Allison

Door SassyAngel

Meer

Allison
Castletown

Monsters

9 0 0
Door SassyAngel

This snot-covered, eight-eyed and dumpster-smelling monstrosity is bigger than the tallest house in anyone’s neighborhood, its only barely fitting inside this chamber. Besides it’s HUGE bug eyes, it is faceless... it’s mouth seems to be it’s belly button. The only part of his body that isn’t covered with slime is it’s four arms and hands, and it’s two leg-less feet. Trying my best not to look at it, I look around the room and see at least fifty soldiers lying unconscious around the room and a worried character sitting in the royal chair. 

“Excuse my intrusion, but perhaps you are the prince?” I ask. YOU MEET THE PRINCE AND THAT’S THE BEST THING YOU CAN THINK OF SAYING? The thing looks at me and I glance away from it in disgust.

“Yes... What are you doing in here? Run already!” The sandy haired guy with purple eyes says worriedly.

“Catch.” I threw the box the mayor had given me to the prince. SMOOTH. The boy caught it with ease.

“What’s this? And by the way, nice throw.” He smiles awkwardly.

“Delivery. Thanks.” I take a deep breath and look at the monster. Feeling my stomach turn, I spoke. “I must ask you to leave the premisses at once with your subordinates.”

“No.” The thing’s voice is worse than it’s appearance. Why does such a thing exist in the first place? NO CLUE. I smile. “What’s so funny human?” It asks.

“The fact that you don’t know I wasn’t really asking... I was politely ordering... Now leave ugly.”   I THINK YOU JUST MADE IT MAD...  “I said that aloud didn’t I?”

“Yes.” The pale princely character tries to hide a smile. 

“Alright, since I already said that I might as well speak what is on everyones mind... You are gross, stinky AND we don’t want you over here so scram before I make you.” The things face goes from dirt brown to dirt red. I guess even monsters... Yep.  “Well, are you going to leave of what?”

“Human, you’re making your own grave.” It said.

“Awm is someone mad?” I mock trying to buy me some time. “Poor freaky you.” I look at it, I have not seen its back yet... Lets see.

“THAT’S IT YOU ARE DEAD.”

“Au contrair.” I start to circle around it, yet it kept its back away from me and when we its back was supposed to face the prince, it scooted towards the wall then turned. Theres something in its back. I draw my sword then start running to it. Getting close I pretend to attack but instead slide through its feet, or whatever those were. Then I saw it, it had no slime on its back, rendering it defenseless. However it was only on one spot. Quickly I climb its back and stab my sword on it, it gave me a cry of pain. Later I jump in front of it and stare at its freakishly looking watery eyes. NICE ONE, BUT CAN YOU KEEP IT UP? “Course I can.” 

“What?” The prince asks wide-eyed.

“Look what you did, you made me talk aloud.” I mutter sighing. I hear laughing inside my head. “Quit laughing jerk.” I cover my mouth as soon as I said that, looking at the prince I say. “Its nothing of your concern.” 

“Are you ill or something?” The prince asks.

“No sir...” HE LIKES YOU <3 “Actually... Maybe...” HEY! “Shut it.” I mutter.

“HUMAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? PICKING A FIGHT WITH ME, AND THEN IGNORING MY BEING!” I hear a booming voice.

“Oh, right sorry.” I draw my sword and face him. “That was quite rude of me. Forgive me.” I point my sword at him. “Now will you leave?”

“Of course not moron.” Moron? OOOOOOOOH HE CALLED YOU A MORON! 

“Please be quiet! You’re comments on the happenings of this fight is not at all necessary. I know very well what is happening without you speaking.” I accidentally yell. “Sorry!” I say at the sight of the princes confused face. NICE ONE SMARTY PANTS... MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN TO IGNORE? “I can’t ignore you when your talking in my head! Besides ignoring is such a childish thing.” I say aloud yet again. 

“Are you alright strange girl?” The prince smiles.

“I am fine, I just have a rather irritating voice inside my head that does not belong to me.” I thought about what I just said. “That sounds so silly.”

 Quickly I raise my sword to block the attack the thing was trying to give me. Its strength is too powerful and knocks me against the wall. “Great attack, but not great enough. You’re just another weakling like those reptile monsters that are at your disposal. Weak and brainless.” I smile getting up. “IS THAT ALL YOU’VE GOT?” 

“She is crazy.” BURN! THAT MUST HURT. YOUR BELOVED CALLED YOU CRAZY.

“No wonder he called me crazy, why else would I be hearing such an annoying voice in my head?”  DON’T FORGET I HELPED YOU GET HERE.  “Yeah I know, I thank you for that but you are still annoying.” I start running to the monster and instead of sliding, I jump on top of him and stab one of its eyes. Then I stab three more and slide down its back to stab that unprotected part of it. The thing quickly turns hitting me against the wall again. I get up and wipe the blood leaking out of my mouth with my sleeve. “Congratulations, you got me to bleed, but barely... How weak.” I smile. Thrill goes down my spine. I grin. “This is fun.”

“She calls that fun?” THIS IS FUN???

“Of course it’s fun. The strategies, the skills required, the strength, and the talent! It’s like a sport... yet the penalty for loosing is death.” I smile wildly.

“You don’t care if you die?” Asks the prince with wide eyes.

“Why should I?” I mutter. I start slicing the monster, the slime decreases the damage of my attacks, however it still receives some damage... I run up the things arms and eventually reach its shoulders, then I jump on its head and start stabbing its eyes again. After rendering it blind and striking its back multiple times, the thing falls in defeat.

“What is your name great warrior.” The character sitting in the royal chair asks.

“Nothing great about me... I just happen to be at the right place at the right time.” I bend down near the monsters ears and whisper to him, “My name is Blackwell, Allison L. Blackwell. My real name is unimportant. However, I shall forever be addressed as Allison.” I stand up as it starts to dissolve back into its world like the other lizards I defeated did, and start walking towards the exit.

“What did you tell it?” It was more of a command than a question.

“To never mess with a messenger.” I lie.

“Al, whenever you defeat an enemy always give that enemy your name. And whenever you are defeated, always ask for your enemy’s name.” My father smiled to me and told me on our ride to home.

“Why? Why is it important for us to know each others names?” I asked.

“Because, if you were defeated, wouldn’t you want to know the name of the victor? And maybe some day when you reach his or her rank in power challenge them yet again for a rematch to see if you’ve improved?” His wise self shined against the setting sun.

“What if I change names?” I asked not really thinking I would ever do that.

“Then you give your enemies your new name. But don’t you like your name Al?” He looked at me curiously.

“Of course I do! You and mama gave it to me! Why wouldn’t I love it! I was just wondering in case an enemy gave me his or her nickname instead of their real name...” I smiled at my loving father.

“Where are you going?” The prince asks. YOU SHOULD REALLY NOT DO THAT... STAY AND TALK TO THE FELLA WOULD YA?

“I need to make sure every single one of those lizards is defeated and sent back to their worlds.” I smile. “Then I’m going home...” YOU ARE TOO INJURED! “Injured? I don’t feel a thing.” LIAR, I CAN TELL YOU’RE IN PAIN. “Well whatever I can just deal with it. It’s what I get, the damage is done so I don’t really have to do anything about it... It will heal up eventually.” 

“The guards can take care of those, in fact most of them were already sent back.” The prince says. “So stay and lets heal your wounds.”

“No thank you.” I’M REALLY SORRY BUT YOU FORCED ME TO DO THIS. “Do what?” Suddenly my vision darkens. “What are you doing?” NAP TIME. “What are you...” I suddenly fall asleep.

Ga verder met lezen