The Buddy System. *Complet...

By Caffinated_Mama

Back to Hogwarts, Raelyn felt like she was starting all over again. No family, no friends. She was destined t... More

Cast Ideas
Return to Hogwarts
Conversing with Snakes
Can't Sleep
Potions Class
Classroom antics
Meeting Her
An Unexpected Meet Up
Painting
The Broom Cupboard
Knowing You Better
WOW
Getting Out
While I was sleeping
The Makeover
Apologies
Opening Up
Kissing
Flashback
Hanging with Snakes
The Battle talk
The Date - prt 1
The Date - prt 2
Meetings & Greetings
Leap of Faith?
The Memory
Dean Thomas
Initiations to the Snake Club
Morning After
Like Old Times
Seeing Stars
Azkaban
Dancing
Dearest Azaleah
Dancing in the rain
Breakfast
Shopping
Lucas
Love and War
Quidditch
Hexing & Humour
The Party
News
Packing
Preparations for Arrival
Reunited
Catch Ups
Letters
Trying to Understand
Healer
New styles and stories
Draco
Our Song
The Tree
The prick arrived
Letters
Vulgar Talk
Three Letters
A Letters Request
Lagos
Wren
Home Truths
The Real Teeny
Prick!
Sorting Out Our Issues
More truths
What Ifs
Supermarket
Spice Men
Good Ole Dad
What Needed To Be Said
Christmas Past
Christmas Presents
Castle Escape
Sunrise
Unexpected Meetings
Gifts
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Getting To Know You
Reunion
New Years Eve
Party Prep
Happy New Year!
Minister Visit
St. Mungo's
Plot Twist
Planning
January Blues
New Term
Hospital Wing
Bleeding
Theory
Burn
The Tower
You Heard Me
Pain!
Read My Mind
Trouble Finding Me
Appeal
Fucking Creep
Imperious Curse
Are They Always Like This?
The Answer?
Lucius Malfoy
A Book
To your health
Getting Organised
Blackmail
Toothache
First Year
Kissing
Theodore
Bed Rest
Bolting
Heart to Heart
Round Two
A Trip Down Memory Lane
A Trip Down Memory Lane - part II
The Tape
Lestrange
Celebrating
Unusual Proposal
Buddy Session
Future Plans
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

The Buddy System

58 3 0
By Caffinated_Mama

I moved to the next couch. Our couch.

"Can I sit?" I asked politely, trying to break the ice.

"I'd rather you didn't but I don't have a choice do I." He snaps not looking up at me.

"Of course you do." I waved my wand and conjure a cushion on the floor taking a seat on it.

Draco looks at me for a minute. "I could have done that."

"I'm sure you could have but you didn't need to. Besides it's me that needed a seat. Not you."

"My mother would have a fit if she saw you on the floor. Swap." He finally catches my eye.

"No I am fine."

"I wasn't asking."

"And I am not listening."

He scoffs at that and starts to play on the hem of his trouser leg which is balancing on the other.

"Well are you going to talk?" He asks.

"What would you like me to say?"

"How should I know? McGonagall says we have to talk."

"And why would I want to talk to someone who has zero interest in me or what I have to say?"

"I'm in the same boat."

There is another few minutes of silence. The hall is overcome with people chatting. I looked to Blaise and Harry to actually see them laughing.

Ginny and Pansy are at the other side of you and Draco. They seem to be at least making an effort you notice as I hear Pansy compliment Ginny's hair and ask about her family.

I know I can't sit here and sulk for an hour as the professors were walking around the hall checking in on each duo.

Suck it up Raeyln.

"I saw your mother earlier at the station."

Draco's head shot up and he looked at me with his nostrils flared. "And what?" He demanded.

"She is very beautiful." I say shyly.

He looks sceptical. "Oh...ah...yes she is."

"You look like her."

He smirks at me as my face pales. Did I actually just say that?

"Did you just call me beautiful Diggory?"

"Well...I mean you are good looking. And by gosh don't you know it. But your handsome. When you aren't being a complete asshole, that is."

"Sod off Diggory."

"Well your mother is beautiful. She seems to love you very much. You're very lucky."

"Are you serious? Do you know who my father is? Do you know what I have had to do? Where the hell have you been these last few years!" He temper was rising again.

"I never mentioned your father did I? I said you were lucky your mother loves you. And for your information I have been right here. In the same school as you. In the same year, even the same classes for the last 7 years. We have met before, maybe you don't remember? And I have seen you around school. I see a lot more than people think."

"Like what then?"

"Like you. I saw you during 6th year. I saw how broken you were. How much what was happening to you affected you."

"You know nothing."

"Really? I saw a boy who had absolutely no choice in any of his decisions. I didn't know exactly what was happening. Only that he seemed...lost. He had no one. No one to talk to. No one to confide in and listen to him. You pretend that you are this tough guy Draco but I can see that it's not who you really are. Not who you want to be. Not anymore at least. Remember our little meeting last time? You told me. But I also know that old habits die hard and you're still being a bit of a dick and pushing everyone away."

"I like this communication going on." Professor McGonagall smiled as she stopped by the couch. "Maybe not the choice of language Miss Diggory but you are talking. Keep up the good work, both of you. Mr Malfoy? Would you like to reply?"

He looked annoyed for a few seconds and then gave a heavy sigh.

"Well, I suppose I never did have anyone I thought I could trust enough to tell my troubles to anyway. I didn't exactly grow up in a household where we shared our love and dreams with each other. Well except my mother. I could always talk to her as she always knew exactly what I was going through. And she is always on my side. No matter what. And you're right, I was...lost as you say. I didn't know howbto deal and so I pushed everyone away. Isolated myself which just made matters worse. I am working on changing. And I remember...everything."

McGonagall walked off at that happy with our responses.

"I think you have already made significant changes."

"Are you close to your mother?"

"I was. She died fighting when Death Eaters infiltrated the ministry."

He stiffened at this. I already knew very well that he was there that day. It wasn't a big shock. Most of Riddle's followers were there that day. 

"I am sorry." He managed to choke out.

I shrugged. "Don't be. You were given an impossible task and I know you didn't kill her."

"Do you know who it was?" He looked like he already knew the answer but wanted to check anyway.

"Bellatrix Lestrange. Your aunt. Again don't worry about it. It has nothing to do with you."

His cheeks pooled red. He looked everywhere but at me. Like he couldn't look me in my eyes.

"Can I ask you something?" I smiled at him.

"Uh...I guess...I mean...If you have to."

And he was back to his snappy self. Lovely. "How was your summer?"

"Sorry?"

"I mean after everything that happened. After the battle. I'm sure it was an adjustment."

"That's an understatement." He thought again choosing his words carefully. "It wasn't easy. My father was locked up obviously. Still is. My mother and I were exonerated thanks to testimonials from both Potter and Granger."

"Really?"

"I was just as shocked."

"I'm not shocked actually. I was at the battle. I saw you throw your wand to Harry. That was very brave."

"Yeah well. After the trails mother and I went home and we actually spent the summer renovating the Manor."

"Sounds like fun."

"Does it? Maybe to you. It was incredibly boring. But we are still being watched and there wasn't much else we could do."

"Why?"

"Because I am an ex-death eater. A lot of people still hate us. Granted Potter speaking for us helped loads and most people have moved on. But not everyone. It's just something we have to get used to."

"That's awful."

"Life is not as simple as you make it out to be. Maybe in your perfect world it is but not for normal people." I think he realised last minute what he said as his eyes widened as he looked up to judge my reaction.

And I saw red!

"Perfect world?" Was he fucking kidding me?

"I meant -"

"That I am not like normal people. Yeah I heard."

"Shit, come on -"

"You know I am glad people don't have to deal with the life I have. My brother and mother killed by a power hungry coward who had his minions do everything for him. One best friend joining him and becoming a death eater and killing the other best friend. And a father who admitted that the wrong child of his died and how he wished it was me."

His head whipped around to look at me. His mouth hung open.

"Yeah my life is fucking amazing! I am 17years old and completely alone. I spent my summer listening to my father try to drink himself into an early grave. In the end I'd had enough and I left. Apologies if that was making it sound simple."

He looked at me as if waiting for another outburst.

Professor McGonagall, who was oblivious to our conversation, called for attention. "Well that was great! I am very pleased with each and every one of you. We will pick this up again tomorrow. As you can see the last class of everyday is going to be your buddy counselling session. Make sure you are all here promptly at 2pm tomorrow. Goodnight all."

I was on my feet before she had even finished her sentence. I wanted nothing more than to be away from him.

"Em...listen...I am-"

"It's fine. You don't like me. I get it. Better save some of your insults for tomorrow. Sounds like you will be seeing a lot more of me. Unless you can convince McGonagall to swap me with someone else."

I walked out of the hall and up the stairs. I was bloody furious! Who was he to tell me I wasn't normal? Bloody prick!

I practically ran up to 5th floor and along the corridor. When I arrived at the door and rapped on the knocker for the riddle.

"How far can you walk into the woods?" You loved riddles. Even if you couldn't always get them straight away. This one was particularly easy.

"Halfway — after that, you're walking out."

The door opened and I stepped into common room. This was once one of my favourite places in the world. The ceiling was dome shaped and a dark blue with stars on it. The carpet which sat around the outside of the circular tower was the same colour with the same stars.

The arched windows set into the walls of our circular common room look down at the school grounds: the lake, the Forbidden Forest, the Quidditch pitch and the Herbology gardens. No other house in the school has such stunning views.

I headed up to my dorm. The exciting part of being a senior was having your own room. At least the Ravenclaws did. I wasn't sure of the others.

I headed up the spiral staircase to the very top of the tower. The tower looked ordinary from the outside. But as this was, after all, a magical school, it was enchanted to a corridor on which there were 10 doors. One for each girl.

My room was the very first on the corridor.  My name was engraved on a small silver plaque. Opening the door I stepped inside to my room.

A four poster bed sat against the far wall with blue curtains hanging on the posts.
The same curtains lined the large arched window. The wooden floor was covered with a round Ravenclaw rug and a blue velvet armchair sat next to a large bookcase.

Finally I felt at home.

Not that I really minded sharing a dorm room before but it was nice to have my own space.

I opened my trunk and using my wand began to unpack my trunk. As I did out popped my Pygmy Puff. A little creature I bought from Weasleys Wizard Wheezes. Something to keep me company but which didn't need much looking after as mine liked to hide and be by itself.

A bit like me.

Most Pymgy Puffs were pink or purple but mine was a dusky blue colour. The softest little creature ever. I adore mine. I just got her over the summer.

"Welcome to Hogwarts Bleu. I have some food from dinner for you." I set her onto my window seat and handed her a napkin I have filled with chicken and bits a bread.

I then head to my bathroom to shower and get ready for bed. I brush my teeth and put on my pyjamas.

Being a witch definitely has its perks. For one I hated the duvet and bedding in school. It was always so light and the room could get very cold.

This is why I bought a set with me. I pull it out of my trunk and throw it into my bed. Discarding the school set into the bottom of my wardrobe.

Climbing into bed I pull my book out of my bag and pull the covers up around me and set out to bury myself in the world of Jo, Meg, Amy and Beth.

But even as I read, thoughts of a certain platinum idiot danced in my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 48.2K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
2.1M 57.7K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
196K 3.4K 57
A child would come into this world but not your normal baby, not only was she born into the Hale family but she was something the had never existed u...
761K 20.6K 76
α€™α€„α€Ία€Έα€Ÿα€¬ α€œα€°α€žα€¬α€Έα€α€½α€±α€€α€­α€―α€€α€šα€Ία€α€„α€Ία€”α€±α€α€²α€·α€†α€›α€¬α€α€”α€Ία€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€±α€™α€šα€·α€Ία€€α€­α€―α€šα€·α€Ία€‘α€α€½α€€α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€· α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€α€½α€±α€€α€―α€žα€•α€±α€Έα€™α€šα€·α€Ί α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€’α€±α€«α€€α€Ία€α€¬α€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€«..... #စဝ်ခ...