Step of Faith

נכתב על ידי helenaj05

"You never truly know how much you want something until it's within your hands reach." - Blair Ivy is a senio... עוד

Introduction
Character aesthetics
Chapter I: Off to a slippery start
Chapter II: Unexpected beginnings
Chapter III: Shedding tears
Chapter IV: Petty is my middle name
Chapter V: Favorite song
Chapter VI: The truth uncovered
Chapter VII: Late night conversations
Chapter VIII: Game night
Chapter IX: Competition stress
Chapter X: Apologies
Chapter XII: Twenty questions
Chapter XIII: Touch
Chapter XIV: Revenge and Forgiveness
Chapter XV: Pictures
Chapter XVI: Wishes
Chapter XVII: Thigh pincher
Chapter XVIII: Reminiscing
Chapter XIX: Quiet
Chapter XX: Needed you
Chapter XXI: Vulnerable
Chapter XXII: Little sister
Chapter XXIII: Sit and Wait
Chapter XXIV: Mistletoe
Chapter XXV: Never wake up
Chapter XXVI: What we deserve
Chapter XXVII: On my best behavior
XXVIII: Locker room full of tears
Chapter XXIX: Coming together
Chapter XXX: No silent treatments

Chapter XI: Not so friendly

8.4K 206 268
נכתב על ידי helenaj05

Chapter XI: Not so friendly

Theo's POV

After we got home yesterday I baked the star athlete pancakes because that's what she requested.

"Theo, Theo, Theo," she kept poking my side.

"What? Do you want me to crash this car?" I insisted that Dean takes my car and I'll drive her.

"No. Yes. Maybe?" a smirk stretches across her lips.

"You're a little maniac, you know that?" I try not to stare at her and actually look at the road.

"Okay, I didn't get to the point yet. You're going to bake me pancakes or I'm going to give you the silent treatment again," she grinned like a cheshire cat.

"Are you blackmailing me, Skates?"

"Yes," She grins and turns to look back at the road.

"Chocolate chip or blueberry?" I sigh in defeat.

"Chocolate chip, please," Blair claps her hands like a little kid and I chuckle.

Today was a Sunday and I groaned at the thought of having to do stupid shit on a weekend.

I had to go to a photoshoot with the rest of the team and I wasn't excited in the slightest. They always go the same way. The photographer wants to take pictures of us. Our website manager shows up with the sponsor chicks and they make us take pictures shirtless.

The guys always had a field day with the idea of taking pictures topless with a bunch of girls. Whereas I always felt miserable due to the fact that I had to spend hours standing around and wasting my time.

I would much rather work out or read a book. Or literally, do anything else except that.

I took a quick shower and stalked downstairs to notice JJ with a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Good morning sunshine," he pats my back.

"Touch me again and I rip your hands off," I grit out.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Dean places a coffee in front of me.

"Probably the photoshoot," Levi barked out a laugh.

"It's a waste of our time, I'd rather be spending my free day differently," I scoffed.

"You mean you'd spend your free day with Blair," West said in a sing-song voice.

"Skates has got nothing to do with this."

"Yeah she does," Dean smirked over the brim of his coffee mug.

"No. She. Doesn't," I pronounce every word to get through their thick skulls.

"Oh come on, who are you fooling? A promise ring? Really? Just say you want to sleep with her and get over with it," West gives me my breakfast.

"It's not like that between us," I shake my head at their audacity.

"Yeah, right, I forgot you were "friends"," JJ and the guys laugh.

I was a second away from getting up and slamming his head onto the hot stove but I restrained. If I did that every time he pisses me off he would've been dead years ago.

"Please for the love of god, shut up," I start eating but I almost choke when I hear a voice behind me.

"What are all of us laughing about?" Blair slides into the stool next to me.

"Oh nothing, just about how friendly Gray is," West tries to suppress his laugh.

"Yeah, he got me a ring, did you see?" she raises her hand to show them, and I contemplate stabbing myself in the eyeball with my fork.

"How sweet of you, Gray," Levis tsks his tongue and takes her hand in his.

"Thank you again, it's really pretty," she hugs me.

And while her head is facing over my shoulder all of the guys imitate kissing faces. I clench my fist over her back and fight the last ounce of restraint I have.

"You smell very good, unlike the other guys. Your Old Spice 3 in 1 fucking stinks, JJ," she cackles and goes to make her tea.

"You smell very good, Gray," Levi whispers seductively.

"I'll be upstairs," I walk away as fast as I physically can.

Another cold shower it is. If they knew how to shut up I wouldn't have the constant urge to commit murder.

I stripped off my clothes and got into the shower. Immediately turning the water to freezing cold. Ice cold showers were like my new best friend, I felt like I was taking them constantly.

Dean knew exactly how to get on my nerves. He's been doing it for years and now the other guys have caught on. Especially Levi and West. It's like they're ganging up to annoy me beyond repair.

It's not like they were entirely wrong about me having some sort of mixed feelings toward her but I wasn't going to admit it to them.

So what if I wanted to spend my time with Blair? That's what friends do. They want to spend time with each other watching movies or having fun. Or kissing.

No.

Friends don't kiss. Scratch that last part.

I didn't know what was happening to me. I was constantly having intrusive thoughts when she was brought up or when she talked to me. It was like I couldn't even control my own brain anymore.

And now I have a hard-on just thinking about her in the fucking shower. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I was constantly fighting the horny thoughts in my mind. It wasn't my fault that I was a guy with a brain like this and she was a pretty girl.

I internally groaned.

Ever since I've been getting closer with her I've had to tame my sexual urges by myself. I wouldn't be surprised if my right hand was getting more jacked than the left one.

I needed to sleep with someone and fast because this was getting embarrassing.

-

"Now Dean and Theo take a picture together," our manager pointed towards us.

This photoshoot was even worse than the ones we usually have. The girls were extremely annoying and I had already fought with the manager so much that it would last me a lifetime.

She wanted us to take pictures completely naked while covering our dicks with our fucking helmets.

"I'm not doing that," I scoffed at her.

"Why not?"

"Because this isn't a fucking playboy magazine, these are pictures for our website to sell jerseys," I was frustrated.

"But-" I cut her off.

"There are no buts, I don't want my fucking 15-year-old sister going to buy a jersey and seeing me butt-ass fucking naked. End of discussion," I walked away from her.

She didn't ask again after that but she was persistent with the pictures from every angle. Now me and Dean were sitting on a sofa with girls behind us.

What was the point of this, I had no clue. This wasn't even advertising jerseys, this felt more like a cliche ad for Old Spice soap.

"Are you ok?" Dean turned to me while the camera guy went to get a different lens.

"Define "Okay"."

"Well for one you look like you're going to rip my head off if I say the wrong thing," He looked at me like I should've known that.

"I just don't want to be here right now,"

"You'd rather be between Blair's legs?" I snapped my head in his direction and he laughed.

"What is the matter with you idiots," I shook my head.

"Admit it, you like her."

"No. I don't," he gave me an "are you kidding me?" look, "Okay fine, maybe I like her a little bit."

"Friends? Friends." he mocked me.

"So what if I agreed to be her friend? It was better than nothing," I give him a death stare.

"Really? Was it worth all the boners you get when you see her?" Dean quirked a brow at me.

"Suck a dick," I scoff.

"Yours?" He smirked at me.

I'm going to kill him when we get home. He had been getting on my nerves the whole day. It was a never-ending cycle of "Blair this" and "Blair that". I was going to lose my mind if they didn't stop the teasing.

The cameraman came back, the manager behind him breathing down his neck. He looked stressed. And I don't blame him. The bitch was insane on three different levels. Nothing was ever good enough for her.

She commanded how we had to sit, where the girls had to be, how much clothing was on us, what angles the cameraman should use. It felt like she was teaching him how to do his job.

My head was on my fist and my elbow was propped up on the edge of the couch.

"Lauren, go sit in his lap," she commanded the girl behind me.

"Hell no," I straightened out.

"You're going to do as I say," she was getting angry.

"Are you my mom? No. I'm leaving," I got up and took my shirt.

"Don't you dare walk out that door," she yelled after me.

"Watch me," I said over my shoulder.

When I got in the car I had the feeling that I would answer about this to the coach because I'm maybe the team captain but I have "no right to talk to her that way". Mark my words that that'll be the exact thing she says to him.

This wasn't the first time I've stormed out of one of these things and it definitely won't be the last. Plus she had enough pictures of me to last a whole lifetime so she can manage.

It was 7 pm when I left the studio. And I was more than excited to get home and finally have time to myself.

I stepped into the house finally relaxing and shaking off the disgusting feeling I'd had on me all day.

While dropping my jacket on the hangers and pulling my shoes off I heard quiet humming. It was coming from the living room.

I walked in and saw a sight that made my knees slightly weak. Get yourself together man.

Blair was sitting on the couch, books scattered around her, her hair over one of her shoulders, her legs crisscrossed, earphones in her ears, and a lollipop in her mouth. She was in a sports bra and sweatpants.

She hadn't heard me coming in. Blair kept humming the song in her ears.

"Used to have a girl a day. But I want you to stay," she quietly sang along.

"What are you doing?" she slightly jumped at my sudden voice.

"Studying," it was like she realized what she was wearing, "I'm sorry, I thought no one was going to be home," she was looking for her shirt.

"Calm down, I don't mind," her face turned into a slight scowl.

"Ha-ha," she faked a laugh and pulled the same Tampa bay lightning shirt over her head that she had on one of the first times I pissed her off.

My legs had a mind of their own and before I could stop myself I made my way to the couch to sit next to her. She closed up her books but never took her earphones off. She put the lollipop back in her mouth and I felt myself looking at her lips.

"So how did your photoshoot go?" She put her books on the table.

"It was fine," I never took my eyes off her.

"It doesn't look like it was fine," she chuckled.

I saw her press the "Play again" button for the song that was playing. But when she placed her phone on the couch I took it in my hands to see what she was listening to.

She snapped around to take her phone from my hands.

"Lost in the fire? Really, Skates?" I had a grin on my face.

"Oh shove off. The Weeknd is good, I like his songs," she shrugged.

"Mm. Yeah, songs about sex are so good," I said sarcastically.

"Not all of his songs are about sex you prick," she shoved my shoulder.

"This one is," I shook her phone.

"Give it back," She reached for it but I pulled it back, "I'm not doing this with you, Theo."

"Well then you're not getting it back," I pulled it close to my face, "Who should I call?"

"Theo," Blair warned. But me being the cocky motherfucker I am, I wasn't going to stop. Not when it was so fun to piss her off.

"Ohhh, Catherine seems like a good one," I started scrolling through her contacts.

"Oh hell no," she dropped her lollipop in the wrapper and lunged for her phone right as I locked it and pulled it out of her reach.

While she was reaching for her phone and I was laughing like a maniac I hadn't realized the position we were in.

Blair Ivy was on my lap.

The moment she tensed I knew she had realized it too. She sat down and looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry," she put her hands on my shoulders to get off but before I could think about what I was doing I put my hands on her hips and kept her in place.

"Don't," I breathe out.

I could hear the music from her earphones due to how close we were. I could only look at her lips. She was so close to me.

"God, Ivy. What are you doing to me?" My eyes flitted between both of hers.

"I-" she stopped her sentence. Her breathing getting a bit heavier.

"Can I kiss you?" I whisper.

"Friends don't kiss," her voice is quiet.

"And who made that rule?" a small smirk made its way onto my face.

"Someone stupid," she whispered and leaned in.

I slowly lean closer and our lips connect. She tastes like her strawberry lollipop and I try to control myself not to ruin this moment by taking it too fast.

It feels like years ago that we said we should be friends. I completely disregard the fact that it was only yesterday. I don't care about that right now. All I care about is her.

My hands find her jaw and one of them tangles in her curls. Oh, how I've wanted to feel them between my fingers. Her hair always feels so soft and I love the feeling on my hands.

She moved her mouth against mine slowly, it felt like both of us needed this. It feels like when you drink liquid after being outside in hot weather. It feels like when you take your first breath of air after being submerged underwater.

Her fingers found my hair and she tugged on the roots making me more turned on than I already was. I had never felt like this in my life.

I could feel her heartbeat under the tips of my fingers and it was eerily calming for me. It made me glad that I had the same effect on her as she did on me. It made a weird feeling constrict my stomach.

Blair ground her hips against me by accident and both of us groaned. Her forehead leans on mine.

"We can't," she breathed against my lips.

And I heard the door open. She must've heard the cars pull up while I was too distracted.

I put a finger up to her lips. And leaned closer to her ear.

"Shhh, they don't need to find us," I whisper.

A smile etches its way onto her lips and I drag my finger over them. She sighs and leans into my touch.

"So much for friends," she quietly laughs.

"I'm not the one who said that," I shake my head at her surprised face.

We hear the guys go upstairs and she visibly relaxes. Blair moves to get off my lap but I stop her again.

"Give me a minute, princess," motioning to where our hips connect and her lips curl into a smirk.

"Already hard? Seriously?" She mocks me.

"I'm not in control when I'm around you," I brush her hair behind her ear, "I'm a bomb and you constantly pull my safety pin."

A/N: Two Theo POV's in a row? Yes, I'm on a roll. But the day I wrote this, it felt very needed to be another Theo POV. And don't worry Blair's POV is next ;)

This chapter was something let me tell you. And I feel very lonely after editing this but don't fret. We are slowly approaching bigger and better things.

I hope everyone had super great holidays and you can tell me all about them In the comments. I'll gladly read.

With love, hugs, and motherfuckin' kisses, Helena <3

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

82.1K 1.9K 18
Blair was sent to a prep school after getting in to one to many fights. her dad has sent her telling her to become a lady as heir to his major corpor...
72.8K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...
580K 14.6K 38
[MATURE] After a hate-filled one night stand, Evanna Hill is in shambles. With her perfect reputation and Rich parents' influence, she is shocked at...
85K 3.1K 38
Book #5 of the "Falling" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #50 in Romance 2024 #69 in Enemies 2024 #83 in Rivals 2023 #17 in Graphic 2023 #1...