Exhaustion Devilry

By nonolllll_

Nurul live a beautiful life with her two best friends, Aifaa and Dee. She never did unpleasant things to othe... More

Chapter 1 - Examination Day
Chapter 2 - The Stare
Chapter 3 - Confession
Chapter 4 - Called to Mind The Past
Chapter 5 - Getting Sick
Chapter 6 - Unwell Query
Chapter 7 - How She Know
Chapter 8 - Wax Better
Chapter 9 - Afresh Incident
Chapter 10 - Iedritch Aghast
Chapter 12 - The Awaited Day
Chapter 13 - The Revelation One
Chapter 14 - Bumped Again
Chapter 15 - The Recall
Chapter 16 - Bickering
Chapter 17 - Familiar Ones
Chapter 18 - Surreal
Chapter 19 - The Visit
Chapter 20 - The Revelation Two
Chapter 21 - Healing Process
Chapter 22 - Sleepless Time
Chapter 23 - Working Day
Chapter 24 - Who's Capital N
Chapter 25 - Unfavourable Eventuality
Chapter 26 - Known Anew
Chapter 27 - How Come

Chapter 11 - Aggravated State

9 2 0
By nonolllll_

3rd POV

She began to feel hot the moment Ustaz Ahmad reached in the middle of surah and somehow her body started to burn. The heat could be felt on her skin before it spread inside. But inside, the temperature was rising and she almost screamed as the degree got higher than usual. On the other hand, Ustaz Ahmad did not stop reciting with a firm tone this time as well as pretty much sweating.

Her face then turned bloodless. She tried calming herself but it was no use. The fuming heat was still there. She harshly scratched her neck then moved to the stomach while gritting her teeth. It was tough to hold the hotness and her breath felt like a dragon too. It made her out of her mind as she cannot stop herself from the rough raking and plain coughed once with a great force so sudden.

Abruptly, there was an eerie air in her surrounding. She could sense it so she became scared and shaky. Whilst her father merely caressed her hands and stared back and forth to Ustaz Ahmad and his daughter as well. He did not know what to do. He was too stunned to speak. He did not believe all these things before. As Ustaz Ahmad almost finished reciting the ayatul kursi, she abruptly felt nauseous.

She unexpectedly standing with wobbly legs nearly gave up and she wants to puke as well after coughing loudly one more time. She let out a heavy trembling breath and threw out in a crawl position not long after while Ustaz Ahmad just completed recited the surah out of breath and sweating. As the result, she vomited vital fluid on the floor. Gladly just once. But the colour changed this time with an unforeseen one wholly black. A mouthful of black vital fluid.

"What is that??? Black vomit???" Her father voiced after the long silence and shock were visible on his face.

'Black colour? This never happens before' She thought still gazing at the blood.

"I'm sorry, sir Shahrul. I don't think this is working. She needed an Ustaz with the best Islamic knowledge especially the one with mystical matters" Ustaz Ahmad told while trying to catch a breath and sweat a lot. Drained. He did not have much experience to help her. He tried his best but the thing in her body was tougher than he thought.

____________________________________

The next morning, she was on her bed after being led by her father yesterday night. She was there ever since and out of bed only when she has to shower and pee as well as poo. She merely moved gently on the bed. She was sound asleep as well after hours of shackling the same episode. She looks more ill than before as her skin coloured even paler. She had to overcome the gag every time she tried to consume to boot. It was like an utter nightmare for her. Her life turned the other way around than what she predicted. Pathetic heart-rending.

After puking that much blood, her energy drained like a wildfire. She has no appetite to eat either. She barely touched her breakfast. Her father has to force her to eat the food for a few spoons at least. He bought a chicken porridge for her yet she did not crave it. She only drank water but the same as what she did just on her breakfast. Not much yet better than how she ate the chicken porridge. Hours passed, she woke from her sleep as zuhr prayer call resounded. She prayed in a sitting position as her legs feeble to be upright longer.

On the other hand, her father was sitting at the dining table and searching for a professional religious expert that had encountered such things. He clicked on many websites but could not find a specific one yet. The one that he needed the most, extramundane. He scrolled and scrolled until he found a website called Syifa'. He found one contact named Ustaz Tajul below the website. Her father then immediately messaged him if he is free today. Ustaz Tajul replied after hours of waiting but he said no for today. If tomorrow is a yes at 8 pm. He also told that he lives near Prince City too, close to Nurul and Aifaa's house. He felt relief as he found a cure for his daughter at last. A grin and twinkle peepers were evident on his front.

Her father cannot wait to bring her to him as soon as possible as he cannot stand seeing her like that. He then looked at the clock on the wall. It showed forty-two past one and remembered he was supposed to bring the lunch to her. 'Oh! I'm supposed to give Nurul her porridge!' He swore internally. He quickly went to the kitchen and brought the chicken porridge to her room. Whilst she was laying on the bed and in a pensive mood.

"You okay, lass?" She seemed angry and at the same time upset. He was confused so he asked her.

"Ye-yeah..." She shook her thoughts and stammered as her father appeared beside her.

"Eat this chicken porridge. Then... You can rest" He gave her the container with a spoon on it and rotated his body to clean up the table as there was still a container of chicken porridge for breakfast earlier. He saw the container was barely touched and somehow mad. Yet ignored it as he has to make a call after this.

"Okay... I will try" She nodded multiple times and unexpectedly the sentence came out in a whisper.

Her father then got out of her room and racked through his pockets. He brought out his phone and notified her best friends from A to Z and asked them to be his daughter's company tomorrow. He wanted Nurul to feel secure and knew she needed someone by her side. Her mother was unwell and barely has the energy to move. He will accompany her but that was another story. Girls and women are complicated yet he tried to understand them as to why he told the two to be Nurul's company as well as to be her guardianship.

Aifaa and Dee were shocked by the news. They thought she was getting better. Gasps could be heard and dilated eyes could be seen on their faces spesh Aifaa. Therefore, speechless. Their thoughts were answered as she did not text back their chat last three days. She usually will reply early as she was a fast replier. One of them then asked how she was doing and Nurul's father replied "She is not... That good. Just laying on the bed and can't move too much" Her father paused for a brief second and carried on with a sorrowful voice.

It felt strange as she did not reply to their chat at all believe it or not till this day. They waited for days yet kept thinking she might be busy or something. They then instantly agreed to her father's query and ended the call, meanwhile, she was still struggling to eat the chicken porridge after 5 spoons. She was green around the gills after a single spoon then continuously came about up to the time of the sixth spoon, she gave up. After that, she laid while fondling her midriff and eyeballs roving around.

'Am I going to die soon?'

'No cure, isn't it?'

'I'm right, aren't I?' These thoughts lingered in her brain and kept playing on her mind till she fell asleep.

____________________________________

Dee POV

She was eating lunch with her family when her phone suddenly rang in the pocket. She was almost done with the dinner thus she got a last mouthful of rice with fried chicken and brought the plate to the kitchen as well as swiftly washed it. She then cleaned her hand and dried it with a handkerchief that was hanging next to the fridge. She nearly swiped the call but it has stopped ringing. She checked the caller's number while leisurely walking to her room upstairs.

'Who's this?' She thought as she did not save the number. As she reached the door, her phone rang again. She picked up the call and voila. The caller did not say any words and that made her frown. She curiously wanted to know who. 'Why the caller's silent?'

"Assalamualaikum. Hello, who's th-" She was cut off by the caller when the caller called her name.

"Dee? Is that you?" The caller asked and a male voice could be heard.

"Who's this?" She questioned him and was somehow nervous.

"Ah, sorry. Forgot to tell you. I'm Nazri. I know you remember me" He told with confidence.

"Nazri? Wait, how did you get my number?" She was getting annoyed.

"Don't be mad. I got it from Syu"

"What for?"

"Well, you didn't wait for me that day so I have to get your phone number at least"

"Huh, at least? I told you I don't like you"

"Just, please... I'm begging you"

"Find someone else, Nazri"

"No! It's hard and I still want you"

"I don't like you and never will"

"Just, please... Please, I'm begging you"

"I told you I'm not available"

"But you are single"

"YES, I AM! But doesn't mean I wanna be taken, BRO"

"It's not easy to find someone else. And I still want you"

"What th- ya Allah! Don't you understand what I said just now?!! I don't wanna use any foul language but you almost made me"

"Why?"

"Because. You. Are. Brainless. Full. Stop. You silly!" She hung up the call in a trice while headed to the bed and laid on it. She then shut her peepers and let out a heavy sigh that she did not know she had kept for quite some time. She grabbed her earphone under a pillow and placated herself with her favourite songs. What an evening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 494 108
«Not everything in life goes as we plan» This is a story of two friends who met unexpectedly and they end up being friends despite their differences...
214 7 7
"I never imagined that I would find myself entangled in a web of emotions with a man whom I had vowed to misguide and tempt with the allure of my bod...
4.7K 82 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
936 345 26
In a tale of love and loss, they must choose between bitter resentment and unexpected romance. Can they overcome their differences and find a way to...