𝙵𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝙰𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝙿𝚜𝚢�...

By Readaholic_DB

❝ Ψ 𝓟𝓼𝔂𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝔂 𝓕𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓼 Ψ ❞ More

•°Ψ 🅿🆂🆈🅲🅾🅻🅾🅶🆈 Ψ°•
Ψ ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏʟᴏɢɪᴄᴀʟ ғᴀᴄᴛs Ψ
Ψ ᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀs Ψ
Ψ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇʀs Ψ
Ψ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ Ψ
Ψ ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ Ψ
Ψ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ʙᴏᴅʏ Ψ
Ψ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs Ψ
Ψ sʟᴇᴇᴘ Ψ
Ψ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ Ψ
Ψ ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴠᴇʀᴛs Ψ
Ψ ᴇxᴛʀᴏᴠᴇʀᴛs Ψ
Ψ ʙʟᴜᴇ ᴇʏᴇs Ψ
Ψ sɪxᴛʜ sᴇɴsᴇ Ψ
Ψ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ Ψ
Ψ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ Ψ
Ψ ʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ Ψ
Ψ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ Ψ
Ψ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜ Ψ
Ψ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss Ψ
Ψ ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ Ψ
Ψ ʟᴏᴠᴇ Ψ
Ψ ʟᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ Ψ
Ψ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ Ψ
Ψ ᴍᴀʟᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇs Ψ
Ψ ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜsʏ Ψ
Ψ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ Ψ
Ψ •° BRAIN °• Ψ

Ψ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜʟsɪᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴏʀᴅᴇʀ Ψ

191 2 0
By Readaholic_DB

⇒There are certain environmental factors which lead to OCD. Some of them are relationship issues, abuse, changes in living condition or changes in school or at workplace.

⇒OCD is treatable and people who suffer from it can live a normal life.

⇒Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and medication are two ways of treating OCD.

⇒Antidepressants are the most common medication for OCD. Antianxiety medications (benzodiazepines) may be less effective for OCD, so they are not usually the first option to try.

⇒It is not uncommon for a person with OCD to also have clinical depression, panic attacks, or both.

⇒No laboratory test exists that can identify OCD. Mental health professionals frequently use diagnostic interviews to determine the presence of OCD as well as other tools that measure the severity of obsessions and compulsions, the most common of which is the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (Y-BOCS).

⇒OCD will makes your thoughts more towards to depression, Anxiety and sorrowness. It will make your personality more complex than normal human being.

⇒Common obsessions includes fears of contamination by germs, dirt or chemicals, flooding the house, causing a fire, or being burgled.

⇒Indecisiveness - a tendency to take time to make decisions during OCD personality traits.

⇒Researchers have found that people with OCD often score very highly for particular personality traits. These include: Neuroticism, Impulsivity, Responsibility, Indecisiveness and Perfectionism.

⇒OCD is sometimes accompanied by depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or other anxiety disorders.

⇒Medication for OCD should be tried 10-12 weeks before judging effectiveness.

⇒The person suffering from OCD will behave as if he is compelled to do things in an order and that too repeatedly. It is not that they do it willingly but they do face a lot of anxiety and stress if they don't follow the order in which they usually do things.

⇒Obsessive-compulsive disorder can be very challenging and hard to explain to other people. You may feel embarrassed, ashamed, or guilty about your experiences.

⇒Children as young as 4 can be affected. Although rare, OCD can also begin in late adulthood. Typically, most people are diagnosed at age 19.

⇒OCD symptoms are divided between obsessions: recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses, and compulsions: repetitive behaviours or mental acts that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession.

⇒OCD is highly treatable, either with medication or a type of therapy known as ERP, or Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy.

⇒Impulsive - a tendency to engage in activities that bring instant gratification during OCD personality traits.

⇒Daniel Radcliffe, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Megan Fox and Justin Timberlake are all celebrities who have lived with OCD.

⇒OCD may affect men and women equally.

⇒OLD is one type of OCD. Obsessive love disorder" (OLD) refers to a condition where you become obsessed with one person you think you may be in love with. You might feel the need to protect your loved one obsessively or even become controlling of them as if they were a possession.

⇒OCD can start at any age. In one third of adult patients the symptoms begin in childhood, adolescence or young adulthood.

⇒OLD is a one type of OCD. Obsessive love disorder" (OLD) refers to a condition where you become obsessed with one person you think you may be in love with. You might feel the need to protect your loved one obsessively, or even become controlling of them as if they were a possession.

⇒OCD sufferers are driven to carry out complex rituals known as compulsions, which are triggered by obsessions.

⇒Did you know that family members of OCD patients are at higher risk in getting other disorders? Some of such disorders are Trichotillomania (pulling hair), Hypochondriasis (excessively worrying about your health), eating disorders, Tourette's Syndrome or Body Dismorphic Disorder.

⇒OCD is often portrayed as extreme cleanliness or annoying perfectionism, but the reality is much more complex. True OCD is characterized by frightening obsessions, time-consuming compulsions, and high levels of anxiety - it is a lifelong disorder that's causes are not fully understood.

⇒Perfectionism is one of the most common personality traits in OCD. Indeed, some researchers have described obsessive-compulsives as the ultimate perfectionists.

⇒Often OCD affects the family. Family members are sometimes drawn into the OCD behaviour. Disability may affect family finances.

⇒Symptoms of OCD may include: an overwhelming attraction to one person obsessive thoughts feeling the need to "protect" the person you're in love with, possessive thoughts & actions, extreme jealousy over other interpersonal interactions and low self-esteem. Sometimes they physically harm themselves or that person also which turns into crime and mental illness.

⇒There are two unrelated types of obsessive-compulsive disorder, which people mix up. One is a personality disorder, the other is an anxiety disorder.

⇒Some Common compulsions that includes: 1)Cleaning - repeatedly washing hands or wiping household surfaces for hours on end. 2)Checking - repeatedly questioning whether light switches are turned off, or appliances are unplugged etc.

⇒In the U.S. 1 in 40 adults and 1 in 100 children face OCD.

⇒Obsessions are unwanted and repetitive thoughts, urges, or images that don't go away. They cause a lot of anxiety.

⇒Some people also show "tics" which are uncontrollable muscle movements or vocalizations. Some of the motor and vocal tics are shrugging shoulders, wincing face, clearing your throat, sniffing etc. It must be kept in mind that even tics are repeated.

⇒Intrusive thoughts or obsessions as psychologists call them affecting everyone. But some people can't get rid of them as easily as the rest of us.

⇒The difference between healthy and obsessive love is that with the latter, those feelings of infatuation become extreme, expanding to the point of becoming obsessions. Obsessive love and jealousy that is delusional is a symptom of mental health problems and is a symptom that occurs in about 0.1% of adults.

⇒Neuroticism - anxiety and keenness to avoid dangerous situations during OCD personality traits.

⇒An obsessive-compulsive might check their doors and windows 50 to 100 times when an obsession about security gets stuck in their head. Obsessive-compulsives are completely powerless to control their compulsions.

⇒Despite a lack of serotonin is a key factor in OCD, researchers found that depletion of serotonin also occurs in people who have recently fallen in love. But this may explain the obsessive component associated with early stages of love.

⇒Some OCD sufferers are so afraid of being misunderstood by others that they become very skilful at hiding their symptoms, and can appear entirely normal. In other cases, symptoms can be so severe that sufferers receive disability compensation.

⇒Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a mental illness. It's made up of two parts: obsessions and compulsions. People may experience obsessions, compulsions, or both, and they cause a lot of distress.

⇒The untreated symptoms may vary for years. The symptoms may go away, remain the same or worsen.

⇒OCD is a disorder that has a neurobiological basis. It equally affects men, women, and children of all races, ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds.

⇒With proper treatment, it is very possible for people with OCD to lead full and productive lives.

⇒Did you know that most people develop symptoms of OCD when they were children? The symptoms may begin to appear when they are barely 7 years old. During childhood, more of boys get affected with OCD but when seen in adults, women tend to lead the way in having OCD.

⇒According to the World Health Organization, anxiety disorders, like OCD, are more prevalent in developed countries than in developing countries.

⇒Antidepressants are the most common medication for OCD. Antianxiety medications (benzodiazepines) may be less effective for OCD, so they are not usually the first option to try.

⇒OCD can affect anyone. Researchers don't know exactly what causes OCD, but there are likely many different factors involved, such as family history, biology, and life experiences.

⇒Having OCD is not simply an overreaction to the stresses of life. While stressful situations can make things worse for people with OCD, they do not cause OCD. People with OCD face severe, often debilitating anxiety over any number of things, called "obsessions." This level of extreme worry and fear can be so overwhelming that it gets in the way of their ability to function.

⇒Perfectionism - a need to get everything to feel right during OCD personality traits.

⇒On average, people are diagnosed with OCD when they are 19-years-old.

⇒Movies and television programs sometimes feature characters who are supposed to have OCD. Unfortunately, films and TV shows often mistake or exaggerate Obsessive Compulsive Disorder symptoms or play it for laughs. People with OCD know it's no laughing matter.

⇒OCD will makes your thoughts more towards to depression, Anxiety and sorrowness. It will make your personality more complex than normal human being.

⇒Streptococcus (a type of bacteria) is also linked to OCD. If infections (only few of them) caused by this bacteria are not treated properly and if they keep on recurring, then the person is at a greater risk of getting OCD.

⇒Neuroticism - anxiety and keenness to avoid dangerous situations during OCD personality traits.

⇒The act of attributing a causal relationship between unrelated actions and events is called "Magical thinking", for example, "If I don't brush my teeth today my dog will die", and is considered a form of OCD.

⇒Few OCD patients respond to placebos in contrast to 30 to 40% of depressed patients.

⇒There is a form of OCD that manifests as intrusive thoughts and fears of molesting children. These thoughts cause extreme distress and the diagnosis of pedophilia has absolutely nothing to do with the diagnosis of OCD.

⇒OCD is not a personality quirk or a character trait - it is a very real mental health condition that affects about 2 to 3 million adults, and half a million youth, in the US alone.

⇒Some of the compulsive actions are cleaning hands repeatedly, keeping things in order, counting, praying excessively due to religious fear, etc. Remember Lady Macbeth? After murdering the King, she gets into a habit of washing her hands again and again. It can be seen that she is trying to wash off her sin by washing her hands.

⇒People with OCD spend at least an hour a day engaged with their obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviours.

⇒Having OCD is not simply an overreaction to the stresses of life. While stressful situations can make things worse for people with OCD, they do not cause OCD. People with OCD face severe, often debilitating anxiety over any number of things, called "obsessions." This level of extreme worry and fear can be so overwhelming that it gets in the way of their ability to function.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 13.2K 56
[English] #1 in puisi/ 8.11.18 #3 in poetry/5.11.18 #2 in poem/ 7.20.18 An anthology poetry. About heartbreak, mostly. Because love is like roses and...
26.4K 774 9
Yey!!! I finally finished my freshman year as a medical student! When I entered medical school. I really don't have any idea of how hard this would b...
214K 7.6K 200
Human Psychology is the science of mind and human behavior. It opens interesting characteristics and traits that human being encompasses reading abou...
18.5K 649 37
This is the sequel to My Unexpected Plus+. #10 in Plus-July 18th 2024 After four months Chris comes back from recording for Lightyear. It's going wel...