I'm Fine

By JLB_18

{IN NEED OF HEAVY EDITING} Asha grew up with a verbally abusive mother that constantly put her older sister a... More

Part 1: Chapter 1
Part 1: Chapter 2
Part 1: Chapter 3
Part 1: Chapter 4
Part 1: Chapter 5
Part 1: Chapter 6
Part 1: Chapter 7
Part 1: Chapter 8
Part 1: Chapter 9
Part 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
Part 1: Chapter 12
Part 1: Chapter 13
Part 1: Chapter 14
Part 1: Chapter 15
Part 1: Chapter 16
Part 1: Chapter 17
Part 1: Chapter 18
Part 1: Chapter 19
Part 1: Chapter 20
Part 1: Chapter 21
Part 1: Chapter 22
Part 1: Chapter 23
Part 1: Chapter 24
Part 2: Chapter 25
Part 2: Chapter 26
Part 2: Chapter 27
Part 2: Chapter 28
Part 2: Chapter 29
Part 2: Chapter 30
Part 2: Chapter 31
Part 2: Chapter 32
Part 2: Chapter 33
Part 2: Chapter 34
Part 2: Chapter 35
Part 2: Chapter 36
Part 2: Chapter 37
Part 2: Chapter 38
Part 2: Chapter 39
Part 2: Chapter 40
Part 2: Chapter 41
Part 2: Chapter 42
Part 2: Chapter 43
Part 2: Chapter 44
Part 2: Chapter 45
Part 2: Chapter 46
Part 2: Chapter 47
Part 2: Chapter 48
Part 2: Chapter 49
Part 3: Chapter 51
Part 3: Chapter 52
Part 3: Chapter 53
Part 3: Chapter 54
Part 3: Chapter 55
Part 3: Chapter 56
Part 3: Chapter 57
Part 3: Chapter 58
Part 3: Chapter 59
Part 3: Chapter 60
Part 3: Chapter 61
Part 3: Chapter 62
Part 3: Chapter 63
Part 3: Chapter 64
New Book!!
Rage

Part 3: Chapter 50

3.4K 209 8
By JLB_18

I sat on my bed with my knees to my chest, waiting impatiently as I could hear commotion outside my door. I tried to leave, but Meech wouldn't let me. He told me to stay in the room for a while so that I wouldn't be a distraction to everyone. Of course, I fought him on this, and in return, he put someone at my door to make sure that I stayed put. Not knowing what was going on was driving me insane, but every time I asked to speak to Meech, I was told that he was busy. But I couldn't just sit here. I constantly felt like throwing up, but I had nothing on my stomach to throw up. I needed to be out there helping and not in here falling victim to my intrusive thoughts.

I jumped up when there was a knock at the door. I stood from the bed and rushed over to it, but the door was pushed open before I could get to it. Meech walked in, Remi following closely behind him, crying.

"Where have you been?" I asked her, wiping at my own swollen eyes. She looked down at the floor, avoiding my gaze.

"Remi?" I pulled her further into the room while Meech stood off to the side with a distant look on his face.

"I have something to tell you," she said.

"What is it? Do you know where Imani is?"

"No, but I think I was the reason she was taken," she sniffled.

"How? You didn't even know that this would happen. You're not to blame. It's all my—"

"But, I am to blame."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I met that girl once...but I didn't know who she was. She popped up at the house one day when you were at the hospital and—"

"Kennedy?"

"Yes, but I promise I didn't know who she was. When I asked her what she wanted, she didn't say anything, only looked around. She said she had the wrong house and then left. I closed the door and that was the end of it," she rushed out.

"Did she ask for anything or say anything in particular? What about Imani? Did she see her?"

"No. The whole thing happened so fast. She was gone within a couple of minutes."

"When did this happen?" I started to pace the floor.

"It was when you first started going to the hospital."

I put my fingers to my temples, trying to think. Kennedy was actually here. Kennedy was at my house, and she knew where I lived this whole time. But, how did she find my address and why did she have to stoop so low to get my attention? What does she think she's gonna gain from doing this?

"I wish you would have told me," I said continuing to pace and thumbing my forehead as I could feel a headache forming.

"I didn't think anything of it, and I never saw her again after that."

"Are you sure nothing happened?"

"I swear she didn't say anything, just left. The interaction was so fast that it was like it never happened. The next morning, I took Imani to school and I picked her up—nothing happened. She never came back, so I thought it would be pointless to tell you about it. You have to believe me. I—"

"She played you Remi," I cut her off. "She was only trying to figure out your routine...our routine. And I bet she saw me constantly leaving the house for hours on end, sometimes days. She waited and waited until she saw an opportunity, then took it," I shook my head in utter disbelief.

"I promise I didn't know Asha. You know I would never do anything to hurt Imani."

"I wish you would have told me," I nearly choked on my words. I need to find my child. I need to go back out there and look. My carelessness allowed this to happen, so it's my responsibility to find her. Plus, I know Kennedy and how she moves. I need to help. Sitting in this room all day is pointless.

I stormed up to Meech, and he pushed up off the wall as I stopped in front of him.

"I know Kennedy. I know how she moves. I can help."

"You haven't seen her in years," he countered.

"That doesn't matter. I know her. I—"

"Then tell me where she is and I'll go get Imani."

"I-I don't know where. I'm just saying that I could help."

"No," he said before turning to the door. When he opened it, I slipped past him, leaving the room. He grabbed me so fast.

"I said no. You will only be in the way."

"Who are you to tell me what I can't do. I have every right to go out and help find my child. This is bullshit. I cannot stay in here and do nothing. You cannot make me stay here." I tried pulling my arm from out his strong grip, but he only squeezed tighter, pulling me back towards the room.

"Ow, Meech. Let go." He let me go once I was back in the room.

"Let me do what the fuck I need to do without worrying about your safety."

"I won't be in the way. I can help you," I pleaded, desperate for him to listen to me. But, he ignored me. He went to close the door when I called his name.

"Please let me help." He gave me a once-over before looking to Remi who hadn't uttered a single word. He then took a deep breath and shook his head, signaling that I had failed at trying to convince him that I could be of some use in searching for my daughter.

"I can't look for Imani and keep my eye on you at the same time, so no. You both need to stay in here till I get back."

He then left, closing the door behind him. After hesitating only a moment, I rushed to it and pulled it open. Sure enough, this big ass dude was back outside my door. I already spent enough time earlier trying to convince him to let me out, so he definitely wouldn't listen to me now. And even if I got past him, I still had a house full of niggas, and all of them were loyal to Meech. If Meech said I had to stay put, then it was his word against mine and my word meant nothing.

I slammed the door closed and stalked into my bathroom where I stayed for the rest of the day.

.....

Three whole days went by. I was a complete mess—the sleepless nights, my nonexistent appetite, the constant headaches, and I'm just tired. I was so tired that it was nothing for me to fall asleep—I could do that easily. But, it was the constant battle in my head that wouldn't let me. As soon as I close my eyes, they always shoot right back open at the thought of Royce not being by my side. Then I start panicking all over again. On top of that, no one will give me answers. All they keep saying is to wait on Meech, but I haven't seen Meech since he took Remi from my room two days ago to ask her more questions. Now I don't know where she is either.

After another long hour of doing absolutely nothing but worry, I gathered the courage and yanked my door open. I was surprised to see no one standing outside, so I hurried down the hall and then down the stairs. I stopped in my tracks once I got to the living room.

"Penny?" She stopped the conversation she was having and turned to me.

"I was just about to come up and see you," she said.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was told to tell you to grab some of your things."

"Why?" I questioned.

"I'm taking you somewhere."

"Why?"

"We got some new information. It's not an exact location, but it's something. Whoever Kennedy is working with got a base just outside the city. Meech wants you somewhere closer—somewhere he knows is safe and he can get to you if necessary."

"But, I can't leave. I made Royce memorize our address and my phone number for emergencies. What if she gets free and someone brings her home. It sounds stupid but it could happen. I need to be close just in case she comes back."

"I hear you, but they know where you live. It's not safe here."

"But, I—"

"Do you not trust me?" She questioned.

"It's not that I don't trust you. I'm just tired of people telling me what to do," I responded in frustration. Penny walked up to me, reaching for my hand.

"I'll help you pack your things," she said completely disregarding what I just told her.

"Did you not hear what I just said? I'm tired of people telling me what to do," I slapped her hand away. She exhaled briefly, eyeing me like I was a child that didn't know any better.

I then side-stepped her and started looking for my keys.

"Where are you going?" She asked me. Now preoccupied in my search for my keys, I ignored her question. I wasn't about to waste this opportunity to actually do something, so I started searching. I searched high and low for my keys. I searched the kitchen, the living room, I went back upstairs, and I even checked the key hook five times even though nothing was on it. Hell, I couldn't even find my damn purse, and Penny's presence wasn't helping. She was starting to irk me as she silently followed me from room to room. When I just about had enough, I turned to her.

"Who took my keys?" She was some inches taller than me, but I still managed to look her dead in the eye.

"I don't know Asha. I'm only here to pick you up."

"Then where are my keys?" She held my gaze and shrugged. I frowned, storming back into the living room.

"I bet you're enjoying this," I mumbled flipping through couch cushions.

"Seeing you in pain like this, no Asha. Why would you say some fuck shit like that? I'm not enjoying this at all."

"Then give me back my keys. I need to help look for her."

"The only thing you can do for Imani is to stay calm and not put yourself at risk. Just let Meech do his job, and let me take you to the safe-house."

"I'm not going, and I refuse to let you or anyone else force me to go," I stated.

At my bold words, she cocked her head to the side, eyeing me intensely. I've definitely noticed that when Penny is in work mode, she always has this look in her eye; it's the kind of look that screams don't fuck with me. Even though we are close, I knew our friendship would never be above her loyalties to Dashawn and Meech.

"Asha, I don't want to force you, but I will if I have to."

.....

We are now on part 3 of the story, which is the shortest section of the book. Thanks for being patient these past three weeks. I'm done with school now until the spring semester starts, but I will most likely have the book finished before then.

💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 66 23
* Every thug needs a good girl on his side to balance him out. * A little sweet, but spiced with a little crazy. This story has strong sexual conten...
787K 36.2K 42
"𝑭𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕. 𝑭𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆. 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗�...
10.8K 345 24
A world where she got every man to do exactly what she asked them to....except one. He was broken and soon he'd break her too. She wanted his atten...
14.3K 386 21
Explicit Story. Andrea gets involved with a big time drug dealer who she dropped out of school to be with. After he beats her the first time she lea...