๐•ฎ๐–—๐–†๐–Ÿ๐–ž ๐•ฟ๐–”๐–Œ๐–Š๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–—...

By Hobo_Arts

(๐‘ป๐’‚๐’Œ๐’†๐’” ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’† ๐’๐’ ๐‘บ4) ๐–๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง, ๐‰๐จ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง & ๐‰๐จ๐ฒ๐œ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๏ฟฝ... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
- Cafรจ -
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX - FINALE (fr this time)

IX

3K 75 310
By Hobo_Arts

Monday, 12th May 1986,
The Byers' House,
7.45am,

WILL'S POV:

I woke up to El opening my curtains, letting the light from the morning sun seep through.

"El? What're you doing?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"We have school, remember? It is Monday." She smiled, "I'm so excited to see Max again!"

God. I forgot we have to go that hellhole.

"Right, what time is it?" I asked.

"It is 7.30." She responded before skipping out of my room.

I quickly scrambled to feet, made my bed and ran to the bathroom. Why didn't anyone wake me earlier? Ugh, who am I kidding. Why didn't I get up earlier??

8.15am

It was 8.15 when I finished. I wore a wore a plain cream coloured shirt, a dark brown hoodie, worn out jeans and the canvas' Max let me borrow. I guessed El was going to invite her over again so I planned on returning them later. I grabbed my bag and went to the kitchen. Putting my bag down next to me, I turned to Jonathan and asked, "What's for breakfast?"

Mom had work early in the morning so she couldn't make us anything so Jonathan always handled breakfast and sometimes dinner.

"Pancakes, topped with strawberries." He smiled. He seemed really happy. Guess he was just excited to see Nancy again, good for him, "Of course, eggos and strawberries for El."

"Thank you!" El smiled cheerfully as Jonathan handed her her plate. She was wearing a simple outfit. A plain white shirt, slightly unsaturated dungarees and canvas' as well. I guess she also borrowed some from Max. For some reason, she didn't like pancakes. I guess she thinks it's like a knockoff version of waffles?

"Here you go, bud." Jonathan said handing me my plate. I just smiled at him, too tired to talk right now.

"Everything okay, bud?" Jonathan asked.

I just nodded.

"Whatever you say." Jonathan smiled, ruffling my hair, "Think you might need a haircut. You're starting to look like me." He laughed.

"Done!" El smiled, wiping her lips.

Well, that was fast. I finished my breakfast and grabbed my bag. We had started heading out then I saw my bike. I haven't rode my bikes in months if not a year. It had cobwebs on it.

I guess Jonathan must've seen me staring at it.

"You gonna bike?" He asked.

"Nah. I'm tired, plus I think it's too small for me now." I said, opening the door to the car.

"Will!" I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Dustin and Lucas.

"Oh, hey guys! What're you doing here?" I asked.

"Just came to ask if you wanted to bike to school like we used to!" Dustin said, getting off his bike and giving me a hug.

"Sorry, I don't if I can. My bikes too small for me now and it has cobwebs which would take forever to remove and I'm honestly just really tired right now. Sorry." I muttered looking down.

I'm glad I turned down the offer because not too long after, I saw Mike coming up behind them with his bike.

"Awe, maybe next time!" Dustin said sadly.

I waved goodbye to them and got into car. Mike looked..sad? Well, I was sad too when he wasn't talking to me in California but he didn't care. So, why should I?

Hawkins High School,
8.10am,

MIKE'S POV:

I ended up biking to school with Dustin and Lucas. I was going to ask Nancy to drop me off but I figured maybe it could be like old times, but I guess not.

When we got to school, Max, El and Will, I guess, were waiting for us.

"Hi Mike!" El smiled, hugging me. I hugged her back and asked if she knew which classes she had and where they were.

"Yup! I always with one if you guys' classes." She said.

"Does Will know what classes he has?" I asked El. I figured he wouldn't answer me if I asked him myself.

"Yep! Oh and, luckily, he's in all of your classes!" El smiled, "So neither of you will be lonely, right?"

Oh, this is just fantastic.

"Uhm, yeah, that's great."

"Well my first class is with Max. We have gym!" She said so happily like it was a good thing. Gym sucks. The only good thing was when you had it with friends, which luckily I did.

Max and El linked arms and practically skipped to their class. Who the hell is that happy going to gym?

"Well, we all have Chemistry together." Lucas smiled.

"Ew." Dustin said, scrunching up his face.

"Not like that, dumbass-" Lucas was going before I cut him off.

"Shouldn't you be with your basketball friends, Lucas?" I said, folding my arms.

"Oh, I just thought we could be back to way we were since Will is back." Lucas sighed, "Sorry."

"Don't apologise, Lucas." Will said, putting his hand on Lucas' shoulder, "Let's go."

I simply sighed and walked beside Dustin and Lucas and Will walked ahead us. Lucas was showing Will some classrooms he would be in as we made our way to class.

WILL'S POV:

When we got there, the teacher wasn't there yet so we just sat down.

"This is where we sit. We already got to choose this time." Lucas laughed pointing to a few desks at the very back of the classroom.

"There's a spare seat next to Lucas." said Dustin, pulling his chair out and sitting down. "You'll probably have to wait for the teacher to introduce though."

Just as he said that, the teacher walked in.

"Settle down, everyone." She said (eventhough no one was talking anymore). "We have a new student joining us today."

She gestured for me to come to the front of the class. Fuck. I don't want to stand in front everyone, but I had no choice.

"Everyone, this is Will Byers." She said patting my back which made me incredibly uncomfortable, "Introduce yourself, honey."

Why is everyone looking at me? I mean, I know I'm at the front of the classroom but it felt like they were staring excessively. I swear I heard a few laughter around the room. They're probably making fun of me. Mocking me. Everyone always finds something to make fun of me for.

"Hello?" The teacher said, swiping her palm up and down in front of my face.

"Huh?" I snapped back to reality. I was standing there, sweating.

"I said introduced yourself, dear." She said, her voice slightly annoyed.

But you just said did it yourself.

"My name is Will Byers." I said, forcing a smile on my face.

"Do you have somewhere you'd like to sit?" She asked, rubbing my back again.

"Yes. Yes I do." I said moving away from her slightly.

I walked to the back and sat down next to Lucas.

"Do you like her?" Dustin asked, his face absolutely disgusted.

"No. She kept touching and rubbing my back. It's that normal?" I whisper-yelled.

"Yeah, she's always overly touchy with male students. It happened to all of us. Her name is Mrs. Bradley, but she wants everyone to call her madam or ma'am." Lucas sighed.

"It's fucking scary! She gives me the creeps!" Dustin said, a little too loudly.

"Got something you wanna share, boys?" She asked staring at us.

"No, ma'am." Lucas said, sweating.

When she looked away, he jabbed Dustin in the arm with his elbow.

"Dude, trying to give Will detention on his first day!?" Lucas whisper-yelled.

"Sorry, sorry!" Dustin said.

The rest of class was fun. We basically just talked the whole way through and when we couldn't, we passed notes. It was fun. Like the old days when we could talk and laugh with no issues. I guess it gets harder to laugh and have fun everyday without fail when you get older. Mike was the only one who didn't engage in any of our chats. He was staring into space and actually doing the work. I'm the only one who actually did work in our classes together then they just copy off me at lunch or after school. Maybe he was lost in thought or something? Just then the sun hit his face perfectly. It lighten his beautiful eyes and his midnight black hair. I could feel my face getting hot. Suddenly he turned in my direction. Of course I turned away as fast I could.

I just stared down at my desk for what felt like hours until Lucas turned asked me a question.

"Dude, you okay? Your ears are super red." He asked tapping my shoulder.

I muttered a barely audible, "Mhm", and lightly brushed his hand off my shoulder. I covered my ears with my hands and continued looking down.

How embarassing.

[AUTHOR NOTE]

[This next bit is the same scene just from Mike's pov, so feel free to skip if you want to <3]

MIKE'S POV:

Our first lesson was unbearable. It was endless chatter from Lucas, Dustin and Will. Of course I wanted to join in on it, but it would be awkward for Will and he'd stop talking. I wanted to him to have fun, especially since all I've caused him is trouble since he got here.

At some point, their laughter died down a bit. The sun was shining right on me so I turned to block it out but then I saw Will looking at me. I mean, I'm not completely sure he was looking at me but as soon as I saw him, he looked away so I guess he was.

His ears were red.

I saw him peek up at me one more time then look back down. Even two seats away from him, I could see his cheeks were painted with a light pink tint.

Something about that was oddly cute.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 669 15
{ ๐š ๐’๐ญ๐ž๐๐๐ข๐ž ๐Ÿ๐š๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ๐ฌ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ซ๐ž-๐จ๐œ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ...
33K 733 31
Max can't stand not seeing El so she makes a party group chat with her friends. She may or may not regret this. I hated my other GC story so this is...
22.6K 464 19
Byler. That's all ๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿป
6.4K 152 6
๐˜Œ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ-๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ, ๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜Ž๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต...