Give Life a Chance

By LilNikX

We all live for a purpose, however in light of traumatic events our purpose can become misguided our judgemen... More

Intro
Chapter 1 - The Caring Butterfly
Chapter 2 - The Hashira Meeting
Chapter 3 - Mount Kumotori
Chapter 4- The Teams Announced
Chapter 5 - Ripples in the Water
Chapter 6 - The Moon Sure is Beautiful Tonight
Chapter 7 - The First Mission.
Chapter 8 - The Proposal
Chapter 9 - The Fake Hashira and the Wounded Butterfly
Chapter 10 - The New Tsuguko
Chapter 11 - A New Friend
Chapter 12 - Dinner and a Show
Chapter 13 - The Ghost Town
Chapter 14 - Lucid Dreams
Chapter 15 - Growth
Chapter 16 - The Young Butterfly Finds her Wings
Chapter 17 - Connections
Chapter 18 - Remembrance
Chapter 20 - Stay
Chapter 21 - A New Worker
Chapter 22 - The Return
Chapter 23 - The Flamboyant Pillar
Chapter 24 - The Corps Strongest Team
Chapter 25 - The Vengeful Matagi
Chapter 26 - A Pillar Crumbles
Chapter 27 - The Aftermath
Chapter 28 - Reunited
Chapter 29 - Progress
Chapter 30 - Role Reversal
Chapter 31 - The First Step
Chapter 32 - Whenever You Need Me
Chapter 33 - Collaboration
Chapter 34 - True Feelings
Chapter 35 - Mount Natagumo Part 1
Chapter 36 - Mount Natagumo Part 2
Chapter 37 - The Trial of Kamado Tanjiro and Tomioka Giyuu
Chapter 38 - The Old Giyuu
Chapter 39 - The Recovery Begins
Chapter 40 - The Butterfly Effect
Chapter 41 - Flame and Water
Chapter 42 - Departure
Chapter 43 - What Could Have Been
Chapter 44 - The Spiritual Core
Chapter 45 - The Perfect Dream
Chapter 46 - Enmu's Nightmare
Chapter 47 - The Human Spirit
Chapter 48 - Conflicting Feelings
Chapter 49 - Revelations
Chapter 50 - Confessions of a Damaged Heart
Chapter 51 - Reconciliation
Chapter 52 - The First 'Date'
Chapter 53 - A Flashy Friendship
Chapter 54 - Public Knowledge
Chapter 55 - The Next Step

Chapter 19 - Please Come Back

4.1K 92 65
By LilNikX

 1 Week Before Final Selection

Sounds of clashing metal could be heard reverberating around Giyuu's estate in the early morning. Aoi and Giyuu had begun training early and had clearly upped the intensity.

"First Form: Water Surface Slash!" Aoi yelled, slashing at Giyuu who countered.

"Good." He commented.

"Third Form: Flowing Dance." She said, beginning to twist and turn her body and blade, Giyuu blocked the first strike and began to dodge the next few.

"Second Form: Water Wheel." She called out, leaping into the air and swiping down at Giyuu.

"Perfect." He called out.

Giyuu launched backwards and picked up a couple of rocks.

"Counter!" He ordered, throwing a rock at her.

"Sixth Form: Whirlpool!" She shouted, slashing at the rock and sending it flying.

"Again!" Giyuu called, throwing another rock.

"Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust." She said, stabbing the rock and halting all its momentum.

"Now attack the dummies, as hard as you can." Giyuu said, stepping to the side.

"Fourth Form: Striking Tide." She called, striking as many dummies as she could.

7 dummies were cut in half by the girl, who turned back and celebrated.

"You're ready." Giyuu said happily.

"Really?" Aoi asked.

"Yes, you have learned all the forms and you can use them in battle situations. I believe you are completely ready." Giyuu said.

"Wow, thank you Giyuu-sama, what does this mean?" Aoi asked.

"I have officially entered you in Final Selection." Giyuu responded.

"Thank you Giyuu-sama, I promise I won't let you down." Aoi said determined.

"You could never." Giyuu said kindly.

Aoi then noticed her blue hair clips had been broken during her training.

"No, my hair clips." She said, her hair now falling over her face.

"Don't you have any extra?" Giyuu asked.

"No, I bought some the last time we were in town, but these were my last ones." She complained.

"That is unfortunate." Giyuu replied.

"I know, without my clips my hair will stay in my face, it's gonna be hard to train these next couple of days." She said sadly.

"I can braid it." Giyuu said.

"What?" Aoi asked.

"I can braid it." Giyuu repeated.

"You can braid hair?!" Aoi asked confused.

"Tsutako taught me, since we lived alone with each other I was the only who could do it. I don't know anything special, just the basic one and a split French braid." Giyuu said.

"YOU CAN DO A FRENCH BRAID?" Aoi yelled.

"Yes, it was my sisters favourite style." Giyuu said.

"Can you please do mine?" Aoi asked.

"Of course." Giyuu responded.

The two made their way to the patio of Giyuu's outdoor area, Aoi sat on the deck in front of Giyuu as he sat in a chair and began to braid her hair.

"This brings back very nice memories, thank you for letting me do it." Giyuu said, creating a middle part.

"No, thank you for doing it." Aoi said happily.

"Your hair is very nice, it makes it easy to shape." Giyuu said.

"Thank you Giyuu-sama, maybe you could teach me how to do it and I could braid your hair." She joked.

"Perhaps one day." Giyuu said.

Upon finishing the first braid he moved to the other side of her hair.

"You know Shinobu-sama used to say she wanted to try getting her hair braided." Aoi said.

"Really? I can't imagine her with anything but her yakai-mai bun and butterfly clip." Giyuu said.

Aoi blushed.

"I didn't realise you paid so much attention to her hair." Aoi teased.

"We were partners for almost 2 months, you tend to notice certain traits." Giyuu said.

"Maybe you could do her hair for her while I'm at Final Selection." Aoi suggested.

Giyuu froze for a moment, though not at her comment. While he was confident she had what it took to complete the test, he was still nervous.

"Giyuu-sama I was only kidding." She laughed.

"Of course." He said.

3 Days Later at the Butterfly Mansion

"Girls I have some exciting news." Shinobu said to the flower girls and Kanao.

"What is it Shinobu-sama?" The three girls asked in unison, while Kanao just stood and looked at her.

"Aoi-chan will be visiting home today." Shinobu said.

Sumi, Kiyo and Naho squealed in excitement.

"Aoi's back, Aoi's back, Aoi's back." The girls chanted running in circles.

With Giyuu and Aoi Two Hours Later.

They walked down the path that led to Shinobu's estate, still about 5 minutes away. Aoi adjusted her Haori and sword, which Giyuu noticed.

"Excited?" Giyuu asked.

"Very." She answered.

"It's been months since you've seen any of them, I'm sure they're just as excited." Giyuu said.

"I wonder how much the girls have all grown. Shinobu-sama also said that Kanao had begun to speak more and is beginning to show a bit of emotion." Aoi said.

"Kanao? She's the girl with the purple eyes right?" Giyuu asked.

"Yes, I suppose you wouldn't have had a chance to interact with her that much. She's the only person I know that speaks less than you." Aoi said with a laugh.

"I thought I had gotten better." Giyuu said.

"Of course you have Giyuu-sama, but who do you talk to apart from me?" Aoi asked.

"I speak to Kocho and Kanroji, I even spoke to Rengoku at the last meeting." Giyuu argued.

"So, the last time you spoke to anyone but me was months ago?" Aoi asked with a laugh.

"Maybe." Giyuu conceded.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Shinobu-sama will be happy to see you." Aoi said, nudging him the arm.

"I suppose." Giyuu said, not understanding the implication made by Aoi.

"Maybe you can even tell her what you wrote about her in your journal. Or even what you used her hairpin for, I'm sure she'd be flattered." She teased.

Giyuu blushed a little and rolled his eyes.

"I should never have made that bet with you."

Flashback at the Training Area with the Waterfall

"Sixth Form: Whirlpool." Giyuu said, slashing the waterfall, causing it to break in two.

"How'd you get it to stop flowing? That should be impossible." Aoi said in amazement.

"Don't worry it's not something you'll have to master." Giyuu said.

"I bet you I can do it." Aoi said confidently.

"No, you cannot." Giyuu responded.

"Yes I can. If I can't I will do all the chores for 2 weeks." Aoi said.

"I suppose you'll want something if you can." Giyuu replied.

"If I can, you have to let me read your journal." Aoi said.

"Absolutely not." Giyuu said.

"Sounds like you're backing down Giyuu-sama, is the powerful water pillar scared of a little girl?" Aoi teased.

"You are so much like Kocho, it's annoying." Giyuu responded.

"Well, if you give up then you automatically lose, so I get to read it." Aoi said triumphantly.

"Fine, I agree to the bet." Giyuu said.

Aoi walked up to the waterfall and got herself ready. After attempting to use the sixth form for 10 minutes, an idea popped into her head.

"Second Form: Water Wheel!" Aoi yelled, cutting against the grain of the waterfall caused it to break for a very brief moment.

"HAHA, I DID IT." Aoi cheered.

"No that doesn't count you did it differently." Giyuu argued.

"You never said I had to use the sixth form, now come on Giyuu-sama I'm reading that journal." Aoi said running back to the estate.

End Flashback

"Aww but come on Giyuu-sama it was so cute." Aoi said, earning a sigh from Giyuu.

"I will not be telling her that." He said.

"You're no fun." Aoi teased.

Soon they arrived at the entrance to the mansion and knocked on the door.

"AOI-CHAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!" Three voices yelled as Aoi was tackled by three young girls.

"Sumi, Kiyo, Naho. I missed you three so much." Aoi said, a large smile on her face.

The three girls cried as Aoi hugged them.

"Aoi-chan, your hair is so pretty." Sumi said, touching her head.

"Thank you Giyuu-sama did it for me." Aoi said.

"Wow." The three girls said in unison.

"Giyuu-san can you do my hair next?" Sumi asked.

"No, my hair!" Kiyo yelled.

"No mine!" Naho argued, causing the three to fight amongst themselves.

"Ara ara, look who has finally arrived. Couldn't hurry even a little bit so we could see our dear Aoi-chan earlier?" Shinobu teased.

"Kocho." Giyuu said.

"Giyuu-sama, that's not what we practiced." Aoi said, still being mauled by the butterfly girls.

Giyuu sighed and tried again.

"Kocho, sorry for being late, I will try to be more punctual in the future." Giyuu said half-heartedly.

"Oh Tomioka-san, that is such a nice apology. I accept whole-heartedly." Shinobu said dramatically, causing Giyuu to sigh again.

"Also, Giyuu-sama? Such familiarity, don't tell me the stoic and lonely Tomioka-san has gone soft." Shinobu said, poking him in the chest.

"I know right. He even asked me to call him that." Aoi said.

"Ara ara, you're a completely different person, so impressive." Shinobu teased.

Aoi stood up and saw Kanao standing in the doorway.

"Kanao-chan, you have grown so much, I am very happy to see you." Aoi said.

Kanao flipped her coin. When it landed she spoke up.

"Welcome home." She said.

"Thank you Kanao-chan." Aoi replied.

Giyuu looked at Kanao who looked back at him. The two locked eyes, then looked away.

"It seems Tomioka-san has found a kindred spirit, perhaps you'll take her for training next." Shinobu joked.

"But she uses flower breathing." Giyuu said flatly, annoying Shinobu.

"That was a joke Tomioka-san." She said sweetly, voice laced with venom.

"I see." He responded, annoying her even more.

"Well Aoi-chan, come inside we have much to discuss." Shinobu said.

Aoi followed her in, but Giyuu stayed where he was.

"Tomioka-san, you wouldn't be trying to leave would you?" Shinobu asked.

"But you didn't invite me in." Giyuu responded.

"Seriously?" Shinobu asked Aoi.

"Giyuu-sama, the invite was implied of course you can come in." Aoi said.

"Oh. Thank you." Giyuu said entering the home.

The three sat down in the dining room, the three girls played with each other near the table.

"So, first things first, you did her hair Tomioka-san?" Shinobu asked with a laugh.

"He did, he's full of surprises." Aoi said, smiling at Giyuu.

"I must say I'm impressed." Shinobu said, admiring the young girl.

"Thank you." Giyuu said.

"Where did you learn such a skill? I can't imagine it was a major component of learning water breathing." Shinobu said.

"My sister taught me." Giyuu answered.

"And what a wonderful job she did." Shinobu said with a smile. Giyuu looked back at Shinobu the two then nodded in understanding.

"On a more serious note, is she ready?" Shinobu asked.

"I know you said in your letter that you had nominated her, but is she ready?" Shinobu continued.

"Yes. She's ready, I wouldn't have put her name forward if I wasn't sure." Giyuu said.

"Good." Shinobu said.

"Thank you for allowing me to go Shinobu-sama, I couldn't imagine taking Final Selection without Giyuu-sama's training." Aoi said.

"Of course, I am glad to hear you so sure of yourself." Shinobu said happily.

"How were your missions?" Giyuu asked.

"Oh Tomioka-san, I knew you were jealous, you're wondering how I was with Uzui-san." Shinobu laughed.

"There were 3 other months of missions." Giyuu said.

"Oh Tomioka-san, stop hiding your feelings." She teased again.

"I was paired with Rengoku-san, then Shinazugawa-san and finally I was able to team with Mitsuri-chan." Shinobu said happily.

Shinazugawa. Giyuu thought, still slightly angered at the wind Hashira.

"Did you encounter any other Kizuki?" He asked.

"No, you're just an unlucky charm." She teased.

"I see." Giyuu said.

"So Shinobu-sama, Giyuu-sama actually had something to ask you." Aoi said.

"This is becoming another habit, perhaps you should just ask me, instead of getting Aoi to introduce the topic every time." Shinobu said.

"Okay." Giyuu said.

"Well, are you going to ask me?" Shinobu asked.

"I planned on taking Aoi to my master's home. It's closer to the Final Selection venue and I would like her to meet him. I understand you haven't seen Aoi in a while, but this is important to me. So, I was wondering if you wanted to join us so you could see her off." Giyuu said.

"I would enjoy that, but I cannot." Shinobu said, disappointed.

"Why?" Giyuu asked.

"Unfortunately, without Aoi around, when I left for missions, I had to leave this place to the Kakushi, but with Final Selection taking place, they have no one to spare." Shinobu explained.

"I understand Shinobu-sama." Aoi said sadly.

"I am truly sorry, but there is no other way, I won't be taking missions until after final selection is complete, such is the burden of running our only hospital in the corps." Shinobu said.

"I am sorry." Giyuu said

"Enough of the depressing talk, please tell me about everything I have missed." Shinobu said.

The three sat together and talked about the last 4 months and everything that had happened. Only leaving out the events of Tsutako's day. They spoke about the secret training area, their multiple patrols, the time Aoi managed to sneak up on Giyuu, and everything in between.

"I see, so you had a good time then?" Shinobu asked.

"I did, I very much enjoyed my time with Giyuu-sama." Aoi said, smiling at the man.

Aoi then left to play with the girls, leaving Shinobu and Giyuu alone in the dining room.

"I will miss her." Giyuu admitted.

"She doesn't have to only live here, she can always choose to stay with you if she pleases." Shinobu suggested.

"No. She's very interested in the medical field, she spent a lot of time studying while she stayed with me. I have taught her what I can with the blade, but if she wants to pursue her interest in medicine, I will not be of use." Giyuu said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Well, you can always come and visit her here. My door is open Tomioka-san, though knowing your injury history I have a feeling you will be here more often than not." Shinobu laughed.

"You may be right." Giyuu agreed.

"But you can just visit, there does not need to be a reason, as I said my door is open to you. What you have done is a very great thing, and we owe you a lot for it." Shinobu said politely.

"You owe me nothing. She helped me more than she knows." Giyuu said.

"So mysterious Tomioka-san, glad to see you haven't completely changed on me." Shinobu joked.

"When will you leave for your masters' home?" Shinobu asked.

"Not for a couple of days, she'll need at least a day to travel to Final Selection but let her spend a day or so with you and the girls." Giyuu answered.

"That is a good idea." Shinobu said.

"I am sorry you won't be there for when she leaves." Giyuu said

"It's quite alright Tomioka-san, I am sure I will see her as soon as she has completed the 7 days." Shinobu said happily.

"I'm sure she will." Giyuu replied.

"Well, I will take my leave then, I will return in a couple of days and then we will leave for Urokodaki's." Giyuu said, standing up.

"You don't have to leave." Shinobu interrupted.

"You can stay here for a couple of nights." Shinobu suggested.

"Thank you for the offer, but there is something I have to do first." Giyuu said politely.

"Tomioka-san, after you see Aoi off and leave your masters house, please come and visit. It will be a stressful time for both of us and I don't want you becoming even more lonely without your only friends." Shinobu said.

"I will." He responded, paying no mind to the joke made by Shinobu at his expense.

"Alright then, I will get Aoi to come and say goodbye." Shinobu responded.

They said goodbye and Giyuu returned to his estate.

2 Days Later (Morning).

Giyuu returned to the butterfly mansions to meet with Aoi, and was greeted by Shinobu, Kanao, Sumi, Kiyo and Naho.

"Tomioka-san, you are on time?" Shinobu teased.

"Yes, this is a special day." He said.

"Hello Giyuu-sama." Aoi said, her hair hanging down.

"Your hair? Sit down, I'll do it quickly." Giyuu said walking over to her.

"That wont be necessary Tomioka-san." Shinobu said.

He noticed she was holding a wooden box.

"We were waiting for you so we could officially complete the ceremony." Shinobu said.

"What ceremony?" Giyuu asked.

"Aoi. You have officially completed your training and will now take on Final Selection. As lady of the butterfly mansion and your sensei I present to you your hair clips." Shinobu said.

She opened the box and two blue butterfly hair clips sat in the velvet interior.

"Thank you Shinobu-sama." Aoi said taking the clips.

"Can you help me with my hair Giyuu-sama?" Aoi asked.

Giyuu walked behind the girl.

"What would you like?" Giyuu asked.

"Two ponytails and some curtain bangs." Aoi said.

"Just like usual." Giyuu said.

Aoi sat down and Giyuu began to do her hair, taking his time, butterflies from the mansion fluttered over to the pair, almost as if saying goodbye to Aoi. One landed on Giyuu's hand an he gently brushed it aside as he put one of the pins in Aoi's hair. They were surrounded by a few butterflies, some fluttered around Aoi while one even took its place on Giyuu's hair.

"Pretty." Sumi said, admiring the sight.

Shinobu was silent, also looking at the sight in front of her. Was this really Giyuu? It reminded her of that day at the mochi place when Mitsuri had caught her staring. She quickly shook out of it as Giyuu finished doing her hair.

"What do you think?" Aoi asked.

"You look beautiful Aoi." Shinobu answered with a smile.

"Thank you Shinobu-sama." Aoi responded.

"You did a very good job." Shinobu said to Giyuu.

"I like the pins." Giyuu said.

"I still think you would look pretty with one." Shinobu teased with a laugh.

"I agree." Aoi added.

"Yes pretty man, wear the pin." Sumi chanted,

"Please." Naho pleaded.

"Please Aoi's teacher." Kiyo added.

"Well Tomioka-san, how can you say no when they ask so nicely?" Shinobu joked.

"Yes please Giyuu-sama, for my special day." Aoi begged.

"I don't see why that would be necessary." Giyuu said flatly.

Aoi looked at Giyuu and gave her best pleading look. Giyuu shifted uncomfortably for a second, struggling against the girls adorable look.

"Please Giyuu-sama."

"Fine." Giyuu conceded.

The girls squealed and Shinobu ran upstairs.

"Tomioka-san, do you prefer blue or purple." Shinobu yelled from upstairs.

An Hour Later with Giyuu and Aoi

"I cannot believe I let you convince me to wear it." Giyuu said, a new blue butterfly hair clip holding his hair in its usual style.

"But you look so pretty, and the girls in town didn't seem to mind it." Aoi said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Giyuu said, he honestly wasn't paying attention, to the other people in town.

"So, how are you?" Giyuu asked.

"It's sad saying goodbye considering I only just got back there, but I'm sure it was harder for them." Aoi said.

"You'll see them again in a week." Giyuu said.

"If I pass." Aoi replied grimly.

"Don't say that." Giyuu said sternly.

"Don't let in any doubt, you are strong and have learned everything you can. You will pass." Giyuu said confidently.

"Thank you Giyuu-sama." Aoi said happily.

The two continued their journey eventually arriving at Urokodaki's that night. The man in the Oni mask was waiting outside for the two.

"Urokodaki-sama, thank you for allowing us to stay in your home." Giyuu said bowing to the man.

"Giyuu, I am glad to see you in good health." Urokodaki said back kindly.

"It is an honour to meet you Urokodaki-sama." Aoi said politely, joining her sensei in bowing.

"You must be Kanzaki Aoi. I have heard so much about you. Giyuu speaks highly of you." Urokodaki said, moving to look at the girl.

"Giyuu has told me that you learned the principles of water breathing almost on your own, that is quite admirable." He added.

"Thank you, Urokodaki-sama, it is true, but Giyuu-sama has taught me so much." Aoi said.

"You know this officially makes you a cultivator of the water style Giyuu. Perhaps you'll take on more students." Urokodaki said.

"I understand. But I do not think I will." Giyuu replied.

"Oh, that is a shame. You know Aoi, I actually am teaching a boy about your age." Urokodaki said.

"Giyuu-sama told me, how is he doing?" Aoi asked.

"He is still learning the fundamentals, but he is progressing well." Urokodaki said.

"Is he on the mountain?" Giyuu asked.

"He should be coming down soon." Urokodaki answered.

"The mountain?" Aoi asked.

"The first step to Urokodaki-sama's training involves you learning how to flow and move like water. In order to teach this, he takes you to the top of this mountain and sets up a large variety of traps, then commands you to descend it while trying not to get killed." Giyuu told her.

"You didn't have to do anything such as that, Giyuu told me you already moved well, I would actually be interested to see how you would fair against young Tanjiro." Urokodaki said.

"As long as he is not too exhausted." Aoi replied.

"Trust me he will be fine. Now please come inside." Urokodaki said.

Entering the man's home Giyuu noticed nothing had changed, still the same layout, scent, and furniture as when he was a student.

"Thank you again for allowing us to stay here tonight." Giyuu said.

"You do not have to ask Giyuu my home is always open to you." Urokodaki said kindly.

"I am sorry I don't have many rooms it is unusual for me to have this guests in my home." Urokodaki said.

"There's no need to apologise." Giyuu said.

"Giyuu, are you trying something new with your hair?" Urokodaki asked, looking at the blue butterfly occupying his hair.

Aoi couldn't resist and began to laugh.

"Aoi asked me to wear it." He said embarrassedly.

"It... looks good." Urokodaki said.

Aoi was given a room to herself and Giyuu said he would sleep in the main room.

That Night

"MASTER UROKODAKI I AM HERE." A young male voice called from outside.

Aoi, Giyuu and Urokodaki sat in the main area together and turned to the door as Tanjiro walked through.

"TOMIOKA-SAN?" Tanjiro yelled.

"Hello." Giyuu said back.

"What are you doing here?" Tanjiro asked.

"Giyuu was my student, he has come here with his student before she takes Final Selection." Urokodaki said.

"I am sorry. Hello I am Kamado Tanjiro, it is nice to meet you." The boy said politely.

"Hello Tanjiro-san I am Kanzaki Aoi. I didn't know you knew Giyuu-sama." Aoi said.

Giyuu slightly panicked, nobody knew about this boy and his demon sister besides himself and Urokodaki.

"Tomioka-san saved me and my..." Tanjiro started.

"Friend, him and his friend." Urokodaki interrupted quickly looking at Tanjiro.

Tanjiro looked confused for a second, but then understood.

"Yes, my friend and I were attacked by a demon and Tomioka-san saved us." Tanjiro explained.

"Giyuu-sama why didn't you tell me, that's quite heroic." Aoi said, clearly impressed by his deeds.

"It wasn't important." Giyuu said.

"Don't be so modest Tomioka-san, you were very brave." Tanjiro said.

"Tanjiro, I would like you to face Aoi in a sparring match." Urokodaki interrupted.

"I don't think that would be fair he has just gotten back." Aoi said.

"UNDERSTOOD UROKODAKI-SAMA" Tanjiro responded.

"Are you sure?" Aoi asked

"Yes, please do your best." Tanjiro requested.

Everyone gathered outside and Aoi and Tanjiro stood across from each other with sparring swords aimed at one another.

"This will be a purely competitive battle, the goal is to disarm your opponent, not to injure." Urokodaki said.

"Understood." The two students said in unison.

"Now, battle." Urokodaki called out.

The two dashed and clashed against each other, both swinging their swords and colliding multiple times.

"First Form: Water Surface Slash." Tanjiro called out, dashing quickly towards Aoi.

"Second Form: Water Wheel." Aoi said, countering the strike.

Tanjiro stumbled back while Aoi landed on the ground. But Aoi did not attempt to strike.

Tanjiro advanced again swinging quickly and powerfully, putting Aoi on the defensive.

"First Form: Water Surface Slash." Tanjiro called again, attempting the same attack.

"How many forms has he learned so far?" Giyuu asked.

"Four." Urokodaki said back.

"Sixth Form: Whirlpool" Aoi said, slashing his sword out of the way, sending him stumbling again. Yet again she did not attack.

"Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust!" Tanjiro yelled, thrusting the sword forward.

Aoi was surprised but dodged quickly to the side.

Giyuu noticing this spoke up.

"Stop hesitating." Giyuu said.

"But he has just returned from training, he isn't ready to fight." Aoi responded.

"Demons will not care how tired you are, they will hunt you to the end of the earth no matter how you feel, now fight properly." Giyuu demanded.

"Yes Giyuu-sama." She responded, repelling another attack from Tanjiro.

"First Form: Water Surface Slash." Tanjiro lunged again.

"Second Form: Water Wheel." Aoi called, deflecting the attack.

Landing on her feet she readied her stance again.

"Fourth Form: Striking Tide!" She yelled, making several slashes at Tanjiro's sword.

Tanjiro attempted to deflect as many attacks as possible but was disarmed by the more experienced fighter.

"Good work." Giyuu praised, earning a smile from Aoi.

"You trained her well." Urokodaki said to Giyuu.

"She worked hard." Giyuu responded.

"Are you alright?" Aoi asked Tanjiro.

"Yes, I am fine thank you. You are very talented." Tanjiro said happily.

"So are you, especially for someone only just starting their training." Aoi responded.

The group made their way inside, the four of them shared a dinner prepared by Urokodaki and Giyuu and talked about life. Urokodaki assured Aoi that he believed she would pass Final Selection, while Tanjiro bombarded her and Giyuu with question about learning the sword techniques. The next morning arrived and Aoi prepared to leave.

Giyuu, Urokodaki and Tanjiro stood out the front to wish Aoi luck and say goodbye. Urokodaki and Tanjiro then left Giyuu and Aoi alone, to let them say goodbye completely.

"You will be fine, I will see you in 7 days." Giyuu said.

"I know Giyuu-sama, but still, I am nervous." Aoi admitted.

"That is normal, but please do not worry, you are prepared for this. I believe in you." Giyuu reassured her.

"Thank you Giyuu-sama." Aoi said.

"Now go, do not be late." Giyuu said, smiling at the girl.

"Understood." Aoi said. She turned to leave but was stopped by a pair of arms wrapping around her.

"I look forward to seeing you again." Giyuu said, hugging the girl tight.

"I will be back." Aoi said, tears beginning to fall from her eyes.

She turned and walked away, Giyuu stood and watched, unmoving like a statue as the girl marched towards the place of his nightmares. As she disappeared from his eyesight tears began to flow. He was emotionally overwhelmed, already unable to process emotions in a healthy way he was assaulted by feeling of fear, pride, guilt and everything in between.

"Just come back, please." He said to nobody.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 38.7K 71
[Completed] Giyuu and Y/n, two lovers who got seperated after giyuu's final selection. Y/n always went to find giyuu but fate didn't let them see eac...
101K 2.9K 11
"๐—œ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—บ๐—ฒ, ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—บ๐—ฒ." In which a demon slayer mistakenly falls in love with the demon who killed her sister. โ•ฐโ”€...
9.7K 346 25
Tomioka Giyuu has refused to see the truth for a long time: his Crow wasn't up to the expectations. And so he went to the master, requesting aid and...
1.6K 18 15
โœŽ . . Fluff one - shots between my favorite Demon Slayer/Kimetsu No Yaiba ships :3 Ships include: Tanjiro x Kanao Zenitsu x Nezuko Inosuke x Aoi Giy...