The Summer Reunion (unedited...

Autorstwa wordsandescapism

Andie Turner returns home for the summer when she's guaranteed a job as a camp counsellor with her old privat... Więcej

1| Machete Man
2| Whack his Golf balls
3| Ammunition
4| Counsellor Cup
5| If looks could kill I'd be dead
6| Moldy Breakfast Pudding
7| Grimy Little Goblins
8| Tortellini Cowboy Hats
9| Running On Empty
10| Stranded
11| Flare for the dramatics
12| Fried Circuit
13| Reverse Cupid
14| Candid
16| Truth or Dare
17| Karma
18| Rainy Day
19| Past times
20| Order Up
21| Getting Somewhere
22| The Golden Ticket
23| Excuse Me
24| Country Club Chaos
25| Control Yourself
26| Invitations
27| High Ropes
28| Can't Get Down, Can't Go Back
29| Bold Of You To Admit That
30| Blame The Mosquito
31| Bedrooms and Brothels
32| Until Then
33| Get Off My Lawn You Stinkin' Kids
34| Trust (water)Falls
35| The Under(water)world
36| Three Teens And A Creepy Unknown Being Makes Four
37| Butterflies Or Bears?
38| Caught
39| Let's Have An Adventure
40| Into The Deep End
41| Lake Nights
42| Midnight Memories
43| The Bathtub Chronicles
44| Fly Me To The Moon (on a paper crane)
45| Paint Me Like A French Girl
46| The Parties Just Begun
47| The Midsummer Ball
48| Out Of Sight Out Of Hand
49| Sink Or Swim
50| Do or Die
51| Team Effort
52| And The Winner Goes To...
53| The Blame Game
54| Two Roads Diverge
55| Moving On
56| Going Home
What's Next?
58| new and improved!

15| Thank you Ma'am

246 6 0
Autorstwa wordsandescapism

Cars rushed by as Tosh and I waited outside the coffee shop for Grayson, who was ordering our drinks. It was mid-afternoon and we had taken Drews Jeep into town to look at the shops and walk around. This was the first day I had off since I got here, and it was the perfect weather. A breeze blew lightly every few minutes, cooling us for a moment before the heat crept back in.

Tosh was leaned up against the wall, wearing black jean shorts and a t-shirt. Even in the smoldering heat she wore the one colour known to attract the sun... meanwhile I was standing comfortably in my jean shorts and tank top. My sunglasses sat on top of my head, lifting my hair off my face.

I walked over and stood against the brick wall beside Tosh. The heat was making me move a little slower today. 

I wonder how much longer Grayson will be. I glanced over to the front window and saw him talking to the barista, who was handing him a tray of our cold beverages. Thank God, the only drink I have is a half empty plastic water bottle drew had in his car.

I heard a whining noise at my feet, and fur rubbing against my leg, "What the-" A golden retriever pawed at my shoes, looking up at me. There wasn't an owner around, but he was tied up to the leg of a table outside the coffee shop. He must have been out here for a little while because he was panting from the heat.

I looked down at the dog, who stared at me with wishful eyes. I had the strong urge to take him back with us, I couldn't leave him all by himself. But that would be dognapping, and also illegal. Poor guy. It must be hot with all that fur.

Grayson walked out of the coffee shop, holding the tray of drinks in his hand. "You guys ready?" 

I looked down at my new furry friend with sad eyes, "uhm.." he looked back up at me with a smile. I mean, it could just be him panting, but I think it was a smile. "One minute," I spotted a small dog bowl on the ground a few tables away and carried it back to where we stood. After pouring the water I had left from my plastic bottle into the dog bowl, I bent down and scratched his ear before facing them again. I glanced between the two of them, "Okay, good to go." I nodded.

Tosh was already a quarter way through her drink, and Grayson was looking at my hand petting the dog with a small smile.

He stepped closer and scratched the dog behind the ear, "Okay Andie, say goodbye to your friend."

I patted him on the head one last time, "Bye Carlos." I waved goodbye and watched as he bent down to drink the water I poured for him.

Grayson's eyebrows raised, "The dogs name is Carlos?"

We began to walk down the street towards the park in the middle of town.

"No, the tag said benny, but he looked like a Carlos to me." I shrugged.

"Poor dog." 

Tosh raised her hand, "You mean, poor Carlos."

                                                                                       *******

It only took us a few minutes to reach the park, where joggers and bicyclists raced past us in a hurry. 

Tosh was walking between Grayson and I, pointing out random people in the distance and creating fictional stories of their lives.

"He's in the mob." Tosh pointed at a stocky man with broad shoulders, who dressed in business wear and carried a briefcase. I'll admit he did look a little mob-like.

Grayson observed his movements, "See that briefcase he's holding?" he looked back between the two of us, "he's doing a drop right now."

"Inside the case is four million dollars," I added, wanting to be apart of the game.

Tosh clutched my arm, "he's using the money to buy someone!"

An amused smile spread across my face, "someone kidnapped his daughter you know," I informed the two of them, pretending to be serious, "and he's paying her captures for her return." I eyed Tosh who walked beside me, enjoying how carefree she always was. 

"Hey!" a voice called out across the open path, "Watch where you're going!"

The three of us hadn't been paying much attention, and we accidentally stumbled into the middle of a yoga class. 

The male instructor glared at us as we stood a few feet from where he was teaching. "We're in the middle of a class here, if you don't mind." He tilted his head and gestured for us to leave.

"Yeah, thanks." Tosh offered a fake smile and nodded at the teacher. She did so in a way which indicated we were obviously not going to converse in the middle of a yoga class.

The instructor sighed at her response, "That's thank you, sir."

"Ha!" she scoffed, "not to me it isn't."

"Excuse me?" a look of surprise crossed his face, shocked a stranger spoke to him in such a manner.

"Do I look like a middle-aged soccer mom?" she asked him rhetorically, "No, I don't. So your weird power trip doesn't fall onto me buddy."

"You, young lady, should learn to treat people with respect."

Grayson and I glanced at each other over Tosh's head, staring in disbelief and her boldness. Neither of us would ever dare to stand up for ourselves or speak to anyone like this.

She stared down at her cuticles, "Sure thing." 

He huffed out a sigh, "Thank you."

"That's thank you ma'am." She clarified with smile. 

His eyes widened in rage and before he could say anything else, Grayson and I grabbed Tosh's arm and ushered her away from the yoga class.

"I thought yoga teachers were supposed to be Zen." she mumbled as we escorted her away. 

                                                                                         ********

We arrived back at the cabin in the late afternoon. The three of us worn out from walking around town. I laid down on the couch in exhaustion, my feet hurting from travelling in flipflops. Tosh was sitting down beside me staring blankly at the tv, which was playing a bake off. Grayson was sitting on the chair beside us, his feet kicked up in relaxation.

Our heads perked up as someone knocked on the door. It couldn't be Izzie or Drew because they would just walk right in.

That means it might be...oh no.

"Tosh get the door." I told her.

"What?" she looked over from where she sat, "Why me?"

"It might be Travis! I don't want to talk to him again."

"Well, I'm not getting up."

I groaned at her reluctance, "come on pleaseeeeee" I reached over to pull her arm. 

She pursed her lips and shook her head at me, "No can do."

"You know what? That's fine, we just won't get it." I shrugged, "Then no one has to talk to him."

I heard the door open, and Grayson was holding it open for our guest.

Who was not Travis.

Mr. Clearwater stood at the threshold of the wooden door, peering over at us on the couch, "Good afternoon to you all!" he exclaimed. "I have a volunteer sign-up sheet here for the midsummer ball." He held up the clipboard and waved it, "if any of you are interested in pitching in we'd appreciate it."

"Midsummer ball?" Tosh asked from the couch.

Grayson took a step back from the door so Mr. Clearwater could step farther into the room, "It's a party held by the country club for it's members. the entrance is down the road. They hold the party every year for their VIP members, we always ask the counsellors if they want to help out."

The three of us shot glances between each other, silently figuring out who was going to politely decline.

I took one for the team, "We'll definitely think about it and get back to you." I smiled politely at him from across the room.

He nodded his head as he opened the front door, "Perfect!" he smiled at us, "And remember, I can sign your volunteer sheets and you will get hours for your participation!" he closed the screen behind him and strolled down the driveway, out of sight.

We heard voices outside and footsteps trudging up the stairs onto the deck. Izzie and Drew trudged into the cabin looking like they survived a wreck. 

Tosh stifled a laugh at Izzie's wild hair, "What happened to you?"

"If I ever have kids I'm getting a nanny!" she huffed and tried to smooth down her hair. "I don't know how you guys do that everyday."

"Well, they're not anymore." Tosh pointed out, "We're all going to take turns counselling from now on."

Grayson chuckled, "You know Tosh, that means you'll have to contribute too."

Her eyes widened in realization. "But-"

He raised his hand to cut her off, "I thought you said we were all going to take turns?" he smiled amusingly over at her, using her own words against her.

She groaned and grabbed a pillow, screaming into it and pretending to snuff herself out. 

                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote if you liked this chapter! Some fun stuff is coming up, I'm excited!

Don't want to keep you too long, so I'll see you next week. If you ever want to chat about the book or anything else, feel free to msg me! I love hearing from people.  

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.7K 32 17
An angsty romance. * * * Maisie knows her relationship with James is on the verge of breaking up. She still loves her boyfriend, but is her love enou...
206 1 24
When a 17 year old teen name Josh goes to a summer camp, his plans were to have fun and care free love. Until Josh realize that his roommate is a str...
595 35 33
Archie and Zac have been friends for as long as either of them can remember, which makes sense because they've known each other since forever. Every...
3.1K 301 41
"Seriously you've dated the same guy since freshman year!" He asks astonished. I nod my head. "So, you've only kissed one guy?" I laugh. "Why does...