The Stranger on the Train

By Just_writing_a_bit

Y/n is on her way to New York to start a new life there. On the train she meets a blonde woman and her daught... More

Chapter 1: Dolphins
Chapter 2: Drawings
Chapter 3: Goodbye for now
Chapter 4: New York
Chapter 5: First day
Chapter 6: See you again
Chapter 7: Park
Chapter 8: Second job
Chapter 9: Walks and talks
Chapter 10: Gossip
Chapter 11: I'm famous
Chapter 12: Dinner
Chapter 13: Second job and apartment
Chapter 14: Moving day
Chapter 15: Emergency
Chapter 16: Little dolphin
Chapter 17: Good morning
Chapter 18: Casual Thursday
Chapter 19: Saturday night
Chapter 20: Movies and storm
Chapter 21: Another morning
Chapter 22: Important talk
Chaper 23: First date
Chapter 24: Fancy restaurant
Chapter 25: Marvel
Chapter 26: Little waitress
Chapter 27: Hot
Chapter 28: Lotion and water guns
Chapter 29: Movies
Chapter 30: Taking care
Chapter 31: Is it my fault?
Chapter 32: Second date
Chapter 33: Will you be my girlfriend?
Chapter 34: Questions
Chapter 35: Gold digger
Chapter 36: Lizzie
Chapter 37: Girls night
Chapter 38: Boat date
Chapter 39: New opportunities and costumes
Chapter 40: Halloween
Chapter 41: Aquarium
Chapter 42: Tourist things
Chapter 43: First time*
Chapter 44: Florence
Chapter 45: Warm enough*
Chapter 46: Holiday plans
Chapter 47: Scarlett's birthday
Chapter 48: Cooking with Flo
Chapter 49: Thanksgiving and jealousy
Chapter 50: Spa Day
Chapter 51: Full relaxation
Chapter 52: Swimming lesson
Chapter 53: Cookies and skates
Chapter 54: Future plans
Chapter 55: Birthday
Chapter 56: Trust
Chapter 57: School problems
Chapter 58: Train and family meeting
Chapter 59: Christmas morning
Chapter 60: Grave
Chapter 61: Exes and Stars
Chapter 62: Back home
Chapter 63: New Year
Chapter 64: The new job
Chapter 65: Night out
Chapter 66: New apartment
Chapter 67: Snow
Chapter 68: Sick
Chapter 69: Cloud 9
Chapter 70: Pleasure
Chapter 71: Furniture shopping
Chapter 72: Goodbye
Chapter 73: Zoo
Chapter 74: Valentine's Day
Chapter 75: Snow day
Chapter 76: Winter break
Chapter 77: Just keep swimming
Chapter 78: Rumors
Chapter 79: Rose's birthday
Chapter 80: Surprise
Chapter 81: Poor baby
Chapter 82: You're not her mother!
Chapter 83: Black Widow and L.A.
Chapter 85: Skinny dipping and more
Chapter 86: Horse back riding
Chapter 87: Beach Day
Chapter 88: Bachelorette and flower girl
Chapter 89: Venue and puzzle pieces
Chapter 90: Lizzie's wedding
Chapter 91: Red carpet
Chapter 92: Strawberries and loose teeth
Chapter 93: Florida
Chapter 94: I will always protect you
Chapter 95: Welcome to the mile high club
Chapter 96: London
Chapter 97: Lost
Chapter 98: Camping
Chapter 99: Finally diving in the ocean
Chapter 100: One plus one equals love
Book 2 is out now!
A New Scarlett Book

Chapter 84: Anniversary

5.8K 214 61
By Just_writing_a_bit

A/n: Surprise update because it's Scarlett's birthday and as a thank you for 200k reads :D

Pov y/n

It's Saturday, the 15th of April, which means that it's been six months since Scarlett asked me to be her girlfriend.

I am excited for today, especially for tonight because Lizzie will pick up Rose around 5 pm for a sleep over, which means that Scarlett and I get the house to ourselves.

I don't have anything special planned, because I just arrived here yesterday and had no clue what you can do around here.
But I did buy a present for her, just a small one since it's our six-month anniversary and not a year.

It's a little keychain with a picture of Rose and I.
I bought it yesterday when we were shopping because back in New York I didn't have that much time with Rose after coming up with the idea.
The picture is really adorable, we purposefully went to a photographer for it and I let Rose help me pick which one the best is.
We settled on the one where we're both laughing into the camera because Lizzie almost tripped over a wire on the ground.

It looks so natural and just adorable. Lizzie really liked my idea and agreed that it is a good present for six months. Rose didn't understand why her mom got a present and she didn't and no matter how much I tried to explain it, she didn't understand and pointed out that she liked me even before her mom and I became girlfriends, so she deserves something too.

I couldn't argue with that and when I went to a store to buy Scarlett some chocolate, I also bought a chocolate lollipop for Rose to give to her today.
She wanted to see Scarlett's reaction to the present as well, so I agreed on giving it to Scar when Rose is still there.

I'm already up, making pancakes and coffee, so Scarlett can wake up to the smell of breakfast in the house.
When she pads into the kitchen, she smiles widely when she detects me making breakfast.

She makes her way over to me and I smile at her, before turning my attention back onto the pancakes, so they won't burn.
Her arms wrap around my waist and she rests her chin on my shoulder, watching as I pour new batter into the pan. She softly kisses my neck a few times and holds me a bit tighter.

"Happy six months, angel." She mumbles against my skin and I feel the butterflies in my stomach rise, putting one hand over hers on my stomach.

"Happy six months, cuddle bug." I reply and turn my head to peck her lips. She almost pouts at me.

"That doesn't count as a real kiss." She says and I chuckle, pulling the pan off the stove before turning around in her arms and cupping her face.

Her eyes start to sparkle at the action. I lean forward and kiss her softly, moving my lips in perfect sync with hers. Her hands hold onto my back, pulling me a little more into her as her tongue licks over my bottom lip.
I part my lips for her and greet her tongue happily. The kiss stays soft and sweet and I pour all my feelings into it, feeling Scarlett doing the same.
A little breathlessly, we pull away and I rest my forehead against hers.

"That's better." She whispers and I smile a little before nudging her nose with mine.

"It was." I agree and kiss her cheek before turning back around to continue the pancakes.
She stays close to me, hugging me from behind and watching me make pancakes.

When I am done, I turn the stove off and just in that moment, we hear little footsteps approach the kitchen and a few seconds later, Rose appears in the kitchen with a big smile.

"Good morning." She exclaims and rounds the kitchen isle. Scarlett scoops her up to give her a good morning hug and a kiss.

"Good morning, my little sunshine." She says and Rose smiles at the affection before reaching out for me. I take her while Scarlett starts to set the table.

"Good morning, sweetie." I say and kiss her cheek, making her smile.

"Good morning, Mama." She says and gives me a kiss as well, making my heart swell. She looks over to Scarlett to see if she is looking before leaning closer to my ear.

"When are you giving Mommy the gift?" She asks and I smile at the excitement in her voice.

"After breakfast. I made pancakes." I tell her and it seems as if she only now notices it and her eyes grow big and she wiggles to be put down.

I do so and she almost runs over to the breakfast table to sit down. Scarlett and I laugh at her action and I get some grapes out of the fridge to have something healthy to add to breakfast. When I hand Scar her coffee and she takes a sip, she hums at the taste and smiles widely at me.

"I'm telling you, you make the best coffee." She says and I blush a tiny bit at her compliment.

"If you say so."
She nods happily and kisses my cheek when I settle down next to her.
We have a calm breakfast but I can tell that Rose is excited to see Scarlett's reaction to the gift.
As soon as she is done with breakfast, she starts to bounce a little in her chair, looking between me and her mother.

"What is it, sweetheart? Do you need to use the bathroom?" Scarlett asks, noticing Rose's bouncing.

Rose starts to giggle at the question and shakes her head, putting her hand over her mouth to cover up her giggles. She looks at me and tries to wink, which fails pretty much and it's more a blinking but I smile and wink back.

Scarlett watches our interaction a bit suspiciously but has a little smile on her lips.
We eat up as well and since Rose is already jittery, I only put the plates into the sink and nod towards the living room.
Rose takes Scarlett's hand and pulls her towards the couch. Scarlett chuckles a bit and watches me join them because I had to grab the present from a cabinet in the kitchen where I'm sure she wouldn't look.

I hand her the little box with the key chain and she looks up at me, her expression not quite readable. Her eyes dart from the small box to me and back before she opens it.
Her eyes light up at the keychain and she carefully gets it out, taking a closer look.

"When did you make this?" She asks, almost whispering.

"Yesterday when we were out with Lizzie." I explain and she looks at me, truly happy over the gift and seeing her this way, makes me happy.

"It is really wonderful, thank you so much, y/n." She says and leans forward to give me a short kiss. I am sure it would have been longer but Rose is right there, so we keep it short.

"I love it." She whispers and looks at it further.
Rose grins at me happily and gives me a thumbs up that I return with a silent chuckle.
When I see Scarlett wiping at her eyes, I take her free hand in mine, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles.

"Why are you crying, Mommy? Don't you like it?" Rose asks, almost sad she made her mom cry but Scarlett shakes her head and puts the chain down to open her arm for Rose who climbs into her lap, trying to comfort her.

"I love it, sweetheart. It just makes me so happy and realize what two wonderful girls I have that I got some happy tears into my eyes." She explains and gives my hand a little squeeze that I return. I lean forward and wipe a little tear away.

"So, you cry because you are really happy?" Rose asks a little confused and Scarlett nods.
Rose scrunches her eyebrows a little together in thought before nodding slowly, accepting the reasoning.

"Thank you, really." Scarlett says and looks at me, letting go of my hand to cup my face softly. I lean into her touch and smile.

"You're welcome." I reply. "Oh, I also have another little gift."
I pull out the box of chocolates and Scarlett laughs a little, wiping at her eyes.

"That fits perfectly, thank you, I love it." She says and leans forward to give me another kiss that I return.

"And, because I am also thankful to have Rosie in my life..." I trail off and hand her the wrapped chocolate lollipop.
Her eyes grow big and she tors the wrapping paper away, smiling widely at the chocolate.

"Thank you Mama!" She cheers and throws herself onto me. I hug her and kiss her temple.

"You're welcome, little dolphin." I reply and when she pulls away, she settles down in my lap.

"I will draw you a very pretty picture with Aunty Lizzie in return." She promises and I smile and kiss the top of her head.

"I love that." I say and she seems happy with my answer.

"I actually have something for you as well." Scarlett says and places her things down on the coffee table before getting up and disappearing into another room. Rose's eyes are glued to the door, waiting to see what her mom got me and so are mine.
Scarlett comes back with a beautiful bouquet of flowers in her hands and my heart melts at the sight.

"They are really beautiful." I say when she reaches us and places the vase and flowers on the table since I still have Rose on my lap.

"You like them?" She asks and sits down next to us again. I nod and look at her.

"I love them even." I say and her smile grows and she takes my hand.

"Thank you so much." I say and squeeze her hand before lifting it up and giving it a kiss. Scarlett blushes slightly but smiles even happier.

"They are really pretty, Mommy." Rose agrees.
"But not as good as my chocolate."

Rose giggles and slides off my lap before Scar can reach for her and tickle her, so she jumps up as well.
Rose squeals when she notices her mom is chasing her and they run around the house, only their laughs and footsteps audible.

I smile to myself, my girls.
This is all I ever wanted. How did I get so lucky to get it all at once?

They come running back to the living room and I am surprised Scarlett didn't catch Rose yet but then see she is running a little slower on purpose. Rose's cheeks are a little reddened from all the running and she tosses me her chocolate before bolting off again, Scarlett after her. I laugh at their antics and put the chocolate onto the table as well.

The next thing I hear and see is Scarlett marching back inside, Rose squealing and giggling over her shoulder.
Scar carefully sets Rose down on the couch before tickling her.
I make room for them and my heart grows watching the two of them goof around.
Rose tries to push her mom away but Scarlett doesn't let her. She stops after a while though, so Rose can catch her breath, still giggling a little.

"Okay, maybe the flowers are equally as good." She settles and grins a little. Scarlett laughs and kisses Rose.

The little girl smiles and gets up to bring her chocolate to her room. Scarlett makes grabby hands at me and I smile, sitting down next to her and wrapping my arms around her.

"I love you." She whispers, her face hovering in front of mine.

"I love you." I reply and my eyes dart from her green oceans to her lips before I kiss them softly.

"No peeking." Scarlett tells me and I giggle a little bit.
"How could I when your hands are over my eyes?" I ask back and hear her chuckle.

Rose got picked up by Lizzie an hour ago and Scarlett announced she had another surprise for me but needs to take care of some things before showing me. She lead me out of the house and put her hands over my eyes, guiding me somewhere.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.
"Surprise." She says and I huff playfully, making her chuckle a bit. The surface underneath me changes and I sink in a little bit.

"Are we walking on sand?" I ask but only get a hum in response that could mean anything. I guess I really have to wait.

"And we are there." Scarlett says and stops, slowly taking her hands of my eyes and moving to my side to watch my reaction when I open my eyes.

I am baffled at the sight in front of me. We are in fact on sand, we are at the beach to be exact.
There is no one else around and a few meters in front of me, there is a table and two chairs, a candle lit on the table. Plates and glasses are also there, ready for us to use.
Around the table there are torches in the ground, probably for when it gets dark. It looks incredible and I don't know what to say, way too touched by this beautiful setup.

"Scarlett, this is just wow." I whisper and she smiles brightly at me, taking my hand.

"I wanted us to have a special dinner date on our six month anniversary and what could be better than the beach?" She asks and gently leads me to the table.

"How did you do this?" I ask and look at everything, still stunned and almost too stunned to speak.

"I hired some people." She answers with a soft smile and I turn to face her.
"It is perfect." I whisper and her smile widens before she pulls me in for a soft kiss.

"I am glad you like it so much." She whispers after leaning back again. I nod and she pulls my chair back for me, making the butterflies in my stomach do flips.

I sit down and watch as she rounds the table to sit down as well. It is a little unsteady on the sand but I couldn't care less, this is perfect.
Scarlett takes out her phone and sends a quick message and only a few moments later, two waiter come from somewhere, bringing us food and water before taking off again.
I look down at the dinner in front of me and feel my eyes starting to get teary.

"No one has ever done anything this sweet for me." I say and wipe away a tear. Scarlett takes my other hand, brushing her thumb over the back of my hand.

"You deserve it and I want to spoil you forever with sweet gestures and little presents and everything your heart desires." She says and a second tear runs down my face that I quickly wipe away.

"You are all I need to be happy. All of this is incredibly nice but as long as I have you and Rose, I'm not missing anything." I tell her and her face softens a lot and her eyes light up.

"Then it's a good thing I'm not planning to go anywhere." She replies softly and I nod, taking a breathe to compose myself a little again.

"I love you, so, so much." I say and she smiles happily.

"I love you too, so, so much." She says back and my heart fills with so much pure happiness that I think it will explode any second but it doesn't.

"Wanna try the food?" Scarlett asks after a few seconds of silence and I nod, feeling my mouth starting to water at the sight of the delicious meal.
I let go of Scarlett's hand to grab the cutlery and dig into the food, humming at it's taste.

We stay mostly silent while we eat, simply enjoying the food and each other's company.
Once our plates are empty, Scarlett gets up and offers me her hand. I take it and let her pull me up, intertwining our fingers.

"Lets take a little walk." She suggests and nods towards the shoreline. I smile and nod, following her lead. Our hands swing between us as we stroll down the beach, the sun slowly setting and coloring the sky orange

"How about we play a game?" She suggests and I look at her interested.
"It's called twenty questions and it's basically just asking each other stuff and the other person answers." She explains and I chuckle a bit and agree.

"Okay, how about...your favorite color. I never asked you about it." She starts and I think back and have to admit that she is right. I think about my answer.

"I would say purple." I answer and she looks at me in surprise. "What?"

"Nothing, I just wouldn't have expected that because you barely wear it." She observes and I nod.

"That's true but that's mainly because I don't wanna look like a grape or an oversized child." I point out and she laughs, making me laugh a little as well.

"Not really that much oversized though." She teases and I poke her side, pretending to be offended.

"Right back at you, Miss Johansson. The last time I checked, we were about the same height." I shoot back and she shakes her head before nodding and giggling a bit.
"Touché."

"What's your favorite color?" I ask and she thinks about it.

"I'd say either a darker shade of red or a darker shade of blue." She answers and I grin a little.
"50 shades of red or blue then?" I joke and she snickers and swats my arms a little.

"Sure, I mean if you're into it." She winks at me and I grin but shake my head a little.

"Maybe the restraining thing up to a certain level but not the pain thing." I say honestly and she nods, smirking a little.

"You're liking for restraining is definitely something I know about." She says and I blush a little, getting a kiss from her on the cheek.

"Okay, my turn. Uneven or even numbers?" I ask and Scarlett looks at me in utter confusion.
"What?" She asks and I grin at her reaction.

"Do you prefer even or uneven numbers?" I repeat my question but the confusion stays.
"In what context?"

"In any context. If you had to choose a random number or if you can choose on which parking lot you will park or how many gummy bears you take out of the package, etc." I explain and she nods slowly, still seeming confused about my question.

"I don't know, I guess even numbers?" She answers and I shake my head. "You?"

"Definitely uneven numbers." I reply and she rolls her eyes playfully a little at my almost offended tone.
"They are just better." I reason and she laughs a little and shakes her head.

"You are such a dork sometimes. But I love that about you. Alright, we can settle on uneven numbers." She says and presses a kiss to my cheek, making me smile.

"But speaking of numbers, you once said you have a favorite number...which was it again?" She asks and I nod.

"It's five." I reply and she nods in remembering.
"Right. I'd say mine is eleven." She thinks out loud and I nod.
"Good choice."

She looks at me amused and we stop to turn towards the sunset. Her other arm wraps around the one she is already holding the hand of and she leans her head against mine, looking at the colorful sky.

"It's so beautiful." I whisper, never having seen the sun set over the open sea.
Sure, back in New York we watched the sun set and it was kinda over the sea but it wasn't as beautiful as here.

"Not as beautiful as you." She replies and I feel my cheeks turning pink and my lips curl into a wide smile.

"Thank you for all of this." I say and turn to her, gently cupping her face in my hands. She smiles at me and her eyes seem to sparkle in the light of the setting sun.

"You are very welcome, I am very glad you like it." She replies and I nod softly before connecting our lips for a sweet kiss.
It's slow and filled with love and passion.
After pulling away, I wrap my arms around her and we continue to watch the sunset as I draw little shapes onto her palms.

"How about we head home?" Scar suggests and I nod, kissing her temple and letting her out of my embrace.

"I've never had a dinner at the beach." I say as we walk back, our hands linked.
"Me neither, at least not in real life. Maybe in some movie at some point but that's totally different." She thinks back and I hum.

"It was wonderful." I tell her and she smiles at me in thanks squeezing my hand a little.

"You know what I also never did?" I ask and she looks up at me in question. "Skinny dipping."

Her eyes grow a little bigger and she giggles a bit.
"That came as a surprise. But I've never done that either." She replies and I grin a little.
"And by the grin on your face I can tell that you wanna cross that off your list today too?" She guesses and I nod.

"You know me so well, my love."
She glances over the sea and along the beach.

"But it's not even that warm and the sea is probably cold." She almost whines, making me chuckle a bit and pull her closer to me to wrap my arm around her shoulder, her hand finding my waist.

"That makes it even more thrilling, don't you think?" I point out and she groans a bit.

"That's what I get for having a younger girlfriend." She murmurs but gives me a soft smile, telling me she isn't actually grumpy about that.

"Come on, grandma, be a little wild." I smirk and swat her butt, making her jump a little and glare at me playfully.

"Oh, I can be wild but I am sure that your sweet little core wouldn't survive that." She says lowly and I bite my lip, feeling wetness shooting down between my legs.

"Fuck." I whisper and she smirks. Her hand slides down to my butt, squeezing it and I gasp.

"But I guess, you are right, we could go skinny dipping." She changes the topic again and I breath out shakily, way too affected by her previous words and actions.

"We just don't have any towels, so we would have to be quick to be back in the house to shower and warm up. But at least, there wouldn't be any people near by because I asked my security to clear the space for our dinner because I really don't need paparazzi annoying us." She thinks out loud and I also managed to get my head out of the gutter.

"See, it would be perfect." I agree and she smiles softly at me, before sighing.
"But also cold." She says and I wave it off.

"That's the whole fun." I point out and she laughs before nodding and agreeing. Excitement fills my body at the thought and I can't wait until we arrive back in front of the house.

To my surprise, there is a box on the table that wasn't there before. Everything else is brought somewhere else. I look to Scarlett who smirks a little and nudges me towards the box.
The torches around the table give off a soft, warm light as I take the box.

"I couldn't give it to you while Rose was with us, so you're getting it now." She explains and I raise my eyebrows at her statement before slowly opening the box.
I smirk and understand now why Rose shouldn't be around. I look at her and see her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"You bought me lingerie?" I ask and she nods with a proud smirk.

"You will look incredibly hot in it." She answers and I grin and nod, looking back at the fabric.

"But isn't that more a present for you?" I ask and close the box again, not wanting it to get dirty. Scar tilts her head from one side to the other.

"I mean, sure I will enjoy it a lot but you will be the one being pleasured when wearing this." She argues and I nod, swallowing at the thought.

She kisses my neck, smiling at me.
"Love you."
"Love you too."

A/n: Six months since we became her girlfriend...this story came a long way so far :D

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 9.1K 45
Book 1 "Two old friends meet again Wearin' older faces And talk about the places they've been" Y/N Y/L/N living her best life being a Pediatric Surg...
19.6K 699 23
After getting a phone call from her cousin, Y/N, is offered an assistant job to an A-Lister Celebrity. Although it's not her dream to be an assistan...
294K 9.6K 45
Book One - Y/N is a world renowned scientist with a past she would like to forget. When the opportunity to work with the Avengers is offered to Y/N s...
74.7K 1.8K 22
[SHORT STORY | COMPLETED] {In short: Your dad's new relationship is getting serious which means you have to meet his girlfriend. Little do you know i...