All I Ask of You

By christinedaaeherself

A Phantom of the Opera fan falls into a world that she can partially recognize from her favorite movie. She h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Author's Note
Author's Note 2
THANK YOU!

Chapter 38

845 33 0
By christinedaaeherself

That night, after our friends had left and the girls were in bed, Erik came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "My beautiful wife..." he whispered, kissing my neck.

I giggled as his kisses tickled my neck, "How was you birthday, darling?"

"It was lovely," he nuzzled my ear.

"Erik..." I moaned, "We can't... My cycle is... Well, unless you want another baby, we can't."

He turned me so our bodies were pressed together, and he kissed me passionately. When he broke away, I was breathless, "What's gotten into you, handsome?" I placed my hands on his cheeks.

Wordlessly, he continued giving me more kisses and rubbing his hands up and down the bodice of my dress.

"Erik, what are you doing?" I whispered.

"Would it be so bad to bring another child into this world?"

"Well, no. Erik, shouldn't we discuss this though?"

"I thought you'd be thrilled at the prospect of bringing another Destler into the world..." he seemed defeated.

"I would be, but I just want to know what changed your mind. After Genevieve, you were the one who insisted we be extremely careful."

I saw tears welling in his eyes. It took me by surprise because he hadn't become this emotional in a long time. "Erik..." I hugged him tightly.

"They're growing up too fast... With the girls, I was mentally unwell when they were infants, and I just want another chance. I want the girls to see how good of a father I can be."

"Oh, Erik... you are a good father. Your daughters adore you."

"Forget I mentioned anything," he sniffled.

"Erik, no. I'm not opposed. I just wanted us to have a conversation about this before we bring another life into the world.

"My dear, I don't want to cause you any grief or trouble. Please just forget..."

"Erik," I cupped his face with my hands, "You rarely share many of your thoughts or feelings. For you to bring this up, it must be something you feel strongly about. If you believe that we have the love to give another child and the financial means to give three children a good upbringing, then," I kissed his lips, "Shall we continue?"

His eyes twinkled, "You are the best thing that ever happened to me," he murmured. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1K 34
A classic retell of the Phantom of the Opera with a few twists along the way. The story follows Christine DaaƩ, a daughter of a Swedish violinist, wh...
29.4K 979 17
After years of solitude, a woman quite literally falls into the life of the notorious Phantom that once haunted the Opera Populaire. She's different...
8.5K 298 19
The Phantom endures an enormous amount of stress during the fire and from his heartbreak. The moment he is able to retreat to his hideaway in peace...
32.1K 1.3K 23
One event changed everything in Christine Daae's life. Erik Destlar fell in love with her and decided to take her to live with him. Will she ever lov...