My YouTube Prince

By Zeemzie

"This is from Jessheart12. She said 'you guys definitely have feelings for each other'" he read out. "Is that... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Appreciation Chapter
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-two
Chapter Sixty-three
Chapter Sixty-four
Chapter Sixty-five
Chapter Sixty-six
Chapter Sixty-seven

Chapter Fifty-nine

473 101 18
By Zeemzie

The blurry images of trees breezed past us and I stared out the window, mindlessly enjoying the view. The road was clear with the exception of two or three cars and Yinka was driving at the exact car speed limit along the long, winding road.

Mr. and Mrs. Coker had travelled to Osun state for a friend's father's burial ceremony. The next day, an uneventful Friday morning, Yinka suggested we go out on a date later that afternoon. I made sure to finish my duties on time and then we drove back to my place so I could get properly dressed.

He hinted that I wear something comfortable, so I knew it wasn't somewhere highly prim and proper or reserved for classy people with exquisite tastes. Even with the hint, I still took quite a while to get ready. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that he was going to make things official. I wanted to look nice but at the same time, I didn't want to get ahead of myself.

I settled on a white long-sleeved, chest hollow out mesh crop top coupled with a spaghetti-strapped deep green Ankara mini gown with red clover-like designs and white sneakers. The gown stopped a few inches above my knees with a small back slit, a red bow to the side of my waist and clung to me like a glove. The gown was a gift from my previous modelling and advertisement gig.

I went for a natural make-up look. The sun was scorching hot and I didn't want to prance around with dripping or cracked up makeup. As an avid box braids representative, I had my braids in a half-up, half-down style and last but not least, my couple necklace rested on my chest, just a couple inches from where the mesh top ended and the gown began.

Yinka's hand placement on my exposed thigh pulled me back into the confinements of the car. I glanced at him through the side of my eyes and noticed a notorious naughty smirk begin to form on the corner of his mouth.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him before returning to the scene outside the car.

He took my silence and indifference as a green light to start slow and sensual motion on my thigh with his hand. I felt the cold metal of his wristwatch on his wrist, make contact with my skin and made me slightly flinch.

I angled my head to him and raised an eyebrow at him, holding an amused smile. His eyes remained on the road for a good minute before he gave into my drilling stare and spared me a glance. The moment his eyes landed on my face, he immediately burst out laughing and returned his hand to the steering wheel just in time to turn into the premises of our destination.

"You're not serious" I laughed, throwing my head back.

We found a good parking spot in no time, there were not many cars parked in outside the building. Once the engine went off, I got out of the car and began to stretch out my legs from sitting in the car for a while. Yinka got out of the car, locked and tried the door twice to be sure before making his way around to my side.

Then, we walked hand in hand to the fairly tall building ahead. I made sure to subtly fall back and admire the wonderful man holding unto my hand. He could put on the simplest article of clothing and make it look highly stylish. He had on an all-black outfit; a fitted tee and fairly ripped jeans with perfectly white sneakers. A solid silver curb chain along with his couple necklace, a silver Rolex and a pair of designer shades were the only accessories he adorned himself with.

On our way in, I noticed the words 'LEKKI CONSERVATION CENTRE' indicated on the building and I began budding thoughts on what to expect. I was sure I'd heard of this place once but was never moved to dream of going.

We met five more people sitting in the waiting area. After a brief period, we discovered that we were all scheduled for the 2 pm tour session. Shortly after being given a wrist tag to signify payment, a tall lanky man approached the group and began giving a welcome speech of what to expect and our dos and don'ts.

In no time, we were all strolling across a wooden ridged pathway leading into the rain forest with the eight others. The lovely trees on both sides of the pathway gave a serene, forestry, romantic vibe to the place. The tour guide would make occasional stops to explain certain facts about the area we had ventured into. We got to see crocodiles resting in the swamp, monkeys moving around in the trees, snakes and others.

A trio ahead of Yinka and I had stopped to take pictures whilst I was in the motion of making yet another Snapchat video and didn't catch the stop on time, almost bumped into them.

Just as I was catching my footing, someone brushed me to the side from behind as they walked past me. Yinka was quick to catch me by the waist and pull me to his side. I barely registered the apology that was rendered to me because shortly after Yinka's quick save, his hand slid down my waist and gave my petite butt a firm squeeze.

I stared up at him, mouth wide open before chuckling and smacking him lightly across the chest. He was being extra touchy today and to be honest, I couldn't complain because I felt flutters in my tummy at every little contact.

"Bad guy!" A male voice hailed from behind us.

Our heads both swivelled to meet the owner of the voice at the same time. Two average heightened guys were coming up right behind us, one taller and skinnier than the other. The shorter and buffer one was spotting a neat fade haircut while the other had a small afro and were both wearing white tees and blue skinny jeans.

"Guy, we just saw that sharp move" the taller guy added whilst his friend held an amused grin.

Yinka chuckled and I turned around, covering my face as I let out a peal of embarrassed laughter. Surely, they caught up to us and in a blink of an eye, we were all acquainted. The skinny, tall guy was Tunde and his friend, Deji.

"All these Igbo babes, dem dey always fine. Nice to meet you, Neye" Tunde said, after our brief exchange.

"Shey no be scope be this?" Yinka joked, raising an eyebrow at him and casually throwing an arm over my shoulder. (Is this your way of picking her up?)

He raised his hands in mock surrender. "Ah, boss. Never"

"You look really familiar. Are you some kind of influencer or something?" Deji directed at Yinka. His eyebrows knitted, trying hard to recollect.

Yinka chuckled lightly. "Really?"

"Nah true o. I just dey see am now" Tunde seconded

"I'm not" Yinka shook his head, laughing

Much later, when we were out of earshot. I asked why he didn't just tell them he was an Artiste/YouTuber. He replied with a casual shrug saying 'he just wanted to enjoy his time and vibe naturally with them'.

Just before we progressed unto the anticipated, longest canopy walkway in Africa, we stopped to take some group and couple pictures. Amazing photo credits went to our hilarious newly acquainted friends.

"Be careful with your phone" Yinka warned from behind me.

"Okay" I threw over my shoulder

I was now walking ahead of the trio, taking videos of the forest below us and just enjoying the beautiful scenery of nature around us. The 401 meters canopy walkway was situated high up above the forest ground. It was wobbly but completely secure. If you had the fear of heights, it would be a real problem crossing it but the experience was fun and thrilling and completely worth it. I would occasionally pipe in on their conversation when needed and laugh along.

After our touring experience, we were all settled down in an open grassland under a large thatched gazebo; the designated picnic area. We were sipping on a coconut drink from the actual green coconut husk, just after devouring freshly barbecued fish. I was watching a family of five playing one of the provided jungle gym games at a far end of the open field before a presence emerged at my side.

I looked up to find a beautiful dark-skinned girl standing a few inches away from Yinka. She had on a waist-long Brazilian wig held in place by a red bandana scarf, a red crop top and black high waist jean trousers.

"Hi, I'm Rhoda. I was wondering if I could get your number and maybe hang out later" She said, moving her phone from one hand to the other.

Silence ensued immediately after the request was made and my eyes jammed curious yet amused Tunde's gaze. I averted my eyes to the field and sipped on my coconut drink to hide my snarky smile but my ears were solely invested in the conversation, more like Yinka's response.

"No, thank you. I'm with her" I felt his hand on my thigh accompanied with a light pat.

From the corner of my eye, I saw the shock followed by an embarrassed expression that filled her face. She did a little head bow whilst uttering a quick apology and then walking off to meet her friend standing off at the corner.

The silence lasted till the girl and her friend disappeared from our view before Deji spoke up, leaning forward on the concrete bench.

"Shey una resemble siblings ni?" he said. (Do you guys look like siblings?)

That was enough to fill the silence with loud, hearty laughter. I lightly chuckled and shook my head at them and the hilarity of the entire situation then returned to my drink.

"This one Neye is not saying anything..." Deji trailed off

I let out a small laugh. "What do you want me to say?" I slapped the back of my hand against the other palm. "She probably mustered up a lot of courage to ask for his number, I actually feel for her"

What can I do? Na me go carry mammy water as partner.

"Wow," Tunde clapped his palms loudly. "The bigger person. Matured aunty"

I did a mock bow and threw air kisses at my imaginary subjects. "Thank you, thank you"

A few minutes after we finished our coconuts, we decided to take a quick stroll over to the tilapia fishpond and then to the second fish pond with exotic fish. After feeding, Yinka decided to take Deji on a round of friendly chess games. I was tempted to try one of the floor games but was still getting back my energy from walking over that long canopy walkway. My outfit didn't really allow for any lackadaisical movements.

Yinka approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's getting late and we have to get going" he glanced at his watch then helped me rise to my feet.

The other guys joined us shortly and exchanged goodbye handshakes with Yinka and me.

"We'll keep in contact," Tunde said, his tone trying to seek affirmation

"Of course" Yiinka stated.

They'd exchanged numbers during our lunch break after sharing similar views on a certain football player. Typical men behaviour.

As I walked over to the car tucked in Yinka's embrace, a subtle feeling of disappointment lingered within me. I'd hoped that we'd become official today. I couldn't understand the need to go all out and be romantic with it. Or was it a ruse to avoid commitment?

Nah, he wouldn't. I mentally shook off the thought.

"You're awfully quiet" Yinka spoke up, gently squeezing my shoulder.

"Hmm" I lifted my eyes to meet his. "Oh, I'm just tired"

"Yeah?" he placed a soft kiss on the side of my temple.

I released a sigh and wrapped my arms around his torso. "Yeah"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I closed my eyes for a brief moment during the ride back home and opened them to an unknown environment. The sun had already set and the sky dark. I turned to Yinka just in time to see him turn off the ignition of the car.

"Where are we?" I asked, stretching out my stiff limbs.

"I just want to get something," he said, unbuckling his seatbelt

I stifled a yawn. "Do I need to come down with you?"

"No, it's fine. Just stay here" he grabbed the keys, unlocked the door and got down.

I stretched out my legs again then pulled out my phone to check the time. The bright light from my phone screen made me wince before it automatically adjusted to the environment. The time read, 8:01 pm.

Ten minutes later and I was now re-watching the videos I took today. Two quick knocks on my window glass coupled with a sudden appearance of a presence nearly jerked my soul out of my body. I turned to the presence and met a young lady peering into the car window.

"Please come out" she mouthed and then stepped back

What's going on?

With knitted brows of confusion, I pushed open the door but didn't step out. "I'm sorry. My boyfriend would soon be out. He just went in to drop someth-"

"Please follow me, ma" the lady, who I now noticed was dressed in a uniform, said firmly

I looked back into the car and then searched around for Yinka before returning to her. "Why?"

"I was told to come with you, ma" the lady insisted

"Who? Why? To where?" I asked as I manually flipped the car locks and stepped out.

She was insistent on not disclosing any information. All she did was point off in the distance, gesturing I walk ahead.

"Where is this place?" I muttered to myself as I placed a phone call to Yinka. Why was he not answering his phone?

Ahead of us were round-shaped duplexes that gave off village hut vibes, each separated by short walking distances. The environment was well lit, the ground was covered with beach sands and coconut trees situated in between every thatched house we walked past.

I could smell and feel the sea breeze even before we reached the clear beach sand and got a mesmerizing view of the crashing waves of the ocean. Even though the place was well lit, it was still dark so I couldn't get a clear view of my environment. From a distance, I could see small open thatched shades lined up and turned over plastic chairs and tables under each of them.

Are we at some kind of beach?

"Sorry, please what is this place?" I asked the lady who was walking ahead of me.

"La Campagne Tropicana, beach resort" she answered, then stopped right in front of one of the duplexes. "Please go in"

I eyed her and the building warily before progressing forward with slow, reluctant steps. I glanced at my phone in time to see a message from Yinka appear.

COME IN

My inhibitions dropped and curiosity took over. I made my way over to the front of the duplex and slowly pushed the door open. The corridor was dimly lit by strips of blue LED festive lights on each side. It felt like I was walking through a portal, even though it was a short corridor. I peered further into the room and the LED lights ran across the whole place from my viewpoint.

Just as I stepped into what I presumed would be the living room, a soft tune began to play along with a steady beat. It was familiar.

"In the blink of an eye, just a whisper of smoke" a voice sang out from my left.

I whipped my head in that direction and found Yinka leaning against the wall, holding a microphone. There were mini golden floor lamps placed strategically around the room and they illuminated his face. My lips parted slightly, my arms subconsciously wrapped around my midriff and my eye wandering around in confusion.

What's happening? Wait... Was this it? Oh my God, this was it.

"So I'll kiss you longer baby, any chance that I get" Yinka pushed off the wall as he sang began to saunter towards me.

I placed a hand over my mouth as I burst into laughter at how cheesy and cliché this whole ordeal was.

"I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regret
Let's take our time to say what we want
Use what we got before it's all gone
'Cause no, we're not promised tomorrow"

He came to stand in front of me. "So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you-" he took my hand in his and I couldn't stop smiling. "-I'm gonna hold you like I'm going to say goodbye"

Aw, I knew it sounded familiar.

"Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted
'Cause we'll never know when, when we'll run out of time
So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you"

He placed the mic on the floor, gently and closed up the extra space between us. "I know you didn't really care about all this over the top stuff but I really wanted to show you how much I care about you--" he shook his head. "-no, love, how much I LOVE you. And I do."

Can someone tell me why my chest is tightening and my eyes are watering?

"Oh God," I murmured in frustration as I wiped away the treacherous tear that slid down my face but another fell, and another, till I couldn't even stop them.

He chuckled as he cupped my face, using his thumbs to wipe my face. "I'm sorry"

"I can't believe this" I bit my lip and lifted my eyes to the ceiling in hopes that the tears would stop falling.

"I'll make this quick then" he joked and took both hands in his. "Would you, officially, be my girlfriend?"

I rolled my eyes despite my wide smile. "Finally. Yes, duh"

He chuckled. "I made you wait quite a while, didn't I?"

I groaned out dramatically as I wiped the waning tears. "I was thinking I'd probably have to ask you out myself at this point"

He laughed. "Would you?"

"I might have, you never know" I tipped up my chin.

He let go of my hands and gently cupped my face. He placed a soft kiss on my foreheadbefore placing a much deeper one on my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was it?
Did I live up to your expectations?

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 6.2K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...
16.8K 463 30
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...
5.3K 92 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
102K 2.9K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...