A Rose Of Revenge

بواسطة AnointingYao

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Book three of the Princess Eleanora... المزيد

Author's note.
✴️Prologue✴️
✴️Chapter 1✴️: Happily ever after, after all.
✴️Chapter 2✴️: Eight years late.
✴️Chapter 3✴️: A glimpse of life.
✴️Chapter 4✴️: No one is innocent.
✴️Chapter 5✴️: All the lies they told.
✴️Chapter 6✴️: Things aren't always as they seem.
✴️Chapter 7✴️: Humans just can't be trusted.
✴️ Chapter 8✴️: Career's day.
✴️Chapter 9✴️: I'm brOKen.
✴️Chapter 10✴️: Family Dinner.
✴️Chapter 11✴️: A visit to the graves.
✴️Chapter 12✴️: And we meet again.
✴️Chapter 13✴️: A gift for her own burial
✴️ Chapter 14✴️: A beautiful gift for my ex
✴️ Chapter 15✴️: The land of Diamonds.
✴️Chapter 16✴️: The raid.
✴️Chapter 17✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
✴️ Chapter 18✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (2)
✴️Chapter 19✴️: It's time for a lecture, Phillips.
✴️Chapter 20✴️: Let's plan further.
✴️Chapter 21✴️:The breakout.
✴️Chapter 22✴️:Dure, the maniac.
✴️ Chapter 23✴️: A spy in the palace.
✴️Chapter 25✴️: A serial killer on the loose.
✴️Chapter 26✴️: The power of the USB.
✴️ Chapter 27✴️: Foes turn friends.
✴️ Chapter 28✴️: Digging into the past.
✴️Chapter 29✴️: The great reveal (1)
✴️ Chapter 30✴️: The great reveal (2).
✴️Cast and preview✴️
✴️Chapter 31✴️: The apple of her eyes.
✴️Chapter 32✴️: And then they realized...
✴️ Chapter 33✴️:Knock, Knock... It's me. Karma. Can I come in?
✴️ Chapter 34✴️: A not so happy reunion.
✴️Chapter 35✴️: A christmas night to remember.
✴️Chapter 36✴️: Epilogue?
✴️Morals of the novel✴️
✴️ Author's note✴️

✴️Chapter 24✴️: Nora: three, Dure: zero.

30 13 5
بواسطة AnointingYao

  The loud sirens from the cop's vehicle blasted into the night as they approached the Henia estate. They had received an information that three strange trailers were found in the warehouse of the Henia pharmaceuticals.

Following the Intel they got, the cops went there to check. The Henia pharmaceuticals warehouse was a place that was only visited once every two months and only the director and few of his trusted people could go in there. So it was quite shocking for the director and his trusted aides when they found out that the trailers that was found in their warehouse had cocaine in them and they only found out when the cops were there. They had no time to hide it.

The director had no time to call the big boss and tell him what happened so he managed to send a text to his trusted bodyguard, Ameed.

Ameed receiving the text, had to break the rules so he could see his boss and inform him. But his boss was having dinner with his now estranged family.

  "Young master, Ameed wants to see you". Solomon said, interrupting dinner.

"Did he tell you what for?" Dure asked as he rose to his feet to see his bodyguard.

  "He did not". Solomon replied before leading Dure to where Ameed was. Ameed was standing at the entrance to the mansion, pacing back and forth, not knowing how to serve his master the news.

  "You wanted to see me?" Dure asked, bringing back Ameed with just the sound of his voice.

"Boss. The trailers have been found". Ameed reported almost immediately.

"That's good. Let's go see it". Dure smiled, walking forward in acute eagerness.

Ameed thought it would be better if he drove his master out of there first then explain later for the cops were on their way. He didn't want the RBI to get hold of the information or it would be out of hand. The RBI, Royal Bureau of Investigation were just like the FBI.

As soon as Dure entered the car, Ameed entered too and started the car almost immediately and drove out of the compound.

"Where were the trailers found?" Dure asked, adjusting his pyjamas, for he didn't have the time to change when he came to see Ameed.

"That's the problem boss. It was found in the warehouse of the Henia pharmaceuticals".  Ameed announced as casually as he could but Dure had a hard time taking it in.

It was as if someone had hit his head with an hammer. That smell of trouble, he knew it too well.

  "Where did you say they were found?" Dure asked again, hoping he heard wrong. Praying he heard wrong. Wishing he heard wrong.

"The Henias pharmaceuticals, boss. And the cops are on their way here". Ameed replied as he tried to speed out of the Henia estate.

I'mmediately, his mind was calculating how he could get out of the situation or turn the situation in his favor.

"Stop the car". He ordered Ameed.

"Boss, we need to get you out of this place as soon as-"

"STOP THE DAMN CAR!". He yelled at Ameed who came to an adrupt stop.

Ameed had made a mistake. A huge one. He thought he was helping but he made everything worse.

"You fool! It was found in the Henia pharmaceuticals. Why did you come pick me up?!" Dure angrily asked Ameed.

"I don't understand, boss".

"Turn the car around and drive me home".

"But boss-"

"NOW!!!" He yelled. But before Ameed could start the car, it was too late. The cops were here.

Dure's hand roughly went through his hair, angrily. "Don't bother driving the car. Just stay still". He ordered Ameed before getting out of the car to meet the cops who were already making their way to his car.

Ameed picking Dure up was an evidence on his own that he was absconding which Dure wasn't. If such a thing was found in the Henia pharmaceuticals warehouse, it had to do with the director for he was in charge of the pharmaceuticals. Dure could just shift all the blame on the Director. But he absconding meant he knew something about it already and that had so many consequences that even he couldn't imagine. But Dure was quite smart and he was very sharp in thinking for solutions.

"At this time of the night, may we be honoured to ask Duke Dure where he's headed to in such an outfit?" One of the cops asked, finding him quite suspicious when they found out he was the one who came out of the exotic car.

"Good evening, officers. Your hard work is quite admirable. I was just on my way to the station to see for myself what was going on" Dure explained.

"Really? Your skill in gathering information supercedes that of the cops". Said another one.

"I'm flattered. It has to do with an arm of my many companies, of course I'd be informed. Shall we go to the station? The earlier we get this over with, the better". Dure said as he walked towards the cops. He was going to go to the station in their vehicle. He needed to get their trust. As long as the matter doesn't reach the RBI, he was willing to suffer for a short period of time.
________________________________✍️

Nora sat down at the corner of the room where her bed was situated, her legs crossed in yoga style as she took the last big bite from the apple while the lady who she had exchanged positions with earlier sat in front of her. Their beds was surprisingly beside each other so it was easy for them to converse.

"My name is Susan. Thank you for saving my life". The lady said once she observed Nora was done with the apple. Nora threw the apple core into the bin before turning to look at the lady in front of her.

"Save your life? I didn't save your life. I'm not that magnanimous". Nora replied her, resting her back on the wall behind her.

"Then why did you choose to go to the Queen's chambers after what I told you? Weren't you scared?" The lady asked her, curious to know why Nora did what she did.

"First of all, after what I've been through, nothing scares me more than the heart of humans. Secondly, I and the kitchen aren't exactly friends. Thirdly, I'm not that foolish to purposely enter a room of traps after being warned. As for you, you're the questionable one here. Seems like you know too much about this place for a new recruit". Nora asked her, hoping the lady will take the bait and tell her all she knew about this place.

"My sister was once a palace maid. But she died and no one ever spoke about her again".

"Another death" Nora muttered to herself. " Then why come here when you know how dangerous this place is?" Nora asked her.

"Because this place is a fifty fifty chance between survival and death" A total stranger, a maid like them said.

  "Who invited you to this conversation?" Nora asked her, rather rudely.

"I'm sorry. You seemed confused and I couldn't help but butt in and clear your confusion". The stranger said, sitting on the bed beside Susan. "I'm Kell by the way and it's nice to meet you"

"I'm Susan. Nice to meet you". Susan replied and the both of them looked at Nora waiting for Nora to introduce herself.

"I'm also Susan". Nora replied like it's the most obvious thing.

"Well, I'll call you big Aunty Susan and Susan". Said Kell.

"Why am I being called Big Aunty?" Nora asked her, gazing at them like they were treating her unfairly.

"Well, you do look older than everyone here. Like you're in your thirties". Kell said in defense to herself, making Nora roll her eyes at them.

"You were saying something about a fifty fifty chance?" Nora asked, diverting their attention from her.

"Yes. In this place, three things happen to you. It's either you get promoted from being a maid to a room head or you become one of the numerous side chick of one of the Ministers or you die". Kell explained.

"Numerous side chick of one of the Ministers?" Nora repeated it to be sure she got what she was saying right.

"Yeah. You see the Queen knows what men want. Power, Money, women, assets, connection. So she uses it against them so she can be in total control of their lives. That's why she always change her maids every three years. By the end of the third year, not even quarter of us will remain in this house. So it's like coming here to choose your fate". Kell replied.

Just then there was noise coming from out the window. The three poked their head out the window to see what was going on.

The Queen had arrived.

The Maids were kept in a different house from the Queen's mansion, but the two buildings were opposite each other and so through the window, they could see from the duplex they were in, what was happening at the other side of the street.

"Speak of the Queen and she shall appear". Kell whispered, as they watched silently, the Queen and her escorts walking into her place.

"Is there a telephone booth here?" Nora asked the two who brought their head out from the window sill and looked at her.

"Yes. It's just downstairs". They replied her and she nodded, leaving I'mmediately.

On getting downstairs, she saw the public telephone on the table at the corner and so she went there as fast as she could, dialing her number on the telephone.

She had left her burner phone with Lucas, so she would be able to contact him. She had already told him what to do, all she needed was to signal him that she was safe. She was glad she was able to remember her own number.

As soon as it rang, Lucas picked it like he had been waiting for her call.

"Yes boss?" She heard his voice say.

"I'm safe. Do the needful and find a way to stop the doctor that will come in tomorrow. Just follow the plan". Nora said, hanging up immediately before she was caught.

All she had to do was wait and pray her plans come through.
_________________________________✍️

"Duke Dure. I would have said it's an honor to have you here but given the circumstances, it would only feel like an insult". Said the Commissioner of the Police force who came in person to the station when he heard it was Duke Dure that was caught along with two other men.

Dure had an incredibly strong reputation in the nation and he was well known among the high class citizens. But who he was known as was entirely different from who he was. And that was why he would kill just to keep his reputation. Even innocent people if it got to that extent.

But now, killing wasn't even part of the options. He needed to make sure the RBI doesn't enter the case, needed to save the pharmaceuticals, save the trailers and save himself. But only one of these things he knew he'd be able to accomplish for each road he had planned out only led to one outcome and no two outcome were the same.

"Good evening, commissioner. Or should I say goodnight?" Dure joked to lessen the tensed atmosphere.

The director of the Henia pharmaceuticals was also in the room, standing at the side while Dure and the commissioner talked.

"Thanks for honouring my invitation". Dure said with a grateful voice.

"That is the least I could do for  you. I admire your loyalty to the nation, Duke Dure. I mean, the pharmaceuticals isn't directly linked to you but you still came to show your care for it. I admire your diligence and loyalty". The Commissioner praised.

"What can I say? It's part of the Henia companies, it's not something I can take lightly. Besides, a Duke or a minister, I'll always be a businessman in my heart". Dure replied, looking all cool and dope but his heart knew the fears that were running in them.

The Commissioner turned to look at the director "Now for the sake of your boss, I'll take pity on you and ask you a few questions. For no reason should you lie". The Commissioner started and the director nodded.

"Since when have you been receiving such trailers?" The Commissioner asked the director.

"We've never received such trailers before". The director replied.

"Are you sure? You need to be honest with me. Because those trailers had cocaine in them. And those trailers were found were the materials or should I call it ingredients of the drugs you're producing were kept. Do you know what that means, young man?" The Commissioner asked the director who didn't seem to have a reply.

"It simply means that the drugs you've been producing have cocaine in them. Now if the RBI find out about this, not only are you going to be in trouble but the Henias will also be put in trouble. And you'll be double guilty. First for deceiving the nation and drugging their drugs, secondly for tarnishing the image of an upright man because of your own greed". The Commissioner explained, referring to Dure as the upright man.

"I can swear with my life, that we have never received such trailers before. In fact, we don't know how it got there". The director desperately tried to defend himself.

"So are you trying to tell me that those trailers grew feet and walked into the warehouse to rest for the night? Or someone planted those trailers on you?"

"Someone must have planted them on me".

"How tight is the security of that warehouse?"

"I and  few of my trusted fellows are the only one that have access to the warehouse. No one else can enter except us".

"And you're sure none of your trusted buddies didn't betray you?"

"None of them did. We were all surprised to see the trailers and more shocked to see what they contain"

"Well then, it seems this is beyond our capacity then". The Commissioner said, in defeat.

Dure adjusted in his seat, trying to look calm he asked "Can you please explain?"

"Duke Dure, if you want to truly investigate this case, we have to involve the RBI. If we should rely on what this man here said, could be that some people purposely planted the trailers there or it could also be that your pharmaceuticals have been doing this for long, mixing hard drugs with common drugs and are finally being exposed. In either ways, this has to do with the health of the nation, so we must investigate thoroughly". The Commissioner replied.

"So if the worst should come to the worst, what will happen?"

"The pharmaceuticals be shut down for good and it's workers will all lose their jobs".

"The least that could happen?"

"The least that could happen is that the trailers are confisticated and the Pharmaceuticals temporarily shut down till we get to the bottom of the case". The Commissioner replied and Dure smiled when he realized there's doom looming over him.

Dure rose to his feet and smiled, stretching forth his hand towards the commissioner for a hand shake. "I look forward to working with you". Dure said as the man shook his hand.

"I'll be headed home now. Can't have my family worrying over me. Do have a safe journey back home". The Commissioner said before walking out of the room leaving Dure and the director in the room alone.

The director fell on his knees and crawled to hold Dure's leg. "Please save me, boss. My sons only have me as a parent. Their mother died when they were younger. Apart from me, they have no one else. I really don't know anything about those trailers". He begged, big balls of tears dropping from his eyes, hoping his master Dure will have mercy.

Dure smiled, his long fingers round the man's jaw and raising his eyes to meet his. That beautiful smile disappeared without a warning, an angry face was now on board. Clenching his jaws and tightening his other fist, the anger just kept building.

"I'm about to lose one of my main sources of income and six hundred million dollars and the only thing you can think about is your family?!" Dure spat on the Director's face, the urge to kill the man was so great but the incapability of doing so getting him more mad.

He pushed the man away from him and walked out of the room. He was allowed to go home, Ameed was already waiting for him at the entrance of the police station.

As soon as he entered the car, he said in a commanding voice "Ameed, tell the workers to stop all activities on the drugs and lock the dens. No activity of any kind must take place. The RBI will begin their investigation on us soon".

"Yes boss" Ameed replied as he drove into the night.
_________________________________✍️

The bright new day came with happiness in the atmosphere. The roaring laughter of happy ministers and the clicking of champagne glasses, "A toast" constantly repeated was being recorded by the reporters that were present. Everything that was happening on the field was recorded live and was displayed in every home, every channel on Television except for those who had their Televisions off.

Every minister was present and so was the queen. The nation was marking it's two hundredth anniversary and also marking the Queen's tenth year on the throne.

A few foreigners were present too, to witness such joyous day. It was a public holiday. A day for the nation to sit back home and watch the beautiful event as it unrolled.

Nora too was part of those citizens as all the maids gathered at the sitting room to witness such joyous day. There were drinks and snacks that the kitchen made for everyone. It was a public holiday so the maids were allowed to relax and keep their eyes on the screen for it was compulsory for the maids to watch the success of their mistress.

Nora's eyes were fixed on the Screen for a totally different reason.

After each minister had said what they had to say about the Queen and the nation, the Queen herself popped up on stage to give her heartwarming speech.

"My dear citizens, it is an honor to serve as your queen. We all know that if you weren't there, there will be no one to rule over and so you're equally important to us as we are to you. I remember my dear husband, King Azad of blessed memory...he was such a loving and willing king...who loved his people dearly and...and thought me that it's the man of the people that always... always win the day. He showed... He showed... He showed..." Queen Mary looked like she was in great discomfort as she struggled to look strong in front of the cameras while she struggled with her words.

There was a sudden scream and the next thing heard "YOUR MAJESTY, YOUR EARS ARE BLEEDING!"

The woman who screamed did a good job in alarming everyone, both the people seated in the event and those seated in front of their screens for her voice was loud and clear.

Everyone was placed in panic mode. Queen Mary rushed out of the stage but before she could totally leave the stage, she started throwing up blood. Her nose, ears, eyes and mouth bleeding. It was not a good sight to behold. That was when the event was put into full pandemonium.

People rushed to the Queen's aid to see if there was anything they could do to stop the bleeding. Nora remembered vividly that was how Ezra, her ex had died. And that was how her brother, Green died.  So now, this event made her realize that her brother and her ex both died from Lacosa poisoning.

Suddenly, people adjusted in their seats as they all pointed to the screens. "What is that?" They asked themselves but no one seemed to know the answer.

It was a banner, lifted into the air by balloons tied to each end of the banners, the letters written boldly with Pig's blood.

"The most Iconic death for the most iconic queen. You're next!"

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

69.9K 3.4K 55
He lost his memories and it made him cross paths with this woman that he was sure would be the love of his life. But when he got his memories back, e...
7.3K 88 23
"The Handler thought it was part of the plan. It wasn't." "What? You think I wouldn't help you after all we've been through?" - - - First book of Do...
Perfect Flaws بواسطة hcvwritess

الخيال (فانتازيا)

2.5K 164 50
"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even justice, for something or someone that mat...
31K 1.1K 14
For which she knew her stalker. Contains: Killing Edging Stalking Orgasm denial Clingy partner Switch couple Strong language Obsessive character P...