Paris

19RaeNegade द्वारा

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... अधिक

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

22

420 33 4
19RaeNegade द्वारा

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

"It has been some time since we last saw each other," Nino said.

"Indeed," I agreed, watching Nino helping his tired girlfriend walk with his arm latched with her own. They are trying to act like their usual selves but I do notice the sleep-deprived state Alya is in. I do not know why they are trying to keep it a secret but it is none of my business.

I trust Nino is doing his best for Alya. He is a good man, who is loyal and faithful to the woman he deeply loves. Nino would do anything for Alya, as would she to him. That is what makes them a tremendous team.

"How have things been going at the tea shop and with your old man?" Nino asked.

Master Fu runs a tea shop as a coverup and to earn money. The civilians only know him as good old Wang Fu rather than the mysterious Guardian of the Miraculous. Of course, no one, except for me and the other holders, knows of his second identity. The civilians in Paris only hear whispers of his name but do not know his face.

"It is doing well as it usually does," I answered, "He made a new tea mixture quite recently."

"Alya and I will have to go sometime to try it. Right, darling?" Nino said with a chipper smile. Every time Nino goes to Master Fu's tea shop, you swoon over every single cup he drinks and practically gushes over it. I believe it inflates my guardian's ego though he stays modest on the outside.

"Yes, we will have to go try it once we are not busy with work," Alya responded, patting her boyfriend's arm.

At this moment, the three of us walk through the marketplace. The different smells and loud voices hit. The place is busier than usual, people bustling around from shops to stands and carrying many assorted items in their weaved baskets.

"We need to get some food sometime. We are running low on a few things," Alya told Nino before letting out a long yawn

While the two conversed, I perk up at a faintly familiar scent. My smell is not as good as when I am Chat Noir but I have noticed this sense has grown stronger over the years. I am at least able to pick out different smells. I have been to this market many times and know every smell like the back of my hand. Yet, this one smell stands out from the rest. It is not one from the market but I have inhaled it only once before.

From the night I sat on the rooftop near that rich woman's mansion. This is definitely the same scent and I might be able to track it to its host.

"Adrien, do you want to grab something to eat?"

I shoot my attention away from the smell and over to Nino. I glance in the direction the smell is flowing then return my gaze to the couple. This might be my only chance to find whoever spied on me. But I cannot just abandon Alya and Nino after not seeing them for such a long time. I did miss their presence and who knows when the next time we will be able to do this again.

"Adrien?" Alya questioned, raising an eyebrow. Letting out a breath and putting on a small smile, I finally replied, "Sorry, something distracted me. Yes, lunch sounds delightful."

Nino and Alya give me a look. Then, they skeptically revert back to the conversation with me. I am relieved they did question me any further. Yet, the smell did not stray away from my mind.

Whoever was spying on me from that night comes to this market. This is good information to know. I will be able to track them some other time. Right now, I will hang out with my closest friends until we do not see each other for a long while.

"Maybe for dessert, we can swing by old Fu's place for some tea."

"Nino, my beloved, do be quiet."

{+}{+}{+}

Ladybug's P.O.V

My training stick collides with Rena Rouge's.

I managed to sneak out for a few hours and found Rena Rouge and Carapace training in the training room. Rena had instantly challenged me to a fight once our eyes locked. I obviously accepted, enthused by the idea. We have been engaged in battle for about an hour and at some point, Carapace had left.

Rena Rouge seems to have grown tired whereas I am using the training stick to help me stay on my feet.

"You have really outdone yourself, Ladybug. I must say, I am very impressed that you are still standing and have yet to surrender," Rena compliments my ethic. I give a nod, still heavily heaving and catching my breath. Rena walks over to me and displays her offered hand.

"Let us be done with training. I do not think you will be able to continue on any longer, which brings me to my point," she continued, "If you do not think you can continue with a battle, take a step back. You will always have a teammate who will have your back in battles."

"I cannot...just sit on...the side...when the city and...everyone else...depends on me...to help," I replied, steely. I do not know why she is thinking I am some special doll made of glass that needs protecting. I stand on the same ground as she and all the other rebels and the citizens of Paris.

"Nor will Paris be saved if you are unable to stand on your feet properly. You have teammates here who will help and protect you," she explained. I finally manage to steady my breath and stand straight. Anger boils within me.

She is correct about the first part but I will not stand for the second.

"Rena Rouge, I am not special in any way nor do I rank any higher than the rest of my teammates or anyone, for that matter. If I see danger or someone is in trouble, I will not just watch it happen from the sidelines. I will do something even if I can barely get onto my hands and knees," I huffed out.

I will be in the front lines like the rest of the miraculous holders. I will be a part of the defending wall instead of hiding behind it. I hate how people see me as a weak thing needing protection.

Sure, I am pretty much the only hope of curing Akumas but that does not give me the right to use people, who I am becoming close with, as shields. They are not defensive equipment. They are growing to be my friends.

Friends...I never thought I would have any after Max. I thought my life was already planned out and I would be stuck. Yet, so much has changed for me and I am willing to fight for this cause I have only dreamt of joining. I finally can help people and learn how to sword fight. I can create close bonds without my mother breathing down my neck.

Though...they do not see me as a friend. They see me as a triumph card.

"All I am trying to say is do not overdo it," Rena wistfully spoke, gaining my surprised attention. I did not expect to hear such mourning words.

" I would hate to see or hear something unfortunate happening to another one of my friends."

My lips are slightly agape, unable to form any words. She...she does see me as a friend though she hardly knows me. Actually, she does not know me at all. The only thing she knows is that I am a part of the rich section. Yet, she has been seeing me as an equal.

Rena is purely worried for me.

With what happened with the last Ladybug...she would not want to lose another friend.

I place a reassuring hand on Rena's shoulder and give it a light squeeze.

"Do not worry. I will be careful. I have too much here in my life and not a speck of desire to leave it undone," I said, smiling at her. Relief flashes over her face before we hear the skylight's hatch open. We turn our attention over to it.

Chat Noir, Pegasus, Vesperia, Polymouse, and Bunnyx each take a turn slipping in.

"I wonder if they are here to train?" I thought, curiously glazing over each superhero. I have only met them one other time but I never had the chance to actually talk with them.

"Hello, everyone," Rena greeted, "I see you have finally arrived. What took you so long to find them all Chat Noir? Are you already starting to slow down and at such an early age"

Chat Noir glared at Rena Rouge, "Or perhaps you told me the wrong locations of where everyone was and I had to extend my search to other places."

While Rena Rouge and Chat Noir continue to bicker, the three of the four heroes walked over to me. I stand confused with what is happening and why Chat Noir gathered four heroes here.

"Salutations, I assume you know who we are?" Vesperia questioned, kindly.

"Uh...yes," I answered, a bit taken aback by her greeting. She sounds just like one of the rich. Is she one? How strange. None of the other heroes do not seem to have any type of reaction to this.

"You are probably wondering what is going on," Pegasus stepped in, "We are just here to get to know our new leader. Well to an extent."

"Yeah! We never had a chance to talk last time," Polymouse said.

"You are all gathered here...just to talk with me?" I said in disbelief, "Do you not have important errands to do? I would hate to keep you if you are busy."

"Nonsense," Vesperia waved me off, "We were delighted to finally find the time to meet with you."

"Really?" I asked. No one back at the mansion gave me the time of day since they were all too busy. They would usually send me off like I was some nuisance. The only time I was given attention is if I needed something or was lacking something. No one ever stopped their work just to come to talk with me.

An enlightening feeling blooms within the confines of my chest. These rebels treat me so differently from my family and the other rich folks. They do not look at me like another chore but as a person.

I look over at Rena and Chat Noir, who seems to have calmed down and are having a level-headed conversation. Then I continue scanning over the other four heroes. I think of Carapace and Master Fu. They are like a family.

I know I just met Vesperia, Polymouse, Pegasus, and Bunnyx. Yet, I can tell they all care deeply for each other. For some unknown reason, they are welcoming me with open arms into this hodgepodge group.

"Of course," Polymouse answered with a nod. I look from the three standing in front of me to Bunnyx, who is still standing in the same spot she landed on. She stares with a dead look at the ground, form slumped.

"Is there something wrong with Bunnyx?" I whispered, worriedly for the bunny hero.

"Do not mind Bunnyx," Pegasus explained, quietly, "She...is not very good with new people."

I can hear the hesitation in his voice, wondering what his cryptic words are hiding.

"Ladybug, I am curious about how you claimed victory in your first Akuma battle. Can you relay the tale?" Polymouse asked, changing the subject. Her eyes glow with childish wonder. It was very difficult to say no to those babydoll eyes.

"Oh, sure," I said, not having the heart to say "no." The four of us moved over to the benches and sat down. I do not know how long we sat there and talked. We told many stories of our adventures (well, I could only tell so many). But, before I knew it, I had to leave.

"Our talk was so splendid! I cannot wait until the next time we meet up. Maybe, we can fight an Akuma together sometime," Vesperia exclaimed, joyously.

"Me too!" Polymouse seconded.

"I as well," I replied, brightly.

"I do hope it is soon. It is a ninety-four percent chance that we will become close friends in the future," Pegasus explained, reaching out his hand. I narrow my eyes slightly at such...familiar wording of this man. Strange.

Still, I shake his hand.

"Ditto," I said my final word. Giving one final wave, I swing off back to the mansion. A mansion, not a home. A home I am starting to see within the rebels of Paris.

I did not mind this, not one bit.

{+}{+}{+}

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

30.9K 862 34
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 years ago, Hawk Moth was defeated. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 year ago, Shadow Moth appeared. 𝐀𝐍𝐃 this year, our original Ladybug and Chat Noir have return...
484K 11.3K 60
During their Junior year in Highschool, Marinette was forced to go back to her roots. The country of China. Leaving her friends, and Adrien was hard...
76.3K 4.1K 47
When an akumatized victim begins to attack Marinette with the supervision of Hawkmoth, Chat Noir attempts at being her protector. Due to a distracti...
1.9K 108 17
Unable to transform in time, Marinette sacrifices her life to save Adrien from an assassin. With the help of the Kwamis, Adrien is able to bring her...