MAD LOVE

Autorstwa julia_dia

Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or ev... Więcej

Important information
Book trailer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Bonus

Chapter 20

193 32 25
Autorstwa julia_dia

"When we get married, you'll cook every morning," said the brunette with a full mouth, tucking into my jam-covered pancakes.

"Of course, I will cook every morning for my husband. And you, if you want, can come visit," I said, smiling, deciding to play along.

"Do I have a competitor?"

"Mr. Norton, you are beyond any competition!" I said, putting my hand to my chest, "but I don't need your golden cage."

"And how did I displease such a beautiful creature?" He leaned against the countertop and closer to me.

"I'm actually surprised that you're familiar with the word 'marry'. It's unusual for people like you," I said as I ignored his movement and, with an unflappable face, continued drinking my coffee.

"And what kind is that?"

"Fickle."

"...Norton was constantly dragging him around to the ladies..." A friend's words resurfaced, but I did not want to give her away.

"Why did you draw that conclusion?" His right eyebrow crept up, and in these moments, he was insanely handsome...

I wanted to run my palm through his dark hair and feel the softness with my fingertips, to drown in the bottomless depths of those blue eyes. To be consumed by the fire springing from his inviting lips...

So, Alana, put those thoughts out of your head. Enough is enough...

"Have you ever had a relationship with plans for more than just a night or two?" Feeling an awkward moment, I lowered my eyes so as not to burn literally from my thoughts.

"It's never too late to try something new." His enigmatic tone caught my attention again. "We can start today."

"Start what?" I didn't understand what he was getting at, or I was just being a fool.

"A serious relationship."

"And who is your victim?" I don't envy her...

"You."

My coffee almost spurted through my nose. Did I hear right?

"Oh no, thanks! Do I look like a guinea pig? I had enough of experiments in my life, and it didn't lead to anything good," I said with a sad grin. I caught Mike's interested expression opposite me, as if his eyes were asking me to continue.

"Will you share?"

"No way..." Gathering the plates from the table, I turned to the sink and began washing the dishes.

Mike came up from behind and stuck his hands on either side of me, snatching the sponge and plate from my hands. I was now sandwiched between him and the countertop.

"What are you doing?" My voice trembled slightly with excitement.

"Isn't this plate mine? I want to wash it myself..."

"I won't get in your way! The foam washes away, and you won't dirty your hands." I wanted to break free from his embrace, but I could not.

Norton stepped forward sharply, pressing his whole body into me so that my hands slid into the sink. I rested my ass on his groin, to which I heard a long exhale with a whistle. It was a very frank gesture on his part.

I expected a panic outburst, but nothing like that happened. Fear shackled my body, tensing every muscle, but despite this, I had a knot below my stomach... What is this? Am I excited? How is that possible? I thought I would never perceive guys with sexual desire again, but Mike burst into my life and changed everything!

I was scared. In truth, I was terrified that in the moment of intimacy, I would experience a panic attack and pain. And only fear delays sex as much as possible.

"I'll do the dishes myself. It's time for you to go," I said with a hoarse voice, betraying my condition.

"Tomorrow is a party at friends' house, and you'll come with me," the brunette said in a languid voice, breathing heavily, nuzzling into my neck. Then, with difficulty, he pulled away and headed towards the exit.

"And what did I forget there? I'm sure you'll spend your time with benefit and without me." My gaze slid over his body. I literally licked the guy from head to toe!

I urgently need a shower...

"If you're not ready by eight in the evening, I'll drag you along in whatever you're wearing, even if you're naked... But in that case, there may be a problem - we both might end up not going anywhere."

"Is this a rich-kids only event?" I glossed over his remark as my heart sped up for an entirely different reason.

"Perhaps, yes. Any objections?"

Yeah, damn! Most likely, Mark will be there!

I nervously bit my lip, because this is the last person on the planet that I wanted to see.

"I'm not going." My reply was a little nervous.

"Why such hostility to my class? The problem's in the social situation, right? I remember what you said, about a certain group of people..."

"You don't understand... Everything has a reason and mine is far from groundless, believe me."

"What about Jessica and Alex?"

"Exceptions to the rule."

"And me?"

I was startled. How did I feel about him? My heart beat faster in his presence and he did not irritate me as much anymore.

"It's time for you if you don't want to run into rudeness."

"You know, I would have listened." Mike flipped onto the couch after changing direction. "And I changed my mind about leaving." He looked out from behind the bar and continued: "Do you have any plans for today?"

"Not yet..."

"That's great," Norton interrupted me, never letting me finish the thought. "I enjoyed walking with you. I'd like to do it again. You squeal so funnily sometimes..."

"You know what?"

"What?" He clearly liked to get into altercations with me.

"Nothing..."

You couldn't argue with him... Just that unbearable type of man.

And again we were in his car, and again we left the boundaries of the city. This time the road took almost two hours, from which the whole body flowed. Norton suggested I lean back and lie down for a while, but this guy's wild driving style made this impossible. I even clung to the door a few times, which brought a smile to his face.

It's funny to him, you see...

"Can you tell me where you're taking me?"

"To where I spent my childhood with the guys."

"I assume this is some kind of house by the lake."

"Something like that," Mike said as he looked at me with a smile and played his eyebrows. "But this place is much better."

Just a few minutes' drive and my eyes fell on the peaks of a huge roller coaster. I ducked into the windshield, staring at the various rides. A childish joy suddenly awakened in me, as I nearly trembled with excitement, like a bloodhound straining at the leash at the start of the hunt. What was there to talk about? I was ready to jump out of the moving car and run headlong to the park, screaming with joy.

"I never would've thought that a regular amusement park could change you like this," Mike said, looking at my face in amazement. Then he ran his finger over my cheek, pushing a lock of hair over my ear. "I can't believe that there are no merry-go-rounds in New York."

"There are, and my parents and I often spent weekends there," I said as the memories made me smile.

At least something good from the past...

We got out of the car and went thrill-seeking. This time I accepted Norton's hand.

Surprisingly, there were few people, perhaps because it was off-season; there were no crazy queues, and this was very pleasing. The day was very eventful and insane. We took a ride on all kinds of roller coasters and other extreme attractions. We ate cotton candy and ice cream, and even playfully splashed each other with water from our bottles.

Mike showed another side of himself each time, and the image of the arrogant and callous major gradually dissipated like smoke. Our encounters played over and over in my head, looping like some overly sentimental slideshow. His behavior, glances, careful touches, words and even humor did not irritate me anymore, except for the moments when I just wanted to hit him.

No one ever treated me like that, not even Mark. He claimed to have loved me, but he always kept me on a leash and was jealous of every fleeting look. Wood didn't trust me, so then what kind of love were we talking about? Hopefully that won't happen with Mike.

Stop, what am I thinking about? Though... I need to be honest with myself and admit that I fell in love again...

We got back to the city after dark. Norton kindly drove me home, but he was in no hurry to let me go, constantly recalling every brief moment we shared in the park. I felt so good that I did not want the day to end at all and I had no desire to leave, but it was already late and I had to get up early in the morning.

I got out and closed the door, but I didn't have time to go far.

"Moore! Be ready for eight in the evening tomorrow and grab your swimsuit!" Norton shouted through the open window and abruptly took off, not giving me an opportunity to answer.

"What swimsuit, Norton? I actually came here to study, not to party!" I shouted after him, but no one other than the security guard at the gate could hear my angry wail.

The next day, I looked at my outfit for the party. I had no idea how people dressed for this kind of event, but I kind of looked good. Wearing my favorite faded jeans with a huge torn hole in my left thigh, I added a white satin T-shirt and similarly colored sneakers. I curled my hair slightly and applied some makeup. Grabbing my backpack and leather jacket, I went outside, as Mr. 'punctuality himself' had been bothering me with his calls for the last ten minutes.

"I'll take care of your wardrobe from now on! Do you have to display so much of your beautiful skin? Now I won't be able to relax at all." Mike grumbled instead of greeting me.

"I can go home," I said, shrugging my shoulders, but as I reached for the handle as the doors were instantly locked.

Norton's car screeched out of the underground parking lot. It seems extreme driving is part of this guy's lifestyle. Hopefully, we'll get there safe and sound. Unknown songs by unknown artist played over the speakers, but I actually liked all the tracks.

We pulled up to an enormous mansion and my jaw instantly dropped. I saw such chic houses only in pictures and movies, yet here it was, right before my eyes. I wanted to ask about the swimsuit, thinking that it was a joke; it was already October and too cold to swim outside. However, the answer soon revealed itself - it was a covered pool.

Inside it was already crowded, but thank God, the prime culprit of my fears was nowhere to be seen. Squealing with delight, Jessica flew at me, literally jumping up and almost knocking us both to the floor! Alex warily shifted his gaze from Mike to me and back, but soon smiled kindly and hugged us.

"I can't believe you pulled her out!" Jessica exclaimed, as if she hadn't seen me in a million years. "How are you? Everything's fine? Exhale and relax, we're nearby. No one will lay a finger on you."

How I wanted to believe that! However, I did not have time to answer, as a familiar female voice came from behind. Miranda. This girl was from their social circle, and it was her I ran into that evening in the club. She pissed me off terribly by constantly hanging around Norton.

"Hello everyone!" My world froze.

It was his voice.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.7K 178 24
A story of love and hate and well...multiple disasters..Read on to find out😉 Excerpt: He took me to a dark lane through a passage between two dilapi...
666 107 17
And no matter how much we know, how far we go.. we'll always be oblivious. We'll never know what is it that made Romeo give up life, what made Juliet...
213 25 27
" I hate this girl from the bottom of my heart. She broke my heart in a few seconds without any hesitation. She insulted me infront of every one. Sh...
7.6M 174K 73
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...