Freedom Means Loving You

נכתב על ידי jungkookhello

It's the lantern rite but as always, Xiao expects he'll spend it by himself. Who would've thought a certain b... עוד

1
2
3
4

5

385 15 11
נכתב על ידי jungkookhello

A month has passed since the confession. Xiao feels he doesn't deserve the happiness- a sinner who did awful things beyond saving- but Venti always says not to let his past define him, that he does deserves happiness. They are currently enjoying the sunlight on the mountaintops of Juyeun Karst.

"You haven't left Liyue, right?" Venti rolls closer to him, the bard wiggles himself into the Yaksha's arms. Xiao moves- from laying on his back to his side, he hugs Venti back resting his chin on his lover's head. "Yes, I haven't. The demonic spirits can appear anytime anywhere"

"I want to take you to Mondsadt" Venti starts, the bard already knows Xiao's answer but the Yaksha doesn't speak so he continues, hoping to persuade the pensive adeptus. "It's the Windbloom festival tomorrow. I want to show my favorite spot. We can see the whole of Mondsadt from Starsnatch Cliff, the view is amazing."

"Windbloom festival. Is that your version of Lantern Rite?" Xiao replied. Venti smiles, he expected Xiao to reject his invitation but instead, he asks more about the celebration. 'Ah, he really changed for the good. Before, he's reluctant to show interest other than his duty'

"Yes, kind of. It's a celebration to commemorate Mondstadt's freedom"

"You mean it's a celebration for you" Xiao smiles, gently squeezing Venti's body. His eyes are closed basking in the sunlight and the unfamiliar now familiar floral scent of Venti's hair. "Basically, yes" Venti laughs, arms around Xiao's body drawing patterns on his exposed back.

"So, can you go? Pretty please?"

Xiao literally feels Venti pouting against his chest. "I want to but I'm not sure. My contract with Rex Lapis states I can't leave Liyue" The adeptus feels guilty for lusting over the idea of wanting to leave Liyue- it's the first time he considers it- but Mondsadt is the land of freedom and song- the home of his beloved Barbatos.

"Didn't the old man tell you your contract is over?" Venti turns to face Xiao, the adeptus looks down at him shaking his head. The bard groans. "Ugh, he says he has good memory but he forgets to tell you something so important".

"My contract is over? Impossible. I don't think Lord Rex Lapis will terminate the agreement- as long as the fallen gods buried in Guyun thirsts for revenge"

Venti stops tracing shapes on Xiao's skin. "I met Zhongli recently. I asked about your contract and he told me he's giving you more freedom. You still need to watch over Liyue but are allowed to leave whenever you want but not for long- Ha! Damn right, you've been locked in this place for centuries. About time I show you how big the world is but let's start at Mondsadt first"

A small smile grows on Xiao's face. He's thankful that Zhongli took him in and his master is kind- he internally sends his gratitude to the geo archon. "If the lord allows it, I'll go with you"

"Great!" Venti's melodious giggles sound like music in Xiao's ears. The bard looks up "It's already dark?! Wow, we spent alot of time here today. You've seen this place a thousand of times for sure, I hope it wasn't boring for you"

"Not at all. I am happy when I am with you" Xiao clears his throat in embarrassment, flustered when Venti laughs more. The bard grabs Xiao's cheeks, turning the adeptus' flaming face to him.

"Stop squishing me" Xiao grumbles. He looks stupid as Venti assaults his cheeks, pressing it together.

"When did you get so sappy?"

"It's all your fault"

"Can't blame me~ You look cute when I get sappy" Venti sing songs, finally releasing Xiao. The adeptus rubs his cheeks, it's red the archon grips like a leech. "Are you leaving?" Xiao looks up at Venti in alarm, the bard suddenly stood up and he watches as Venti stretches letting out a big yawn.

"I want to spend more time with you but I have to" Venti stretches out his hand and Xiao takes it, the archon pulls him up. "I have something to discuss with the Knights tonight and I'm running late" Venti looks around and he rushes near the cliff of the mountain when he finds what he needs. Xiao follows him, worried that he might trip and fall.

"Be careful!"

"You worry too much, Xiao" Venti's braids dances in the wind as he tucks a qingxin on Xiao's ear. "That's because you are reckless and not careful. I just left you for a second yesterday but you almost got hurt" Xiao glares at Venti. Yesterday, they were taking a stroll and Xiao leaves for awhile because he sensed a demonic spirit in the area only to come back to hilichurls chasing his boyfriend. Xiao wiped out the camp in anger, slaying the monsters without mercy.

"Sorry, I was bored while waiting ehe!" Venti avoids Xiao's hard eyes. The Yaksha sighs, unfolding his arms in his chest to caress Venti's face. "Just be careful. I won't forgive myself if you get hurt- especially under my watch" It's stupid to tell that to an archon but Xiao saw how weak Venti is- he's the weakest of the seven. The bard told him the fatui took his gnosis and he didn't fight for a long time. As of now, Venti is weaker than a vision wielder and Xiao vowed that he'll protect him.

"Okay, I'll do that for you" Venti nuzzles his face against Xiao' s hand. "But if I get hurt and you're not there, don't blame yourself- don't blame anyone" the anemo archon sadly smiles, taking in Xiao's bewitching amber eyes swirling with love- enjoying it. This might be the last time that he gets to see it.

"What do you mean? Are you in danger?" Xiao's eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing!" Venti waves his hand. He clasps Xiao's hands on his face, "I have to go now, my love. I'll meet you at Stone gate tomorrow afternoon."

"Take care on your way back" Xiao's hands fall on his side, a content smile on his face. He can feel that Venti is hiding something but he doesn't pry- maybe it's something personal, Venti will tell him when the time is right. When he is ready and Xiao can wait for that.

"We'll have so much fun tomorrow! I'll cook my specialty for you. Oh archons, I'm getting excited by the idea!" The bard excitedly grabs Xiao's hand, his eyes wide and shinning. Venti's smile widens when Xiao laughs, it's the first time he heard him laugh.

"Alright, alright. Go now or you'll be late. I'll see you tomorrow"

Venti bids his farewell, not wanting to leave. He vanishes in particles of anemo as Xiao watches, anticipating that he'll visit Mondsadt with Venti tomorrow.

---

Xiao finishes his daily patrol early. He feels energized, veins pumping with excitement and heart beating in happiness as he lays down on the soft sand. He smiles when he remembers the night he and Venti confessed. Yaoguang shoal looks magical as ever under the silver glowing moon.

He decides it won't be bad to sleep. If he wakes up, the dark skies will be blue by then then Venti will arrive just as they agreed. However, Xiao finds it hard to sleep.

He groans, moving his body around. His eyes are closed but he feels uncomfortable. Something in the wind feels wrong. Xiao forces an eye open, it's still dark but not as much as when the moon was up. It's probably early dawn. Xiao sits up, senses awakening when he felt the wind caressing his skin.

'The wind feels heavy with corruption. Is it my karmic bind?' Xiao thought to himself but his demonic chains feel normal. Painful yet bearable like always but the corruption swirling around feels different, it screams danger. Xiao furrows his brows when he saw dark clouds gathering above Mondsadt.

'Weird. Why am I not feeling rain?' It should rain in Yaoguang Shoal since there's a thunderstorm in Dragonspine.
Suddenly, Xiao feels a strange negative energy gathering by his side. He looks down to see his anemo vision.

The Yaksha grabs his vision, staring in horror. His vision is shaking like it's experiencing an earthquake and it's color switches between blue and Fusha Pink. "Venti?!" Xiqo widens his eyes in realization, he jumps up summoning his spear before running towards the snowy mountain.

--

Xiao couldn't believe what's laid before his eyes. Venti spoke of green pasture, vast and lush and the sunlight rolling along the hills- this was how he described Mondsadt but instead, a land covered in snow surprised him. The Yaksha walks forward, looking around.

Why is everything covered in snow? The snow everywhere matches the thickness found in Dragonspine.

"Don't go any further!" A voice snaps Xiao out of his trance. He readies his spear but a girl wearing red stops in-front of him, she looks tired and her body is covered in wounds. The girl wearing glider goggles, pants her hands on her knees. She looks up, eyes filled with terror after calming down- she must've ran a marathon.

"You look like you came from Liyue. I'm terribly sorry you've come at the wrong time. Mondstadt is facing a crisis right now so please leave before you get caught up in it too"

Xiao's anxiety worsens when he heard her words. Where the hell is Venti? He has to get him out of here, something bad is about to happen in Mondstadt. Xiao's resolve hardens, he stares the lady down. "Do you know someone who goes by the name of Venti?"

The girl's eyes saddens, Xiao glares at her as she looks away. She mumbles, face solemn and sad but Xiao hears it. "You must be Xiao, huh..."

"Why do you know my name?" Xiao furrows his eyebrows.

"My name is Amber from the Knights. Well..." Amber avoids the intimidating cold Yaksha's eyes.

"Why do you look agitated? Did Venti tell you something?"

Xiao steps back, startled when the girl began to cry. She covers her face, sobs coming out of her mouth. "Please save him! You must be his lover. Venti told us who Barbatos is yesterday because he knew this was going to happen. He wants us to save him from the misery, stop him from destroying his city. He's corrupted by the abyss and our grandmaster came after him but she's been gone for three hours"

Xiao's heart leaps out of his chest. "Where is he?!" Xiao growls, the world seem to spin as he anxiously waits for her answer. "He's on Windrise. It's a huge tree by the statue of the seven, it's near the city walls you'll recognize it once you see it" The girl replied.

Xiao wills himself teleport to the nearest statue. Fortunately, when he opens his eyes the statue of his beloved sits right in-front of him but when he sees the archon himself, the Yaksha widens his eyes. His lover isn't wearing his green bard clothes, instead he's in his archon form.

He is a beauty but Xiao desperately wants to get rid of the Fusha Pink cracks all over his body. Venti is flying near the huge tree and he's engaging in combat with a blonde female who's drowning in her blood.

"Lord Barbatos, can't you see? This is the dandelion knight!" A red headed man, dressed in black cries. He jumped in to catch the blonde lady who was defeated by the crazed god. Xiao watches, having no idea what to do- he's worse nightmare is coming true.

"Hahaha, indeed the dandelion knight. Grandmaster Jean reminds me so much of my old friend Vanessa. They're pretty much the same, don't you agree Master Diluc? A descent of Ragnvindr. Your ancestors were formidable since then, they were great friends who fought alongside to save Mondsadt from Decarabian." Venti's green turned Fusha Pink eyes stares emotionlessly into Diluc's.

"You have to survive, Lord Barbatos! Mondsadt will be nothing without your guidance!" Jean sobs, body shivering in pain in Diluc's arms. Venti laughs, he sounds sweet and happy yet his words are the complete opposite. "I'll be doing everyone a favor, Grandmaster Jean, You all deserve to be free- don't you want to meet Vanessa? Master Diluc, you've been living in misery because of your father? I've already sent Kaeya to see him. Now, it's your turn, I'll bring you to your loved ones. This will be the last of Mondsadt"

Diluc's eyes widens, more tears rolling down when he realized the meaning behind Venti's words. "You... you- Kaeya is dead?" Even if he's not exactly in good terms with his adopted brother, he no doubt cares for him. "Damn you!" Diluc shouts, feeling hopeless he wants to charge Venti but his body's already beat from exhaustion. Also, he can't put Jean down or the corrupted archon might fly down and kill her- them.

"That'll be Mr. Albedo's doing" Venti shakes his head.

"Al...albedo? It can't be..." Jean pants out. Diluc grew silent, his heart bleeding in agony he refuses to believe that Kaeya is dead- especially killed by Albedo. Everything is happening to fast. "Don't worry my children, soon you'll be happy. You'll all be together, I'll be killing the remaining others after I'm done with you" Venti smiles making the humans before him tremble in fear.

Jean braces herself, Diluc as well who covers her with his body. Venti, looking hypnotized-sanity gone but the corruption raises his deadly glowing bow. He points it at his friends, stretching the string with an arrow in place yet someone jumps in-front of him.

"Venti! Stop it, this isn't you. You'll never hurt you people" Xiao throws Venti's bow to the side using his spear. The archon flies back, his eyes widen for a second before it crinkles as he smiles fondly. "Wow, it really is my dear Xiao. What're you doing here?"

Xiao advances forward, grabbing his lovers face. "I know you're in there" the adeptus' tears start to fall, he pushes his forehead on Venti's eyes closed as a wretched sob spills out of mouth. "You have to come back. You promised me you'll take me to the Windbloom festival? Didn't you?, you'll show me your favorite spot. This can't be happening, Venti. After a thousands of millennia, I'm finally free."

"We still have alot to do together so please-" Xiao opens his eyes when he felt Venti's soft hands on his. He smiles when he sees green eyes instead of Fushua. "You're back! I knew you can fight it. Don't worry about your people, I'm sure they will understand it's not your fault" Xiao releases their hands to hug his lover tightly.

"I'm.. I'm sorry, my sweet love" Venti hugs back, he begins to cry. His shoulders shake breaking Xiao's heart.
Venti pulls away first to grab Xiao's spear floating by the adeptus' side.

"What are you doing?!" Xiao screams in terror when Venti hands him his weapon but it's sharp point points at the archon. "N-no... stop it, Venti" The Yaksha stares in horror at his weapon, understanding what Venti wants to say.

"You have to do it. I'm sorry, Xiao" Venti's hands fall to his side.

Xiao looks up when Venti caresses his cheek. His green orbs are glassy, tears trailing his cheeks but albeit knowing his doomed sad fate, Venti smiles eyes closed as he relishes the last seconds he gets to touch, feel, and live with Xiao. "It's not your fault, Xiao. Please do this for me, I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. If I don't go, I'll kill everyone and..."

"Venti?!" Xiao worriedly calls when the archon grows silent. Venti stares at nowhere for a second before he cries at Xiao, panicked.

"The corruption is coming back. You have to do it!"

"I can't!" Xiao shakes his head, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's and pulling him into his embrace. "I promised I'll protect you, right? I'll never forgive myself if you get hurt. How on earth can I do this? Don't be so cruel-"

"It's okay, Xiao. It's not your fault" Venti hugs back for the second time. "Please do it for me, my love. It's not like we won't meet again, I'll see you there and I'll make sure I've composed a-lot of songs for you by then. We can do anything that you want"

Xiao watches, cries as Venti smiles at him. His heart feels heavy and he almost gets an attack when Venti's green eyes suddenly flashes pink.

"NOW!" Venti screamed.

Xiao gulps down the bile that threatens to spill out of his throat. He closes his eyes, he can't bear to witness his victim's dying face- not when it's the person he cares for like never before, the person who saved him a-lot of times- someone whom he owes his life too. Never did Xiao feel this way when he killed mercilessly.

The sound of his spear stabbing into tender flesh disgusts Xiao.

"You... you did it"

The adeptus opens his eyes only to see the love of his life loosing his light. "Venti" Xiao sobbed, hugging the small bard tight in his arms for the last time as they fall on the ground. The wind turns back to normal- so is Xiao's vision has turned back to blue without the Fushua appearing.

Blood flows down Venti's mouth and his chest, it was painful yet the bard decides to use his last energy to smile up at his lover. Slowly, Xiao's cries dies in his ears as Venti's eyes begin to close. He can feel Xiao shaking him, as if it'll bring him
back to life.

Here it comes, the end. Before Xiao's face finally vanishes and Venti's eyes closes for life, he whispers his last words.

"I love you, Xiao and thank you..."

And Venti falls into eternal slumber.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

34K 1.2K 15
A very angsty to fluff xiaoven. Please enjoy! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ (many grammar mistakes 😅 I wrote these chapters at 2 am) 4th in #xiaoven [31 July, 2021] 3rd...
18K 547 31
"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸." "𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱." "𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘢...
20.6K 682 58
What happens when the unapproachable Xiao befriends Venti? Xiao a boy who holds in his present a many burden. Venti a boy who holds a past he canno...
39.8K 1.5K 24
Morax death left Xiao with nothing to live for in this world. He can't seem to find a reason to stay in Liyue- or anywhere at all. Until a young bard...