Who You Are: Camilo's Story (...

Bởi bluecherryblossom

Cover by Lintushadow.art A family of four from Bogotá is visiting the Madrigals in the Encanto, now that it... Xem Thêm

The Encounter
An Internal Struggle
Finding Yourself
His Name
The Welcome Party
Behind Closed Doors
Sisters
The Date (Part 1)
The Date (Part 2)
Amalia and the Anole
The Right Time
A Surprise Visit
Decisions
Guardian Angel
Influence
Things are Complicated
There is Magic Here
Mirabel's Warning
Time For Dinner
Hanna's Break Down
Bruno's Vision
Come Back Stronger
The Wind-up Doll
A Storm Brewing
Grief and Trauma
Turn the Tables
A Special Gift
Fiesta y Despedidas
A New Life

Camilo's Confession

389 17 2
Bởi bluecherryblossom

With his hand tightly in hers, Camilo led Hanna down the trail which led to the village, only to stop part of the way to take a left turn. Now they were practically running down a grassy hill. When they got to the bottom, they came to a halt, both gasping for breath. Camilo finally looked up to see the forest of wax palms. He checked on Hanna at his side, who was staring up at the tall trees in wonder. When she looked over at him, questioningly, he smiled at her and said, "Vamo."

They stepped through the opening in the trees until they were standing in Isabela's garden oasis.

Hanna gasped at the sight in front of her. The garden was overflowing with plants of all shapes, sizes, and colors. There was a rainbow of columbines, orchids, honeycomb flowers, cacti, jacaranda trees, and marmalade bushes. There was a pond with giant lilies gently floating in the water. Though it was dark, a few of the plants seemed to give off a soft, purple luminosity, so Camilo and Hanna could see where they were going. Fireflies sparkled here and there among the flowers and trees, also helping to light up the path.

"Wow," Hanna whispered, completely entranced. "It's...so beautiful." She looked over at Camilo who was smiling at her.

"Yeah," he said. The two of them slowly walked hand in hand along the path, looking around.

"Isabela sure is amazing!" Hanna said, breathlessly as she looked down at the light reflecting on the skin of her arm. "How did she do this?"

"Don't know. It's just magic, I suppose," Camilo replied while shrugging.

When they approached the pond, Camilo took the quilt he was carrying and spread it down on the grass. He then gestured for Hanna to sit first before he sat himself down, next to her. They sat together in complete silence with their arms wrapped around their knees, gazing into the other's eyes. Camilo was captivated by Hanna's face as it glowed softly in the light. 'Wow,' he thought to himself. He then gestured with his hand for her to come closer, causing her to blush, slightly. When she did move, he pulled her in beside him with one arm around her shoulders. Her head now rested on his shoulder and his cheek on her head. With his other hand, Camilo took hers and laced their fingers together. Hanna relaxed into his shoulder and closed her eyes. The two of them cuddled together for several long minutes, enjoying each other's closeness, and allowing the waves of addictive bliss to wash over them. Camilo could feel the tiny movement of Hanna's shoulders and chest as each deep breath she took became synchronized with his own. He would've given anything to be in this moment with her forever. When he eventually opened his eyes, he decided that it was finally time to talk.

"Hanna," he said in a low voice.

"Hm?" Hanna said, opening her own eyes.

Camilo loosened his hold on her to have her look at him directly. When they were face to face, he said, "Earlier you said... that you feel like I'm always helping you... and that you do nothing for me."

Hanna frowned a little, but she nodded.

"I don't believe that's true," Camilo said.

Hanna looked at him in surprise. "You don't?" she asked, quietly.

After a pause, Camilo asked, "You remember when we were in my room?"

"Yes," Hanna said, simply.

Camilo looked down at his lap. "When you asked me to show you who Camilo is, I was...completely surprised by that. In all honesty, no one has...ever said that to me before," he said.

He paused again for a moment and glanced up to see Hanna was listening with rapt attention. "And then... I told you that I wasn't confident in doing so," he continued. "I didn't know how. Because all I've ever known was being the funny kid who could shapeshift into anyone and everyone for laughs. Or... shapeshifting because I wasn't tall enough on my own...or for any other reason. There were also times when I wondered if my Gift really was even... helpful. It was only after losing our miracle once that I... truly began to understand... the downside to my Gift. That being other people all the time... was making me feel...lost in my own skin."

Camilo looked down at his upturned hands. He then looked back up at Hanna's face and saw sadness and worry in her eyes. He took her hands in his, softly caressing them with his thumbs. "But then you said... that must've been hard for me to think about all of that," he said. "Once again, I was caught off guard. Instead of trying to say I'm being ridiculous or try to cheer me up, you sympathized with me. And when you told me about your own struggle... of knowing yourself, it... kind of opened my eyes and made me think...if I was never given my Gift in the first place, I would probably still...find a reason to feel this way."

Hanna continued to stare at him. "Is...that a good thing?" she asked, slowly.

"Well...I think it is," Camilo answered. "Because it showed me that what I am going through is...more normal than I expected... if that makes sense."

Hanna paused for a moment, pondering his words. "I mean...I didn't think you were being ridiculous," she said, quietly.

"You see?" Camilo asked with a smile. "That's what I was talking about! We're practically from different worlds, but we ourselves are not so different! And then... you said we can 'discover ourselves together.' It...made me so happy." He ruffled the back of his head before he continued. "To me... it was like you were saying that I don't have to walk this difficult path...entirely alone. Even though we had just met...and our situations were not entirely the same, you offered to walk it alongside me!"

As Camilo said this, he watched as Hanna began to smile at him.

He added, "That's how you've helped me. By being just as kind and... understanding. You may think my Gift is cool and all...but when I'm with you, I feel...okay with being me...even if I don't really know who 'me' is yet. And...when I'm with you, I don't...feel the need or desire to be anyone else...but myself. And I don't think you realize how...meaningful that really is..."

When Camilo had finished, he looked up at Hanna to see her reaction. Her eyes were brimming with emotion, and she was blushing heavily.

"I...don't know what to say," she said, silently. "Did you really mean all that?"

"Every word," Camilo said, softly.

Hanna was stunned. She began to feel a sting in her eyes, but she closed them right away. With her head bowed down, she suppressed the tears that threatened to come. 'No! Not now,' she thought to herself.

"Hanna, look at me," Camilo said. When Hanna opened her eyes and did as she was told, he asked, "Can I be honest with you?"

Hanna nodded as she gazed into his hazel-green eyes and waited.

"I... told you that I care about you...so much. And that I... want to be there for you whenever you need me," Camilo said as he gently squeezed her hands.

He paused before he continued, for he was struggling to get the words out. His tongue almost felt like lead, but he knew he had to persevere, all the same. "The simple truth is...I really...really like you...a lot," he said, almost hoarsely.

Hanna gasped, quietly.

Camilo then cleared his throat a little and said, "This might be happening so fast, but...from the day that I met you, I thought... you were beautiful."

He watched as Hanna stared at him and said, "Then I saw the way you interacted with my favorite person in the world. And I think... that was when it all truly began."

Hanna's expression then turned into a curious one. "Oh! Antonio!" she said with a smile.

"Yes. Antonio," Camilo said, smiling back at her.

Hanna gave him another questioning look. "What do you mean by 'it truly began?' What did?" she asked.

Camilo looked down at her hands as he cradled them and swallowed hard. "When I began to...have a crush on you," he said, quietly.

Hanna gaped at him. "What?" she asked in a whisper.

There was a pause before Camilo answered.

"I...had a crush on you. I still do," he said. His cheeks felt like they were burning. "I... had never felt that way before. And since it was kind of my first time experiencing it, I found it... truly overwhelming. And then after that night in my room, those feelings... intensified, significantly."

He looked to see Hanna's eyes were practically shining as she stared at him.

"You... like me... in that way? Me?" she whispered.

"Si," Camilo said, nervously.

"I...can't believe it..." Hanna said in quiet exultation. "Camilo...I feel the same!"

Camilo's heart skipped several beats. "Really?" he asked.

"Yes!" Hanna said, breathlessly. "I mean...from the moment I saw you, I...I thought you were cute," she said.

Now it was Camilo's turn to blush deeply.

Hanna continued. "That night, in your room, I was so happy that I could be so open with you... without the fear of being judged or pitied!" she said. "And when you told me that I'm allowed to feel however I want when I'm with you...I was...well... it made me think that my feelings...mattered... That I mattered."

Camilo reached out a hand to gently brush it against the side of her face. "You do matter!" he said without hesitation.

Hanna smiled at him and leaned her cheek into his big, gentle hand. "Thank you," she whispered, simply.

After a moment, Camilo lowered his hand from her cheek and took her hands again. He could feel his stomach tightening as he thought about what he was going to do next.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked, slowly.

"Yes," Hanna replied.

Camilo swallowed hard once more and asked, "You weren't...uncomfortable when I...kissed your forehead that one time, were you?"

Hanna blinked at him once before she answered. "No! Not at all! I thought it was sweet of you!" She exclaimed. "Though... I must admit...I think it felt a little like my head was... spinning... Probably because of... my feelings for you," she added in a mumble.

Camilo hesitated. "Well...I was wondering if...," he began to say, but was too embarrassed to finish. "And if not, I would completely understand!" he added in a rush. He could feel the inside of his mouth going dry with every word he spoke. "I was wondering if...if I could...kiss you again," he finally said.

Silence.

Hanna stared at him. "Where?" she asked, simply.

Camilo hesitated again but then slowly raised a single finger up to her lips in reply. He waited for Hanna to give him her answer. When she said nothing, he began to feel a twinge of disappointment. 'I guess she's not ready. Or maybe she...' he thought to himself.

But then, Hanna nodded her head.

Camilo's eyes widened. He felt his pulse quicken, immediately. "Really?" he asked.

"Yes," whispered Hanna.

"Would this be...your first?" Camilo asked, slowly.

Hanna bit her bottom lip. "Well...yes," she said in an embarrassed voice.

"Me too!" Camilo said, immediately.

"Really?" Hanna asked in surprise.

"Yeah," Camilo answered. "Like I said. I have never felt like this way about...anyone."

"Me either," Hanna said, quietly.

After an awkward pause, Camilo asked," Is it...really okay?"

Hanna nodded once more in response.

Camilo sat there, suddenly feeling unable to move. Though she had said yes as he had hoped, he now felt absolutely terrified. But there was no turning back now, especially since Hanna had her face and upper half of her body towards him, looking at him, expectantly.

He then took a deep, shaky breath in and slowly exhaled. "Um...okay," he whispered.

Camilo shifted a little where he sat, so now, their faces were a few inches apart from one another. He leaned in a little closer as he gazed into Hanna's round, blue eyes. He then looked down at her pink lips on impulse and saw they were open slightly. When he looked back up into her eyes, it looked like they were sparkling. Camilo trembled a little in excitement. As he moved even closer, he saw Hanna do the same. His quiet breathing became shallow and unsteady. Everything else in the background started to become a blurry, purple color in his eyes. Very slowly, he raised his hands to lightly cup Hanna's face with them. She was blushing so heavily, that her cheeks felt very warm under his fingers. When Camilo leaned in even closer, their foreheads touched each other. Hanna closed her eyes without moving another muscle. Her own breathing was also unsteady. Camilo leaned in closer once more until their noses were touching. He then closed his own eyes while tilting his head to the side, ever so slightly.

And finally, he very gently pressed his lips against hers.

Camilo felt like his heart would come bursting out of his chest at any second. Something that felt like a spark of electricity coursed throughout his body even though he was staying perfectly still. He let his lips linger on Hanna's for a mere, couple of seconds before breaking away. He then backed up a few inches and opened his eyes to see Hanna's reaction. Her eyes were wide open in surprise and her pupils were bigger than what was normal.

"That was..." she whispered.

"Amazing," Camilo whispered back.

"Really?" Hanna asked, quietly.

Camilo nodded. "Well...I thought so," he said. But then he panicked. "You're not regretting it are you?" he asked.

Hanna shook her head in surprise. "Regretting what?" she asked.

"That I was your first...," Camilo answered.

Hanna shook her head vigorously this time. "No! Of course not!" she said.

Camilo sighed in relief. He then asked, awkwardly, "Wait...was it not...amazing for you too?"

Hanna paused to think for a moment. "I...don't know," she said, quietly.

Camilo frowned. It was not the reaction he was expecting. "You don't know?" he asked, slowly.

Hanna looked at him and said, "Well...I can't tell if it was amazing or not. It... came and went so quickly. Plus, it was only my first. I can't be sure what I think because I have... nothing to compare it to."

"Oh," Camilo said. As he thought about it, he suddenly realized that he felt the same.

"I guess...you have a point," he said, looking down and ruffling his hair with one hand.

"Well...maybe...we could...try again? It might even be better the second time," Hanna mumbled.

Camilo's eyes shot back up to look at her in surprise. He blushed deeply as he saw that she was looking at him with her big, round eyes. "Yeah. Okay," he said quietly.

Hanna smiled and then closed her eyes, leaning in towards him. Camilo nervously did the same until their lips came in contact one more time. Camilo's heart was pounding as his lips lingered on hers. After a few seconds, they broke apart again to look at each other, grinning. Camilo then went in for another kiss to which Hanna silently obliged. This time his lips didn't just linger and began to move, slowly. Caressing and stroking. Hanna's lips also began to move against his. Camilo felt every muscle in his body become tense and his senses heightened. This kiss was very different from the first two. It was longer, more passionate, but still sweet and tender. Before Camilo knew what he was doing, he placed a hand on Hanna's waist and the other in her long hair. At his touch, Hanna sighed into the kiss.

Camilo broke them apart to look at her concerningly, gasping a little for air in the process. "Are you alright?" he asked her in a deep, gentle voice. Hanna gazed at him with her shining eyes. "Yes, of course!" she said, breathlessly. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh...well..." he said while ruffling his hair. "I'm just...making sure."

Hanna merely smiled at him and said, "I assure you, Camilo Madrigal. I'm the happiest I've ever been."

"Me too," said Camilo. With a huge grin on his face, he added, "Bonita."

Hanna turned scarlet and Camilo chuckled a little. He then leaned in to kiss her for the fourth time. Hanna raised a hand to cup his cheek as she kissed him back. In response to her touch, Camilo tightened his hold on her waist and back.

After what felt like several long minutes, Camilo felt something wet drop right onto his head, and then another, and then another. "Gah!" Hanna exclaimed as she tore her lips away from his. The light sprinkle on their heads was becoming a steady rainfall. Camilo and Hanna hurriedly got up from the quilt and Camilo lifted it up from the ground to raise the dry underside above Hanna's head before getting under it himself, alongside her. His curls were drooping in his eyes. "Okay, Mami! I get it! I'm taking her home now!" he shouted.

"Your mother is doing that?" Hanna asked with a laugh.

"Yeah," he said, disgruntled. "My nosy sister must've told her where we are."

CRASH

There was a clap of thunder from above their heads which made Hanna jump, nervously.

"Okay! Okay!" Camilo shouted. The two of them rushed back along the garden path while clutching the quilt over their heads.

Camilo and Hanna ran up the grassy hill and back to the trail. When they made it across the bridge, the rain finally stopped. They looked up to see that all the lights in the summer house were off, indicating that Hanna's family was already asleep. After taking turns to dry their heads with the quilt, Camilo gave Hanna a big hug and she wrapped her arms around him as well. "Goodnight, Camilo," she said. "Will I see you tomorrow?"

"You know you will," Camilo said, grinning at her. "Goodnight, amore." He then gave her a gentle kiss on the lips before reluctantly letting her go. He watched her make her way up to the house, open the front door, and quietly go inside.

As soon as he was alone, he sighed deeply and started heading back towards the Casita. "Oh yeah. Totally worth the shot," he said to himself.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

127K 2.9K 20
Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being who you really are." "Wh...
11.3K 272 32
|--🦎--| A carefree flirt who has to be anyone but himself. A stubborn know-it-all with a bold attitude and a big secret. |--🦎--| Y/N's family had l...
14.9K 265 14
It's been four years since the disaster and beauty of the Madrigal family and their encanto was shown to the village. The family has since become clo...
4.6M 193K 101
Camilo Madrigal. His nerve. His self-obsessed smirk. You wanted nothing to do with him after what he did. But maybe there's something beneath that sm...