ENCRYPTED : The Man Behind T...

By Apostrophoeia

Rogue lives in a society where strength means worth. Inequalities between classes is evidently rampant, cripp... More

ENCRYPTED : The  Man  Behind  The  Mask
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

EPILOGUE

21 5 0
By Apostrophoeia

IT'S raining hard, the sky seems so sad that it cried with all it's might.

A man  in mourning clothes carrying his black umbrella, as he walk, his face can't be seen.

The sky seems to mourn with him

He bring down his umbrella and went inside.

He lit up  a few candles for his lost love ones.

And also bring  flowers for them, he touched the marble graves as he sob for them.

But it's been three years since they left this world, isn't it too late to mourn?

He then whimpers in great pain, and knelt down, the sky is with him,

the rains becomes stronger,

The winds blew tougher

Lighting flashes angrily across the sky

And thunders roar mightily

Tears rolled down from his eyes , to his chin and down to the marble floor.

When his done, he went out and walk even he has no where to go.

He just walk, in the rain. He doesn't picked up his umbrella.

With his shoulders down, you can see how much  loosing them hurts him.

He walked in the rain while crying.

He have no where to go and he also have no one left  to comfort him.

He mourns alone in the middle of the strong rains.

He doesn't care if he'll get sick and die

As many people fight to live everyday, he struggles to die.

For him, it's a complete curse to live in this cruel world.

WILL I end here like them?

I don't know, but I  hope I don't end up here like Alexarious Guiseppe and the other sinners.

My vision blurred as I sink to the bottom.

I WOKE  up, everything I see is white.

Did I really die there?

I roam my eyes around and I see breathing apparatuses

And Van Ashtron is also unconscious in a bed with machines like me.

I just opened my eyes

I wanted to move but I still can't.

Calvin Callix and Zymophore Kriegspiel went in and they saw me awake.

They called the doctor in and checked my reflexes.

"She's fine, she'll be okay later let her rest for now"

Both of them also had some minor injuries.

As long as I have some strength I speak

"H-how long am I sleeping here ?"

ZK answered me " It's been just few hours, a furniture hit your head and you lost consciousness so I pulled you until we went out to the shore. Van, he didn't made it. His lungs failed him so Calvin Callix bring him as we both swam towards the shore. His lungs are filled with water, while you all you got is a hairline fracture in your cranium"

"How about Kadey?"

Calvin Callix walked nearer to the side of my bed "He's completely fine, He's out there fixing stuffs because as soon as the sun rises we'll be traveling back to Europe"

He also handed me an envelope, "Here, you are now free, No more engagement or weddings. You are now just an ordinary individual, you are no longer a part of the org."

I have mixed feelings but the joy I felt while hearing that everything is now over is the best one.

I STAYED for a few more days in the hospital until I recovered and got discharged.

Van's lungs are filled with water, even the water is removed, his body doesn't seem to recover.

In just few days after I got discharged he left us.

He joined Flare Onyx, Kayisha Denise and other people who have lost their lives in this fight.

After the funeral, I'll be living a simple life here until I finished my senior years in high school and after it we may move somewhere in Europe.

"A PLEASANT day to all of you as we start this year's graduation ceremony"

The hall is decorated nicely

hugged each other

The place is really beautiful

This a very special day for us

we're in our toga

We could also hear the graduation march

This march marks the end of our sufferings and a start of another beginning.

"This year would be special, after years of working, hierarchy is completely abolished"

Applause is heard through out the entire hall

Let's hear some words from the two students who worked on this

I and ZK went up on stage to give a short speech since it would be our farewell at Liminton.

ZK stand at the podium and deliver his heart felt speech

We're happy that after a long fight, we've finally achieved equality here at Liminton.

Hierarchy is completely eradicated,

Equal rights and opportunities are offered for everyone.

We will not let anyone be shattered and become miserable because of those shitty society standards

No one needs to feel worthless, Because everyone have their own worth, worth finding might be hard but it's unique for everyone

As this story starts I have a question in my mind, why do we keep secrets?

Well based on what I have experienced and seen, well because we have different reasons

Maybe because we don't want to hurt someone or ourselves

Masked Man, who's later in this story have his name, Alexarious Guiseppe, had finally removed the mask he put on.

I have known more than who's the man behind the mask but I also learned why he keep his identity encrypted using a mask

He kept his identity encrypted and away from everyone to conceal his weak self in the past
For him, his mask serves as his armor

He did this so people won't doubt his capabilities.

Masked man is successfully un masked, but not just his real identity is exposed we also seen the flawed reality of how society really operates

Inequality yes it is still around but we will continue on working to eradicated it

It is not something that we can change overnight, it's a long journey but we will continue.

For all of our friends and love ones that lost their lives in this journey and to all the other people who died because of the monstrous society we will continue to fight

But for them it's already a mission accomplished, they have done enough. For me they are this story's hero.

Society must stop creating those standards

Society should start embracing individuality and diversity.

So no one would be like masked man, so no one needs to put a mask on to fit society standards.

Are people like Alexarious Guiseppe monsters? No, because he's just a victim.

He's not the the monster society is.

I looked at the audiences and smiled widely, I also looked at ZK, who looks happy because he's doing this for his brother.

All the other graduates looked happy too.

I know Alexarious Guiseppe, whom I know before as Alpheus Jade loves Reigue Argonne,

he just don't know what love exactly is because in his lifetime he was never loved by people he expected to care for him.

I just can't believe that we have gone this far, we might be saying goodbye with each other but we'll continue on working for our goal.

Everything seems happy bit the celebration quickly ended when the our dearest intruder arrived.

He slammed the door open

Everyone is shocked to see his presence here, specially we thought he's dead.

Seeing his eerie smile again after three years makes me frightened.

"Am I too late for this event?"

"AJ, look, were working on eradication of inequality"

Alexarious Guiseppe laughs  out load and then suddenly become emotionless "Act now when it was too late for me? And now you were saying that this is all for me? Sounds funny brother, There's nothing else you can do for me, I'm already extremely thorn from the inside and out"

He can't be fixed because he's not broken, he's shattered.

He walks in the red carpet, closer to us and pulled out his gun

The other graduates become terrified, some even scream in great fear

He clapped his hands and smile widely "That's right. Scream, scream for me" touched his ears "  I miss hearing screams of people, it energizes  me"

Graduates and their parents are terrified of what he's doing

"I lost everything and and everyone I have, when I woke up from deep sleep it's been three years! And it's too late to mourn their passing"

He shoots the ceiling

"Just like what I said before this is my story and I'll be the one to dictate the ending." he looked at me "Rogue Argonne, this will not be your happy ending"

He then shoots he's brother ZK, seeing ZK bloody while wearing white is like what I have seen in one of my dreams before

"Rogue!"

He shouted, as he shout I heard a gun shot

He fell on the stage

Blood is coming out of his chest, His hand touches my face

"I love you"

"No please, don't leave me please,No, no, no"

It was really a deja Vu

He then shoots me, I am badly wounded. I don't know if I can survive this time.

"It would be no one's happy ending" and then he shoots himself in his forehead.

The gunshot sound echoed.

It ended bitterly.

But at least, this journey became meaningful.

I'm not worthless, I'm worth it.

I'm not weak, I have overcome tons of seemingly impossible barriers along my way.

I've met my friends who loved and accepted the whole of me.

The good memories of yesterday will always belong to my treasured memories.

I vaguely remember all the laughter that I shared with all of them.

It's weird but I can even hear their laughter

I smiled widely, as I reminisce those times.

Can I claim that the last laugh is still mine?

After all, how this journey ended doesn't matter, what matters most is how we play our roles.

And we reflect and apply all the learnings we got as we continue.

My eyelids felt heavy, maybe it's the perfect time to rest.

FLASH BACK
AS Rious fired his gun, water starts to drip from the ceiling.

The water rises too quickly, and he needs to act as quick as possible,

He's fighting against time, if he misses this chance he'll lose everything.

He quickly swam towards her direction.

He does everything that he could, 

debris from the structure starting to fall of the water.

The underwater structure starts to collapse erasing it's existence and all those filthy people having no idea that it's the day they will all be eradicated at once.

Unluckily, a big piece hit his head, he bled

The water is turning red from the his own blood but he continues to swim towards her

He's vision, starts blurring and his body slowly refuses to move but his determination is stronger.

It's so close for him to reach her hand but that is when his body failed him.

His hand reaches for hers but he cannot hold hers, he then sink to the bottom of the river.

He opened his eyes, trying to figure out where's this unfamiliar place he's in.

He wanted to talk and move but he's too weak to do so.

A woman goes in his direction, she looks worried  in his blurry vision  he see's her but it's just an illusion.

Tears started to roll from his eyes.

The nurse then called to doctors to tell them that the comatose patient finally woke up.

Doctors soon rush to check on him.

He's now free from the machines that make him survive for a long time.

With all his strength he asked the doctor

"Where are they?”

“They?" Confusion can be seen in the face of the doctor. "We haven't seen you with somebody else, you're floating in a body of water alone and you we're brought here"

He tried to get up, the doctor successfully stopped him.

" I need to find them as soon as possible, they might survive too"

The doctor tapped his shoulder,  " There's no chance, you've been comatose here for three years. There's no chance that there still alive.

He could believe that what he have heard, he chooses not to believe any of what he have heard.

Rious is now transferred into a room alone.

“Tell me you're lying"

"The doctor shook his head and handed him his phone"

There he saw the current date, this proves the doctor's claim that 3 years have already passed.

He also searches about articles, hoping that he might know where Reigue and Axzurite is now.

As the doctor leaves , he hugged his knees and cry

Cry heavily and silently, that pain is so painful that no words can be used to describe how much despair he's into now.

WEARING his mourning clothes, he went to them even it might be too late

At least the sky seems to mourn with him, after lighting up a few candles he walks out of the cemetery
Just walking without any sure destination.

He grabbed the gun on his pocket, and now he knew where he's heading to.

This might be a joyous day for them, but not for him.

He maid a scene there, shooting who ever blocked his way, he also shoot Rogue and ZK, his own brother before shooting himself.

He smiled widely as he fell on the ground, reminiscing his happiest days with her.

HE'S  standing facing the glass large glass windows, looking at the vast green land.
He already sensed her presence but he pretended he doesn't, he can clearly hear her gentle steps as she tip toes in the wooden floor towards him but he still continues to pretend he doesn't notice.

She then grabs his right arm and showed him her wide smile, He automatically smiled back at her.

“Good morning"

He hugged her back  and replied to her greetings.

"Right now I really don't know what should I call you, you're born as Reigue Xenonne but lived most of your life as Annica Beatrice. "

"Even I, I met you as Alpheus Jade but it turne out that you're Alexarious Guiseppe ”

" I was born as a result of a mistake" he bitterly chuckled

" I wasn't even born, I was just made as a back up plan"

He then hold her face with both of his hands,

“Soon, everything will end. We no longer need to be any of those person we lived as”
She smiled and hugged him tightly.

“I just need your trust, and we'll be free from our shitty lives soon"

"There's no single time I doubt you"

"When we succeed, we can then live the life we deserve, a life where we can choose without holding back and there's no standards to reach"

Reigue then holds his face. "You might be the antagonist for most, but not gor me because I know you. I know you more than them.

Her cheerful smile also made him smile.

END OF STORY

A/N: Thank you for reading and finishing this story you've come this far and I'm very thankful for it .
You might feel you're worthless
but always remember there will
always be someone that knows how
worth it you are

(#)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 333 18
* * * "...Why are you following me?" I only muttered in case no one was really there. I didn't want any surrounding people to think I was crazy and j...
14.9K 1.5K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
362K 12.1K 36
"Y/N. Just say one word. Hoodie or me?" "I-I don't-..." I paused. The words wouldn't come out right. My eyes darted from Hoodie to Masky ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿...
419 45 22
Book I of II I'm 17 year's old living in the city, where crime never sleep's. Probably wondering how I mange, I do too. But trust me I've had my fair...