ᴡᴀʟʟғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ

Από sawvvy

❝He built himself the perfect barricade, and she brought with her, the perfect demolition tool❞ Introverted... Περισσότερα

WALLFLOWER
PLAYLIST & AESTHETICS
1 | Enclosed Specimen
2 | Reserved rudeness
3 | Reasonable conversation
4 | Numbers never lie
5 | Endgame
6 | Olive branch
7 | Wilted dreams
8 | Equal proportions
9 | Milestones
10 | Vintage galleries
11 | Varieties & Extremities
12 | We're not friends
14 | Someone else's battle
15 | Lounge Peak
16 | Daytime Witch
17 | Adult-napper
18 | Just a bite
19 | Peace offering
20 | Death Sentence
21 | Drunk Jenga
22 | Overdramatic
23 | Kitchen treason
24 | Secrets to spill
25 | Muse (Not)
26 | Willingly
27 | Non-date
28 | Next step
29 | Sticky Situation

13 | Periodic Table

164 53 54
Από sawvvy

The dawn of a new day was the rise of a new Didi.

Saying that would make me a liar since I felt like shit.

Few days after the exhibition, Dad had made his grand return from his chain of medical seminars and conferences. I'd say that Dad being home constantly wasn't a good thing for me.

He always had things for me to do. Random pop quizzes which originally were for the student doctors at the University hospital he worked at, but since I, his daughter was a pre-med aspirant, he found it pleasing to throw questions at intervals whenever he saw me.

And there was the late night party ban and TDB reading. Seriously, I wasn't even a university student yet.

I was just any random teenager who has been blessed with a super long vacation and beautiful summer that should be enjoyed.

I screamed into my pillow as a knock sounded on my room door. I knew Dad was behind the door, dressed and ready for work. But he wouldn't leave without asking annoying science questions.

I stood up grudgingly and with the grace of a zombie, matched to the door to open it.

Instead of Dad, Mum stood at my door a brow shot up as she took me in.

"Do you ever get tired of sleeping Chidinma! And your hair is an unpleasant sight." She chastized. "Where's your bonnet and why didn't you braid them up?"

Too many words so early in the morning.

I took a defeated stance as I walked back to my bed. "Morning to you Mum."

"Are you just waking up?" Her voice held disapproval.

"Yes," I drawled back, landing on my bed with a thud. I felt like a train had rammed into me.

Mornings were supposed to be refreshing and blissful and not this horrible.

I heard Mum enter the room since my face was buried into the pillow. "At this time of the day?"

Groaning, I sank my face further into the pillow. "Mummy noww. It's still too early!"

"My friend get up. It's already past seven in the morning. Your mates have started doing something reasonable with their lives since five!"

Seven? Half the people I knew slept till ten! It was the holidays and not a school day!

"Mummy please..." I pleaded. "Seven is still too early. I slept by one."

I could hear her opening the windows and lifting the curtains. This was all Dad's fault.

"Is this what you'll be doing in the university?" A twack landed on my leg, making me jolt up with speed. "While your mates are in the lecture hall, you'll be busy dozing off on your bed Chidinma!"

Sitting up, I let out a frustrated cry. This isn't fair. Why should I be waking up at such time when I had nothing to do anyway.

"When I reach school Mummy, I'll act like a student."

Mum snorted as she now stood before me, satisfied that I was fully awake. "Your Dad was right. He knew you weren't going to be up by now if you aren't prodded."

I stared at her in utter disbelief. "Dad put you up to this? It's because of him that I went to bed at an ungodly hour! This is so unfair."

Mum shook her head at my dramatics before making to the door.

"Don't you care for your husband? He sleeps by 1 or 2 in the morning. You know it's unhealthy."

"Worry about yourself first Chidinma. Wash up and get downstairs. The house chores won't do themselves you know." With that, she left my room.

Annoyed and totally wronged, I almost let out a frustrated groan just in time my phone rang.

I reached for it on my bedstand. Dad's name flashed back.

Seriously! What have I done to deserve such a morning?

"Chidinma?" His baritone voice filled the speakers once I received the call.

I fought the urge to hiss. "Good morning Daddy."

He let out a knowing laugh. "Are you just waking up?"

He knew I was just waking up. He sent Mum himself.

"Yes."

"Are you fully awake?"

"Yes sir." I grumbled.

He paused for a while. "If you are, recite the periodic table."

I removed the phone from my ears before staring at the caller ID in utter disbelief.

I should recite what again?

"Daddy?" I said carefully. "Are you talking to someone else right now?"

Instead he let out his usual boisterous laugh which had me easing up a little.

"You are funny Chidinma. I am referring to you princess." I cringed at the annoying nickname. "Recite the periodic table."

My face was a mask of horror. "Jesus daddy."

"I want to see if you're fully awake as you claimed. Remember, you mastered them in JSS3, I taught you how to. If your brain is fully functioning, you shouldn't have a hard time remembering them."

I groaned as I shut my eyes in frustration and humiliation as the words left my lips instinctively.

"Hydrogen, Helium, lithium, Beryllium, Boron, carbon..."

•••

"He did not!"

Karen howled with laughter, attracting skeptical glances as we made our way into the large mall that evening.

"He did." I couldn't help the smile that tried to slip out no matter how annoyed I was at the moment. "I recited every one of them from beginning to the end."

Karen lost it again, laughing so hard that tears were almost slipping out.

I glared at her. "It isn't funny Elohor."

Grinning, she brought out her phone as she began typing quickly. "Trust me, it is. Jesus Ajala, your father is one funny Man. A day as his daughter would probably make my worry lines disappear. And I'm not speaking medically.

"Be careful what you wish for."

She nudged me. "You be careful what you wish you never had."

I scowled at her before walking ahead. "Just shut up."

She ran up to meet me. "At least, you had a fun morning." She grumbled beside me. "Mine wasn't even half as interesting."

I scowled at her once again. "Why drag me to the mall with you of all of a sudden?"

She shrugged. "Because you're the only person available."

Halting in my stride, I turned to glare at her. "Only person available? You think I don't have any other important thing to do?"

Karen grinned. "Well, asides reciting the periodic table to your father-" I glared at her.

She laughed heartily, seemingly enjoying my annoyance. "Okay fine. I'm serious. Az isn't picking her calls, so she's probably reading her eyes off. Wande is off promoting her new musician and won't be of any help dress shopping since all she probably knows how to buy is jeans and sweats..."

I cocked a brow. "And so? What about Kam and Brian?"

She dramatically slouched her shoulders in defeat. "You know they won't be of help. Besides, they've been going on and about searching for something. They're trying to be discreet. Even Kam is keeping his broken tap of a mouth shut."

I joined her slouched form. I understood clearly.

Ever since the exhibition and the way Kam and Lade had butted heads, the group have been acting some type of way. Not intentionally among all of us though. The girls were truly busy. But Kam and Brian were the fishy ones. They barely conversed on her group chat even.

"Hmmn, I hope they're not in some kind of trouble." I murmured worriedly, audible enough for Karen to hear me.

She nodded firmly. "I hope so too."

We began our journey the cloth section as Karen took my arms into hers.

"Why are we shopping so late in the afternoon again Elohor?"

Her steps were a little giddy as we entered the first section that was solely for feminine footwears.

"Some bitch is trying to steal my hard created idea." She frowned. "I'm trying to show them who the boss is?"

That was news.

"You have competition already? Seriously Karen, you are not the only fashion vlogger in the world. Not even the only one here in Beechworth."

She rolled her eyes as she released my arms, fingers skimming through strap heels. "I'm not talking about some competition. You of all people know I love competition. Healthy or unhealthy."

"Okay?"

"Whoever this person is, they aren't competitions. They're copy cats." She announced vexingly. Coming to stand before me, flanked side by side by her mean girl attitude. "They call themselves Closet fairy. Ajala, I am Closet Chic."

I sighed. "Is that all?"

"No!" She whisper-yelled dramatically. "Even though their name is a unoriginal. Who cares?" She shoved her cellphone in my face. "I'm talking about this!"

I took the phone, as I scrolled through Pinterest screenshots.

"Their blogs and pins are same as mine. Look at the clothes I used for my last YouTube video, it's exactly the same. The only difference is that-"

"Their own is Emo themed and mostly monochrome?" I finished.

"Exactly!" She whisper-yelled again. "You know, I was going to let it go when I saw the logo and name, but nah, copying and eventually altering my creation is a big insult."

The way she said it was a little worrying. She had on the same look she usually wore during debates back in highschool.

And trust me, competitive Karen didn't play fairly.

"What will you do now?"

She smiled wickedly, eyes glinting mischievously. "Throwing the bait. Which eventually, they'll bite. Then!" She flicked her nails, blowing off imaginary dirt. "Then I'll fucking pull."

I sighed. "Easy with the enthusiasm girl."

She snorted as she began scanning through shoes again. "Why should I, they called it first- Oh! These are gorgeous!"

In seconds, she'd entered into full shopaholic mode as we went from section to section, picking out outfits and shoes.

We where at a jewelry shop when Wande sent a rough draft of Falcon's recently recorded song for feedbacks.

I downloaded the audio, with a promise to give it a good listen when I got back.

"What do you think of Falcon?" Karen asked as she busied her hands with trying earrings after earrings.

The boy's handsome face popped into my memory. But his vibe was a little boring.

He looked like a straight-laced guy who does everything by the book.

But oh well, that made it a whole lot fun. The idea of ruffling his feathers a little and having him lose guard for a second or two had me smiling wickedly.

"He's cute."

Karen narrowed her eyes. "He's cute? Weren't you the one who acted like he wasn't your type the other time?"

"I didn't say I wanted to date him Elohor." I stressed. "Although I would have shaa, if he didn't know Damini."

She rolled her eyes. "Ashawo! Thought you were interested in Lade's friend?"

My eyes widened in mock horror. "Khalid? No naa, Khalid is like baby brother material. He would have made a great friend if he wasn't associated with Lade."

Karen's smile came out small. And immediately I felt bad.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out immediately.

"It's okay." She shook her head, brightening up in seconds. "I can't believe you called Khalid baby brother material."

My grin matched hers. "But he's cute and hot to a reasonable extent, but there's something about him. It's like how it is with Kam and Brian."

Khalid was chill to me and safe in a way, I thought, thinking of the time I'd seen him at one of Karen's parties, shooting down some drunk girl's approach.

It had been so heartwarming and cute to watch. Not many girls had the decency of doing that.

I shrugged. I'd seen him at a lot of parties which was big since he didn't attend our school, he was decent. Just that I didn't like the asshole he hung out with.

"I'm not talking about Khalid though." Karen laughed. "Somadina. You were with him when Lade and Kam, you know..." She muttered awkwardly.

"Oh," I stared, shocked that she'd noticed us walking in together. "He's friends with Lade?"

She thought for few seconds. "Sort of. He barely hangs with them though and I don't really recognize him, that's how rare he hangs with them." She grinned. "It's a bummer though, he's cute but isn't a people person. Quite cranky to be honest."

I grinned, remembering my encounters with him. Cranky was such an understatement when it came to adjectives that described the boy.

"That's the fun with people like him. Hanging with them is more fun."

Karen grinned wickedly with me. "Because it's more fun to get under their nerves?"

"You got it girl!" I high slapped her palm with mine.

I noticed that the few times I'd been with him, I'd had my wicked fun. He was the electron and I was the nucleus in my little science fair. Although electrons are charged negatively and nucleus, positively. These two are always drawn together.

Just like the old saying, opposites attract.

I grinned, getting excited with the mere thought of seeing him again. If fate would have it. It would be fun to get under his skin and have his perpetually grumpy ass in my grip.

Just like an electron is held in orbit around an atoms nucleus, I planned on having him trapped --not diabolically though-- I was going to have fun getting rid of the anti in his antisocial.

"Jesus Didi!" Karen snapped me back to reality. "You really replaced Damini that fast seeing as you're smiling since I mentioned Soma."

I scowled at the mention of Damini's name. "Way to spoil the mood Karen."

She grinned. "Sorry. Sweet and sour makes the world balanced."

I rolled my eyes as I tried on a set of silver knuckle rings. "It's not funny."

She nudged me playfully. "So you like him?"

I saw the suggestive look on her face. "Uh, nope. Not like I like him to want to date him, kind of likeness." I corrected. "He's cute, but he's not my type romantically."

She narrowed her eyes. "Really?"

I shrugged. "I know how to separate pleasures from playthings..."

"Idiot!" She guffawed this time, causing the attendants to stare at us crazy.

"Oh shit!" She froze, as she stared at me wide-eyed.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Aunty flowy! Laughed too hard. Hey, pay up for the earrings and necklaces. Add the knuckle rings too." She spoke quickly, dropping an AMEX card in my palm. "Gotta go!"

Still confused, I called after her. "Girl what the fuck?"

"Pad is full." She mouthed, before dashing towards the restroom.

I let out an amused laugh as I made my way to the counter with her purchases.

Leave it to Karen Elohor to go shopping, even when she is on her period.

After paying up, I took her stuffs and waited at the waiting lounge, while going through our group chats.

Kam was asking for the difference between cream color and milk color. Trust me, it was a little crazy in there. Brian, Wande and even Azra who claimed to be reading were dropping answers and opinions I never knew existed.

I did a quick scan of the crazy chat, replied some questions, dropped random laughing emojis because, for real, my friends were real clowns, before exiting the chatroom.

Immediately, Karen's cellphone began ringing. A look at the caller ID showed that it was her mother. Quickly, I stood up, armed with several shopping bags as I went in search of her in the restroom.

Karen never missed her mother's call.

I'd just taken a step into the female ward when I heard a familiar voice.

"...hung out throughout the weekend. He never left my side, not even for a second."

I recognized the voice the more she spoke. Giwa Popoola. The girl has always been on Karen's case since junior secondary.

Stepping in just to see her face, I stopped as I watched Karen take her sweet time to wash her hands.

"Did he?" She said nonchalantly.

I wondered who they were talking about.

"Yes honey," Giwa cooed. Her signature husky feminine voice annoying me in seconds.

Who knows was she was up to. Last time I checked, Giwa's presence always spelled trouble.

"He made me breakfast, lunch and dinner," she rubbed her flat stomach lovingly. "And then he fed me." She winked. "I hope you know what I mean."

I watched Karen's unfazed expression as she took her sweet time again in wiping her hands clean with a paper towel before picking up her hand cream.

She still didn't spare the girl the slightest glance.

"Let me guess, he also took you skating?"

Giwa nodded slowly. "Yes."

"You guys spent the weekend at his vacation home. The beach house?"

Giwa narrowed her eyes, but still managed to sound preppy and ecstatic. "How did you know?"

Karen shrugged, still not sparing her a glance. "That's where he takes all his fuck toys to." She brought out a glittery chapstick, opening it and applying it neatly on her lips. "He takes them there. Makes them feel like they are worth something to him before discarding them when it's all over."

Giwa let out an angry gasp. Like she was just slapped in the face.

Karen finally looked at her. Her face still stoic.

"Don't let his schemes fool you. You're just like the rest of them. Easy to use. Quick to discard."

"Still he chose me over you! He's tired of your fake ass that is why he goes around looking for comfort elsewhere! He told me you're nothing to him."

"Yet he's still with me." Karen smiled. "Your status in his list of bedmates pales in comparison to that of a side chick Giwa. Don't you get it?"

"You witch!" Giwa snarled, taking a step towards her. Her hands raised in the air. But before I could react, Karen had it in a grip.

"Don't pour your anger out on me. He should be the one you're after." Karen took her hands down. "Has he called you since you last saw him?"

Giwa's glare could cut through steel. "That's none of your business." She said breezily, putting on a taunting smile. "You're just mad Lade was with me and not you. You've always been like that since secondary school. Possessive and greedy." Giwa's smile widened as she drew close. "How does it feel hearing that I'm about to take your place?"

Picking up her strap bag, Karen smiled. "Even if I handed you my life on a silver platter, you wouldn't be able to live it properly Giwa."

She walked out on a fuming Giwa and suddenly into me eavesdropping.

Giwa was next, storming out and bumping into our shoulders.

Karen and I didn't mind as I smiled widely at her, giving her a thumbs up, even though I was an angry mess hearing about Lade's infamous escapades.

However, immediately Giwa was out of sight, Karen broke down in tears to my utter surprise.

•••

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

328K 8K 40
"what the hell are you doing!" she exclaimed and covered her eyes. I walked closeer to her, our chests touching each other. her breath hitched. I fel...
Deserted Together✔️ Από Sasha B🍉

Εφηβική Φαντασία

353K 13K 45
He loosens his grip from my waist and I begin to slip under. My faces scrunches up in discomfort, and he grabs a hold of me. He pulls me closer to hi...
Summer Lovin' (BoyxBoy) Από Jay Edwards

Εφηβική Φαντασία

23.4K 811 25
{Currently being edited, if it becomes unpublished i'm just writing more in the chapters and would be published again soon} Knowing what to do with y...
Too Good to Be Real Από Chinenye

Εφηβική Φαντασία

21.3K 3.1K 60
She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers, setting her on fire just like she did h...