I Wonder If You Know - A Han...

By thisshtstpd

How do I describe Odessa Black. Well she loves racing. Shes full of peircings and stories. Her best friend is... More

Part 0. Introduceing
Part 1. Were leaving
Part 2. Sean Boswell
Part 3. Go Get Me My Money
Part 4. Drift 101
Part 6. Yakuza Deals
Part 7. I'm ready
Part 8. Last Day
Part 9. Tokyo Drift
Update 2
Part 10. And were back

Part 5. My Mexico

353 10 0
By thisshtstpd

I lay on the couch flipping through my magazine. The garage is mostly empty. Its a chill day today. No races and no parties. I love doing both of those things and I can do it for days at a time. How ever its nice to have days off like this. Or what I consider a "Day Off". I think Han is in his office finishing up some work. One of the reasons I love having the day off is because business have been way more then it should be. I'm still not sure why money has been more in demand but it is out of my control.

Han finally comes out of his office after a while.

"You're still here? Don't you ever go home?" He says walking past me

I close my magazine and toss it to the side of me.

"I consider this home Han." I say smiling

He lightly laughs and walks back over to me.

"Were all going to the soccer field tonight. Were leaving in a few hours." The Japanese man says

I'm pretty tall for a female especially in Tokyo but compared to Han I usually feel smaller. Hes 6'2 so I still have to look up to him. I love it though.

"Were leaving in a few hours? Damn boy you aint even giving me a choice." I say

"Not at all. I'm hungry though. Wanna go get dinner?" He asks

I say sure and he reaches out a hand for me to pull myself up on. We take my car for the first time in a while. We go out and talk for a while. I think I speak for us both when I say I could sit and talk with him for hours. We usually loose track of time and its no different this time. Its getting dark and we decide to drive over to meet everyone at the roof top soccer field.

Btw this is a real place in Japan and it's two story's theres a balcony that looks over to the feild and was in a Tokyo Dift scene from the movie.

I run across the field with the ball in between my feet. I pass the ball over to Twink once I get to the other teams goal. He kicks it in to the goal and we do a celebratory victory run around the field. We play hard again Earl and Reiko and they do the same. Its a tied game and me and Twinkie refuse to accept an L.

I slide my leg under Reiko and get the ball out of her position. I dribble the ball to the end of the field for a few seconds before Earl starts yelling that my move was a foul.

"Hey that's a foul Odessa!" Earl yells

I stop the ball and trap it under my feet.

"That's a legal Move! Have you ever watched professional soccer?" I yell back

"Ay shes right! I've seen it" Twinkie defends

"Nah you're both cheaters" Earl defends

"Hey Han! Sort this wanker out!" Earl yells up at Han whos standing up at the balcony

"Wanker? What I look like a Zebra?!" He yells back down

He walks over to Sean whos also standing up on the balcony. We argue a bit more then return to the game.

Hans POV

"What I look like a Zebra?!" I yell back down to my friends playing soccer

I don't really feel like playing. They get really intense about it after a while. I walk over to Sean whos leaning over the balcony watching the streets of Tokyo.

"So how'd you end up over here anyway?" Sean asks

"You know those old westerns. Where the cowboys make a run for the border. This is my Mexico." I explain

"You and Odessa need somewhere to go? Did you guys get in trouble or something?" The boy asks me

My heart picks up when I think of the day Odessa told me we needed to leave. I knew it was going to happen soon. I to this day think about the fact that I ran away with a girl I love to a different continent. But here we are. The closest we have got is almost kissing.

Odessa is one of the toughest people I have met in my life and I have been delt with many tough people. But before we left she got a phone call from an unknown number. We almost had a hit put out on us for doing side deals. She was scared shitless and I wasn't great either. I comforted her before we left. We new we couldn't tell anyone. Except for Brian. He was a cop and new how to deal with this. He drove us to the airport and watched for any suspects with a squad on speed dial.

We thought we were ok until she got another call. A hit was officially put out. She was told that if she mentioned it to Brian he would speed it up. We were both ready to be dead within a few hours. Once Brian had to leave we were on our own. We were so scared we sat in the back of the waiting area making sure our eyes were on everyone. We saw a guy who kept looking at us and just felt off.

We decided to hug as tight as possible before going on the plane. We got sat in the back and were alone. I told her it was going to be ok and I wont let anything bad happen to her.

We thought it was our last moments and we got so close without realizing it we almost kissed. But she got one last call saying the hit wont be going through. Takashi took care of it before we got here. If it wasn't for him we probably might not be alive.

A lot of people say its dangerous dealing with Yakuza. And it is. But Takashi is not Yakuza. His uncle is. He just handles money and stuff. He just plays gangster in his storage room. His uncle gets a little bit of action from everyone on his turf. And me and Odessa are on his turf. That's why we have to be carful in terms of money.

"Yeah something like that." I respond

"So. Why'd you let me race your car? You knew I was gonna wrek it. " He asks me

"Why not." I say looking at him and back to the people.

Sean scoughs

"Cuase its a lot of money." He says

"I have money. Its trust and character I need around me. I mean who you choose to be around you. Lets you know who you are. And one car in exchange for knowing what a mans made of. That's a price I can live with." I say and look back at him at the end

"Look at those people down there." I say as I gesture back down to the people outside.

"They follow the rules for what? They're letting fear lead them." I explain

"And what if they don't." Sean asks

"Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back." I state

"So what do you drift for?" Sean asks me

"Lets go for a ride." I say

I text Odessa.

Han

Went for a drive with Sean. Be back soon. stay safe.

Odessa

Ok. Drive safe. See you soon.

Sean and I drive around the streets of late night Tokyo.

"Have you ever raced Takashi?" Sean asks me

I shake my head no

"Why? Is he that good" He says

"What's the point of a race?" I say

"To see if I'm faster then the other guy" Sean says looking at me

"That just proves your faster. If I were to race it would have to be for something important." I say

"So if you don't drift to win. What do you drift for?" He asks

"You really wanna now?" I ask

He shakes his head yes at my question. We race down the street to 2 girls sitting at a red light in the empty road. I do a 360 drift around the car and stop a few feet away from them. I look at the girls and they look back for a second. The next second they're writing there number on a piece of paper. I grab it and we head back over to the field. Sean smiles and laughs at my so called reason for drifting.

Part of it is true. Girls love that shit. But I don't just drift for them. I drift for Odessa too. Shes one of the best I've seen. Its fun competing with her drifting corners and racing around. But I don't like to say it. After a while were back at the garage with everyone chilling.

Odessa POV

Were back at the garage chilling. Everyone is having a good time until I feel something in my stomach. Something's wrong. Han notices my change in attitude.

"D. You alright?" He asks

"Yeah. I just felt something off. Its probably nothing." I say

He shakes his head slightly ok. Within a few minutes Neela comes speeding up to the garage and comes out of her car. Crying hard. I walk over to her and hug her. Sean next then Reiko. I let her go and hold her shoulders.

"Neela hey. What happened." I ask

"Its Takashi. Hes coming." She says crying

I'm confused. I look over to Han who mouths shit. Hes doing something behind my back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 3K 14
❝ no, stop. don't do that. i might just fall for you ❞ ❝ then, fall for me ... i'll catch you ❞ when the ever-so-flirtatious julia kim is called by b...
427K 9.6K 23
Amelia Moon used to be a good girl, but that all changed when she was adopted for the last time. After getting out of ADX Florence Prison she decides...
129K 3K 13
[ #1 UNDER THE #hanlue TAG ] ↳What if the end was different? ↳What if Han had found the love of his life and he survived? ↳Would that be possible? ...
12.9K 200 13
This story takes place in Tokyo we're a young girl meets Dominic Toretto and the rest of the gang and when she hangs out with the gang she meets the...