Sarina Maxine

By hanaripinku

Tyler Hanson is the top detective of Greenwaters, Illinois. His priority is to find his brother who was kidna... More

Sarina (Chapter 1)
Tyler (Chapter 2)
Sarina (Chapter 3)
Tyler (Chapter 4)
Sarina (Chapter 5)
Tyler (Chapter 6)
Sarina (Chapter 7)
Tyler (Chapter 8)
Javier (Chapter 9)
Sarina (Chapter 10)
Tyler (Chapter 11)
Grace (Chapter 12)
Tyler (Chapter 14)
Sarina (Chapter 15)
Grace (Chapter 16)
Tyler (Chapter 17) 🔞
Javier (Chapter 18)
Tyler (Chapter 19)
Josh (Chapter 20)
[Name] (Chapter 21)
Sarina (Chapter 22)
Tyler (Chapter 23)
Sarina (Chapter 24)
Character Introduction (Sarina Maxine)
Tyler (Chapter 25)
Josh (Chapter 26)
Javier (Chapter 27)
Andy (Chapter 28)
Sarina (Chapter 29)
Character Introduction (Tyler Hanson)
Tyler (Chapter 30)
Andy (Chapter 31)
Grace (Chapter 32)
Josh (Chapter 33)
Sarina (Chapter 34)
Javier (Chapter 35)
Character Introduction (Javier Hernandez)
Sarina (Chapter 36)
Tyler (Chapter 37)🎃
Sarina (Chapter 38)
Javier (Chapter 39)
Josh (Chapter 40)🔞
Tyler (Chapter 41)
Sarina (Chapter 42)
Character Introduction (Josh Weiß)
Andy (Chapter 43)
Josh (Chapter 44)
Javier (Chapter 45)
Sarina (Chapter 46)🔞
Tyler (Chapter 47)
Grace (Chapter 48)
Sarina (Chapter 49)
Tyler (Chapter 50)🔞
Sarina (Chapter 51)
Tyler (Chapter 52)🔞
Josh (Chapter 53)🔞
Character Introduction (Grace Campbell)
Javier (Chapter 54)
Grace (Chapter 55)
Josh (Chapter 56)
Sarina (Chapter 57)
Tyler (Chapter 58)
Andy (Chapter 59)🔞
Tyler(Chapter 60)🔞
Josh (Chapter 61)
Javier (Chapter 62)
Character Introduction (Fadila "Remmy" Haddad)
Character Introduction (Dyon Miles)
Sarina (Chapter 63)
Tyler (Chapter 64)
Javier (Chapter 65)
Sarina (Chapter 66)
Josh (Chapter 67)
Tyler (Chapter 68)
Sarina (Chapter 69)🎄
Andy (Chapter 70)
Javier (Chapter 71)
Tyler (Chapter 72)
Sarina (Chapter 73)
Tyler (Chapter 74)
Andy (Chapter 75)
Josh (Chapter 76)
Tyler (Chapter 77)🔞
Sarina (Chapter 78)
Tyler (Chapter 79)
Andy (Chapter 80)
Thank you!

Sarina (Chapter 13)

45 2 7
By hanaripinku

"Over here are the list of the recipes, it's super easy. It's not like following a recipe book."

Today's the first day at my new job. My coworker Angie is teaching me the ropes, she's really nice.

"So basically, you read this. For example, for a tropical smoothie you'll first ask what size they want. Then you use one of these cups as your measurements. Bananas, pineapples, and mangoes. Then you add some syrup and ice and press blend. Take the cup, pour it in and there you have it."

"Looks easy...what about the register...I feel like I'll suck at that", I said.

"Don't worry about that. I wasn't good at it in the beginning either."

We walked to the register.

"So you look for tropical, click the size, if there is anything the customer added, you go to extras and then select what they added. It'll be an extra charge. If they ask you how much an extra item is you can go here and then back out of it. Once you have everything all set you just click total and then click card or cash. After that it's easy."

"Okay, I think I got it."

"Don't worry, I have the same schedule as you. I'll be here to help."

"Thank you so much", I said with a smile.

Angie spent the first hours of the shift helping me and soon I was taking care of customers by myself. Soon we went on break. Angie and I sat down together, enjoying our smoothies.

"So I heard this is your first job", she said.

"Yep."

"You're young so it's a good first job for you."

"How old are you?"

"23. Not my ideal job but it buys food for my son and I."

"How old is your son?"

"Six. Being a teen mom was hard, but I don't regret having my son. He's super smart, top of the class in school."

"That's great, he'll take care of you some day."

"I always joke around telling him that. When you're rich, you'll take care of mommy."

We both laughed.

"I think about going to college but that's pricy so I might settle on some kind of certification somewhere", she said.

"That's smart. I don't know what I want to do if I go to college. I don't know what to do with my life at all."

"Don't worry about it. You'll figure it out, trust me. Sometimes life will hit you out of nowhere and you'll learn to embrace it."

"That's true", I said.

"So, have a boyfriend", she said in a singing tone.

"No...never did really."

"Honestly, that's good. My son's no-good father was a waste of my time. I got pressured into getting a boyfriend because that's what everyone was doing. So please, take your time."

I actually feel a bit better knowing dating as a teen was an opportunity worth missing.

"Do you have anyone in your life now", I asked.

"Yeah...Fletcher...he's the manager here. He's...well, not the best type of boyfriend."

"He doesn't hurt you does he?"

"Oh no, he would never lay a finger on me or my son. I'll knock him out before he even thinks about it."

I laughed.

"How is he not the best?"

"He's lazy, lazy boyfriend and lazy manager. He's not father material either."

"How long have you been with him?"

"About three months. He became the manager here about six months ago and was hitting on me. I figured why not, I don't live with him or anything, glad I don't. My mom wouldn't allow her grandson to be with any man who she doesn't approve of, I agree with her."

"That's good. If I were in your shoes, I would feel the same way. You hear too many scary stories."

"Exactly. I think I will be breaking things off with him soon. These days he's been acting weird...like secretive."

"How so?"

"I don't know. He says he hangs out with his friends a lot but doesn't tell me who. One day I took his phone without him looking. He was texting this guy about...."

She became quiet, hesitating to tell me.

"You can tell me, if it's secret I swear I won't tell."

"Actually...I do want this secret to come out. I'm just afraid to do it. He's been, selling drugs I think. You don't make lots of money here so I was surprised he even chose to work here. You see, he's family has money. I went to his house once, I met his brother, he went to the high school here."

"Greenwater high school", I asked.

"Yeah, he graduated with your class I think."

"What's his name? Maybe I know him?"

She took a moment to think about it.

"I think it started with an A...um...Ashton I think it was. Yeah, he played football."

He must have been on Javi's football team!

"Do you by chance know his friend's names", I asked.

"No, sorry."

"That's okay. Do you know anything about what Fletcher's involved with", I asked.

"Not really. He just communicated with this guy about meeting up to discuss what they are selling and how many people he found to add. I don't know what they meant about adding."

"Sounds to me like Fletcher is recruiting people to a gang."

"A gang!"

She quickly covered her mouth.

"A gang", she whispered.

"I don't know for sure but...it sounds like it, doesn't it", I asked.

"Yeah...I guess...if that's the case, I don't want any part of him."

"It's best if you break up with him now then", I said.

"Yeah...but before I do...I should transfer those text messages to myself, or better yet, get his phone", she said. "It'll be revenge for being an ass to me."

"That's dangerous Angie, think about your son."

"Don't worry, he won't know it's me. He's a slob, constantly losing everything."

"If you're going to do that then maybe you can help me", I said.

"What do you mean?"

I explained to her that Fletcher's younger brother Ashton might know Javi. I didn't tell her names as Javi told me I can't tell anyone. I just told her that there might be a mutual connection with the people we know and that they are involved in the same illegal activities.

"I'm sorry I have to be vague", I said.

"It's okay, I understand."

"I'll let you know tomorrow what the plan is."

"Sounds good. Oh my gosh, we are like, going to do something incredible."

"Yeah."

I just hope this isn't too dangerous.

The next day...

"Freak'n Fletcher. I bet that's how Ashton got introduced to this shit", Javi said angrily.

"Angie said she can get his phone but...I think it's too risky. She has a son after all", I said.

"I agree with you but, if she manages to get his phone, that's good."

"And then what? We can't track down criminals by ourselves", I said.

"No we can't. I wish we knew some cops."

I went silent for a moment before speaking.

"We do...I mean, I do."

"What?"

"I know a few cops."

I told Javi about the pool party I went to with Grace.

"So you know the cop that was at our school?"

"I don't really know him but, we've bumped into each other too many times to be just strangers. His friend, Josh is really nice too as well as Remmy and Miles."

"Geeze Sarina, and you said your life if boring."

I rubbed the back of my head as I giggled.

"I guess things are just taking off now. Maybe it was meant to be that I ran into these guys. I mean what are the odds you know a criminal and I know some officers."

"That's true. Actually, this works out. I know it's all a movie thing but, there are corrupt cops as well as politicians. We don't know if any of them is involved with this as well. I think it's better to go to cops you know than with the ones you don't know."

"Yeah, you make a point."

"So, are you going to tell them", he asked.

"I feel like I have to. It's too much to stay quiet about. Angie can't go to the police and you either."

Javi looked worried.

"Just...be careful Maxine. I don't want anything happening to you."

"Same goes for you. You'll be starting your training at the Air Force in just a few days, right?"

"Yeah, that means I won't be here to protect you."

"I'll be fine. We all have a job to do right? For now, this is what I have to do. I'll tell you everything, I promise."

After I had my talk with Javi, I went to the smoothie shack. It was my day to work but I had other plans.

"Hey, Angie."

She turned around.

"Hey Sarina, ready to work?"

"Not today. I came by to tell you I'm not feeling that great. Mind covering for me?"

She gave me a look, understanding what I really meant.

"Of course. Here, have a smoothie on me", she said.

She handed me a smoothie along with a small bag.

"An extra treat on me."

"Thanks Angie, you're the best."

She gave me a nod, mentally telling me to be careful. I responded in the same way.

I took a bus to the Greenwaters Police Department. I felt really nervous. This is totally out of my comfort zone.

I walked up to the front desk.

"Um...is officer Hanson here?"

"Do you have an appointment with him?"

"N-No...Do I have to?"

"He's been very busy lately. It's best you have an appointment."

"Oh. But this...it's very important I speak to him...now."

"I'm sorry miss...appointment only."

It's best I don't push it. I'm at the police station after all. I slowly turned around, heading towards the entrance.

What do I do now?

"Sarina...is that you", someone called out.

I turned around and smiled. It was Josh.

Today's my lucky day after all. I ran over to him.

"I'm so happy to see you", I said.

"Really? Thinking back on that offer I told you at the pool party", he said in a flirtatious tone.

I giggle.

"No Josh."

He frowned.

"I have police business I think you guys would be interested in."

He became serious.

"You do?"

"Yes, so...will you guys help me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134 9 6
A fake honeymoon, a missing step-sister, and an island paradise with danger around every corner. For the past eight years, Sydney Davis has been liv...
Blaire's Body By a l l y

Mystery / Thriller

177K 5.7K 10
"The world is a bitter, bitter place, Greyson. There's nothing to do now except get over it." In the sleepy town of Avensgrove, everyone hides thei...
Nicole By Minahil

Mystery / Thriller

4.9K 116 26
My mother had kept secrets from me for as long as I could remember. Never answering anything I asked about my father, my siblings or why they weren't...
Locked( Book 1) By A.Lynn

Mystery / Thriller

286 1 49
What would you do if you were held against your will? What would you do if you knew the kidnapper was not to blame, but someone else much higher? Ca...