Anomalies Of A Holy Grail War

By GachaEnthusiast

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, a student enrolled in ANHS, accidentally joins a Holy Grail War and is presented an oppo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Part 1 "Incident"
Chapter 1 - Part 2 "Servant"
Chapter 1 - Part 3 "Magi"
Chapter 1 - Part 4 "Catalyst"
Chapter 1 - Part 5 "Ability"
Chapter 1 - Part 6 "Warning"
Chapter 2 - Part 1 "Responsibility"
Chapter 2 - Part 2 "Student"
Chapter 2 - Part 3 "Eyes That See The Truth"
Chapter 2 - Part 4 "Like True Magic"
Chapter 2 - Part 5 "The Veteran and That Night"
Chapter 2 - Part 6 "Mystic Eyes"
Chapter 2 - Part 7 "Test"
Chapter 2 - Part 8 "A Fine Memory"
Chapter 2 - Part 9 "Invisible Things"
Chapter 2 - Part 10 "Strength"
COVER POLL
Chapter 3 - Part 1 "Plan"
Chapter 3 - Part 2 "First Candidate"
Chapter 3 - Part 3 "Concealed"
Chapter 3 - Part 4 "Lackeys"
Side Story : "Routine"
Chapter 3 - Part 6 "Last Servant"

Chapter 3 - Part 5 "Final Master"

979 63 15
By GachaEnthusiast

Ayanokouji POV

I listlessly ate lunch during the break. Three days ago, I set up a bounded field in this cafeteria, but now it had been completely destroyed, along with the ones in my classroom and the ones in Class 1-A and Class 2-B.

That should narrow down the groupings that contained mages considerably. I set up a camera to monitor the situation in the cafeteria, however, it had vanished alongside the field.

"Kiyotaka, you listening?" Akito brought me back to the conversation of the group.

"I am."

It was concerning the upcoming special exam, the one I had resolved everything with. They thought of a plan in which we would give praise votes among ourselves. With Memory Partition, I created a line of thought in parallel to continue to participate in their discussion and simultaneously recount another situation.

I asked Kei to give me a list of names of classmates who were in the lap of luxury. I even asked her to get that information from Kushida. This is because mages that come from powerful lineages should have wealth amassed by their research on magecraft and spells. Strange as it is, patents could be made for magical formulas and spells.

Of those that I confronted, two were mages, Matsushita and Koenji.

I ambushed the former on her way to Keyaki mall alone. I threw to her a stone that was inscribed with a rune that would make it explode. She flung the rock far away the instant she caught it and had a glimpse. To note, I hadn't transferred any magical energy unto it.

The trap I set was successful in the confirmation of her status as a mage. Although she was completely shocked at first that I was a sorcerer, my proposition was completely rejected. She had an acceptable reason for not participating. She came to the conclusion that the risk of her life being lost is not worth the wish to be granted.

Meanwhile persuading Koenji was for naught, even if that outcome was to be expected. He rebuffed 'Why would a perfect existence seek a wish from that cup? Doing so would confirm that that being was never perfect to begin with.'.

With those two escapades ending in failure, I turned my attention to the person in Class A. She was currently present in the cafeteria, accompanied by the girl that would follow her around. They were seated on the opposite side of the room.

As the break went by, I made my way to the special building. After several minutes, I could hear the clacking of an object making contact with the floor in succession.

"It's quite a surprise for you to make contact with me in this manner, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Sakayanagi, do you know what this is?"

I lifted the concealment spell on my hand and revealed the three markings. Her eyes widened in surprise.

I was positive she knows about Mystics. After all, her father does. Mages commonly pass down their magecraft and Magic Crest to their offspring, and this would cause them to surpass their predecessor. Not to mention, Magic Circuits also often tend to increase either in either quantity or quality as lineages become older.

"That's... I see. The Tokyo Holy Grail War is currently ongoing. But... I'm surprised that this news had reached your ears. Even I had no idea it had begun. It came a lot sooner than expected."

"Was the family crest passed down to you?"

I asked without hesitation. The smile on her face disappeared rather quickly.

A Magic Crest is an accumulation of Magic Circuits from its previous possessors that is passed down to the next. Longer bloodlines tend to have more circuits, thus making them more powerful. That is why who inherits it is ascribed with great importance.

Given her physical condition, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that her family would look for another successor. It could be passed down to other people who aren't related by blood, but if they're not compatible, it will quickly result in death.

"... Unfortunately, my mother has retained it. That was the decision all my family members took. Ayanokuji-kun, did you perhaps run into a bit of trouble?" As she switched subjects, the heavy expression was masked with a smile.

"I did. However, you should reach the same conclusion I had when you answered."

"I'm not suited to participate in a ritual full of blood and thunder anyway. Don't worry about it."

"Is that so?"

Apparently, what irked her was the mention of the crest and not being able to partake in the ritual.

"And to clear your mind, there are no other mages among my classmates and I'll try to avoid competing with you until the Holy Grail War is over."

"Aren't you concerned that you may not be able to compete with me later on?"

"Fufufu. As if you would die. Though if you intend to leave the school after, at least have a clash with me once."

"I'll try."

"I assume that you have other options available for a Master?"

I nodded my head in reply. Afterwhich, she walked away. I decided not to bother her again with the Holy Grail War because even if she was able to provide a large supply of magical energy to her Servant, her capabilities as a Master would be limited.

...

...

...

My search for candidates had come to a close. It was currently eight'o clock in the evening. In the school gym, Euthemia, Himeno, Harold, and I convened.

Himeno found this meeting strange, which was understandable. After all, there was an additional person present here and on the hard wooden floors was a magic circle.

"Himeno, it's about time, I'd like to tell you about what the Holy Grail War is. I'm sure you've heard me talk about it before. Firstly... you know what familiars are, correct?"

She was dazed at first. She did not have any preconceived notions about this meeting nor did she know it would happen in the first place.

"... Yeah, why?" She replied after a few seconds of delay.

"There are familiars that are especially powerful. These are called Servants. For example..."

Hearing their cue... The three Heroic Spirits materialized around us.

"Wait... She's your familiar?!" She asked, not hiding her surprise.

"Well, it's not as simple as that. Anyway, these Servants are heroes that come from a different era or people that have accomplished great deeds. They originate from famous stories, legends, and myths. We could also call them Heroic Spirits."

"Heroes from a different era?"

"Yes. To give you an example, someone like the Greek hero Achilles qualifies as one."

Her eyes then darted around at the three spirits that were currently in the gym.

"Then... Who are they?"

"I'll explain to you the mechanics of the ritual first. Seven people with Magic Circuits are chosen to take part. They are called 'Masters'. Each one would summon their own Servant and they would attempt to kill one another."

She was frozen in place. She clutched her fist and I could see her swallow reflex being activated.

"For the only Servant that would remain standing, along with their Master, the Holy Grail will appear before them. They will be able to wish for anything, and it will come true"

"A wish... like one from a genie or something?"

"Yes. We'd like for you to take part in this ritual."

She was taken aback once again.

"... If you want me to take part, then it's possible you'll kill me, right?"

"That's why we'll form a magical contract of our own. The three Masters here won't be able to kill you, but the other three might attempt it. It'll be included in our contract to protect you from them. If the Heroic Spirits here are the ones to remain, then only they can be the target of an attack."

"... So, it's an alliance? Why would you want to ally yourselves with me?"

"It's because we lack manpower."

... For absolute victory, that is.

"So, Himeno, are you willing to take part in this ritual?"

"... I am."

A/N: It's a bit late, but here is the latest part. I had a lot of other stuff to do for the past few days, and it resulted in my sleep schedule being completely messed up. I slept for about 14 minutes hours before making this. Anyway, just here to rant about it. Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 60 4
A Classroom of the Elite story which follows Kiyotaka Ayanokouji as he navigates through his not peaceful life, along side his love(?) Arisu Sakayana...
29.8K 1.7K 11
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka finally achieved what he's wanted since the beginning of his life: Freedom. However, freedom comes with it's own set of challeng...
896K 36K 97
" You are being admitted to Class-D, the worst Class of your year. " " If you successfully reach Class-A, you will get freedom for your lifetime " "...
42.3K 2.1K 22
[Ayanokouji in Class C] Ayanokouji Kiyotaka has lived his life controlled by his father, in an environment that broke many lives through sheer violen...