The Dead Have Risen

Damonthefallen द्वारा

Damon's life was fairly normal before that fateful morning that it all happened. it started with the news rep... अधिक

Chapter 2: My Friend Tries To Eat Me
Chapter 3: A World on Fire

Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

21 0 1
Damonthefallen द्वारा

No one was prepared for the end of the world. Not even the people who were "prepared" for the end of the world. Volcanoes erupting, a virus out break and a winter that seemed like it would go on for ever. I remember that fateful Monday it all began like it was yesterday. Let me start this story from the beginning and tell you all how it began.

First let me introduce myself. My name is Damon and I was a relatively normal 17 year old before all of this started. I went to school got good grades and had lots of friends. I have black hair and blue eyes and can usually be found wearing all black, though my mother doesn't always like that. That morning was a normal Monday, and like all Mondays, I was not feeling it. "Mom, I don't want to go to school," I told my mother as she stood at my bedroom door trying to get me to get out of bed. My mom was very beautiful and got lots of tips at the coffee shop she worked at. She had mid length brown hair and vibrant blue eyes. Her face was diamond shaped but not too pronounced and her features were soft and kind. I only ever saw my mom without a smile on her beautiful face once, the day my dad died in a car accident. "Damon honey, you need to go to school. I don't want to get a call from your school saying you're truant," she said then she smiled and gave me a small wink. I chuckled softly and rolled my eyes knowing that that would not happen for only missing one day. I had only missed one day of school my entire senior year. "Fine, guess I gotta go to school then. I would hate for you to go to jail for me missing one single day of school," I said and we both laughed. "Get dressed silly I'm making eggs and bacon for breakfast," she told me before walking away from the door. I sat up in bed letting the blanket fall away from my bare chest then I stood and walked to my closet to choose an outfit for the day, which wasn't very hard. Most of my clothes were black, but today I decided to humor my mother. I pulled out my black ripped jeans and a red band t-shirt. After pulling those on, I put my black combat boots on and grabbed my black leather jacket. I then went to my bathroom and brushed my hair back putting a bit of gel on it to keep it slicked back then did all of my other normal morning routines. Once I was satisfied I made my way downstairs and put my jacket over the back of my chair. My mom looked up at me and gave a feigned surprised look, "oh, I see you threw a splash of color into all that darkness." I laughed and kissed her on the cheek, "yeah, I figured I'd surprise you on this fine Monday morning." She laughed and I went to pour myself a cup of coffee then sipped it thankful that the caffeine was in there to give me a slightly better start to the day.

After taking a few sips of coffee I walked into the living room to turn on the television, it was on the news since that was what my mom watched at night saying she wanted me to know what was going on in the world, as if I didn't get enough of that at school. I was about to change the channel to see what else was on when the headlining story caught my attention. *"And this morning we are getting reports from all over Hawaii saying that they are having numerous reports of deaths from the continuous lava flow from the six volcanoes, all of which erupted yesterday. The head officials of Hawaii are trying to get together a rescue mission to try to get everyone off of the islands before more people perish in the ash and lava and have reached out to the president for help. In other news, the CDC reports that an explosion occured early this morning that left a hole in the building but they report there is nothing...."* I tuned out at that point and looked up as my mom walked in, "did you hear about this? People in Hawaii are in terrible danger," I said and she nodded with a solemn look on her face. "Well the only thing we can do is hope they make it away from the islands safely. Turn that off and let's eat breakfast and get you to school," she replied and I nodded and turned the television off following her into the dining room sitting at the seat closest to my mom at our round table. There were still three chairs at the table because my mom never wanted to get rid of my dads chair.

My mom brought the bacon and eggs to the table and we started eating breakfast. Afterwards I drove myself to school in my black Camaro and parked in one of the empty spots on the edge of the school parking lot since most of the other people parked close to the doors so they didn't have to walk a long way. I grabbed my bag out of the passenger side of my car and stepped out. I went to lock it when I heard footsteps running up behind me. I turned and was tackled in a tight hug in arms that I knew well and was comfortable with. My girlfriend of two years, Angela, looked up at me and smiled, "hey there handsome." I smiled back at her and hugged her, "good morning Angel," I said then we started walking toward the school hand in hand. She got the nickname Angel from me because she came into my life at the perfect time, when I thought things were the most hopless for me. Plus part of her name was Angel, but she only let me shorten her name like that. She lifted my spirits and reminded me that there was something worth living for. "Did you hear about those volcanoes exploding in Hawaii? Pretty crazy stuff huh?" I asked her as we reached her locker and she nodded, "really crazy, I hope some of the people made it off the island, that would be a scary way to die...trapped by lava on all sides, could you imagine?" She asked and I shook my head. Little did we know at the time that volcanoes in Hawaii would be the least of our worries soon.

Angela and I made our way to my locker so that I could get my things for my first period class. I opened my locker and put my backpack inside then grabbed out my Tomb and a pen then,  after putting my backpack inside, I shut my locker. A tomb was a journal that my first period teacher made us keep so that he could read all of the fun things that go on in our lives, or just read whatever random stuff we wanted to write. My first class was Navy Junior Reserve Training Corps(NJROTC). It was one of my favorite classes because not only was it challenging but I had an amazing chief who taught me many great lessons to get me ready to join the Navy. I wanted to join after high school so I took my first period very seriously. I closed my locker door and turned to look at Angela with a soft smile, "how would you like to go to the movies after school?" I asked her leaning against the lockers. She smiled and nodded, "that, sounds like a wonderful idea," she said putting her hand over mine on my books. "Good, then it's a plan," I said then we both started walking toward her first period class which was Calculus. I looked at her and smiled, "alright Angel, I'll see you after you get out of class okay?" I said and she nodded then we kissed and parted before her teacher got upset and started telling us something about PDA. They always did that and it was upsetting because they always seemed to only see the people who weren't athletes. They saw everyone else except the football boys and the cheerleaders. I waved goodbye to her and smiled before walking toward my first period class. When I entered the classroom, my best friend Chase Aggden walked up to me and attempted to punch my shoulder but I took a step back so that the only thing his fist connected with was the corner of the shoulder of my leather jacket. I looked at him then smirked and shook my head, "dude...epic fail," I said as I walked into the classroom. He followed behind me and let out a puff of air that sounded utterly defeated, "why don't you ever let me get one hit in? You know Casey is watching and I want to impress her!" I rolled my eyes then sat at my desk and Chase sat beside me. "Dude you realize that she has a huge crush on you already right? You really don't have to impress her, she already likes you," I told him then smirked as Casey walked in and she swept her hair behind her ear fluttering her eyelashes at Chase. Apparently he didn't notice this because he looked at me and frowned, "no way, no one just, off the bat, likes me. I mean look at me, I'm a fuckin' potato dude! You're like, the hottest guy in school and being your friend gives me rep points but I still need a little help now and then man!" I gave him a droll stare then looked up as other students walked into the room. I definitely did not think I was popular or hot at all but as the other students walked in I was hyper aware of the amount of students that looked my way. When our chief walked into the classroom I was the first to notice him so I stood up immediately and said, "attention on deck!" Everyone in the room stood instantly and stood at attention with their hands formed into fists at their sides and their backs as straight as a board. Our chief called us to sit back in our seats and we all sat simultaneously. "At ease you can take your seats," our chief said and everyone sat down and watched him carefully to try to get a hint as to what we would be doing that day. Our chief was a short guy with short blonde hair and blue eyes. He was only slightly taller than I was and my height stopped at a depressing 5'4 though everytime I tell someone that they seem very surprised because my attitude makes it seem like I'm taller. Chief's name was John Aden, he had served in the military as a Navy Medic. He had seen a lot of horrible things in his time as a medic and he had sever PTSD but he was one of the best teachers I'd ever had. "Alright everyone, today, instead of doing PT we're going to go over some drill routines from our last year competiotion. Damon you already know about all of this huh?" I looked up at him and smirked then nodded, "definitely Chief." I wasn't just in ROTC as a regular class, I was also on one of the drill teams that went to competitions to see who was the best. There were different schools that competed with each other and the State competion was one of the big competitions that put Navy, Army, Marines, and other branches against each other. It was hard but rewarding at the same time. Chief walked to his computer that was right by my desk at the monent and logged in to it then sat down in the chair beside me. He started to pull up the video then frowned when a notification popped up on the screen, "what the hell?" He clicked on the notification and it pulled up on the white board in front of the class. Just then everyone's phones started going off with the emergency alert sound. The intercom came on throughtout the entire school and the principals voice rang out, "everyone, may I have your attention, please do not panic. The CDC has issued a warning to everyone to go home and stay in your homes. There has been a virus outbreak but they say that there is nothing to worry about. Everyone should just stay in doors for the day and not go outside for any reason. That being said, school has been cancelled and everyone should return home, now!" The intercom cut off and my entire class sat there frozen for a few seconds. Outside the classroom a girls scream broke the silence in the room and my classmates sprung from their seats and started rushing toward the door at once. There was a lot of panic and pushing, and I started getting afraid that people would get trampled. "Chief, excuse me," I said as I got up and stood on his desk. I stomped my foot and used my most commanding voice and called out, "ATTENTION ON DECK!" Everyone froze instantly and turned to look back at me. "Thank you, now, form a fucking line, and exit through the back door in an orderly fashion," I said feeling glad that I was able to get everyone's attention after all of that commotion. They started forming a line and exited the classroom and walked out the back door of the school. It was easy since there was an exit right next to Chief's class. I jumped down from Chief's desk and looked at him, "sorry sir. May we be excused?" I asked and he nodded at me, "thank you for asking for permission Damon." I nodded then grabbed my journal and walked out of the class but instead of exiting like everyone else I went to find Angela. I walked into the main part of the school and was immediately surrounded by panicking students. I looked around and saw Angela coming out of her classroom toward me. "Damon! Damon help me!!" She cried out as the crowd started pushing her toward the front exit. I started trying to fight my way toward her but I couldn't move fast enough. "ANGEL! Move dammit! Angel!" I felt the panic rise in my chest as people started pulling me the other way in a panic to escape. Suddenly I was slammed against a locker and the world tilted around me and I fell to the ground. The last thing I heard before passing out was Angela calling my name in desperation and fear, then the world went black.

-------------------------------

Hello Everyone!! Welcome to my newest story! I hope you enjoyed that first chapter! Yes I did use my own name in this but it is not about me, lol. I will be working on this but I will also be working on my other story as well! Please leave a vote and tell me what you think! <3

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

95.1K 5.1K 33
Pluto thai gl novel မြန်မာဘာသာပြန်
344K 18.8K 43
"You're forcing me to work with them and I'm telling you now that I can't do it." "You've worked with teams before." "Yeah, but none with a jackass i...
20.3K 822 24
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...
104K 22.2K 68
Arc(9)-Arc(14)+Real World+Extra အာဏာရှင်ကုန်းvsနတ်ဘုရားရှို့