Breaking the Ice | ์—”ํ•˜์ดํŽœ | HEE...

By _lhstars

โ–ฌโ–ฌ ONGOING โ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๏ฟฝ... More

00:00
PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

08

444 31 1
By _lhstars

                                                                                                                                        DRESS IT UP WITH THE TRAPPINGS OF LOVE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

         More than a week had passed since Park Sunghoon coached Heeseung for the upcoming annual figure skating competition prior to the regionals and it was so far, so good with a few lapse of daily stretching and exercise – and a 10 hour practice every day, Sunghoon could definitely could see improvements from him. They would win, yes, they would. Heeseung promised seeing him working so hard, his hopes are on its peaks, seeing Heeseung on ice he couldn't help but to think – that if he had met the rookie skater from when he was skating would they be rivals or friends? He was just exceptional minus the flaws he was an ace, Sunghoon's voice was all it need to take for him to almost perfect the steps.

"Heeseung. . ." Sunghoon called to him dismissively waving his hand at the other, Jake stopped the music, ever since Jay and Jake found out that their friend Sunghoon had been coaching this mysterious boy they had been supporting him all the way, from guarding the doors, fetching the snacks and lunch then to smoothing the ice and even setting up the sound system. Sunghoon had told them multiple of times that they should go home because he knew they too had a lot of priorities but they were to cheesy always saying that they would rather be by their side at any moment and time.

Heeseung hurriedly glide his way towards his coach, his sweat dripping from his forehead, he was breathing heavily that he could almost see the air breathing out from his mouth. Sunghoon threw a towel right in front of his face which made Heeseung laugh, "Don't just laugh, wipe that sweat out of your face or you'll get sick, didn't you want to win?"

"Wow, Coach, you're so caring. . ." he chuckled once more, throwing the towel back to Sunghoon, the ice knight glared at him shocking that he threw the towel right back at him. "What was that for?" he asked.

Heeseung leaned on down to the level of Sunghoon's eyes as he drew back a smile. "You do it, Coach."

"Excuse me?" Sunghoon asked with a raising tone of his voice.

"Come on Coach, it's an assurance for me okay? I need affirmation that my coach actually cares."

My Coach as if he hadn't said that awhile back, Sunghoon breathed out a heavy sigh like he doesn't have any choice, he grabbed the towel from his lap and gently he wipes the sweat dripping from Heeseung's features, from his eyes down to his cheek.

This was the first time for a week that he had actually seen him up close, because he was always standing right beside him and here he was just sitting down from the wheel chair, and now that he was at his level he saw the details of his long lashes, his soft plump cheeks and his mesmerizing feature, he was beautiful.

"Uh Coach?" said Heeseung.

Sunghoon snapped himself back to focus, was he staring? Was he? "Are you just going to stare at me? The way you're staring could pierce a hole in my head." Heeseung smiled and a cheeky one at that. Sunghoon grumbled throwing the towel back at his face once more, looking away hoping that his cheeks weren't turning red that would be embarrassing. Damn him he thought.

"Shut up, I was analyzing something." replied Sunghoon, ignoring the beating thumps of his pulse.

"Oh? And what were you analyzing coach?" Heeseung asked, staring at his coach curiously, was there something up? Heeseung saw him so focus on the rink, was he doing bad for this past few weeks? Or months? It has been almost one month now ever since the day he saw him at the lake or rather he was the one that approached him. Time passes by so quickly and Heeseung wished that time didn't have to be such a quick pace.

"Was I that bad?" he asked again. Sunghoon shook his head but at the same time his head nodded – Heeseung looked at him conflicted, was that a yes or no? "Your legs are sloppy and your posture needs work, stretch your arms a bit more. You look like the ice is controlling you, you should always think that you are the one in charge." Sunghoon said it harshly, was that harsh enough? He just wants to make sure he was well disciplined enough, he was training someone to win, he was training someone who was worthy, who had the talent and he doesn't want it to waste.

Having to thought about it he was thinking like a coach, goodness. What has he become, what did this rookie skater turned him into?

"I'm sorry Coach, please forgive me! I promise I'll do better!" yelled Heeseung bowing and apologizing repeatedly, like he was about to cry. Sunghoon smiled – second later Jay and Jake came in closer. "What's all the ruckus about?" asked Jake.

"I told him he was sloppy and needed improvement." Said Sunghoon.

Jay nodded in agreement. "True, True." Trying to agree what Sunghoon said though it wasn't true, he sure knows what Sunghoon was implying.

"See?" said Sunghoon.

"I'm sorry!" Heeseung said, bowing again and again. Jake on the other hand was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Enough, just improve yourself more, I know you, you'll be amazing." Said Sunghoon this time with sincerity.

Jake looked at Jay they were communicating with eyes as if trying to understand the situation 'Did you see that?' Jake's eyes said and Jay  just nodded, a grin then plastering on their lips. "What are you two doing?" asked Sunghoon. "Nothing!" Jake immediately replied. "We're just. . ." he took a deep breath. "We're just glad." It was true that they were indeed happy, more than happy. Just almost a year or months they saw their best friend almost giving up everything, downhearted and hopeless, seeing him giving out encouraging at someone it felt like a dream but Jake was glad it wasn't a dream, this was real, his friend is healing, slowly healing, slowly opening his heart out and this time he was teaching his specialty to someone who shares the same passion as him.

"Got it Coach!" exclaimed Heeseung. Jake was lost in thought, what were they talking about again?

Sunghoon on the other hand nodded, glad to hear that Heeseung understood what he meant. "Figure Skating is also art, the elements of the art contain a theme, so, I thought about it the other day and what suits you the most and its youth. . . We will be having steps that contain how free and dream a youth can be." Sunghoon explained.

"I got goosebumps hearing those from you Hoon. . ." said Jay, rubbing his arm at the feeling. This was him, this was the Sunghoon they knew.

"You sure do know a lot about figure skating and how it projects." Said Heeseung. "Are you sure you're not a figure skater in your past life?" Sunghoon just managed a chuckle, he forgot to stay in a low profile for now, yeah he doesn't need to know. Jake put an arm around Heeseung and said. "Your coach is the biggest figure skater fan ever, basically he is the biggest and I mean the biggest fanboy in figure skating, he once met Hanyu Yazuru on the ice rink and took a picture of him." Jake said those like he was bragging having to think that maybe one day Sunghoon would tell who he might be.

"Who's that?" asked Heeseung. Jake, Jay and Sunghoon was taken a back blinking and staring at Heeseung confusingly, was he being serious? "You don't know Hanyu Yazuru?" asked Jay, this was silly almost half of the world knows Hanyu Yazuru they were surprised to see Heeseung not knowing who the famous figure skate was. Heeseung just shook his head in response.

Jay took out his phone and showed him the picture and before Heeseung could even process he then realize who he was. "AAAHH the guy from the Youtube Figure Skating Page. . . Sorry, I don't really memorize names only the faces. . ." Heeseung awkwardly chuckle. Well that was embarrassing he thought. "Sorry again, I don't really pay attention much to the new famous figure skater in the 2000s I only know the old ones that are born in their 1990s or 1980s..."

Ah so that's why he didn't recognize who he was immediately on their first meeting, Sunghoon thought. "Well it doesn't matter. . ." said Sunghoon. "What matters is, you need a pair of ice skates, those look worn out."

"Yeah well I had these since I was like 12? Or 13? I always wondered why it didn't outgrow me must contain magic." Heeseung said, staring at his old and worn out ice skates, that needed a little fixing. "Don't worry, I had enough money to save for a new pair of –. . ." Heeseung was cut off when he heard his name being called.

"Come on Heeseung Hyung!" yelled Jake.

Sunghoon was waiting just by the exit door, did he move while he was talking or? Did Jake push him? Heeseung ran towards the group asking where they were going. Was practice done for the day? It was only 5pm? They usually end around 7pm. "Are we going home Coach?"

"The competition is only few days near, you're a figure skater now Heeseung."

Heeseung sighed, was he angry? Did he do something wrong. "I'm sorry coach, I promise I will do my best, I won't fail you." But Sunghoon didn't reply. Once they were settled inside the car, the atmosphere turned a little different. "To the mall Jay."

Mall? Heeseung looked at Sunghoon with an eyebrow raised. Sunghoon's eyes met Heeseung's gaze he wasn't angry he had a soft expression and that was a relief.

"You're a figure skater now Heeseung. . ." he said that twice already.

"And I want to give you the best pair of figure skates, one that could break the ice smoothly with your performance."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 9.9K 37
She would admire him every single day. If only... he knew about it. But.. it doesnt hurt to try, right? ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•–๐••: ๐••๐•–๐•”๐•–๐•ž๐•“๐•–๐•ฃ 14๐•ฅ๐•™ 2020 ...
248K 9.9K 40
[ ๊ฑฐ์ง“๋ง ์Ÿ์ด ] when the friendship of two best friends shattered. - Park Chaerim and Park Sunghoon have been friends since practically forever. They both...
37.6K 1.4K 14
! I dreamed only about you and you turned to be a nightmare !. . . Top: Hee TTom: Jay
63.1K 3.2K 48
โshe was the riddle he couldn't solve, a beautiful enigmaโž When you, a doctor started receiving texts from an unknown stranger. And those texts trans...