Blood And Fire

By stephenpaolini1

In a world where vampires seek to enslave humans and use them as cattle for the slaughter, one force stands i... More

Blood And Fire
Chapter 2- A Vampiress and Her Kill
Chapter 3-Campfire Stories
Chapter 4-Highland Den
Chapter 5-The Catacombs
Chapter 6-Vampire Patrols
Chapter 7-Dragon Mating
Chapter 8-Vlad
Chapter 9-Wysteria Island
Chapter 10-Nick's Dream
Chapter 11-Lyra and Skyhalla
Chapter 12-Dinner With Vlad
Chapter 13-Koalpan Bend
Chapter 14-Port of Frios
Chapter 15-Surprise Attack!
Chapter 16-Nakira's Flashback
Chapter 17-Drake's Memories
Chapter 18-Crow Master Raven
Chapter 19-A Spy In Our Midst
Chapter 20-Trouble At Koalpan Bend
Chapter 21-Strange Magic
Chapter 22-Vision Quest
Chapter 23-Leo
Chapter 24-Funeral Pyre
Chapter 25-Superfast
Chapter 26-Villains in the North
Chapter 27-Skiwa Stories
Chapter 28-Bath in the River
Chapter 29-Pixie Kin
Chapter 30-Antoine and Raven
Chapter 31-Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Chapter 32-Interrogation Techniques
Chapter 33-Richard
Chapter 34-Vlad's Journal
Chapter 35-Origins of Evil
Chapter 36-Shark vs. Vampire
Chapter 37-Pop
Chapter 38-Misty Flight
Chapter 39-Disturbing Dinner
Chapter 41-Bed&Breakfast
Chapter 42-On the Road Again
Chapter 43-Cosette
Chapter 44-Mortimus
Chapter 45-Strange Bedfellows
Chapter 46-Necromancy Rites
Chapter 47-The City of Aldin
Chapter 48-Memories...
Chapter 49-Transformation
Chapter 50-Call to Arms
Chapter 51-The Living Dead
Chapter 52-The Enforcers of Aldin
Chapter 53-Wicked Laughter
Chapter 54-Two Separate Attacks
Chapter 55-The Red Dragon
Chapter 56-King Louis IV
Chapter 57-Almost There
Chapter 58-Crispy Critters
Chapter 59-Finnigan's Back Story
Chapter 60-Talon Claw
Chapter 61-Pyronius Help Me
Chapter 62-Cosette's Back Story
Chapter 63-Dragon Blood
Chapter 64-Air&Ground Forces
Chapter 65-Go Get Help!
Chapter 66-Nakira's Predicament
Chapter 67-Tea With Malthor
Chapter 68-Confounded Snow
Chapter 69-Fighting the Plague
Chapter 70-Pop's Speech
Chapter 71-Squawk
Chapter 72-Dog Fights
Chapter 73-Status Check
Chapter 74-Antoine the Gargoyle
Chapter 75-Burn It All!
Chapter 76-A Day of Days
Chapter 77-Cat Woman
Chapter 78-Reunited?
Thank You For Reading!
Sneak Peek into Awakenings and Retributions: Volume 2 of The Draconos Saga

Chapter 40-Raven's Nightmare

83 15 20
By stephenpaolini1

CHAPTER 40

     After the initial turbulent reaction to the vampire's blood, Raven did indeed know pleasures of the likes she had never experienced.

     Now, in the wake of their carnal knowledge, she finds herself drifting to a fitful sleep.  The slumber is deep, but the dreams that flash before her mind are nightmarish at best – deeply disturbing is a more apt description of the horrors dancing through her head.

     She is crawling up a grassy slope.  Her hands feel slick and she keeps sliding against her progress.

     The night is cold and dark.  Agonizing screams and hoarse whimpers fill her ears.

     The scent of blood is heavy.

     As she reaches a curtailing to the rise, light is suddenly cast upon her and her surroundings.  What she sees is beyond morbid.

     The grass all around, so slippery to her grasp, is revealed to be inundated with the blood of countless corpses.

     A single lantern is lightly swaying from a branch of an old and gnarled tree at the summit before her.  It's light, the source providing the scene macabre.

     The red crest of the hill is well illuminated, but shadowy light drifts to the branches above the lantern.  Still, it is all that is necessary for Raven's eyes to consume the tortured sight aloft.

     The monstrous tree is host to hundreds of bodies dangling from various heights and from an assortment of bindings.

     Nearest the lantern, and therefore most well displayed are a couple of opposite gender, apparently snatched up in mid-coitus.  Their physical attraction is forever memorialized in a lewd puppetry of perversion:  fine wires protrude from their flesh at strategic points about their nude bodies.  The fastenings attach to thinner branches overhead that sway in the crisp evening breeze – causing a necrophiliac show as the lifeless pair continue their absurd thrustings by locomotion beyond their abilities in death.

     Both victims' throats have been surgically opened and pinned back revealing contrasting colors of bright whites and reds.  The faces have turned a gruesome mixture of pale white with purple erupting beneath the skin.  Eyes and mouths are sewn shut with a coarse black thread. 

     Raven's screams are choked as no sooner had she taken in this god awful sight, and then her eyes are drawn to the next.

     A pregnant woman is pinned to the main tree trunk with arms crucified to branches at either side.  Her intentions have been brought forth by means of a bizarre and cruel operation rendering her abdomen into the form of a cuckoo clock from hell.

     More hysterics from Raven.

     A particularly spiky tree limb has served as a skewer to create a human schiskabob – four cadavers impaled one after another, but at slightly different angles so as to create the effect of each successive face peering over the shoulder of its predecessor.

     Raven tries to take in all the rest of the perversions of death hung about the gnarly tree, but the further up she looks the more the scene seems to sway, until it begins to spin – a kaleidoscope of tattered flesh and faces twisted in the grip of death.

     The accompanying moans and wails abound as some of the victims are skinned alive and have not yet found release from the torture of what remains of their lives.

     All the while, the sadistic sights twirl above Raven's upturned eyes.  Nausea rises in her throat and she spews forth her bile, but the tree continues to spin faster.  She cannot hear her own screams now as they are drowned amongst the agony around her.

     She continues to yell, but has to close her eyes.  She covers her ears with palms flat to her head.  She can feel the dizziness of the movement carrying her into oblivion.

     She cannot stand it anymore.  She is at the brink of insanity.  As she passes into madness, she can feel the bliss of darkness wash over her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.2K 3.1K 23
Harry's life was long turned upside-down two years ago at the start of his fourth school year, where he was bitten by a vampire. Alongside him, Draco...
6.6K 384 54
The country of Garowain used to be a land of chivalry, honour and bravery. But that was the past. At some point, the knights, protectors of the peopl...
142K 3.8K 29
Violence, greed, lust, those are the traits that the humans and dragons have to those of Nergigante blood. Many feared the them as they were violent...
174 25 18
Solaris Bane Stjärna, the Calamity Marked. The name given to one who is born with the eye of the Ouroboros and Mark of the Fell Dragon. All his life...