Harry Potter and the Hunger G...

由 iSawJamesFirst

After the death of Albus Dumbledore in 1997, the Dark Side grows stronger and more invincible. Harry has deci... 更多

Chapter 1: An Unpleasant Letter
Chapter 2: The Other Lions
Chapter 3: Back at The Burrow
Chapter 4: The Rebellious Victor
Chapter 5: Unexpected Scene
Chapter 6: New Arrangements
Chapter 7: The Hunger Games
Chapter 8: Short Trip to the Room of Requirement
Chapter 9: Ravenclaw's Lost Diadem
Chapter 10: The Serpent's Skull
Chapter 11: Salazar's Voluntary Tributes
Chapter 12: Hogwarts Reaping
Chapter 13: Malfoy's Trial
Chapter 14: Training
Chapter 15: Hawk in the Lion's Den
Chapter 16: Confinement
Chapter 17: Temporal Liberty
Chapter 18: Heart of the Cousin
Chapter 20: Support From the Weasleys
Chapter 21: Clues of the Prince
Chapter 22: One Dark Month
Chapter 23: Riddle's Visit
Chapter 24: Portkeys and Arenas
Chapter 25: Change of Plans
Chapter 26: Flee of the Thestrals
Chapter 27: Riot at Gringotts
Chapter 28: Lestrange's Vault
Chapter 29: The Dark Lord's Fury
Chapter 30: Visit to Hogsmeade
Chapter 31: The Head Gamemaker's Masterpiece
Chapter 32: The Final Battle
Chapter 33: Lost and Found
Chapter 34: Fire and Fled
Chapter 35: Truth be Told
Chapter 36: Failure and Success
Chapter 37: Survivors, Victors and Heroes
Chapter 38: The Problem with Snow
Epilogue

Chapter 19: The Tension

389 11 5
由 iSawJamesFirst

"Why, Katniss? Just why?"

"I couldn't just sit there and watch her walk to death, Mum! I'd rather risk myself," said Katniss to her mother, a little bit outraged, questioning why her mother would cry over her being a tribute again than have Prim's name in the Goblet of Fire.

Of course, her mother didn't know she was a tribute until she came back with Prim. It came as a huge shock for her that Katniss dared to stay than to run away, into the woods. It was what she was planning to do anyway; break the news to her mother, run. But she couldn't bear to do it. Even she felt like crying when she thought about it. She was her mother, after all. There was no way she would be returning next year. That brought her to Peeta. She didn't want to think what his family thought about it. Then there was the matter with Gale. Would they survive? Even if they did, Katniss had to spend six more years not to hear any news about Prim being a tribute. Not in Hogwarts. Not in Panem. Not in District 12. Snow would remain on power at Hogwarts as long as Voldemort was alive. But he will still have the power to rule Panem.

The only solution was for them to die. But what chance did she have? Start an uprising? How will that even be possible? Katniss thought. Even Harry Potter held the title as a tribute. And it was definitely not something to be proud of. The same thing went to her. She wondered whether she will still be called the Girl on Fire. Over time she thought of how useless it had become. The students of Hogwarts knew nothing special behind it. Except for the ones who came from Panem. They were like the Capitol itself, calling out "Girl on Fire" or "Fire Girl" in a mocking way when they passed her in the school corridor.

Katniss' mother couldn't say anything afterwards. Nobody knew how this was going to end. Will the Hunger Games still be played in Panem? Apparently, the whole districts were celebrating it. They thought the Games was finally over. Katniss wasn't sure. And she didn't think she will be able to find out. The Games, everything, was haunting her to death. There was Voldemort. President Snow. The Hunger Games. When she thought about it, she was better dead. But if she told this to the people she cared, they would definitely tell her how much she meant to them. At least, how important she is to the whole country. I'm not important, she thought airily.

The air in the house was unnerving. Katniss thought about going to see Gale. But even the idea seemed reckless. Instead, she proceeded into the woods, not really knowing what to do. All she knew was she could eventually wander around District 12 in peace. Not literally. It was that she could do almost anything without worrying if anyone was watching, whatever it was. Snow must be planning on how to kill my family, she thought. She was about to grab her archery set when she realized that Gale had taken them to Hogwarts, storing them in Hagrid's hut. She wondered if he'd brought them back. But she didn't bother to ask him. Besides, she didn't have her gamebag. In the end, she found herself staring at the lake. Thingking ... Just thinking ...

That was when Gale showed up. Unlike her, he had two hares in both hands. Three quails hung from a rope around his neck. By the looks of it, he had been hunting all day. She knew he had been setting up snares. How came she didn't notice his presence?

"Last look, huh?" He said.

"Where have you been?" Katniss asked.

"Hunting for games, obviously," he shrugged.

"Straight away after-?"

"After I got home, yeah," Gale sighed. "I think they'd notice it by now. I'm surprised it took you a long time to get here."

Katniss didn't say anything. It would be hard for her. So she got up and scaled a maple tree - for some reason.

"You know, Katniss," Gale continued, "We could run away like ... right now."

"It won't be simple, we both know that," said Katniss. "They will know."

"Within a day Panem will find out you're going back in the arena," said Gale. "What is there to hide?"

"Reveal my identity, more like."

"What, a witch?" Gale snorted. But Katniss was being serious. At the same time, Gale had his point. Even though the whole Panem never finds out, her death in her second Games will spread like wildfire. Everyone will wonder what caused it. And they will know she was a witch. And being a Muggle-born witch was one of the few things she kept to herself. It wasn't easy when she first received her Hogwarts letter. Her mother had to tell people around District 12 that she studied outside and would only come back during Christmas break and the summer holidays. That was it.

The day was getting cold. Katniss and Gale had to return into their houses early. But she didn't feel like entering hers yet. So after dropping Gale at his house, she proceeded into the town. Bakery. She thought. She wanted to get something now that she had all the money. Prim had always admired the cakes there. That was back when they were so young. But Katniss still felt like her sister needed at least a taste of the cakes. Katniss had to admit she always felt the same. Back then, they couldn't afford anything. Even if Katniss could trade, she was too shy. It was her father who usually traded at the bakery.

On the way there, Katniss heard her name in a very familiar voice. One that almost soothed her. She turned to see Peeta jogging in her direction. She could not mistake the yellow Hufflepuff scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Hey," she greeted.

"Hi," he said. "Been hunting?"

"Not really," she shrugged.

"How was your mum?"

"Pretty upset, so to speak. You?"

"Same," he said. "Although, since they've read the letter I sent to them, they're not surprised to hear the news. Said it had to be about us. Anyone wouldn't have caused such trouble. But I told them your name never came out; you volunteered. Still, they're just trying to ... you know, break you."

Katniss stared at him. Trying, that was the word there. They tried by Reaping Prim. Gale. Now Peeta. But she volunteered. They were all together now. Prim might have been the Snitch, or Gale, or Peeta. Her action might have changed everything. There was still the real issue between President Snow and Voldermort's power. She really hated that Snow found out about her status of being a witch. Almost all of the names that came out of the Goblet were arranged, she just knew it. She knew, if she hadn't volunteered, Gale, Peeta, and a lot other tributes of Gryffindor would look after Prim for her sake. But a betrayal would be possible too. She didn't want to think about Gale killing Peeta.

"Anyway, are you heading for the bakery?" Peeta asked.

"Yeah," said Katniss. "Is it open?"

"Of course,"

"I just want to get Prim something," said Katniss. "You know, she always admires your decorations. Now is my chance to do it. Probably the last."

"Don't say that, Katniss," Peeta said firmly. "It won't be the last."

And he was serious. Katniss said nothing afterwards. They continued their walk to the bakery. There was nobody at the front counter when they entered. So Katniss guessed Peeta had to work there today, that was why he came along. Not until she remembered that they were victors and victors weren't supposed to work or go to school - not to them. They were wizards. And they were once again tributes.

Katniss had some red velvet cupcakes with mint green icings on the top and a chocolate cake. A token from the Girl Who Was on Fire now. She made to pay when Peeta told her she could take them. Free of charge.

"What, is that why you came here? To tell me I don't need to pay?"

"Honestly, I don't even know why I'm out in town in the first place," he admitted. "Came here and saw you. The air in the house is not good."

"Try Haymitch."

Peeta snorted. Katniss even smiled a little. When they exited the place, Katniss' pocket still full of money, they really had no idea where to go. Wandering around the district was merely a choice. But they did it anyway. Walking around hand-in-hand. Katniss hadn't realized how much she missed the feeling when she felt Peeta rub his thumb on her hand. Most of the time, she had her mind on the Hunger Games. The first Quarter Quell ever held in Hogwarts. Students that came from Panem, all of them were in the Games except for Prim. The names were arranged, she thought. Peeta was right. She was right. Everyone was right. The Games was held there with the presence of President Snow under the authorities of the dark wizards, it is meant to destroy her, break her. Apparently, yet unintenionally, she had found a way to flee; by risking her life into it. Apart from that ...

"There are other reasons too," she muttered.

"Hmm?"

"The Games. We're not the only reason it happened. You-Know-Who wouldn't have let that,"

"Then who is?"

Katniss looked at him as though her intention was clearly written on her face. "Harry Potter."

A/N
Sorry for the late update y'all! Been busy with school. And I have an exam in the early of May so I would truly appreciate it if you guys wait :)

This chapter is supposed to include Harry at The Burrow. The title says it all. But apparently, I have a better idea. And yeah, comment (or PM) if you want me to include more Everlark moments! I know you're hungry for it *inserts a smirking emoji*. AND DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE ★★★

Hope you enjoyed this one ♥♡♥♡♥♡

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

2.2M 71K 116
"He'd do it again if it meant she got the chance to live." "He looked at her, actually looked at her, and wondered how anyone who saw her, didn't fal...
45.5K 1.4K 19
And so the basilisk is slain, and you are returned for your 3rd year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Your feelings laid bare and your...
2.4K 37 12
Eternal Glory awaits welcome to the fourth chapter of rerun of the Harry Potter franchise in the Harry and Hermione version of The Goblet Of Fire as...
4.4K 164 24
Roxanne was a student at Hogwarts, a proud Hufflepuff that had managed to befriend not only Albus Dumbledore but his troublemaker secret friend, Gell...