Sound of Surviving

TheQuietHufflepuff

Nevaeh and her family are transported to another world. One is cursed to forget and two are cursed to remembe... Еще

Aesthetic and Playlist
Hatter Family Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Hatter Family Season Two
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Hatter Family Season Three
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
Hatter Family Season Four
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Hatter Family Season Five
89
90

35

66 4 0
TheQuietHufflepuff

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Mr. Gold knocked on the door to Mary Margaret's apartment and Emma answered.

"Ready to go, Miss Swan?" Mr. Gold asked, turning to see Nevaeh walking in. "Are you?"

"Almost," Emma replied.

Nevaeh nodded. "Yes, I'm ready." She clutched the shawl Jefferson had given her and smiled lightly.

Mr. Gold entered the apartment and Henry entered the room with a suitcase and his coat.

"Do you think we'll be cold where we're going, or warm?" Henry wondered.

"I think layers are always a good idea," Emma replied.

Mr. Gold frowned. "I thought the terms of our agreement were quite clear. You owe me a favor - you and Nevaeh alone."

"I'm not leaving Henry here with Cora lurking about, so either we all go, or we all stay."

"Then, we'll have to purchase one more plane ticket, won't we?"

Mary Margaret helped Henry put on his jacket as Emma said, "Wait. We're flying?"

"Don't worry, I'm covering expenses. Even the new one."

David overheard the conversation as he came down the stairs and interjected. "You're a real gentlemen, aren't you? All right, Gold, you're going out there with my family. Just know, if anything happens to them..."

"Then you'll what? Cross the town line? And David Nolan will hunt me down in his animal rescue van?"

"I'll be devastated. This isn't a threat. It's a request. Take care of them."

"I promise no harm will come to your family. After all, we have a deal."

---

As they left the apartment, Grace ran up to Nevaeh and hugged her. "I'm going to miss you, Mama."

Nevaeh hugged her stepdaughter and said, "I'll miss you too. You take care of your father and your brother and sister, all right? I'll see you soon."

Jefferson walked up and gave his wife a tender kiss while the twins cuddled up to her.

She placed a hand on her husband's cheek. "Don't miss me too much, all right?"

"Too late," he replied softly. "I love you, Veah."

"I love you, too. I'll see you soon, darling." She kissed him again and rested her forehead to his, then kissed each of her children's heads. "I'll see you three soon."

---

Mr. Gold, equipped with the shawl around his neck, was driving. Nevaeh had the shawl Jefferson gave her, equipped with the same portion Mr. Gold had used. Emma was in the passenger's seat and Henry and Nevaeh were in back. They were heading down a deserted road in Mr. Gold's car.

"So... Where are we going?" Henry asked.

"Logan International Airport," Mr. Gold replied.

"I think he meant after that," Emma said.

"Let just take things one step at a time, shall we?"

"You really think that shawl and scarf are going to work?"

"Well, if it doesn't, and Jackie and I revert to our cursed selves, we're all going to have some problems. It'll work."

They passed the 'Leaving Storybrooke ' sign and a wave of magic passed over Mr. Gold. There was a brief pause.

"So?" Emma wondered.

"My name is Rumpelstiltskin. And we're going to find my son."

Nevaeh glanced at Emma. "My name is Nevaeh Hatter. I'm the White Queen. I'm married to the Mad Hatter, we have three children, my sister is the Red Queen and Captain Hook is my adopted brother." Her voice dropped to a whisper. "My God, my life is complicated."

--

At Mary Margaret's apartment, Mary Margaret was in the kitchen when David entered wearing two gun holsters.

"You like the holster, huh?" she asked.

"I miss carrying a sword," David admitted.

"Well, it looks good on you."

"Come on. Leroy has the dwarves on Cora watch. They've got eyes everywhere, but they could use our help."

"Really? How hard can it be to find a powerful sorceress in a small town?"

They went to leave. When they open the door, they found Regina, who was preparing to knock.

"Apparently, not very hard," David commented.

"Regina," Mary Margaret said. "You're back."

"I know you think I'm responsible for poor Dr. Hopper's death," Regina told them.

"He's... Alive," David informed.

"What?"

"You were framed," Mary Margaret explained.

"Who would do that?"

"Your mother. She's here."

"But... But that's... That's... Not possible."

"When we found a way back, so did she. We were wrong... and we're so sorry."

"I know. But if Cora's here, then we're all in danger. Please, you have to let me see my son. I can protect him."

"He's not here."

"What?"

"Mr. Gold asked Emma and Nevaeh to help him find his son," David replied. "They left town about an hour ago with Henry."

"And no one told me?"

"We didn't know where you were," Mary Margaret answered. "And, to be honest, Regina, I don't think Emma has to run anything by you."

"No, I suppose she doesn't." She left.

"That went well."

"With her, it doesn't get much better," David said. "Come on. Let's go find Cora."

"Where?"

"No idea. But I know who to asked." He handed a quiver of arrows and a bow to Mary Margaret and they left.

---

David, Mary Margaret, Leroy, Jefferson and Hook were at the docks.

Hook, who walked with an obvious limp, said, "You didn't even ask me about my recovery."

"How are you feeling, Hook?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Come closer and feel for yourself."

David hit Hook. "You want to lose the other hand? Where's the ship? Come on. Archie told us. It's shielded somehow, isn't it, mate?"

"Aye... That it is. Follow me. I don't know what you expect to find. Cora won't be there."

Jefferson narrowed his eyes at Hook as he said sharply, "Well, maybe she left something behind that will tell us where she went. Let's go."

"No funny business," Leroy warned. "I'm watching you, pirate."

"Yes, Dwarf," Hook replied. "That should deter me from any maleficence."

"Oh, don't worry, Leroy," Mary Margaret reassured. "He'll help us."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because you're a pirate. You know which way the wind blows, and, right now, it is gusting towards us."

"Oh. I see where your daughter got her gumption. Follow me."

They arrived at the pier where the ship was anchored. Hook walked up the invisible stairs and disappeared behind the shield. The rest followed suit.

"You sailed this ship from our land. Can you sail it back?" Leroy questioned.

"My ship?" Hook replied. "She's a marvel. Made from enchanted wood. We weathered many a storm together, seen many strange, glittering shores. But, to travel between lands, she must go through a portal."

"Yeah. What do you know about Cora's plans?" David asked.

"Cora's not the most communicative of lasses. I will tell you this - whatever malice she has in mind, her weapon of choice is in here."

Hook gestured to a tarp covered box. Leroy and David pulled back the tarp, revealing a cage. Inside, was the shrunken giant from the beanstalk. He was unconscious/sleeping.

"Who's that?" Mary Margaret wondered.

Jefferson frowned and shook his head. "I'm not sure."

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

At the giant's castle, the giants had gathered for dinner. One of them rang a bell to summon Anton.

Anton entered and Arlo  said, "Ah. You're late, Tiny."

"Missed you out in the fields, Tiny," Abraham added.

"It's Anton," Anton corrected.

"But you're just so damn tiny, Tiny."

"All right, enough squabbling," Arlo told them. "Now, today, we celebrate. After a century of hard labor, the time of the bean harvest has finally arrived."

The giants, save Anton, pounded their fists into the table and cheered.

"...Yay," Anton said unenthusiastically.

Arlo continued. "But is a blossom more than its root? Is a harvest more important than a hard day's work? No. Each has value. Just as each of us has value. Hear, hear."

"Hear, hear," the giants repeated as they stood up to toast, but were interrupted by a loud bang. They looked over at Anton. A human-sized harp had slipped from his sleeve onto the table.

"You've been spending time in the treasure room again, haven't you?"

"No," Anton lied. "Maybe. So say that I was. So what?"

"Your fascination with the humans and their artifacts is misguided. No good can come of it."

"How can you say that, when you've never even been to their world? And you won't even let any of us go down there."

"Have you forgotten what the humans did? Why we no longer trade beans with them? They weren't content merely traveling between the realms. They had to conquer and pillage."

"Because a few humans did some bad stuff, doesn't make them all evil."

"They don't abide by the same laws that we do, Anton. We giants foster life. They destroy it. That is why they must never know that we still exist, or that we still grow the beans."

"But why do we keep growing them... If nobody ever uses them?" There was an awkward silence at the table.

"It's what we do."

"We don't do anything with them!"

"It is the labor that makes us who we are. Not the fruit that it yields."

"What is this? A human toy?" Abraham asked as he picked up the harp and inspected it.

"Put it down," Anton told him.

Abraham crushed the harp in his hand and dropped it to the floor. "Not much fun, is it?"

"Abraham, that is enough." Anton got up from the table and ran out of the room. Arlo called after him. "Tiny!"

Anton ran from the castle until he came to the beanstalk. He looked down and pondered. He decided to climb down to earth.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

David, Hook, Leroy, Jefferson and Mary Margaret gathered around Anton's cage.

"So, Cora used magic to make him travel-sized," Leroy said.

"Whatever she intends to do with him, it's important," Hook told them.

"Oh, I think you know exactly what she intends," David retorted. "You're holding out."

"Well, either have your lovely wife torture it out of me, which I promise will be fun for both-"

David grabbed Hook by the throat and shoved him against the wall. "Why don't you and I have some fun?"

"I don't know what she's planning. Why don't you wake the bloody giant and ask him yourself?"

Hook extended the key to the cage. Mary Margaret took it and unlocked the door. She crouched down and touched Anton on the shoulder who startled awake.

"Hey... It's all right," Mary Margaret told him. "You're safe now." Anton crawled out of the cage. "What's your name?"

"Anton," the shrunken giant replied. "Where's that witch?"

"She's gone."

"What did she do? She made me small."

"Come on. Let's get you out of here," David said.

"You."

"Me?"

"You!" He punched David in the face, causing him to fly backwards.

"David!" Mary Margaret cried.

"Hey!" Leroy called. "Hey, over here, you big-"

Leroy attempted to distract Anton, but was thrown down the stairs of the ship. Anton lunged at David who had drawn his gun. He easily hit it out of his hand.

Mary Margaret shot an arrow past Anton's head and ordered, "Step away from my husband."

"You may have me outnumbered, but this isn't over," Anton warned. "You think I forgot what you did? I didn't. You'll pay for your evil. I promise! You'll pay!" He fled the ship.

---

Belle was watching television in a common room at the hospital.

Ruby entered with a basket of items. "Hey. You don't remember me, do you?"

"Sorry, no, I... I don't," Belle replied.

"I'm Ruby. You used to come into my Granny's diner a lot. Before. I thought you could use some comforts from home. You were always telling me about Jules Verne, so I brought you my favorite - The Mysterious Island."

"Thank you. Were... Were we really friends?"

"Yeah, we were."

"Then tell me the truth. Before I was brought here, I was hurt. I was bleeding, and then this man came. And he... He healed me. Then, I saw him hold a ball of fire in his hands. How... How is that possible?!"

"The nurse said the tranquilizers can give you wicked nightmares."

"No, I know what I saw. And I don't need any more tranquilizers or-"

"Belle..."

"Don't call me that. Why does everyone keep calling me that?" A nurse entered to restrain her. "I don't... I'm telling you, I don't..."

"Take it easy. Take it easy," the nurse told her, sitting her down in a chair and injecting a sedative into Belle's arm.

"Has she been like this the whole time?" Ruby asked.

"More or less. We've had to keep her heavily sedated. Okay, let's get you back to bed."

"No..." Belle protested.

"Here we go. There." She escorted Belle from the room.

Greg entered and had seen the outburst. "Everything okay in here?"

"Everything's fine, Mr. Mendell," Ruby replied. "She's all right. How are you?"

"Much improved."

"Well, then, rest up. The sooner you're better, the sooner you can be out of our quiet little town."

Scarlet, who'd gone to try to visit Belle, with her nieces and nephew, stared at Greg suspiciously.

---

David, Mary Margaret, Jefferson and Leroy were sitting in a booth at Granny's Diner.

"David... Did the giant just say he'll make you pay? For what?" Mary Margaret wondered.

"I have no idea," David answered. "I've never seen that guy before."

"Well, he sure knows you," Leroy said.

"No. It's not about me. He just thinks it is."

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

At his castle, James and barely-clothed Jack were having a makeout session.

"You are a true wonder," James said.

"I know," Jack replied.

James picked her up and carried her to the bed. He dropped her onto it, and the two of them resumed where they left off. However, King George entered and interrupted.

"I didn't know you had company, James," King George said.

"Father," James greeted. "This is my father, the King. Father, this is-"

"I don't care. The kingdom is teetering on bankruptcy. The name of your latest dalliance is of little concern to me."

"Pleasure to meet you, too, Your Majesty," Jack said.

"Good day."

"Care for a drink, Father?" James asked as he went over to a side table to pour himself a drink.

"There'll be time for that later. Right now, there's trouble afoot. I just received word that there's a giant running amok in the outer village."

"I thought giants were extinct."

"I'd love the chance to battle one," Jack said.

"No. No killing," King George told them. Not yet, anyway. This giant could be of use to us."

"Just tell me what needs to be done," James stated.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - GRANNY'S DINER

"Your brother," Mary Margaret realized. "That's who he thinks you are."

"It's the only thing that makes sense. Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"To find out just what kind of trouble my brother got himself into. Leroy, get your head looked at and gather the dwarves. We need to keep an eye out for this giant."

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Anton had successfully climbed down the beanstalk. He came to a tavern, where he leaned down and peered inside the window. Seeing as he couldn't fit, he got up and turned to leave. However, James and Jack noticed him and chased after him.

"If you want some ale, you should ask!" James said. "They'll serve anyone who can pay, my friend. I'm James – Prince of this realm. I wanted to make sure you received a warm welcome."

"I'm Anton," Anton replied. "I'm a giant."

"Yeah, I can see that. What brings you to our land?"

"I've always been fascinated with your customs. I just... Wanted to see it for myself."

"Well, we would be more than happy to show you around. Of course, there's the matter of your size."

"I'm too small for back home, I'm too big for here."

"Don't despair, Anton," Jack told him. "I have something that may help you."

"What is it?"

Jack pulled out a small piece of mushroom. "Magic. A piece of mushroom from a far-off land. I once slayed a Jabberwock that was terrorizing a village, and they... They couldn't pay me in gold, so they paid me with this, instead. If you eat it, it will change your size. Its effects are temporary, but we have more." Anton reached down and Jack dropped the mushroom piece into his hand. "I'm pretty sure this one makes you smaller."

"Pretty sure?"

"Well, I haven't had the occasion to try it, but... The wise woman who gave it to me swore by its power."

"Go on, Anton," James encouraged. "Give it a try."

"I have no way to repay you for your kindness," Anton said.

"No need," Jack told him. "If it makes you happy, that's all the payment that we desire."

"Well, then at least tell me your name."

"Jacqueline. But... Most people call me Jack."

"Nice to meet you, Jack."

BOSTON

Emma, Henry, Mr. Gold and Nevaeh arrived at the airport. They picked up their boarding passes from the desk and entered the line for security.

Nevaeh studied the airport with a wary expression. "We will be safe, right?"

"Have you ever been outside of Storybrooke before, Mr. Gold?" Henry asked. "I don't think Nevaeh has. We'll be okay."

"No," Mr. Gold replied.

"Are you worried about meeting your son?"

"No, Henry, I'm fine."

"How about we talk about all this later," Emma suggested. "We're next."

Henry and Emma began taking off their shoes to put in the boxes.

"It must be really hard not to use magic - being like everyone else," Henry said.

"You've got to put your shoes in."

"How terribly uncivilized," Mr. Gold commented before taking off his shoes.

Nevaeh took off her shoes as well. "How strange."

Henry went through the metal detector and glanced back at Nevaeh with a smile. "Just tell me if you feel scared and we can tell stories."

He listened as the TSA Agent said, "Uh, scarf, shawl and cane go in the basket."

"What?" Mr. Gold and Nevaeh asked.

"Scarves and cane go in the basket."

"I can't."

"You have to," Emma told them.

The man behind them said, "It ain't rocket science, buddy, miss. You two ever been on a plane before?"

"Have you ever been impaled upon a can before?" Mr. Gold shot back.

Nevaeh remained silent, but her eyes were wide.

"My... Father and cousin are a little nervous," Emma replied. "We're headed to a family reunion. Sorry."

"Father?" Mr. Gold repeated.

"Cousin?" Nevaeh repeated with a frown.

"Just put your shawls in the bin," Emma told them. "I'll help you two get through."

"If I let this go, I could forget who I am," Mr. Gold said. "So could she."

Nevaeh shook her head. "I don't want to forget my children and husband."

"I'm not going to let that happen," Emma told them.

"Okay," Mr. Gold and Nevaeh agreed.

Mr. Gold and Nevaeh took off the shawls and put them in the box with his cane. When he did so, he stumbled. He went through the metal detector with a blank expression. Nevaeh went through with an equally blank expression. Emma grabbed the shawls from the box on the other side and put them around their necks. Mr. Gold and Nevaeh gave a slight nod and they began putting their shoes back on.

"Guys, there's a Cinnabon here!" Henry cried.

Nevaeh tilted her head. "What is... Cinnabon?"

"The best cinnamon rolls in the entire world. You have to try one."

"Maybe I will."

STORYBROOKE

Hook entered a deserted alley near the docks. He placed a card - the Queen of Hearts - onto the ground. When he turned, Regina had appeared behind him.

"Hello, Hook," Regina greeted.

"Regina," Hook said.

"Expecting my mother? The one you were supposed to kill?"

"Oh, that. Well, I didn't want to deprive you of a happy reunion."

"Well, it's your lucky day. She and I have made amends."

"And you're here to thank me? How sweet."

"She wants to know if they've found the ship."

"Well, you can tell her, she can ask me herself."

"She decided it wouldn't be prudent for her to be out and about."

"Well, then it is my lucky day. And you can tell her they found the ship."

"Well, did you get her things off it?"

"I've been tied up in bed - not in the good way."

"She needs her things."

"Oh, I'll bet she does. Well, there's good news, then. A giant got loose from the hold."

"You lost a giant?!"

"Well, a shrunken giant."

"How is that good news?"

"Because, when he got free, he took one look at the Prince, and became extremely murderous."

"Hm. A giant in town who wants to kill the Prince. This is just the distraction we need."

"That it is, dear."

---

Anton was attempting to navigate the streets of Storybrooke. He dodged cars as they honked at him.

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Anton, who was now small, James, and Jack entered the tavern. James pulled out a chair for Anton, and the three of them sat at a table.

"Much better to be on the inside, huh?" James said. "Please. You're the guest of honor."

"No fighting for a seat at the table," Anton stated. "If my brothers could see me now..."

"I'm not so sure about this family of yours, Anton," Jack admitted. "It doesn't sound like they appreciate you."

"They're not so bad. Except for the... Making fun of me. And the pushing me around. And the harsh words. Well, yeah, it's sort of bad."

"Sometimes, you have to leave home to find the people you...truly belong with. Your real family," James told him.

"It's like you were always meant to be here, Anton," Jack added.

"Now, make sure our Anton has all that he needs." He got up and headed to the other side of the pub. In the corner, a group of people were playing music. One of them was playing a harp.

"I had one of those once," Anton said. "I never knew it made such beautiful music. My brothers are so wrong about humans." He overheard James arguing with another man.

"It's unacceptable!" James yelled. "Go back there and tell him what I said. Promise them anything. I don't care-"

"Is there a problem?"

"He didn't tell you, did he? The royal coffers are empty," Jack informed. "James and his father are deeply in debt to a neighboring kingdom."

"I don't understand."

"If James can't pay back what he owes, they'll plunder this realm, and burn it to the ground."

"Now I understand."

"It's bad."

"Will the other kingdom only accept gold coins?"

"Well, it depends. A magic bean, for instance, would be worth a thousand coins, but... You don't have any of those back home. ...Do you?"

"No. No beans. We do have treasure. Enough to pay off your debts, I bet."

"You would help us?"

"Without question. If I'm going to stay here for good, might as well make sure it's a nice kingdom and not, you know – burned to the ground."

"You are our hero."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

In the woods, Anton was sitting on a log and looking forlornly at the river. Regina approached him.

"Get away from me!" Anton cried.

"I'm here to help you," Regina told him.

"No. You're human. I hate humans." She continued walking towards him. "Don't come any closer! Or I'll kill you."

"Look, I hear you're in town 'cause you want to kill someone. I can help. I have no love for this Prince, either, and if you want to destroy this town to get to him... Well, I'm happy to do my part. This will make you bigger. It will return you to your former glory."

He took the proffered mushroom and took a bite. In a puff of blue smoke, he returned to his former giant size.

"Now, get to work!" Regina said. "As I'm sure you're aware, that mushroom won't last forever."

BOSTON

Emma, Mr. Gold, Henry and Nevaeh were waiting by their gate. Mr. Gold was pacing back and forth. Jackie was sitting and bouncing her leg up and down.

"Do you want something to eat?" Emma asked.

"No," Mr. Gold and Nevaeh answered.

"Is something wrong?"

"Stop asking me that!" Mr. Gold yelled. "I'll be right back." He left.

Nevaeh stared out the window with a wary expression.

Mr. Gold entered the public bathroom. He entered one of the stalls and locked the door. Still anxious, he started pacing back and forth, until he dropped his cane and began violently punching the toilet seat cover dispenser on the wall. Afterward, Mr. Gold leaned against the wall and looked down at his bloodied hand,. He waved his hand over the wounds, but nothing happened. He tried again with the same result.

Henry entered the bathroom and called, "Mr. Gold? Mr. Gold? We're boarding soon. Are you coming?"

Mr. Gold ignored Henry.

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Anton had returned to the castle and was gathering treasure.

Arlo found him there and said, "Anton. Anton, where have you been? We were worried."

"I needed to get away for a little while," Anton replied. "So, I went down below to see things for myself."

"You went to the human world? Do you have any idea how dangerous that could be?"

"I met friends there – friends who understand me. Who like me. And I plan to go back for good."

"Anton... I know we tease you. But we love you. You're our brother. You know that. You expect these humans to just welcome you with open arms? You could crush them."

"There's magic that can change me to their size. And, with this treasure, we can all be happy."

Outside, the sound of birds could be heard.

"Sentry birds," Arlo stated. "Someone has trespassed on our land. You told the humans you were coming here, didn't you? You showed them the beanstalk."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Mary Margaret, Jefferson and David watched from a distance as Anton terrorized the town.

"That's right!" Anton yelled. "Run! Run!"

Anton picked up a car and threw it in David and Mary Margaret's direction, then continued his path of destruction. The citizens of Storybrooke scrambled for safety as Mary Margaret, Jefferson and David followed Anton.

"Head to the town hall!" David instructed. "Bring anyone you find on the way! Somebody get Leroy!"

"Guess we found our giant," Mary Margaret commented. "I just didn't think he would be so..."

"Giant?"

"My mistake."

"Ever stop one before?"

"Nope."

"Well... Here's to new firsts." He yelled to Anton to get his attention. "Wait! You don't have to do this!"

"Yeah, I do," Anton replied. "You destroyed everything in my life. Now you're going to know what that feels like."

"The man who hurt you? That wasn't me. That was my twin brother James. We were separated at birth. He was raised by a... A ruthless king."

"You're not James?"

"No!"

"Then where is he?"

"He paid the ultimate price for his arrogance. He's dead! There is nothing more you can do to him."

"We're on your side, Anton!" Mary Margaret added. "We're here because of you. You know our daughter Emma and our friend Scarlet. You gave our daughter the magic compass."

"Emma? Scarlet?" Anton repeated. "Let me talk to them. They say you're okay, then I'll stop."

Leroy arrived and joined Mary Margaret who said, "She's kind of out of town. Scarlet is busy babysitting."

"Really?"

"But when she gets back, I know she'll really want to talk to you."

"How convenient. Everyone I'm looking for isn't around! All you humans do is lie, and cheat, and kill, and I'm sick of it!" He charged after them.

Jefferson stared up at Anton. "Not all of us do."

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Anton and Arlo headed to the beanstalk, where they found James and Jack.

"Humans," Arlo said. "Let's kill them."

"No, no, no!" Anton yelled. "It's not like that. Arlo, these are my friends, James and Jack. Guys, you didn't have to come up here. The treasure's ready to go."

"Oh, we're not here for the treasure," James told him. "We're here for the beans. All of them."

"But... You're my friends. H-how-"

Jack drew her sword as she said, "No, we're not. If you and your people want to save your lives, take us to the beans."

"No," Arlo argued. "We may live in peace, but we will fight to protect what is ours."

"Then a fight is what you shall have," James said as he drew his sword.

Jack and James charged towards the giants.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Mary Margaret, David, Jefferson and Leroy ran down the streets of Storybrooke as Anton chased after them.

"So let me get this straight - you got a twin brother?" Leroy asked.

"Yeah," David replied.

"His name is James?"

"Right."

"Well, your name is James."

"No, actually, it's not."

"It's Charming, then?"

"No, that's the nickname I gave him," Mary Margaret said.

"Hey, hold on. What the hell is your name?"

"David," David answered.

"Your curse name?"

"My real name!"

"What, you're David, James, and Charming? Is David like a middle name?"

"No! It's my name-name."

"You know what? I'm going to call you whatever I damn well please! Is that okay?!"

"Sure, Leroy."

Jefferson rolled his eyes. "Can we please stop arguing about names and focus on trying to stay alive?"

"So, what's the plan?" Leroy asked.

"Lead the giant away from here, so he can't hurt anyone," David replied.

"Wait," Mary Margaret said. "If we keep heading in this direction, we're going to hit the town line."

"Okay, new plan."

The four stopped near the docks and David approached the giant.

"What are you doing?" Mary Margaret and Jefferson questioned.

"Giving him what he wants," David answered. "Anton! How about we make a deal?"

"I don't make deals with humans," Anton retorted.

"Just hear me out. I'll surrender myself to you, if you spare the lives of everyone in Storybrooke."

"David, you can't do this," Mary Margaret told him.

"If you don't, the whole town will suffer. I can't allow that. Well, what do you say?"

"Deal," Anton agreed.

Anton lunged towards David and tried to jump on him. Mary Margaret pulled David out of the way at the last second and Anton ended up jumping straight through the ground. Stuck, the mushroom's effects wore off and Anton seemed to disappear in a puff of blue smoke. All that was left was a large hole in the ground.

"Where did he go?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I'm not sure," David replied.

"Down?" Jefferson guessed with a shrug."

They stepped closer to the hole to investigate and found Anton hanging onto an underground pipe.

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Anton ran through the castle as the battle raged outside. He met up with Arlo who said, "Anton. The human armies are overrunning us. Abraham and Andre have fallen. The human swords are poisoned. "

"This is all because of me," Anton told him. "I've ruined everything."

"No, you still have a chance to save us."

"How?"

"The beans, Anton. You must raze the fields."

"No!"

"If the humans take the beans, they will bring their violence to every realm. It is your birthright to protect the beans. Right now, that means destroying them."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

The dwarves, Granny and Ruby arrived on scene with a truck and some rope. Anton was still hanging on the pipe below.

"That better hold," David said.

"It'll hold," Leroy told him.

"Hopefully," Jefferson mumbled, earning looks. "Sorry."

"I got this," Granny stated, tying the rope to the back of the truck and Leroy threw the rope down the side of the hole.

Mary Margaret kissed David. "Most people would let that giant die after what he's done."

"You wouldn't," David noted, wrapping the rope around his waist and began shimmying down the hole. "All right, Anton, I'm coming down!" He got down to Anton and extended his hand. "Take my hand."

"No!" Anton yelled.

"No?"

"I don't want to go back up there. I should just let go!"

"You'll die."

"Maybe death hurts less than life."

"If you really wanted to die, you would have let go already. Now take my hand!"

Anton grabbed David's hand and the people above pulled them out of the hole.

"Come on," Leroy said.

"Almost! A little more!" Mary Margaret replied.

David and Anton were successfully pulled up. Mary Margaret hugged David.

"You saved my life," Anton told David.

"That's what we do," David replied.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome," Leroy commented.

"We're not all the same, Anton," David said. "I don't know what my brother did to you, but... That's not us."

"You have no idea," Anton stated.

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

In the treasure room, Jack was fighting Arlo while James stuffed treasure into a sack. Jack stabbed Arlo in the ankle with the sword, causing him to yell in pain. However, Jack wasn't quick enough to get away, and Arlo grabbed Jack.

"James!" Jack cried as Arlo took Jack's sword and stabbed her with it. He then tossed her and the sword onto the ground. He fell over due to the poison, just as Anton entered the room.

"Arlo?" Anton said. "No... No, no, no, no!

James, having filled the sack with treasure, went to leave.

Jack, who was dying on the floor, called, "James! Please..."

"I'm sorry, Jack," James said. "But I have a kingdom to run. I'm sure you understand." James left, leaving Jack behind.

Anton tended to Arlo who said, "Anton... The poison. It's in my blood. Did you..."

"All destroyed," Anton told him. "The fields and every last bean."

"Oh, good. Good. That's what's important."

"No. Everyone else is dead. You can't die, too, please!"

"I know your path is hard. But someday, you will know which road to choose. And when you do, you will need this." Arlo took out a vial with a piece of beanstalk inside. He handed it to Anton. "A preserved cutting... from the stalk. Plant it. New beans will grow."

"You had me salt the land. Nothing can grow here."

"Then someday, you will find... New land."

"How? Arlo? Arlo?! No..."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

The group entered Granny's Diner.

"This is Granny's," Leroy informed. "She makes a mean lasagna and runs an inn, so I'm sure we can set you up with a room till you find a place."

"Thanks, but I think I'll set up camp in the woods," Anton replied.

"The woods?"

"Yeah, I'm better off alone. I'm not too good at fitting in."

"You're in the right place. Storybrooke's got all kinds - dwarves, fairies, werewolves, you name it. Ruby, beers all around!"

"We all miss our land, Anton," Mary Margaret told him. "But this is our home now."

"You never think about going back?" Anton asked.

"Of course we do. It's just not possible."

"We have no way to get there," David added.

"How's the farmland here?" Anton questioned.

"Pretty good. Why?"

Anton took out the vial with the piece of beanstalk. "The stem is from a beanstalk. If I plant it, it should be able to grow some magic beans. And then, you just may have a way."

Grace walked up to her father, who was near David, Mary Margaret and Anton and said, "We can go home?"

Jefferson smiled at her and nodded. "It's looking like a high possibility."

"Mama will love that."

"Yes, she will."

---

Mary Margaret, David, Anton, Scarlet and the dwarves gathered in a field. Anton checked the soil.

"Well, what's the verdict?" David wondered.

"Soil's got a nice loamy feel," Anton replied. "Lots of minerals. The beans should grow well here. Only one problem."

"What's that?" Mary Margaret and Scarlet asked.

"Cora. This is why she brought me. She wanted me to grow beans. So whatever she plans to do with them... Can't be good."

"Then we won't let her get to them."

"No one touches our crop," Leroy said.

"Your crop?" Anton repeated. "I thought you guys were miners?"

"Work is work. it's what we do. So what do you say? You up for some help?"

"Okay."

"Happy!" Leroy called and Happy handed an axe to Anton. "Here. To help break up the earth."

Anton looked down, and the name 'Tiny' appeared on the handle. "'Tiny'. My brothers used to call me that."

"Axe never lies."

David frowned. "Wait a second. I did my time in the mines. How come  didn't get one of those?"

"'Cause you ain't a dwarf. Welcome aboard, brother."

Scarlet chuckled lightly. "Try not to sound so disappointed, David."

The dwarves and Anton began hacking away at the earth while they whistled.

---

Belle was reading in her room at the hospital.

Greg entered. "Hey. It's okay."

"Who, uh... Who are you?" Belle asked.

"My name's Greg, okay? I... I'm a patient here, just like you. I... I'm really sorry to bother you, but... I'm the one that was driving the car in... In the accident."

"Oh. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, they, um... They patched me up pretty good. Look, I... I overheard you talking. About how you saw a guy with a ball of fire."

"And you think I'm crazy, too. Well, I did see it. I-"

"Hey, I know that you're not crazy."

"You do?"

"'Cause I saw it, too."

---

David exited Granny's Diner with two coffees. He handed one to Mary Margaret, who was waiting outside.

"Here's to not getting squashed by a giant," David said.

"I'll drink to that," Mary Margaret replied.

"Sometimes I wonder how things would've turned out if I had been raised by King George instead of my brother. You know, would I have been... corrupt like him?"

"Never."

"Same blood ran through our veins."

"Mm, but your hearts are different. You may not believe it, but trust me - I know you, Charming. I had a lot of fun today."

"Fun?"

"Uh-huh."

"Almost getting killed is fun?"

"Yeah. I missed our adventures."

"Me, too. It was kind of fun. You know, we could this all the time. When the beans grow, we could go back. Everyone could go home."

"I don't know."

"What don't you know?"

"Home is where our family is. And that's here. I don't know if Emma would come with us, and I am not going to be separated from her again."

"You're worried about her."

"Aren't you?"

"Of course, but... Emma... Emma can take care of herself, and I'm sure wherever she, Henry and Nevaeh are, they're safe."

BOSTON

Emma, Henry, Mr. Gold and Nevaeh had boarded the plane and were waiting for takeoff. Henry had a box of cinnamon buns on his lap.

"You good, kid?" Emma asked.

"You kidding?" Henry replied. "A trip with you, first plane ride, and we're going on a quest like in the book. The only thing that could make this day better? Is more frosting."

Nevaeh closed her eyes as she gripped the armrests so tightly her knuckles turned white. "The sooner we're off this, the better."

Emma looked down and noticed Mr. Gold's bandaged hand. "It's going to be all right. We're going to find your son."

"I know," Mr. Gold said.

The takeoff announcement began. "Welcome folks, to Ajira Airlines regional flight fifty-three, with nonstop service to New York City. Our flight time tonight is forty-two minutes. Please sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride."

The plane engines started. Mr. Gold stared blankly ahead. Nevaeh continued gripping the armrests, praying she'd be able to see her husband and children again.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

2.4K 67 33
Freyja possesses a great power only few know. Fate brings her to a lonely traveler and his daughter and all is well... Until a curse is cast, sendin...
7.6K 442 29
After years as being seen as a villain, Regina; the Evil Queen, has a chance to be a hero after a magical tribe from the realm Eldaland invades Story...
125K 4.1K 104
***The sequel to Dreams Comes True*** This book occurs after Regina confesses to Gold that she will get revenge for Cora's death. While trying to st...
10.8K 274 16
**Season 4 AU of Once Upon A Time *Marian never returned *Robin didn't leave *Regina never drank the anti fertility potion The Snow Queen was defeat...