An Adoxography of Memories (A...

confusions-scrolls

๐€๐ƒ๐Ž๐—๐Ž๐†๐‘๐€๐๐‡๐˜ (๐ง.) ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ง ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐›๐ฃ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐จ๐ซ... ะ•ั‰ะต

๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š๐šž๐šŒ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— (Please read!)
โžธ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐š˜๐š– ๐š‚๐š‘๐š˜๐š›๐š ๐š‚๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ
โžธ ๐š‚๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข ๐š‚๐š‘๐š˜๐š›๐š๐šœ
โžธ ๐™ฟ๐š˜๐šŽ๐š–๐šœ
โžธ ๐š‚๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šœ
โžธ ๐šƒ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š• ๐š†๐š›๐š’๐š๐š’๐š—๐š

Edelweiss (A Short Songfic)

21 5 12
confusions-scrolls

Written in: July 16th 2020
Word count: 1063 words

(lol this was actually my first short story that I wrote in my yeet book. it's still staying there by the way.)

~☆♡☆~

ᴇᴅᴇʟᴡᴇɪꜱꜱ, ᴇᴅᴇʟᴡᴇɪꜱꜱ

Days and days flying past, and yet still no sign of the small snow blossom I was looking for.

Everything around me was snow. Just snow.

Even if there was something in the white snowy ground below my winter boots, I wouldn't be able to tell.

After all, they did warn everyone who traveled up into the Swiss Alps to beware.

Looking around me to make sure that there were no cliffs for me to fall off from, I continued forwards.

I was on a mission. A personal mission.

And I was not going to fail.

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɢʀᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ

It was as if the cold winter was expecting my arrival.

Of course, that was what I was supposed to expect. It is the Swiss Alps after all.

But nothing prepared me for blizzard that met me up on the mountains.

Snow and ice crystals being blown against me by the wind. I held my hands up in front of me, looking away from all the snowflakes that seemed to be crashing into my face.

All the snow and ice stuck to the lenses of my glasses. I took them off, holding them in one hand while trying to brave through the blizzard with the other.

ꜱᴍᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ, ᴄʟᴇᴀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ

White.

Everything was white.

From the snow on the ground, to the view all around, and maybe even the unsuspecting edelweiss blossoms that could be hiding in the thick blankets of ice and frost.

They say that not everyone came back.

They say that only the men with the purest hearts could retrieve the edelweiss flower and bring it back to their adored ones.

I had seen one before. It was a small, white flower with fuzzy petals. It may not have seemed like much, but it was a symbol of courage, bravery, and most importantly, love.

Which was why I was so desperate to bring one back.

ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ

She was not happy to hear what I had to say.

I still remember her face. Her long blonde hair tied up in a single braid. Her icy blue-green eyes. The green dress that she'd always wear, despite the dirt and dust she'd get on it.

From the moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew that she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

But she was cold and reserved, rather like the mountains I was hiking.

When I confessed my love to her, she had stared at me for a while.

"You don't mean it." She had said sharply.

"I do." I responded.

"That's what everyone says. All the boys that had come up to me and told me that they loved me."

"Maybe they didn't. But I do."

"That's not the point."

"I swear, I really do love you."

"I am cold and reserved. How would you love me?"

"You're beautiful. And you're like an edelweiss flower, able to withstand even the harshest circumstances."

"You know, if I was ever tired of someone rambling about loving me, I'd scare then away with my father's gun"

I laughed, and she had joined in, before reverting back to the stern expression she previously had on her face.

"I'm not worth your while. Trust me."

"But you are. You really are."

"No I'm not. Besides, how am I supposed to be sure that you truly love me?"

I paused. My words were not enough to persuade her.

"That's what I thought." She picked up her white beret, putting it on her head. "I'd suggest that you stop wasting your time on a girl like me."

With that, she left.

And that was how I made my decision.

ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴏᴡ

Finally, I saw it.

A small cluster of white flowers with fuzzy little petals, standing in the snow, unfazed by the cold weather.

They reminded me of her. If she had come here with me, she definitely have been able to withstand the harsh climate.

It was as if the flowers were waiting to be picked. And they were going to be.

I searched through the cluster for the blossom that looked the prettiest. I spotted a tall flower in the cluster of edelweiss blossoms. It seemed to be standing tall, differentiating it from the rest.

It reminded me of her. Her cold attitude standing out amongst the other girls.

I picked the flower. I had never felt so accomplished in my life.

At that moment, I seemed to forget where I was, and what would happen to me if I did so.

ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴏᴡ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

Some who came up here had died from the cold. Others had died from falling off cliffs.

It looked like I was going to be one of them.

Forgetting where I was standing, I took a step backwards and slipped.

Luckily, my hand had grabbed the edge of the cliff just in time.

With the edelweiss flower in one hand, and the other holding my glasses and grabbing on to the edge of the cliff, it seemed like I was going to slip.

I knew that I shouldn't look down, but I couldn't help it.

Looking down at the chasm below, I gulped, realising how long of a fall it would be if I let go of the edge.

My hand was trembling. I was afraid that if I tried to haul myself up, it would be no use.

All because I had loved a girl.

But who wouldn't have loved her? She was beautiful. She was tough.

But she didn't trust me.

She didn't think that I was telling the truth when I said that I loved her.

My hand started slipping. I let go of my glasses, grabbing onto a small rock that was at the edge of the cliff. I tried using my other hand, the one that was holding the edelweiss, to haul myself up.

I had dropped the edelweiss onto the snow, but my hand slipped. Now, I only had one hand holding on, and even that hand was starting to go numb.

As I was dangling from the cliff, all I could think of was her. The girl I loved. The girl as tough as an edelweiss flower, withstanding the harsh climate.

My sweet edelweiss, Adelheid.

ᴇᴅᴇʟᴡᴇɪꜱꜱ, ᴇᴅᴇʟᴡᴇɪꜱꜱ
ʙʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ-ʟᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

~☆♡☆~

My oldest short story was a fun little songfic. Surprisingly it's not as cringey as I thought lmao

Thanks for reading! Have a good day/night, and stay safe!

Peace out,

Confusion owo

ะŸั€ะพะดะพะปะถะธั‚ัŒ ั‡ั‚ะตะฝะธะต

ะ’ะฐะผ ั‚ะฐะบะถะต ะฟะพะฝั€ะฐะฒะธั‚ัั

ยน two people, kate martin bella :)

ะ ะฐะทะฝะพะต

216K 5.1K 55
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
80.9K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
Groupchat || Bangchan skizz

ะ ะฐะทะฝะพะต

32.9K 671 79
In which Kim Saena is in a groupchat with a bunch of idiots Or In which Bangchan finds himself inside a groupchat with a bunch of delusional fans ~~โ˜…...
horny thoughts xx (wlw) ieaturanium

ะ ะฐะทะฝะพะต

76.1K 179 19
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni