Drowning

By Pattykins

Anastasia Miller has been moved around her whole life while her mother tried to find a perfect husband. She’s... More

Preface
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

4.6K 108 5
By Pattykins

I opened the door to the Andrew’s gently pushing Matty in. “Matt, come on put it down.” I smiled as he messed with his Leappad, his new favorite thing.  I had to take it away from him last night just so he’d go to sleep. I pretty much smacked Z for giving it to him. The night was quiet and it went off without a hitch. Now I’m here to get ready for my date tonight with Finn. Mrs. Andrew’s promised to help me get ready and watch Matty tonight.

“Hey Kids.” Taylor smiled walking into the room in full uniform. If Finn was anything like his father, I hope he looks as good as him in the future. He’s damn hot in that uniform, sleeves folded up tightly on his biceps. Taylor may be hot in his uniform, but Finn is jaw dropping hot.  He makes my stomach quiver and my heart go into my throat when I see him. I tell you, if you could see him you’d be throwing your clothes off screaming ‘I’m ready for you!’ too.

“Hi Mr. Andy, Matty doesn’t want to put his new leapfrog down.” I smiled giving up and picking Matty up. I learned that Matty loves to be picked up, and he isn’t even that heavy. He smiled at me putting down the Leappad and putting his head on my shoulder.

“Every kid is like that with a new toy. AJ would sleep with it so her brothers wouldn’t take it from her.” I smiled as Matty started to play another game on it. I never had that when I was a kid. There were no new toys, no one to hide it from, well no toys really. I’m happy Matty is happy.

“Kids these days.” I smiled kissing his head. Bailey came into the room. She smiled at me.

“You’re here!” She smiled at me running over and pulling the two of us into a hug. “I’m so happy. Did you bring your dress? I have all of my stuff on Finn’s bed ready for you. Oh you’ll look beautiful.” She put her hands on my face. “This is going to be fun.” She smiled kissing my cheeks. I really do love Bailey. She’s just so nice. “When do you need to be on duty?” She asked her husband brightly.

“I have to leave in a couple hours.” He winked at me. “I’ll take this little guy so he doesn’t have to do all those damn girly things.” He smiled taking Matty into his arms. “Let’s go watch a movie.” He smiled at him walking into the living room.  Bailey smiled at rubbing my cheeks.

“Go get into the shower! We don’t have much time to make you even more beautiful than you already are.” I shook my head as she pushed me towards the bathroom. “Hurry!” She laughed as I turned the water on. I could take quick showers. I do it all the time. I’m a lazy person and don’t feel like standing there for long periods of time. I got undressed and showered quickly wrapping myself in a towel. I could hear talking in the front room as I went into Fin’s room and got dressed in one of Finn’s PT shirts. I pulled my hair into a bun and walked to the stairs.

“We just have a couple more questions to ask you, Gunny.” I looked down the stairs to see a women and a man sitting on the couch in suits. I blinked not knowing what to do.

“I don’t understand what is going on. Danny wouldn’t do anything like that. He barely even punishes his kids because he’s afraid he’d scare them.”

“We understand that but you see Sir, this is an investigation. Staff Sergeant Daniel Miller is on the top of our list of suspects.” I shook my head. Danny wouldn’t do anything like that. The women pulled a picture out of her bag.

“Do you know this man?” Bailey clutched Taylor’s hand.

“No, I don’t know any of this! Danny is a good man.” I walked down the stairs making everyone look at me.

“Ana, get back upstairs. I’ll be there in a minute.” I swallowed nervously. The man stood up and looked at me.

“I’m Special Agent Garrett Donohue, and this is Special Agent Grace McCloud.” I nodded and folded my arms as Agent Donohue showed me his badge. “We’re with NCIS. Do you know Staff Sergeant Miller?” I nodded.

“Did something happen with him?” He shook his head.

“There has been some unexplainable things going on and we want answers. They lead to back to him. Do you know him?” I nodded.

“He’s my Dad.” Agent Donohue looked back at Agent McCloud. Taylor stood up walking towards me putting his hand on my back. He was telling me he was here and he wasn’t going to leave while they were here. He was protecting me.

“Have you seen this man? Ever heard about him?” I looked at the picture they showed me.

“What do you think Danny did?” His partner cleared her throat telling him he shouldn’t tell me.

“There has been a murder.” He sighed. I shook my head.

“Not Danny. He’s been gone for a week. He’s been with us.” Agent Donohue looked at me.

“I need to know if you’ve seen this man.” I looked at Taylor. He nodded.

“Yeah, I’ve seen him before.” Agent Donohue cocked his head. His grey eyes were burning into me.

“I need to know where. I want to help you. But I need to know who he is, what his name is, and how you know him. You have to understand, I don’t want you to get hurt.” I bit my lip.

“I don’t know him through Danny. Danny doesn’t know him.” He nodded writing this down in a notepad in his hand.

“How do you know him?”

“His name is Warner. He’s been around since I could never. My mom is in love with him.” Agent McCloud stood up.

“Do you have a last name on him?” I nodded.

“Rawls. It’s Warner Rawls. He is always around right before my mom’s divorces. She loves him, but he hates me.” I felt Taylor pull me into his arms. “Danny has nothing to do with him. It’s all my mom. It’s her.” Agent Donohue looked up from his pad.

“Do you know where your mother has been the past couple days, a week maybe?” I shook my head.

“I haven’t seen her in a while. She always disappears. That’s how she is.” Agent McCloud stood up.

“If Staff Sergeant Miller is your step-father do you know who your biological father is?” I shrugged.

“My mom wasn’t the simplest woman. She really liked it, till I came along. But I have an idea.” She urged me on.

“Do you think this Warner Rawls is your father?” I nodded.

“My mother has been chasing the man that walked out on her. She’s a terrible person, she’s the villain. Not Danny.” Agent Donohue cleared his throat.

“Would you mind giving us a DNA sample?” I cringed into Taylor.

“What for?” He asked holding me tighter.

“It’s nothing against her. We need a connection between the two. It’ll be painless, I promise.” I looked at Bailey as she sat on the couch.

“Will I be in trouble?” He shook his head.

“I promise. We need to clear your step-dad.” I nodded.

“Okay.” I watched as Agent McCloud went out to the car.

“Thank you, Ana.” I looked at him.

“Please don’t take my Dad away. He’s all I got. She’ll take me away. I don’t want to go.” He looked straight at me.

“I promise that I’m going to solve this and I’m going to find out what happened.” I smiled.

“Thank you.” Agent McCloud came back in.

“I need you to open your mouth.” She said pulling out a cotton swab, or a really big Q-tip. She put it in my mouth moving it around before putting it into a sterile bag. “All done.” She smiled putting the bag into her pocket before going to her other bag. “Ready to go, Boss?” Agent Donohue looked back at me.

“Here, if you think of anything. Or you need anything. Here is my number.” I took the card from him. “I’m never unreachable. Even at night.” I nodded.

“Thank you.” I smiled weakly at him. Bailey showed them out as Taylor held me.

“You did well.” I hugged him tightly.

“That was scary.” Bailey said walking back into the room. “I thought they were going to tell us that something happened to Conrad.” She said putting her hand on her heart.

“You’re alright.” Taylor said kissing my hair. He rubbed my arms. “You’re okay.” He clung to him tighter as Bailey rubbed my back as well.

“Thank you.” I smiled pulling back. He smiled at me as I looked at Bailey.

“Do you want me to call Finn and call the date off?” She asked stroking my hair. I shook my head.

“I could use the time out.” She smiled at me.

“Come on, let’s go get you ready.” She took my hand gently in her hand and pulled me upstairs. She sat me down on Finn’s bed putting my dress next to me. “We’ll get your hair and make-up on before putting your dress on.” I smiled at her as she pulled her make-up bag open and started on my hair. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 46 29
When the heartbroken and devastated Andrew and Lexi's paths cross each other, will they find love and solace for each other or they end up parting wa...
463 4 44
My name is Anastasia. I'm being sent to Nicaragua for eight months to change my life for the better...or else. How can a broken person like me ever b...
Katie By Darlene80

Teen Fiction

1.3K 26 30
Katie Bowman's life had always been perfect. At least to those looking in from the outside. She lived in a beautiful home, drove a luxury car and was...
1.4K 588 20
After her parents' divorce, a girl moves to a new home with her mother. There, she meets her new step-brother who turns out to be a complete jerk who...