Ours to Keep || Anakin Skywal...

Av and-the-children-too

What do you do when you accidentally become pregnant from a drunken one night stand with the man who also hap... Mer

Soundtrack
Introduction
2 - Hate
3 - Only Human
4 - Diamond
5 - Miracles Do Happen
6 - A Liar
7 - A Facade
8 - Ocean Orchids
9 - Damaged Goods
10 - Willow
11 - Karma

1 - Anakin Skywalker

8.4K 275 557
Av and-the-children-too

I was going to wait with this one, but I've been getting sooo many messages for it, and I'm a people pleaser so here you go💕

2.6k words

•─────⋅☾ꨄ☽⋅─────•

"Iced, with one shot of creamer and a sprinkle of cinnamon," I set my boss's usual coffee order down on his desk. He wrapped his palms around it with a sigh of content before bringing it up to his lips for a drink.

"Thank you darling," Fred slowly brought the cup down and set it back on his desk. The condensation dripped down the side, already making a small ring around the plastic on the mahogany wood, "Please sit, there is something I've been meaning to discuss with you for some time." He gestured to the cushioned chair that resided opposite of him.

I furrowed my brows as I pulled the chair out and took a seat, "Is everything okay?" I asked with worry before holding my breath.

My mind as always went to the worst possible thought — that I was getting fired. Although I doubt that's what it really is, but my mind has a way of jumping to the worst conclusions.

He nodded, causing his gray hair to slide over his eyes momentarily, "Yes everything is fine, but I wanted you to be the first to know that I am planning to retire—"

"What?" I interrupted him and he raised his hand to silence me so he could finish, "Sorry," I mumbled.

He smiled before he continued, "You knew this time would come, I am pushing seventy (Y/n)." He explained with a raised brow, probably noticing the deep disappointment in my eyes.

I've worked for him as his assistant here at Skywalker publications since I was eighteen years old, fresh out of high school and new to the outside world. I had no experience, no college level education, and he still took a chance on me after I got turned down by every other job I applied for. That was six years ago, and he and I have grown close since then. He's become the father I never had. So hearing that he's leaving was heartbreaking for me, it's difficult to imagine this place without him.

"But there is something good that can come from this," His smile widened as he adjusted his posture, "Someone is going to have to fill my shoes, and I would like you to know that I am recommending you for the job."

I blinked in surprise and my breath hitched in my throat, "You—" I choked on my words and it took me a few more seconds to get out of the initial shock and pull myself together, "You're going to recommend me for the job of editor?" This was my dream, the one thing I've been chasing since starting here. But there was only one issue, "Sir, I appreciate that, but I don't know if I have the qualifications." I told myself I was going to go back to school and get my English degree, but life and this job always consumed my time and I never got around to it.

"Nonsense," He waved his hand in dismissal, "I wouldn't be recommending you if I didn't think you were qualified. Degrees aren't everything, you have years of hands-on experience and that's really all you need."

He was right. I was the one who stayed late with him most nights, going through stacks of manuscripts — tossing out the bad, and keeping the good. That's one of the jobs as an editor, picking through the hundreds of books we get and finding which ones are the diamonds in a cluster of rocks. I also helped him edit countless books whenever he would get too exhausted to continue.

Thinking about all this now is helping me realize that this job is something I am ready for, and I'm honored he was recommending me to take his place, "Thank you Sir, you have no idea how much this means to me." I was holding back tears.

"Of course, but remember that it is only a recommendation and it will still be up to the President of the company who takes my position." He explained, which I understood.

"I know," I reached over the desk and placed my hand over his, "But still, I'm grateful you would even put me up for consideration."

"You would be amazing and I am confident she will see your potential after I've spoken with her," He placed his other hand on top of mine and gave it a gentle squeeze before letting go, "Tomorrow is going to be my retirement party and there will already be refreshments and all that, so no need to stop at the coffee shop." He picked up his iced coffee again and gave it a few sips.

I took this as the end of our conversation and stood up from the chair so I could get to my desk and start on my duties for the day, "I'll make sure to bring the cake, your favorite."

"Chocolate?" His wise, old eyes lit up with excitement.

I nodded with a subtle wink as I backed out of the opened door, "With chocolate frosting."

He placed his hand on his chest with a gasp of elation, "What am I going to do without you in my life?"

"Suffer in misery," I teased before fully turning around and making my way to my desk, an excited smile spreading across my cheeks as I glanced around the office. I just might become their boss in a few days, and I hope to be the best they've had. Aside from Fred of course, no one can out-do Fred, that man is an Angel that everyone adores.

I sat at my desk and my friend Alex who sat to my right just less than three feet rolled over to me in his chair, using my desk as his stopper, "I heard everything." He wiggled his brows, which I could see from my peripheral vision.

I glanced into his hazel eyes and placed my finger up to my lips and shushed him, "I don't want anyone to know yet. Just in case I don't get it, I'd rather save myself the embarrassment." I dropped my hand down with a sigh. I was excited that it was a possibility, but I didn't want to get my hopes too high in fear of disappointment. And I know he's the only one who heard because his desk and mine are the closest to Fred's office, the rest were a decent distance away.

He pushed my shoulder a little aggressively and I shot him a scowl, "Are you kidding? Of course you're going to get it. You've been working under him for six years, if anyone deserves the job, it's you."

I felt like he was only flattering me because he's always had a noticeable crush on me, despite me being engaged, but I still welcomed the encouragement, "Thanks Alex, I do have my fingers crossed."

He nodded with an encouraging smile, "Of course, and um I was wondering if after work you maybe want to get a drink—"

I cut his words off by raising my left hand in the air to highlight my engagement ring under the fluorescent lights, "How many times are we going to have this conversation Alex?"

He chuckled with a shrug as he leaned back in his chair, the rusty hinges creaking, "Until you realize we're soulmates."

I fully turned my chair to face him and placed my boot on his chair, "Go back to your desk and finish your work," I rolled my eyes before using my foot to push his chair back to his desk.

He allowed himself to roll away with an amused chuckle, "Whatever you say boss."

I shot him a glare that told him to keep his mouth shut, before I turned my attention to my computer. As I waited for it to turn on, I couldn't help but smile again.

Boss does have a nice ring to it.

—ꨄ—
The Next Day

With the cake sitting on the passenger seat of my car, I pulled into the parking structure and drove to the exact spot I have been parking in everyday for as long as I've worked here, right next to Fred's black Mercedes.

As I was pulling up to the spot and preparing to turn the wheel to go in, a yellow corvette zoomed from the other side and cut me off, going right into the parking space. To avoid hitting them, I slammed on my brakes, causing the cake to fly forward and hit the dashboard, before falling to the floor — nearly ruining it.

"What the actual fuck," I fumed in disbelief as I put my car in park and got out of it, just as the man was getting out of his corvette, "Excuse me," My voice echoed around the structure as he slammed his door closed and looked me dead in the eyes with a smirk.

"Yes?" The blonde man that I have never seen before raised a brow before pressing the button on his keys to lock his car.

"You just cut me off and stole my parking space," Not only that, but he almost caused an accident with his reckless driving.

He shifted his blue eyes away from me and looked at his car, before looking at the wall, and then proceeded to bend down and look under his car. I furrowed my brows as I watched him do all of this, and a few seconds later he stood back up, "I don't see a name anywhere, so first come first serve sweetheart." He met my eyes again with a hint of humor in them.

"I always park in this spot and I know you saw me going for it too." I folded my arms over my chest.

"Yeah I did see you going for it," He smiled with a low chuckle, "That's why I went faster, it's much closer to the elevator." He gestured to the elevator that was about five feet from where he was standing, "These are new shoes and I didn't want to walk too much and risk scuffing them. And once again, there's no name, so next time you should get here a little earlier if you want it that bad."

I knew I couldn't argue further about it since technically it wasn't my assigned spot, everyone just knew that's where I parked. So I barged back to my car with a groan of frustration, "Pretentious asshole."

"What did you just call me?" He asked, prompting me to stop my movements just as I got to my door.

I met his blue eyes once more, "An asshole," I repeated with a strong enunciation. He raised his brows while his face shifted into one of disbelief, "Maybe you should clean out your ears." I added with a condescending smile, deciding to match his attitude.

He narrowed his eyes, "What's your name?"

Without any hesitation, I gave him the middle finger, "And here's my last," I flipped him off with my other hand before sliding into my car and slamming the door shut.

I put my car in drive and drove right past him. I could feel his eyes on me through my tinted windows, but I refused to look in his direction.

Who the hell was that guy anyway? I've never met him before so I was assuming he was someone new. I just pray he's not someone that is going to work on my floor, the last thing I need is someone with his attitude working around me.

I decided to push the stranger out of my head and remind myself that today just might be one of the greatest days of my life, where my hard-work might finally pay off. So after finding a parking spot, I grabbed my purse and the deformed cake from the floor—which still remained in its plastic container—and got out of my car.

After my long walk to the elevator which was followed by a slow elevator ride, I arrived on my floor. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile across my face when I stepped out and said my morning hello's as I walked past everyone's desks. As always they greeted me back with the same kindness and some gave questioning looks at the cake in my hands.

"What the hell happened to it?" Alex asked when he approached my desk.

I placed my purse and keys down on top and sighed, "Some asshole cut me off and took my parking space in the structure, and when I braked," I set the cake next to my bag, "This happened."

My other co-worker and friend, Talia, a short Latina with an award winning attitude—against all men—peaked over my desk at it, "Well, at least it still looks edible. What's the occasion anyway?"

I knitted my brows in confusion, "For the retirement party—"

"Attention everyone, there is an announcement that needs to be made," Fred stepped out of his office, with the President of the company Shmi Skywalker by his side. I have only ever encountered her once before in my years of working here and despite the reputations CEO's have, she is a sweet woman that cares about her company as well as her staff, "Now I know there have been some rumors regarding my retirement, and I am here to tell you that they are not rumors, it is finally happening." He revealed to the room and there were groans of disappointment, and one woman even began to tear up, "I know, I know, but you all knew this was going to happen eventually."

"It's true that we will all miss Fred and the dedication he put into his work. This company will not be the same without him," Shmi placed her hand on Fred's shoulder, "But in his absence, you will all still be in good hands." She smiled around the room, "After long consideration and discussing it with Fred, a replacement has already been decided and they will be stepping into the position as soon as Monday next week."

I stood tall and held my breath. This is it.

My hands were already starting to sweat as I eagerly awaited the announcement. And not just me either, but everyone in the room. They were all nervous to know who our new boss was going to be, because it is a boss who makes or breaks the workplace.

"I would like to introduce you all to the one who will be filling Fred's shoes," She held her hand out, and another placed their hand in hers, "My son, Anakin Skywalker."

The smile I had fell as I felt my heart sink into my stomach. And not just because I was basically told that the job I was dreaming of was not going to be mine—which was devastating on its own—but because I recognized the face of the man who was smiling by Shmi's side.

His eyes lingered around the room before they met mine and the smile he held grew wide. It was him, the pretentious jerk guy from the parking structure. The one I called an asshole and flipped off — he was my new boss.

"Oh fuck."

•─────⋅☾ꨄ☽⋅─────•

Thoughts?

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1K 0 6
I wanted more oneshots and imagines of Anakin So here I am lol REGUESTS ARE OREN!! NO ANGST CAUSE I CANT HANDLE THAT BUT SMUT IS OKAY!
42 1 3
After drinking Varactyl Egg Nog, Anakin drunkenly confesses that he's married. This leads to more confessions and some long overdue conversations, an...
193K 4.6K 16
#7 under Anakin Skywalker. When Anakin Skywalker is seduced to the Dark Side trying to save the person he loves the most, Rose must find a way to s...
4.3K 92 7
When Obi-Wan goes to see Padme before leaving for Utapau, he discovers a secret. She is pregnant with not one, but two, Skywalker children. The unbor...