MAD LOVE

By julia_dia

Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or ev... More

Important information
Book trailer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Bonus

Chapter 9

260 40 36
By julia_dia

Mike

I am not such an insensitive brute that I would not support my friend on such a day. The evening was in full swing; the club was packed, and the contest was going along at full speed, but I couldn't care less. I had only one girl on my mind. There was already enough drink in me, but the tension was still there. It felt like I was sitting on a powder keg.

"Bro, if you carry on like this, you'll die of organ failure and I won't get anything when I try to sell your parts! Enjoy the show! Look at those girls on the stage!" Alex was standing in the VIP area and watched the action with genuine interest.

"I don't want them..." I stretched myself out on a couch and focused on the ambient noise.

"Honey, you're so tense lately," a dark-haired girl who sat on my lap said, "Would you like me to massage you in one of the private rooms?"

She. Drives me. Nuts. God, give this idiot a brain so she can see I want her to leave me alone.

"Miranda, piss off. No matter how drunk I am, I'll spend my time with anyone but you. Fuck off," I pushed her off and got myself another whiskey.

"Flaming hot! Spicy chili pepper hot! Their bodies make women green with envy, their graceful movements stop men's hearts! Welcome to the stage the next group – 'HOT SKIES'!" the announcer bellowed, and I jumped up from the couch. I was curious: what was this wild mix? I was examining the club in search of only one girl. Yet, my friend's tension became far too obvious, so I shifted my gaze to the stage.

Music erupted from the club's sound system and Jessica's group blew the hall up from the very beginning of their dance. The girls really were good, but I focused my attention on only one. The familiar silhouette, movements, hair color - all this reminded me of the recent past, and when I finally clearly distinguished her face - the world stopped.

I couldn't understand what was going on with me, and why this girl affected me so much. The desire to own her - body and soul - clouded my mind completely.

"This is your end, my bird. This time I will put you in a cage," I thought, and went in the stage's direction.

The dance caused a sensation. The audience cheered, and some hazy feeling that everybody had their eyes on what was actually mine tore me apart. I tried to shut out the feelings of jealousy - you can only be jealous when you love someone, and with Alana, it is not love - she is my obsession. Yeah... It's just the alcohol talking...

Pushing aside the crowd, I moved towards the stage. I approached her, grabbed her elbow, and dragged her aside. She yelped in surprise, and when she saw who was in front of her, her eyes filled with terror.

"Hi... Did you miss me?"

Alana

The stage lights blinded me, bringing me back to reality. While I was dancing, I detached my mind from everyone, hiding in my own little world, but a tornado of cheers yanked me back to reality and I panicked a little. I wanted it all to be over and to go home, but before they announced the results, there was a break in the music. Suddenly, someone grabbed my elbow and dragged me away. The fear sent chills down my spine, and I shivered. Not this! I struggled out and screamed, but the thunderous club music returned and drowned out my voice. Then the stranger pushed me out into an empty room and turned to me. A furious expression confronted me.

"Hi. Did you miss me?" Mike asked, eagerly eyeing my risque outfit.

Honestly, I really wanted to change as soon as I could, or at least to cover myself with something.

"Mike? What are you doing here?" I asked, the shock of seeing him there making me hesitant.

"Came to look at you," he grinned, "Do you mind?"

He smelled of tobacco and alcohol, which meant he was drunk. I had to get out of there. I took a step back, stumbled over the cables, and was about to fall, when he suddenly caught my arm, put his arm around my waist, and pulled me to himself. It was like a flash went off in front of me. I jerked away and hit my back against the wall, bouncing off. I kept my eyes on Norton, just as he was watching my every move with predator-like intensity. He was looking at me with half-closed eyes.

"I have to admit I'm disappointed with your reaction," he said, then noticed my confusion and reminded me. "The resort, restaurant, and my invitation to dance, remember, Moore?" One step after another, Norton inched toward me like a stalking predator until he was really close. "I thought you really didn't dance. I tried to show understanding, even though I could have forced you. Turns out, it's all lies. Should I have offered to pay you? It seems you swing your hips remarkably well when there's money involved..." I interrupted his tirade with a ringing slap across his face.

Nothing can save me now...

"Have you lost all fear, Moore?" Mike grabbed my throat but didn't squeeze it, as if he was afraid to hurt me. He bent down to me and his lips brushed against mine, sending an almost electric shock through my whole body.

"Let me go, please..." I was afraid to open my eyes and see the horror of what was going on around us.

"Alana, baby!" I heard Jessica's voice behind my back. "Player, what the hell?!"

It felt like the surrounding room emptied, and I worked up the courage to open my eyes. Jessica was standing in front of me, screaming at Mike that she had warned him to not even look in my direction.

She pushed him away. She saved me, as she promised.

Stop! Wait a minute! Player? Mike is her childhood friend?!

Oh, damn...

My eyes filled with tears as I watched this seemingly fragile blond tear a strong man to pieces, while he stared at me, his expression filled with bile and disappointment.

"I'd be really interested to hear how the two of you ran into each other." The demand was now addressed to me, and I only nodded in agreement. "Come on, they'll announce the results soon," the blond said as she took my hand and headed towards the stage.

"Moore!" Norton shouted behind our backs. "Cover yourself! I want to be the only one who sees you dressed like that!"

Jessica, cool as a cucumber, flipped him the bird, and we disappeared into the crowd.

"How do you two know each other?" she hissed. Apparently, waiting for long is not her thing.

"This idiot almost ran me over at the resort! He forced himself into my life, then pretended to be cute and nice in front of my mom. Chance allowed me to leave the resort early, so we left without saying anything. Now, this nightmare of a man is back. Should I flee the city, or what?"

"Wow, so that's why he got here as mad as a hornet! I thought he was about to jump on me and tear me apart!" Jessica whistled. "Well, what can I say... You have my sympathy," she said and burst out laughing. "Player is used to getting his own way, and now he's set his sights on you. Let's talk about it when we get home."

They asked all the groups back onto the stage, and the announcer noted the audience's reaction. No doubt about it. Our girls were on top. We won a good sum of money! Triumphant music played, and we stood in a confetti shower.

The contest night slowly changed into a normal night at the club. Large amounts of alcohol created a magic atmosphere of clouded minds and heated bodies. The thumping music made the crowd on the dance floor pulse as one.

I had neither the energy nor the strength to have fun, so I said goodbye to the girls and left for the exit. At the bar counter, I bumped into a girl and she spilled her glass on my light shirt.

"Oops, sorry! I'm so clumsy," the stranger girl said.

"It's okay, I'm on the way out of..." I looked at the girl and froze.

She was a tall girl with chestnut hair, slim, and her face looked so much like his. I was sure I've never met her before.

"Are you ok?" she asked, smiling.

I couldn't say a word. I was standing and staring at the girl, but in my mind, I recalled the Christmas school party.

Did you really think that I fell in love with you? Come down to earth, you were just a bet, nothing more. You are nothing. You are the dust under my feet. People like you have no business being in our society. Dry your tears and go pick up some crumbs somewhere, you mouse!

Without answering her, I ran out into the fresh night air, got a cab, and went to the campus.

I was having a panic attack. Inexplicable anxiety rose inside me. I could not breathe, and my heart felt like it was about to burst. My stomach felt weird, and I had pins and needles all over my body. Everything went hazy, everything felt unreal. I saw him everywhere, at every corner, as if he followed me anywhere I went.

I go to my room and turned it upside down, trying to find my pills. Having found the precious bottle, I almost scattered all the pills over the floor, trying to open it. My hands were shaking so much! I would expect this to happen if some stranger touched me; that was why I was scared to shake hands with Alex. But I definitely did not expect this from my memories, or from a girl who reminded me of this!!!

Author

The girl left the club. She followed Alana and watched her leave. Then she grinned, took out her phone, and dialed a familiar number.

"Hi! You'll never guess who I just ran into here in Boston..."

"I know. I know everything about her every step and breath, and you turned out to be absolutely useless," a man's voice said at the other end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 30 10
In my world, money and power reign supreme. We, untouchable within our secret society, have instilled fear and commanded respect for generations. Alt...
213 25 27
" I hate this girl from the bottom of my heart. She broke my heart in a few seconds without any hesitation. She insulted me infront of every one. Sh...
53.5K 1.8K 60
My life's amazing, I have great friends, I have loving parents, and I'm in my senior year of high school. I really couldn't have asked for a better l...
36.7K 813 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...