Living with Countries [Countr...

By ChairTheArtist

Eyyy, hey people that read fanfictions! I wanted to create this story ever since I started to think about plo... More

Authors note
Chapter 1: Meeting
Chapter 2: A place you'll call home
Chapter 3: a new start
chapter 4: secrets?
600 reads!!πŸ’œπŸ’–
chapter 5: friends!
chapter 6: life changing event?
chapter 7: life changing event? (pt.2)
chapter 8: the interview
chapter 9: oh dear..
chapter 10: upcoming plans
chapter 11: a newer start
chapter 12: wΓΆrk
chapter 13: Planning pt.1 (more like taking a break)
chapter 14: planning pt.2
Special chapter: birthday party

chapter 15: pride

2K 43 117
By ChairTheArtist

It was the beggining of june, aka pride month. I was really excited, because me and my dad always baked cookies and decorated them with pride flags! Sure, this only started as a tradition recently, because mom disliked the occasion, so we had to do it in secret.

But now is different. And today is the day! We'll be able to bake the cookies again! Although, i'm not sure if all of the countries would be willing to particupate, or at least not ruin the activity, but i'm sure that most of them will be alright with it.

I quickly did my morning routine and went to the kitchen, where dad, reichtangle and the UK were drinking coffee and tea, while chatting. Before i could make it downstairs, they all spotted me.

"Good morning Y/n." Dad was the first to greet me. Reichtangle and the UK soon followed.

"Hey guys, good morning." I casually say, slipping into the kitchen and opening the fridge to look for a snack.

"You seem pretty excited today, what's the occasion?" UK asked.

"Oh nothing, I just woke up feeling refreshed this morning. I mean, it is the first day of summer." I say, looking at dad, who had just remembered.

"Right, right.. so uhm, me and y/n have this tradition going on where we bake cookies in order to celebrate.. the start of summer!" He akwardly replies. I mentally facepalm.

"Right.. well, i don't think that the start of summer is really that special in my eyes, but you do you." Reichtangle calmly responds, sipping his coffee.

"I feel like you guys are hiding something." UK eyes us suspiciuosly.

"What? Why would we do that?" I ask, trying to hide the fact that i'm sweating really hard.

"If I remember correctly, America and Canada were talking about june being this so called 'pride month' season. Is it related to your tradition?" He asks, still eyeing us, while finishing his cup of tea.

"Pride month? Never heard of it." Reichtangle responds, clearly confused.

"Well, in a way.." I start. "Yes, we bake cookies and decorate them with pride flags. It's a small thing, but it still means a lot to us and the community." Dad interrupts.

"Yes, what dad said." I reply, a bit angry but being interrupted.

"That sounds really sweet. I wish I could help, but I don't really know much about it." UK answers.

I felt big relief, but there was still a small issue. No one knew about me being in the community in terms of sexuality/attraction.

Now, my dad and the rest know that i'm non-binary and go by they/them pronouns, but even then, they sometimes forget and accidentally use she/her on me. I know it isn't on purpose and it's fine, maybe they're still trying to look out for me when in public, as to not call me out for being queer. But what they don't know is that i'm also [insert sexuality] (Can't be aromantic or wlw, really sorry, but it won't fit the plot).

"Reichtangle, what do you think?" I turn towards said country. It seemed that he was deep in thought, and I don't blame him.

"I don't see a problem. It isn't hurting us." He finally replies.

I look at him in shock. Normally, I'd assume that a country as old as him would definitely be against the community, but I was wrong.

"What? Did I say something?" He quickly replies, noticing my expression.

"Oh! No no, i'm just a little shocked that you accepted it so casually." I quickly say.

"Like I said, it isn't hurting us. Besides, i'm quite intrigued by this.. "pride month" thing you have going on."

"Well, there's a lot to learn about it, so you can just ask me about it whenever you feel like it!" I reassure, quickly slipping out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. The place where I contemplate my life choices.

'Oh god, am I actually gonna do this? I mean the coming out thing.' I ask myself.

'Of course you are! It's about time you do, besides, you know they'll support no matter what, sowhy are you still afraid?' I reply to myself.

'We don't know if ALL of them are like this. I bet Reichtangle is just a special case, out of the old countries he seems like the only supportive one so far.'

'You do have a point. But what's the worst that can happen? They don't own the house, nor do they control you, so why be afraid?'

'You're.. actually right! Thanks, me!' I quickly leave the bathroom to not cause any suspicion and slip into my room, the second safest area.

I would hide in the closet until I come up with a plan, but that'd just be a bit too clique. So, I sit down on my bed and contemplate. Soon, a couple ofthe countries approach me, those being America, Canada, Germany and Lithuania.

"What'chu thinking about?" Canada asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing too important." I respond, trying to stay calm.

"Really? Then why are you thinking about it so intensely?" America asks, clearly suspiciuos.

"I don't know?" Was all I could say. But really, why was I thinking about it so hard?

"You know what? You're right. I shouldn't think about that hard. It's really a simple thing." I say, standing up.

"You still haven't told us about what you're thinking about." Lithuania huffed.

"Sorry, but it's a secret." I giggle.

"Come on guys, you know they're hard to break. They won't tell us anything." Germany quickly responds, hopping off the bed.

"Finee." America whines.

I only roll my eyes at him. He's a bit too dramatic at times.

'Y/n, you still haven't decided on what to do.'

'I think I have. But, i'm still not sure.' I answer myself.

'It's now or never, Y/n. It may just be your only chance.'

'Okayy, but don't pressure me like that again.' I huff internally.

Going downstairs, I think of a plan. It's nothing too big, just a chat in private with dad, Reichtangle and the rest. Seperately, of course.

"Hey Reich, can I talk to you?" I quickly ask after finding him.

"Oh, sure." He calmly replies.

"So.. uhh.. you know how.. pride month is usually about people showing their true colors?" I start. He simply nods, telling me to continue.

"W-well, I just wanted to say that.. I'm-" before I could continue, Reich embraced me, which obviuosly took me a few seconds to register.

"You don't need to finish it. You're queer, that's all I need to know." He says, releasing me from his embrace.

"Well, obviuosly. Why'd you think I go by they/them?" I say.

"I understand now. But anyways, have you told your dad about your sexual and or romantic preference?" He asks.

"Not yet. I wanted to tell you first. But I do have to say, I almost shit my pants while doing this." I chuckled.

"Language, Y/n. That's not very nice to say." Reichtangle warned.

"But it's truee. You're just so scary and I don't know what you would've done if you were homophobic." I whine.

"Well, let's not think about that, alright? I accept you for who you are, and you better remember that." He interrupts.

"I guess I should tell dad then?" I ask.

"No need for that." A new voice joins in. My eyes widen.

"Oh fuck."

"No cursing in this household, Y/n. You know that." Dad replies. "So, you're [insert sexuality]?"

"I didn't even get to tell Reich that i'm-"

"Hun, you've lived with me your entire life. Don't think I didn't see the signs." He interrupted.

"Can you guys please stop interrupting me?" I ask, clearly pissed.

"Sorry, dear. But now that I know I was right, I'd like to remind you that there's nothing to be afraid of. We support you fully, even when you think that we don't." He calmly explained.

"Oh. Wow I.. I thought this would be much harder." I chuckle nervously.

"It's alright, Y/n. It's a normal thing to feel fear." Reichtangle reassures me.

"Say, how about we go start making those cookies?" Dad changes the subject. I eagerly nod and head to the kitchen to fetch the ingredients.

---

Well aint that a long chapter? To me it is :)

So, pride month, huh? It went by like a flash to me, not sure about you guys. I would just like to remind everyone that all of you are valid (excluding the obviuos ones)!!

Also, here is the long awaited series-exclusive fanart!

Y/n's introducing him to memes. Peepaw has a lot to catch up to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 5.7K 69
Zero already has a boyfriend that she loves but finds out that he is cheating but she tries to work it out and stay with him. But then she goes to th...
1.5M 35.1K 60
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that. -Completed-
192K 8.7K 107
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
1M 34K 80
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...