Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

Bởi FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... Xem Thêm

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 19

584 24 5
Bởi FlorindaBrydon

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'You don't have any food allergies, do you?' Tooth asked while passing a bowl of salad to Bunny.

The guardians had warmly greeted me after Jack and I exited the portal. I was given a quick tour of North's workshop which sadly ended when we reached the dining hall.

We were all sitting around a large regal styled dining table that had gold, silver, ruby and jade coloured Celtic like symbols etched on beautifully polished dark wood. The elegant high backed dining chairs carried the same symbols on their polished wood and the red velvet cushion on the base made the whole chair feel like a king's or queen's throne.

The whole table was completely covered by mountains of different types of food. It looked like a feast fit for a king! It was amazing and everything looked too good to eat!

'Allergies? Umm... not really' I replied to the fairy while watching Jack pile his small plate with a stupid amount of food.

'Are ya really gonna eat all of that?' Bunny asked while slightly leaning forward over the mountains of tall piled food to check out what Jack was exactly doing.

'Yep and I'm going to do it all at once! Wanna see how?' Jack replied while slapping a large bun of bread to the top of his now mammoth of a burger.

'I don't care what you eat or don't eat, just don't choke.' North said to Jack while bringing his attention towards me.

'My dear, your answer to the question of you having a food allergy was "Not really" does that mean you have one? If you do I need to know.' North asked while following Jack influence and making himself a massive burger, but his was double the size of Jack's.

'Oh, yeah it's nothin really serious it's just I can't eat any kind of dairy. It gives me stomach cramps.' I replied simply while taking a sip from the coffee cup in front of me. I had made it at home and brought with me.

'Oh! So that's why you drink your coffee black. You can't have the milk because it makes you sick.' Jack attempted to speak but his mouth was too full.

'Uh huh.' I mumbled while swallowing a mouthful of bacon.

I wonder if I should tell them about the milk filled coffee and cream covered pancakes Jessica made me yesterday morning.... I didn't eat that much of it and Jess knows better than to feed me too much. It's a rare treat, and I didn't feel too bad afterwards.

Compared to the injures I sustained yesterday, a tummy ache was the least of my problems.

'Oh and yogurt. I know it's dairy, but that's not the reason why. I'm highly allergic to somethin inside of it. It's some kind of "good" bacteria that's in it that makes me really sick. I need to have one of those medical pens to stop me from dying if I eat it.' I said while taking another sip of the strong coffee.

When I placed my cup down I noticed everyone was staring at me. 'What?' I asked giving them a confused look.

'Ok.... let's just keep this away from you. Shall we.' Jack said while picking up a small bowl of thick white liquid that was in front of me and sliding it across the table away from him.

'It's ok, really. I can't eat cream because of the dairy in it so there isn't any chance of me accidentally eatin yogurt instead. Trust me I've done it more than once and now I just avoid cream unless I'm sure it is cream. But then again I shouldn't really even be eatin cream, but I can't help it, it's yummy.' I joked while eyeing off the pancakes that were covered in cream.

'Haha, nope!' Jack said while grabbing the large plate of pancakes that were stacked at least 20 high and carried it to the other end of the table so I couldn't reach it.

'Awww, c'mon! I can eat them just without the cream part.' I complained while crossing my arms and pouting at him.

It was really sweet how he kept moving the food I couldn't have away from me so I wouldn't fall to temptation and eat it. It's going to be hard for him to keep doing that when dessert is served because the whole table will be cleaned off until it's empty and hundreds of dessert will be covering it like our dinner or breakfast is now.

I'm already guessing about 95% of everything will have some kind of dairy in it. The icing would have milk and butter, cheesecake has cream cheese, cakes in general have milk and butter, ice cream and chocolate too.

And just as I was thinking about dessert, North's yetis returned and started to clean off the table.

'Don't worry Romanna, you're with me.' Bunny said while quickly stealing one last Veggiemite sandwich off the plate before the yeti removed it from the table. Following his lead and also stole one.

North rolled his eyes at us, probably not understanding why we liked the strange smelling black paste so much.

It's an Aussie thing and I'm glad I'm not the only one here who eats it, Bunny does too.

'What do ya mean, lead?' I asked while checking to see if the bread had butter on it, lucky for me it didn't.

'It seems we have a lot more in common than I first thought. I can't eat dairy eitha.' Bunny said while smiling at me.

'Haha! Really!?' I exclaimed while happily chowing down into my sandwich, enjoying the look of complete disgust on Jack's face while watching me eat it.

It seems North, Tooth and Sandy were also making ewwing faces at Bunny and I for eating it.

Bunny, he seemed to be having a grand old time eating his sandwich and he was very happy to see how much I liked my own.

'Oh by the moon!' Jack yelled while gagging. 'You two are as bad as each other! You're going to be the death of me!' Jack said while pulling his hood over his face.

Bunny and I cracked up laughing about their priceless reactions. Tooth face palmed at our synced behavior, which only made the situation more hilarious.

After we had both calmed down North declared that dessert was served.

As I had assumed the table was now covered with desserts of every kind. They were all in the most beautiful china, silver, gold and crystal glass dishes, all polished to the point where I could see my reflection.

'Mate, you're lucky I can't eat that stuff too because North kindly makes me some special stuff that doesn't have dairy in it. You can eat anythin that's on a green coloured glass, plate or bowl. Just don't touch anythin else' Bunny explained while grabbing a hot cinnamon and sugar dusted doughnut off a green plate.

'Awesome! Thanks!' I said while taking a slice of the hot apple pie that was in the green bowl in front of me.

'Ok, this right here is the best apple pie I have eva eaten! Normally ya need custard or cream with it, but this is too good on it's own.' I said to North while he shoved a whole cupcake in his mouth, then happily nodded at my approval.

I ate another spoonful while looking over at Jack. He was sitting next to me with about eight different flavours of ice cream, topped with chocolate chips, sprinkles, caramel, chocolate fudge and I don't want to even guess how much whipped cream he's just spooned onto it.

'Oh mate, you're nuts! You're gonna make ya'self soooooo sick!' I said while shaking my head at him.

'Oooo nuts! I'll add them too!' He replied excitedly.

'Oh my goodness! Jack! Don't you dare!!!' Tooth screamed from across the table from where she was sitting next to Bunny.

'Huh?' Jack said while quickly dropping the handful of nuts he was about to put into his ice cream mountain.

'The ice cream will make the nuts go rock hard and if you bite one too hard, you could accidentally damage your teeth! It's bad enough all of you are eating so much sugar. I am not going to let you-' She stopped and took a deep breath calming herself down to finish her sentence. 'B-b-break your teeth.' She stuttered while possibly hyperventilating.

'Woah, Toothie. Mate calm down.' Bunny said while quickly hugging the distressed fairy, immediately calming her down.

'Thank you Bunny.' Toothiana said while returning to her seat that was conveniently next to Bunny.

'Sorry Tooth, I didn't even think about how it would affect my teeth. I'll be more careful and think about what I'm doing next time.' Jack said while flashing a toothy grin at her, showing that his teeth were perfectly looked after.

'Thank you' Tooth replied while relaxing and finally allowing herself to eat only one of the sugary treats that were on the table.

Using my left hand, I happily helped myself to some fairy bread. I haven't had this since I was Jessica's age. I would have used my right hand to grab the food, but it was a little preoccupied.

Jack had wiggled his chair slightly closer to mine and was sweetly holding my hand under the table.

(A/N: Fairy Bread, it's a slice of bread with either honey or butter and is covered with sprinkles or 100s and 1000s.)

'So Romanna, I want to know more about you, Is there anything about yourself that you would like to share? What is your birth date? Do you have any interests, likes, dislikes, and so on.' North asked me.

'Woah, slow down with the 20 questions North. She doesn't have to say anything if she doesn't want to.' Jack said while gripping my hand tighter, obviously not wanting me to feel uncomfortable with talking about myself.

'No, no. I'm happy to an'sa a few simple questions. If we're gonna be workin togetha, you should at least know somethin 'bout me.' I said while smiling at them.

'Very true.' Bunny said agreeing with me.

'Well my birthday is the 10th of Decemba, I'm turnin 17. My hobbies are archery and horseback riding. My horse's name is Thiea and I hand raised 'er afta her motha was killed when she was a foal. Umm... I like the colours blue and purple and I enjoy dancin and although I'm really bad at it I also love singin and playin musical instruments.' I said awkwardly while running a strand of my fringe through my fingers.

'Music! Oh I just love a good song. What instrument do you play?' North asked while leaning curiously towards me.

'The guitar, violin, piano, ukulele, drums and a few othas.' I said rather proudly. 'I've almost completely mastered everythin I just listed and I'm startin to write my own songs.' I said slightly bragging.

'Crikey! Really! You're a musician? I thought you said it was a hobbie and that you were bad at it. Doesn't sound like ya bad at music if ya love it enough to masta more than one instrument. When did ya start learnin? It would have takin ya ages to get that good especially when you're only 16 and a half.' Bunny said while smiling at me.

'It was a little afta my sixth birthday when I started playin my first instrument, the violin. Music was recommended to help me relieve stress afta somethin bad, that I'm not goin to talk about, happened. I guess it gave me somethin creative to devote my time to. Music became a sort of lifeline for me and I really do love it.' I explained while grabbing a tighter hold of Jack's hand under the table. His cold touch helped me relax.

Ignoring their concerned looks I calmly ate the last spoonful of the blue jelly that I had left inside of my bowl.

(A/N: Jelly is Jello)

'I can't wait to hear you play!' Tooth said happily while breaking the silence that had accidentally fallen over the room.

'Umm, yeah sure. I'd be happy to play for you guys sometime.' I replied while smiling back at her.

'Oh hey, who knows what the time is?' Jack quickly asked while standing up.

'Not sure, probably around 8:40pm. Why?' North questioned.

'I wasn't asking you, I was asking Bunny.' Jack said annoyed.

'Ok... If it's around 8:40pm here, that would make it about 8:50am-ish.' Bunny replied unsure of what the exact time in Australia was at the moment.

'Yup, looks like I've gotta be gettin home. Thank you for the beautiful food North. It was nice seein you again Bunny, Tooth and Sandy.' I said politely as I stood up from my seat and followed Jack out of the dining hall.

'Oi mate, I need to talk to ya for a moment before ya leave.' Bunny called out to Jack before he smashed the snow globe, opening a portal back home.

'Yeah?' Jack said while handing me the snow globe. 'Here you take this and go home. I'll be down to see you later.' He said while kissing me on the cheek and then running back into the hall.

Shrugging my shoulders I did what Jack had taught me and whispered my home into the snow globe, then smashed it into the ground.

|

|

|

|

|

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

After watching Romanna safely return home I brought my attention towards Bunny. 'You wanted to talk to me?' I asked while walking over to him.

'Yeah I do, but not here.' He said while tapping his foot and opening a tunnel beneath me.

Moments later I was inside the Warren with a not so happy Pooka. Uh-oh, I'm in trouble. What did I do?

'Tooth told me that when she went to wake Romanna, she found you asleep in bed with 'er. You mind tellin me exactly what you were doin?!' Bunny said while roughly grabbing the back of my hood and pulling me to my feet.

'Woah! Bunny don't jump to conclusions, we were only sleeping. Romanna didn't want me to leave in case Pitch showed up while she was asleep and she also didn't want to fall asleep while I was flying home. She was worried that I would fall asleep too and crash, hurting myself in the process. I agreed and was planning to sleep on her bean bag but she insisted on me being with her.' I explained to him calmly.

Toothiana why did you tell Bunnymund! Oh no, I hope she didn't tell everyone! I'm so screwed.

'Romanna doesn't seem to like the kind of person to fall asleep with someone she's just met.' Bunny said skeptically while opening the front door to his cottage. He let me in and forcefully sat me down on the soft, brown earth coloured couch.

'Unless' Bunny continued while sitting down next to me. 'Unless you somehow managed to get her to talk. She did seem happier than the last time we met. What exactly did ya do? I distinctly rememba tellin ya not to ask about anythin personal, to go really slow.' Bunny said while crossing his arms and legs.

'And that's what I did. I didn't ask her anything, she freely and by herself told me everything. I'm still really surprised that she trusted me that much, especially after what happened.' I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

'So are ya gonna let me in on what she told you?' Bunny said impatiently.

'NO!' I snapped back at him. 'I promised never to tell anybody! I am not going to break that promise!' I suddenly found myself yelling harshly at him.

'Crikey, mate. Wow, whateva she told you it must have been really bad if me just askin to know is enough to make ya become this protective.' Bunny said while moving away the paint brushes he was accidentally sitting on.

'I understand that ya need to keep what she told you private, but I need you to tell me somethin. Ya don't have to go into details, just a little somethin to help me undastand 'er betta. It'll remain private between us and she'll neva know you said anythin.

I'm worried that I might say somethin and make 'er upset or uncomfortable, so you need to tell me what happened to 'er before her sixth birthday. At dinna she mentioned that some bad happened when she was six, mind explainin a little? That's if she even told ya 'bout that.' Bunny said while placing his hand on my shoulder. He was really concerned about Romanna.

I know I shouldn't tell him everything she told me, but I can trust Bunny and he can relate to Romanna so much!

After a few long moments of fighting with myself, I agree to tell Bunny only a couple of things that Romie told me. Only enough so he can understand why I can't say more.

A/N

Ello my lovelies!

Sorry about the wait, I attended a cosplay convention last weekend and I'm still trying to clean up the mess of foam and fabric that's exploded in my room. The weekend was filled with soo much How To Train Your Dragon it was nuts! I was cosplaying as Ruffnut and was with some cosplay friends who did an amazing HTTYD 2 Hiccup and a gender bend of HTTYD 2 Astrid. I even met a random Eret cosplayer that I happily chased after. xD I had soo much fun and got soo many photos.

Anyway~~~

I hope you enjoyed the little dinner scene. It was really fun to make.

So the next chapter is just a continuation of this one and is mostly about Bunny and Jack.

Thank you for reading and voting!

Xoxo

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

7.5K 124 20
Alexandra Barrow was a normal girl of sixteen when she died in 1626. While saving her brother from a mountain lion, she was attacked and killed by th...
123K 3.5K 61
The battlefield was never kind for you and your brother, and protecting The Lunanoff family was the only objective you had within yourself. You peris...
400 35 16
We know the Guardians. Nicholas St. North, the Spirit of Christmas known as Santa Clause; E. Aster Bunnymund, the Spirit of Easter known as the Easte...
2.2K 72 11
You have heard of the guardians which contains North (aka. Santa Claus), Sandy (aka. Sandman), Tooth (aka. Tooth Fairy), Bunny (aka. Easter Bunny), a...