Everyone stays silent as they look around.

"Or Dad," Sloane asks.

"They'll be here," Diego says.

"Really? Did they... hit traffic," Ben asks as he looks around. When no one says anything he speakes up again. "Look, people, we're alive because we're special, right? We're the only ones who can save the universe."

"Uh, question," Allison asks as she holds up a finger.

"Yes?"

"Didn't we just try that and fail miserably?"

As much as it pains me to admit it, she was right. We did fail miserably.

"Yeah, it's because his plan was stupid," Diego says as he points to Ben. "I got a better one."

"'Course you do," Ben whispers.

"We go with the large hard-on particle accelerator." Diego turns around and points to Five, Sloane, and me. "You guys do some science, and..."

I snicker as Diego clicks his tongue and mimics swinging a baseball bat.

"Idiot," I mumble as I turn back around.

"We launch the Kugelblitz into outer space. Didn't think I knew that, did ya?"

Everyone stares at him as he smiles. When no one says anything he adds, "It's in Switzerland."

I just shake my head as I look back down the balcony. I'm starting to believe something hit him in the head as he was escaping the academy.

"It's "hadron," not "hard-on," ya moron," I hear Ben say from behind me.

"Oi! At least he's trying, you shitty little squid. What have you contributed," Lila asks.

"Actually, he did blow up half his family," Diego says.

"Oh, you wanna talk about family problems? You know what should have blown up is your face on that neck," Ben challenges.

"I wish I had a cake to hit you with it in your face!"

"What are you talking about?"

I sigh when all of a sudden I hear Diego and Ben yelling at each other in Koren and Spanish. When I can't take it anymore, I turn around and telekinetically separate them. I watch as both of them fall back a few feet and land on the ground.

"HEY," I yell. Both of them look at me as they lay on the floor. "You guys done?!"

I look at Five and watch as he turns around to face all of us. Both of us slowly walk towards everyone.

"The universe is disappearing outside. So you can keep rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic if it makes you feel better. But the fact remains that we are too late," Five says in a low voice.

"He's right," I say. Both Diego and Ben scoff as they get up.

"Five, Y/n, come on," Luther says.

"It's over, Luther. We failed."

"Come on. It can't be over over," Viktor says.

"Yeah, come on, Five, Y/n. We gotta figure this out," Diego says.

"Okay. How about we take a step back," Five says as he claps his hands.

"Let's look at the big picture here," I say as we look around at everyone.

"Most of us have spent the last 28 days trying to stop the world from ending."

"What exactly have we accomplished?"

Everyone just stays silent as they look at each other.

"Well...we made some friends along the way," Luther says as he looks at Sloane with a smile.

"Incorrect," Five and I say at the same time as we point to Luther.

"You know what we've done? Nothing. We made things worse every single time," Five says.

"Amen to that," Allison mumbles. Five sighs and looks around.

"Look, when we went to the Commission, I had a conversation with my 100-year-old self. And my last words were, don't save the world."

"Don't save the world," Viktor asks.

"Don't save the world."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," Diego says.

"Is it? Well, whatever we're doing's not working. All we ever do is save the world for a day, pat ourselves on the back, and then everything goes to shit again," Luther says.

"Yeah, maybe we're the problem," Viktor adds.

"Oh, yeah. Us," Allison mumbles with a scoff. I roll my eyes and look at her.

"You know, you could do us all a big favor and go stand outside! Maybe a big rock will fall on you and who knows...that might save the world and we all live. Maybe you're the problem and you don't even realize it," I say with a fake smile. Just as Allison was about to say something, Five interrupts her.

"You two knock it out," he says.

"So, wait. Your big plan is no plan," Lila asks carefully.

"Exactly! Conscientious objection. Why the hell not? We've tried everything else."

"Look...maybe this is just what the universe needs. I say, embrace the apocalypse. See what's on the other side," I tell everyone.

"What if it's... nothing," Sloane asks in a nervous tone. Five and I stay silent for a few seconds until he speaks up.

"Then it's been nice knowing you all. Whatever's on your bucket list, I recommend you do that now."

Five and I both look at each other. The same look that he had at The Commission comes back. The same defeated look that pains me to see. I can tell that even tho we don't want to admit it, deep down we know this is it. We have given it our all and nothing has worked. The world is going to end and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Five looks at me and interlocks our fingers together. We both walk over to the small sofa and sit on it. When we are seated, Five brings the back of my hand to his lips and places a kiss on it. I give him a sad smile and lay my head on his shoulder as he puts his arm around me.

"Well, on that... super happy note," Luther begins to say. We all look at him and Sloane and watch as they smile at each other and stand up. "We've, um... Oh, what the hell."

Sloane laughs as Luther wraps his arm around her. We all give them a confused look.

"We've, uh, got a little announcement to make," Luther says. Luther and Sloane look at each other for a few seconds before smiling even more.

"We're engaged!"

My mouth drops open as Sloane holds up her hand that had a ring on it.

"Kill me, Jesus," Ben mumbles as he takes a sip out of his Flask.

"Idiots," Five whispers with a sigh. I don't say anything because my mouth was still wide open in shock.

"Now," Allison asks with wide eyes.

"Yeah. Look, we realize the timing is less than ideal. But it's now or never. Am I right, Five and Y/n," Luther asks as he points to us.

"Don't drag us into this, please," Five says.

"What-Whatever time we have left, we wanna spend it with all of you," Sloane says with a smile. "So we're super pumped if you would join us in the banquet hall at 6:00 p.m. for a celebration of our love, and the official union of what's left of our two great families.

"Dress code is creative black-tie," Luther adds in.

I can't help but smile now as I look at them. They both seem to be truly happy together and if this is how they want to spend their last two days on earth, I'm not going to blame them.

"Congratulations you two," I say with a smile.

I look at Five to see him looking away. I lightly hit his leg and he looks at me. I slightly tilt my head towards Luther and Sloane as he gives me a confused look.

"Be nice and tell them congratulations. Look how happy they are," I whisper.

"But-"

"Now Five," I whisper. He rolls his eyes and looks at Sloane and Luther.

"Congratulations you two. I'm sure you will have a lovely two to three days together," he says. I hit his leg again and look at him with wide eyes.

"What?! It's true," he whisper shouts.

"Be nice!"

"Oh! We got invitations," Sloane says.

I watch as she picks up a basket and begins walking towards everyone. She hands everyone a little jar. When she reaches Five and I we grab the jars from her hands and look at them. They all had sand art in them. Glued to the jar was a little piece of paper that had a ribbon on it. It read "Luther and Sloane. Tonight at 6 pm."

"Wow...," Lila says with a laugh. "And you did all of this yourself?"

"Luther helped too. We spent the last few hours making them."

"Amazing..."

We all stop playing with our jars and turn our heads when we hear footsteps coming from the stairs. When we see Klaus and Dad, Five and I immediately
sit up.

"Dad," Ben asks.

"Klaus," I say. Klaus smiles and waves at us.

"Oh, thank God," Viktor says.

"Gather 'round, children! Quickly now," Dad says. Everyone just stays where they were.

"The hell have you been," Diego asks Klaus.

"Oh, Reg and I. We got tangled up in a whole father-son end-of-the-world road trip kinda thing. You know?"

"You two are hanging now," Ben asks.

"Yeah, we laughed, we cried, we played in traffic, and long story short, I'm immortal now!"

I watch with a confused face as Klaus grunts and pretends to flex his muscles.

"Whoa, wait. You're what now," Luther asks.

"Klaus, have you gotten into the bath salts again," Allison asks.

"I think the more pertinent question is, why are you all playing with jars," Dad asks.

"They're invitations," Sloane says with a smile.

"And nobody's playing," Luther adds in.

"Luther and I are getting married."

Sloane hands Dad a jar and he looks at it. Klaus's face lights up as he smiles at Sloane and Luther.

"All of space and time is collapsing, and you lot are planning a wedding," Dad asks.

"Yeah, and, uh, the thing is, um...." Luther begins to say as he walks towards Dad. "Space is limited. So it's kind of a per-plate situation, so, you know."

I let out a snicker as he takes the invitation out of Dad's hand.

"Is this how I raised you? To fiddle while Rome burns," Dad asks.

"Remember what we talked about, Reg. Remember to breathe," Klaus whispers.

"Quiet, I'm on a roll."

"Dad, have you been taking your pills," Sloane asks.

"As a matter of fact, I haven't. And I can confirm that I've never felt better in my life. You thought you could dope me up and slow me down, take control of my affairs and squander my fortune. Well, Klaus here was good enough to wean me off that wretched poison. And now that the fog is lifting, I can see all your dastardly designs with a bracing clarity."

"You took him off his meds? What were you thinking," Sloane asks Klaus with a worried tone.

"He's the only one doing any thinking. All of you could learn a thing or two from this impressive young man!"

Diego laughs as he looks at Dad and Klaus. "The world really is ending! Oh my God."

"As for the rest of you, your training is to resume post-haste. We're running out of time. We have a mission to complete!"

"I'm ready. Let's do this," Ben says confidently.

"Daddy's Boy," I mumble. He just rolls his eyes.

"Let me guess. Project Oblivion," Five asks as he leans forward. Dad looks at us with a confused look.

"How do you know about that," he asks.

"We heard all about it from Pogo," I say.

"Now, there's a name I haven't heard in some time."

"And he confirmed what we've always suspected about you."

"Which is?"

"That you're a sadistic lunatic who's planning on gambling all of our lives in another pointless mission," Five says.

"And you'd take the word of a disgruntled chimp over that of your own father," Dad asks. Five smiles and blinks infront of Dad

"Every damn day..."

"Nobody wants you here, Dad. You should leave," Luther says.

"Hey, you don't speak for all of us, big guy," Ben says.

"Feel free to join him."

"I see... So this is what it's come to. Insurrection," Dad says

"That's not the kind of erection we're driving for here, all right? Everybody just needs to be cool. Clearly, you guys are on a different chakra frequency right now. Hey, Pops, let's go have a nice cup of tea in the suite," Klaus says. He grabs Dad's arm and begins to pull him away.

"Let go of my arm."

"Luther, Sloane. Oh my God. I'm beyond thrilled. You guys are gorgeous. Amazing. Send me your registry!"

Once Dad and Klaus were gone everyone begins to leave the room. I grab Five's hand and we begin walking away.

"See you guys at the wedding," I tell Luther and Sloane.

They each give us a nod and Five blinks us away. A wedding at the end of the world... I guess that's one way to spend your last days on Earth.

Fun Fact: When Diego was first learning how to use his powers, Y/n would use her telekinesis to help move his knives mid-air so he didn't get in trouble with Reginald for not knowing how to use his powers properly yet.

Okay, 2 things:

1. I AM OFFICIALLY 17 🥳 yesterday (Friday) was my birthday 🤪 I'm so happy about that hahaha

2. I am going to try and upload another chapter if I can within like the next 3 days maybe (no promises tho bc I am very busy this week). The reasoning for this is because my family is going to visit my extended family for the week of Christmas so I won't be able to update at all then bc I will be all the way on the other side of the world in a completely different continent. Legit won't even be in the same time zone. So yeah! I'm pretty pumped for that bc my extended family lives so far away and I haven't seen them in forever.

Anyways, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! And if you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you have an amazing week❤️

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

23K 913 25
Charlotte Cafferty, finally done with a decades long hiatus, has accidentally settled in the very middle of a crisis. Though she's not exactly a stra...
2.8K 28 27
IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE READING THIS. After stopping the apocalypse, you, Five and the others of The Umbrella Academy managed to r...
8.3K 111 23
"The Handler thought it was part of the plan. It wasn't." "What? You think I wouldn't help you after all we've been through?" - - - First book of Do...
16.1K 397 26
Y/N Hargreeves, tested on her entire life, list her battle to gambling at the age of 19. She's just been evicted after losing the major pot of $5000...