Obsession Starts with a V

By GypsyWhite

David looked away as he went over something in his mind. When he turned back his eyes had gone back to an icy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Untitled Part 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
EPILOGUE: THE WEDDING
10 Years Later

Chapter 19

132 6 3
By GypsyWhite

Hi guys, sorry for not posting last week. I had a death in the family and my life's just been a little chaotic. I should be back to normal postings on Friday/Sundays this week, but just be patient with me if I'm not. 

                              ● Ɲσω Ɓαcк тσ тнє Sтσяу ●

                                The Day Before 4th of July

"So how long will you be eating our food?" Sam asked as Veronica sat in his kitchen, picking apart her toast. Due to a lack of response, he tried another tactic. "The Frog Brother's have been asking about you. I think you may have attracted Allen's attention instead of Edgar."

Veronica shrugged. "I would prefer neither. Are they really trying to kill David and the others? What about Michael?"

"They've agreed to leave Michael and my mom alone, but as for the others they're still planning on taking them out."

"Even Star?"

"I'm don't know about her anymore. I don't think they will be able to find her since no one knows where she is staying right now."

"Oh." Veronica went back to picking at her toast

Lucy walked into the kitchen in her pajamas. Her hair was a mess like she had been tossing and turning all morning.

"Can't sleep?" Sam asked his mom.

"What do you mean? It's eleven in the morning, this is my normal time to wake up." Lucy gave her son an odd look, then opened the fridge. "Hey, didn't I just buy milk? And where did all the eggs go?"

"I don't know." Sam replied. He took Veronica's pile of crumbs away hoping to spur some sort of emotion from her. She just let him take it without so much as a glare.

"Well, looks like I have to run up to the store again. Veronica, how are we on bread?" Lucy nodded toward the toast.

Veronica folded her arm on the table and plopped her head down. "Fine," she muttered.

Lucy frowned at her. "Are you feeling okay, honey?"

"Just dandy," Veronica responded, head still hidden in her arms.

"You're not running a fever, are you?" Lucy gently pulled Veronica's head up and felt her forehead. "Maybe you should go home. Your mom has been calling twice a day, every day wondering if you will come home for the fireworks tomorrow."

"I was planning on going with you guys." Once Lucy released her head, Veronica replaced it back on her arms.

"At least call her, dear. She misses you." Lucy said with concern. 

Lucy wished Max would let her do something about this situation. She felt as if her world were slowly falling apart with Veronica. She couldn't imagine how a mother could pick a man over her child. Sam wasn't exactly thrilled with Max, but he never ran away like this. But then again, Max was kind and tried his best to get Sam to like him.

"Mom?" Sam asked, bringing Lucy out of her thoughts.

"Yes dear?"

"Can you get some chocolate cereal? These Wheaties suck."

"Watch your language, please."

"The Wheaties taste like poop."

Lucy sighed again. As much as she loved her boys, she still have times where she wished she would have left her children behind and come to Santa Carla on her own. She laughed inwardly, her old wild-child self still appeared from time-to-time. She ruffled his hair and headed upstairs to change, thinking of all the mischief her and Max could have gotten into if they were both childless and young.

                                   ()()()()

"Will David be there tomorrow night?" Veronica asked Sam. They were up in his tree house, looking through comics and watching the sun set. Occasionally a stray firework could be seen on the horizon, in preparation for tomorrow's big show.

"Why? Are you going to ask him to kill Kirby for you?"

"I don't know. I'm just wondering if I'll get to see David."

Sam rolled his eyes. "Probably. The boys tend to enjoy the fourth since they get to explode things. Hey, don't go acting all funny now that you know about them. Remember, they still don't know that you know."

"I won't." She hid her smile behind her comic. 

Little did Sam know that while he was thinking she was depressed all day, she was actually daydreaming about her hunky vampire boyfriend. It was easier thinking about David than about her mom. Every time she thought about her, she wanted to cry. But with David, all she could think about was...him.

"What's so funny? Sam caught her smile and peered at the comic in front of her. Nothing exceptionally funny popped out to him.

"Nothing. Mind your own beeswax."

"Do bees have ears?"

Veronica looked at him like he was stupid. "Of course they do. Every living thing has ears. Moron."

"Jellyfish don't have ears. Moron."

"Jellyfish are sea creatures."

It was Sam's turn to look at her like she was the stupid one. "Jellyfish are living things."

Veronica was on the edge of starting a petty argument when the glorious sound of motorcycles sounded from below. To be exact, four glorious motorcycles could be heard. Her eyes grew big.

"What are they doing here?" She asked as she peeked out of the tree house window.

"Aw crap," Sam said and began to climb down the ladder to the ground. "They usually spend the night on the eve of the Fourth of July. I didn't think the would do that this year since you were here."

"Why do they spend the night?" Veronica climbed down after him.

"Because it's free food and they're fat asses."

"Vampires eat human food?"

"Shh! Not so loud! Again, no one knows that you know!" He changed his tone to a whisper. "Yes, they can. You've seen Michael and Star eat. Just because they survive off blood doesn't mean food still doesn't taste good."

"Oh cool!"

The two headed into the kitchen through the backdoor just in time for the four boys to walk in through the front.

"David?" Lucy's surprised voice rang through the kitchen.

"Yeah?" He responded with an irritated tone, annoyed that it wasn't obvious why they were here.

Max walked down the stairs dressed for work. "Do you really think this is a good idea? I didn't think we were doing the traditional party this year." He quickly looked at Veronica before returning his stare back at David.

David ignored him and walked into the kitchen. Laddie and the others stayed in the living room, close to the door, without saying a word. It was clear they were used to following their leader, but were also respectful, and slightly scared, of Max.

David didn't look at Sam or Veronica as he opened the refrigerator. After inspecting the insides, he looked at Lucy with a slight hint of surprise on his face.

"Where's all the meat?"

Lucy furrowed her brows together in confusion. "I didn't buy too much because I wasn't sure if you guys were coming over. There should be some packs of lunchmeat and hotdogs in there, though."

David pulled out two empty containers and handed them to her. "Nope. What's with all the empty packages?"

"I...I don't know." Lucy came up and took David's place inspecting the fridge. She began shorting through and pulling out more empty containers.

David walked over to the phone and looked at his boys. "Pizza?" He asked.

"Depends," Paul responded, "Is Max buying?" He smiled at Max, trying to break the awkward tension.

Max glared at David and David glared back. This continued for some time until Max gave up with a sigh. "I have a feeling I have no choice in the matter." Instantly, the tension disappeared.

"I want black olives." Dwayne said as he flopped down in a chair. The others followed and made themselves comfortable.

"Little Lad, what do you want?" Dwayne asked.

"Pepperoni!" Laddie smiled as he ran up to Dwayne and sat on his lap.

David finally acknowledged Sam and Veronica when he turned to them and raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

"I'm not hungry." Sam snarled at him. David just stared at him with an emotionless look.

"I'll have whatever you're having," Veronica quietly answered. David was still staring at Sam.

"What!" Sam snapped.

"So you're the fatty that ate all the food." David squinted his eyes at his soon-to-be little brother, then quickly dialed for the pizza. 

☢ ♥‿♥ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒇𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓰𝒆𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝒆 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝒇𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒆𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭 𝓲𝓽 ♥‿♥ ☢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 48.3K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
133K 1.9K 41
One part or two-part stories for my favourite new-gen Naval Aviator, Rooster I DO NOT GIVE CONCENT TO HAVING MY WORK PUBLISHED IN ANY OTHER ONLINE/PA...
1M 34K 80
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖! 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎...𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚐ä𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑...
1.4M 32.3K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.