Our Best Mistake

Autorstwa HollyHanson5

When Brooke Jamison woke up naked, in the arms and bed of Reed Andrews, panic set in. He's off limits because... Więcej

***
1- Dumped
2- Once upon a drunken night
3- What did we do?
4- Can we talk?
5- Pregnant
6- Telling Reed
8- Moving out
9- Settling in
10- 8 week Appointment
11- Party
12- You ready for this?
13- Girlfriend
14- Trust in our feelings
15- Meeting his family
16- Beach & date night
17- Vanessa
18- I'm never letting you go
19- Apple Orchard
20- Halloween
21- It's a...
22- The Holidays
23- Uncomfortable
24- Baby Shower
25- Whoa baby
26- Hello, Princess
27- Yes!
28- The end!

7- Keeping it a secret

21.2K 725 35
Autorstwa HollyHanson5

Reed's P.O.V.

Brooke and I were currently sitting at my kitchen table in my apartment, eating the Chinese I ordered, laughing at something dumb that I told her Chris did at work.

"Is his finger okay?" She asked, taking a bite of her egg roll.

"Yeah, after he got the nail out of his finger he wrapped it up in duct tape and finished trimming the house."

"What? He didn't need stitches?"

"Oh no, he definitely did. You know Chris is stubborn as hell, it would have had to be dangling for him to go to the doctor."

"So when I have Ben in class this next year, I should keep him away from the stapler, is what you're telling me?"

I chuckled, "That would probably be a very smart idea."

"Noted." She started laughing again. That laugh and smile that can light up any room.

"This is nice, Brooke. I missed this."

She smiled, shyly at me. "I know, I missed this too."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"If you didn't get pregnant how long would it have taken you to talk to me again?"

"After you texted me, I tried. I don't know how many texts I started and then deleted because I wasn't quite ready. Then I got busy but now that I say it out loud it sounds like a really stupid excuse but it's true. I've been helping my grandma around her farm and I'm also in the process of moving out of my apartment but I would have, eventually."

"Wait, you're moving out?"

"Yes, it's a long story but I hate Tom and Vanessa is, well Vanessa."

"Where are you going?" I asked in a panic.

"My Grandma's. She's got space and now with a baby on the way, it's definitely best because this situation isn't going to sit well with Vanessa." She said, motioning to her stomach.

I let out a breath, thanking God she wasn't moving far away as I nodded in agreement.

"When are you moving?"

"I hired movers in three weeks. That's the soonest I could get."

"Cancel them. I'll help you, plus I won't charge you."

"I can't ask you to do that."

"You don't have to, I want to. I'll even get the guys to help."

"That's very sweet of you, but-"

"I'm not taking no for an answer, B."

She was about to say something but paused for a moment, probably knowing I wasn't going to let her hire movers. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. When can you have everything packed and ready?"

"Actually, I've got it all pretty much ready now."

"I'm sure I can get some of my friends there Saturday, otherwise I can definitely help anytime this week."

"Saturday's perfect." She said.

******
After we finished eating, we sat down on the couch.

"I have a favor to ask of you."

"Sure, anything."

"Can we keep the baby a secret for a few more weeks, even from Chris. I would really like to go to the doctor and make sure everything is fine before we start telling people."

"Yes I understand that. I won't say anything to anyone."

"Thank you, that means a lot to me. My grandma is the only one that knows besides you because I was at her house and she knew something was wrong, I didn't want to worry her. Plus I needed someone to talk to, you know."

"Yeah, I get it. I'm actually glad she knows because you said she got you to come talk to me."

"Again, sorry." She replied, shyly.

She was never shy before. I kind of liked this shy side of Brooke, I didn't think she could get anymore adorable but she did.

"You don't have to apologize, I know the situation was a little weird."

"Yeah. Speaking of that, won't it be weird helping me move out of your ex's house? I'm not sure if she will be there on Saturday but there's a chance."

"It will be fine, I'm not worried about it. I'd do anything for you, even if that means facing her again."

I have to prove to Brooke that I don't have any feelings for Vanessa so we can move forward, hopefully together. Now that we have a baby coming I wasn't going to ignore these feelings I have for Brooke like I did before.

She yawned, "Gosh, excuse me. I should probably get going but thank you for today, Reed."

"Yes, this was nice."

"It really was." She smiled warmly at me. "Can I use your bathroom really quick before I leave?"

"Yes, it's right... I guess you already know, don't you."

She giggled, "Yes, I do."

She walked over, closing the door behind her.

I was smiling like a fool when there was a knock on my door.

Heading over to the front door, I looked through the peephole to see Chris and Matt standing there, dangling my truck keys.

I hurried and opened the door, "Thank you, bye." After grabbing the keys, I went to shut the door but they both stopped me.

"Ohhh no, no, no." Chris said, as they both pushed their way inside. "I didn't see Brooke's car outside, she comes to the job site, looking all hot and cute and you, Mr. workaholic leave for the day with her and you try pushing us out the door?"

I motioned for them to both shut up but they didn't listen as Matt started in next.

"Yeah, we need deets! So are you guys good? Did you hook up again? Holy crap I'm so freaking excited for you, man."

I was about to say something, but Brooke beat me to it.

"I parked on the side of the building because someone was moving out of the building and there were a lot of moving trucks. Also no, we didn't hook up again. Sorry to disappoint you." She said, with a slight smirk.

They both stood there like a deer caught in the headlights.

"B... we're sorry." They both replied.

She chuckled. "Don't, you guys are fine. Anyways," she turned towards me, "I'm going to head out."

"I'll walk you to your car." I suggested.

She waved at the two idiots behind me as I guided her down the stairs and out to her car.

"Can I call you, to see how everythings going and just to talk to you?"

"Yes, I'd like that. Oh and I promise I'll return your calls this time, busy or not." She joked.

"Good. I'll be in touch about Saturday and like I said if you need out sooner, I'll be there."

She nodded, "Thank you." She paused for a moment. "I'm pretty sure Chris and Matt are watching us right now."

I looked up at my bedroom window, sure enough they were both standing there, waving.

"Idiots."

She started laughing. She leaned up and kissed me on my cheek.

"Goodbye, Reed."

I wrapped my left hand around the back of her neck and kissed her forehead. "I'll see you soon, B."

She was still smiling as she got into her car and drove off.

I smiled the whole way back, until I got to my door and walked in, "Real smooth, guys."

"We didn't know she was here." Matt said.

"You didn't text me back so we brought your truck back. So are you and Brooke okay?"

"I think so, we talked and had a good afternoon with each other. Oh and we're also helping her move out of her apartment on Saturday."

"Moving?" Matt questioned.

"Apparently she hasn't been getting along with Vanessa or her new boyfriend. So I volunteered to help her out."

"Yeah, Emily was telling me about it. Of course I'll help."

"Me too." Matt said as he raided my fridge for food.

"Thank you."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

119K 1.6K 38
When Brooke moves school her bully turns into her boyfriend untill one girl comes along. ...
21 0 1
When Ivy and Brooke are thrown together by the universe, they must face the cruel realities of the world to live in each other's arms, in their cosmi...
2K 34 27
Marinette and Adrien are invited to a party as a celebration for graduating middle school. At the party Lila puts a drug in the punch, after this, M...
220K 9.5K 25
Amina is fresh out of college and looking for a job. Jax is a corporate heir who's entire life has been planned for him. When these two have a one ni...