Anidita : The Flaming Flambeau

By ms__romantic

By the time Barrister Anirudh Roy Chowdhary realizes his feelings for his wife Bondita, it was too late. Now... More

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
CHAPTER 1 : FENCING THE INTRACTABLE
CHAPTER 1 : Part 2
CHAPTER 1 : Part 3
CHAPTER 2 : REVOLTING AND EVOLVING
CHAPTER 2 : Part 2
CHAPTER 2 : Part 3
CHAPTER 3 : LIBERATING THE SHACKLED
CHAPTER 3 : Part 2
CHAPTER 3 : Part 3
CHAPTER 4 : OPEN SECRETS
CHAPTER 4 : Part 2
CHAPTER 4 : Part 3
CHAPTER 4 : Part 4
CHAPTER 5 : INTO THE UNKNOWN
CHAPTER 5 : Part 2
CHAPTER 5 : Part 3
CHAPTER 5 : Part 4
CHAPTER 6 : THE CONCEALED PUZZLE PIECES
CHAPTER 6 : Part 2
CHAPTER 6 : Part 3
CHAPTER 6 : Part 4

CHAPTER 3 : Part 4

1.1K 100 159
By ms__romantic

Anirudh's p.o.v

I dared a look to my back, clutching the silver bordered pallu of the pink Saree I was wearing close to my face with a mischievous grin. There stood my Bondita – with shocked eyes and frozen limbs. Yes, that's right. Your Pati babu's back in his old avatar!

"Aur yeh... yeh kaun hai?"

The lady's voice interrupted our staring session and I looked back at her half-heartedly. Can't you leave us for some minutes? Never mind.

"Kaun Malkin?" Roopa questioned.

"Ap?"

Bondita's sound was hardly audible. I swear I heard a shiver through it. I turned in her direction again, smiling smugly at her.

"Tum ise janti hai?" Laya questioned from behind me.

Bondita gave a look to Laya which I couldn't quite decipher. What was that? Blankness? Helplessness? Pity? Sympathy? I don't know... I'm not sure.

"Bondita Malkin aur mere jan-pehchan toh bohot purane hai, kyun Malkin?" I chimed.

Her eyes snapped to me in utter disapproval. She wasn't happy about this. And there's nothing more pleasing to me than that single fact.

"Ap Bondita ko keise jante hai?" Laya enquired on.

"Keise nahi janti mein! Meine hi toh Malkin ko khilaya, pilaya, sikhaya. Yahan tak ki inke liye churaya bhi. Hai na Malkin?" I wriggled my brows.

"Bas Pati babu! Ap baki sab ko ulloo bana sakte hai lekin mujhe nahi! Yeh batayiye, ap yahan kya kar rahe hai?" she exploded.

"Pati babu?" Laya murmured to herself.

Taking a look around the room, Rudhira and even her mother have narrowed brows and squinted eyes at Bondita's addressal to me.

"Mein kyun bataun tumhe?" I changed into my usual voice, earning astonished gasps from everyone.

"Ap kyun nahi batayenge mujhe?" she crossed her arms and challenged.

"Tumne mujhse kehkar ghar choda? Tum mujhse kehkar yahan aayi? Agar tum bina bataye itna sab kuch kar sakti hai toh mein kyun nahi?" I too crossed my arms, challenging her equally.

A few minutes passed wherein we just glared daggers at each other standing in the middle of the room. The silence was eventually cut off by Laya's interruption.

"Yeh toh sach mein Dada hai" It was more of a statement to herself.

"Ek minute..." Rudhira showed both her hands and examined me closely.

Then her head snapped to my side. Oh-oh, not fair!

"Agar ap Anirudh Dada hai toh..." she trailed off, her eyes widening more at every passing second "Batuk?"

Her eyes wandered up and down his figure – um, his figure draped in an Orange Saree actually. They lingered a bit more on the wig and the accessories and then, her lips quirked up in a bright smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

Behind me, Batuk groaned in obvious frustration. When I first announced my plan among us, he objected so strongly that I almost felt he would reject the offer. However, he obliged at one condition – the others shouldn't know that it was him. He propelled me to lie to them that it was some other woman I brought with me for the mission. Anyway, his plans got completely shattered when his wife identified her husband. Can't mistake a wife's intuitions, can we? Turning to his mother-in-law, he smiled sheepishly and folded his hands.

"Pranam, Sasu Maa"

"Jamai babu?" Mrs Chakraborty muttered to herself in disbelief, examining her son-in-law with terrified confusion.

"Ruko! Agar ap donon yahan hai toh..." Laya's eyes widened in horror "Somnath babu kahan hai?"

"Dariye mat Laya boudi" Batuk's reply was laced with discontentment "Apke Pati dev ne seedha mana kiya bhes badalne keliye. Isiliye bahar gaadi mein beidhe hai woh"

The former gave out a relived sigh, obviously satisfied with her husband's decision.

"Suno! Hum baki baatein baad mein karenge, humein chalna chahiye. Humare log zyada der tak Indrajit babu ko vyast nahi rakh sakte" I reminded.

"Haan" Rudhira's mother replied "Nikal jao tum sab. Iss se pehle Rudhira ke Baba tum sab ko dekhe, chale jao yahan se"

"Nahi Kaki" I shook my head "Bhale hi mein iss yojana ka hissa nahi hoon" I gave a pointed look to Bondita whose eyes casted down immediately "Mein yahan sirf in logon ko hi nahi balki apko bhi bachane aaya hoon" I reassured her.

"Nahi" she shook her head in discomfort and muttered something under her breath "Mein apne Pati ko chodkar nahi aa sakti beta. Tum sabne mere liye itna sab kuch kiya, iske liye mein zindagi bhar tum sabhi ka abhaari hoon. Lekin mein apni Patnidharam nahi chod sakti"

What the hell? Patnidharam, my foot!

"Dekhiye, iss samaj ki zanjeeron se apne apko-"

"Dada, thodi jagah do na" Batuk interrupted my speech before it can escalate.

I gave him an annoyed look but he ignored me completely. Upon reaching his Sasu Maa, he smiled sweetly.

"Sasu Maa, mujhe maaf kar do"

"Kyun... Jamai babu?" she questioned in obvious confusion.

I mean, we all are confused. What is he upto?

With the smile still intact, he pounced on her with a cloth in his hand – keeping it right below her nose and closing her mouth to muffle her shrieks.

"Maa!" I heard Rudhira's squeak from behind but couldn't bring myself out of the sudden brain death I went through.

When he finished his task and laid an unconscious Mrs Chakraborty on her bed, he looked up to meet scolding eyes of her - um, his family members.

"Yeh kya kiya tumne?!" Laya was the first one to speak.

"Batuk tumhe andaza bhi hai tumne kya kiya hai? Aur yeh, yeh behoshi ki dawa kahan se mili tumhe?" Bondita joined her.

"Yahi toh apki yojana thi na Boudi?" he questioned tersely.

"Haan lekin" Bondita searched for correct words "lekin aise achanak, bina kisi sanketh ke..." she sighed in defeat.

"Batuk mein baat kar raha tha na unse? Unhe manakar bhi toh hum le ja sakte the" I pointed out.

"Dada ek toh apka bhashan lamba hoga. Humare paas itna bhi vakt nahi hai ki hum apka bhashan khatam hone tak ka intzar karein. Genghis ke – matlab, mere poojya Sasur Ji ke aane se pehle humein nikalna hai. Aur doosri baat yeh ki ap chahe jitna bhi koshish karein, Sasu Maa nahi manenge... Mein janta hoon unhe. Agar apko abhi bhi lagta hai ki meine kuch galat kiya hai toh Rudhi se puch lijiye, uski kya raay hai" he crossed his arms in confidence.

We all turned to Rudhira for her opinion. She just stared at Batuk impassively and then at her unconscious mother. With a curt nod, she replied in affirmative. Without another word, we decided to escape from Indrajit babu's fort. Upon inspection, we spotted a bamboo basket big enough to carry our fainted relative into freedom. Batuk, Laya and Rudhira together placed her inside it comfortably while Bondita and I guarded the entrance. She was cautious enough to not utter a word to me. I too didn't give a damn. If that's how she want it, then fine! Silence, my foot!

When all roots were clear, we slowly – very slowly – sneaked our way out. I hope our people still continues to take Indrajit babu's attention all to themselves. When we reached the end of the corridor to the living room, I can see them doing a fantastic job. Jessica and Jean are happily in conversation with Indrajit babu. As I imagined, the probable heirs to Collins Enterprises faking a business interest with Chakraborty Industries went quite pleasing with the latter.

"Jessica aur Jean... yeh donon yahan kya kar rahe hai?" I heard Bondita murmur to herself and then her eyes turned in question to me.

With an accomplished smirk, my mind raced through the events of the dawn.

I sped the Motor Gaadi with anguished determination. I have to reach them before they take off. They are the only people who can help me out if I really want to do what I'm about to do. Also, I'm sure this will buy ample time for Greenwood to come back from his official circle and stop his wife from parting with him. That question she asked me that day still lingers fresh in my mind.

"Would you like it if your wife is leaving you to go back to her home, Mr RC?"

As my information goes, Greenwood hasn't been home after the hearing ended. The government is under tremendous pressure to curb the revolutionaries and suppress their violence. Being the Governor, he's working day and night to crack the new organisation that somehow manages to remain secured and give a hard time to the administration. An unknown smile appeared on my lips. That organisation sure has the British government on their toes. But their ways are quite violent, which is somehow unacceptable.

My thoughts came to a halt when I reached Culcutta port. I can see Jean at a far distance, waiting for boarding the ship. Without wasting any more time, I paced towards them.

"Mr RC? What a pleasant surprise!" Jean shook my hand happily confused "You're boarding a ship?"

"Um... No. I'm here to stop someone from boarding their ship actually" I came to the topic directly.

"And whom are you stopping, may I ask?" I heard Jessica behind me so I turned to her.

I hesitated for a moment but replied nonetheless.

"You, Mrs Greenwood"

My addressal earned a raise of eyebrow from her.

"Is something up, Mr RC?" Jean enquired tersely.

"Jean... I know Bondita is guilty of this mess partly and I'm here to redeem my wife of her mistake. Please don't take Jessica away from him"

That earned a gasp from both of them.

"I don't understand... you despise him" Jean seemed confused.

"That's what I thought... But apparently, I don't" I replied confidently.

"I'm sorry Mr RC but this is none of your business. I don't mean to be rude but you really can't have a say in this matter" Jean replied stoically.

I sighed in defeat. He's right. I'm no one to interfere. It's their personal lives. If I can't stop them, at least I can delay them. I can buy enough time for Greenwood to come back and stop them, can't I? Moreover, I need their help anyway. So I unleashed my last and final weapon.

"I need your help!" I blurted out "To free Bondita"

That indeed caught their attention as well as curiosity and concern. Hah! How's that?

"She's being held captive... by one of our relatives"

And so, here we have the Collin siblings faking a business proposition with Indrajit Chakraborty – earning us time as well as ease in moving along with our plan. With a smug shake of head in Bondita's direction, I replied.

"Baad mein bataunga, chalo"

Batuk and I held onto the basket with extreme care while holding it on our way to the kitchen – our aim the back door. Suddenly, someone came to us and that forced Bondita, Laya and Rudhira to hide themselves behind the corridor wall – leaving us brothers to the middle of the foyer that connects every room.

"Isse kahan le ja rahe hai?" The man questioned.

I recognise he's the steward of the house – Indrajit's right hand. Steward, my foot!

"Woh Malik yeh pooja aur sajawat ke phool hai. Hum ise Pooja ghar tak lekar ja rahe the" Roopa answered, both of us keeping the heavy basket down for a moment.

He didn't seem content with my answer so I felt the urge to unleash Roopa totally to annoy him away.

"Itna bhari?" he enquired.

"Arre bilkul bhari nahi hai Malik. Woh yeh meri behen Gopa!" I smacked Batuk's head to bring in the dramatic effect "Yeh ek number ki kamchor hai! Phoolon ki tokri bhi theek se nahi pakad sakti!"

Batuk glared at me through his lashes – massaging his head – which I royally ignored.

"Lekin donon kyun -"

I didn't give him the time to complete because we simply doesn't had any. So, Roopa started her work - blabbering exactly!

"Ab iski wajah se meri naukri chali jayegi. Hey Dugga Maa! Mein janti thi ki yeh ek number ki kamchor hai aur iss se kisi ko koyi fayda nahi hota! Mein janti thi ki yeh kisi kaam ka nahi ulta mera kaam bigadegi! Phir bhi meine ise apne sath kyun liya? Ab meri naukri gayi! Mere do lalla, ek lalli aur bimar Pati ko keise sambhalungi mein!"

"Devi Ji, Devi Ji, shant ho jayiye... shant ho jayiye na" the steward panicked in obvious irritation.

"Keise shant ho jaun? Meri naukri gayi hai! Ab mere do lalla, lalli aur bimar-"

"Apke do lalla, lalli aur bimar Pati ko ache se sambhaliye kyunki apki naukri nahi gayi hai" he reasoned.

"Meri naukri nahi gayi hai?" Roopa enquired with hopeful eyes.

"Nahi" he smiled weakly "Ap donon ise lekar jayiye" he dismissed us off.

Aha! Mission accomplished! Well done, Roopa!

"Dugga Maa ne bacha liya!" I faked a prayer and smacked Batuk's head again "Chal kamchor! Udha le tokri"

Batuk muttered something under his breath but was wise enough to not spill it out loud. I hope he didn't swear me. We were about to resume walking when a voice interrupted.

"Ruko!"

That's when I realized where I went wrong. Unleashing Roopa completely had its own disadvantages. It garnered unwanted attention – especially the attention of the single person we never wanted to attain. Well, damn it!

Indrajit babu looked from the basket to us alternatively. His dubious eyes seemed to linger a bit more on the basket and something like recognition flashed past his eyes. Jean and Jessica both got up terrified. If we get caught, we'll be jailed for kidnapping – since my gracious, intelligent brother actually made his Sasu Maa unconscious without her permission. How I wish to smack that head of him again!

"Yeh tokri toh uske kamre ki hai" he more like reasoned with himself.

I swallowed hard. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Bondita with folded hands, praying to her Dugga Maa. Indrajit stalked towards us like a predator and slowly pushed out his hand to open the lid of the basket. I was contemplating between various options of escape when a voice pierced through the tensed air around us.

"Mr Chakraborty!"

Every head snapped in the direction of the sound and with widened eyes and frozen limps, I took in the figure of Greenwood standing in front of the main door to the house. This is probably just a dream...

"Sir Greenwood?" Chakraborty uttered to himself in disbelief.

Quickly shaking himself out of his shocked reverie, he paced towards Greenwood in record time.

"Sir Greenwood! I'm delighted to have your acquaintance! Oh, how honoured I'm to welcome you to my humble adobe!" Indrajit started his rants.

Taking my own time to come out of my train of thoughts, I blinked at Greenwood to make him understand I'm back from my dreamland. Though he's conversing pleasantly with an excited Chakraborty, he kept on sneaking glances at me. When he realised I'm back to the present, he gave me a slight nod. For a moment, I thought I have imagined it but that was not the case because he showed his eyes at me again. I blinked once, twice and then thrice.

Now let me get this straight... Was Sir John Greenwood – the governor of Bengal Province cum my greatest enemy in existence – was HELPING ME, Anirudh Roy Chowdhary – a barrister cum revolutionary cum his greatest enemy in existence?!

I swallowed. Was this even real?

"You've been lucky enough to have the presence of my wife and brother-in-law at your house, Mr Chakraborty. Why won't I come in then?" Greenwood continued speaking but kept on giving me glances.

"Your wife?! Miss Collins never said anything!" Chakraborty exclaimed, the basket and servants long forgotten.

"It's Mrs Jessica Greenwood, Mr Chakraborty"

Greenwood gave me one final will-you-make-a-move-or-should-I-drag-you-out look and then I slapped myself to move for the escape route. With a look filled with confusion yet gratitude, Batuk and I stalked past the foyer – Bondita and gang following us closely behind. We exited through the back door and find ourselves hooked up with an impatient Som on the Motor Gaadi. Seeing us, a relieved sigh left his lips and the tension slacked from his shoulders. Keeping an unconscious Mrs Chakraborty comfortably on the back, they decided to get going.

"Nahi" I interrupted "Mujhe Greenwood se baat karna hai"

Though still in trance, I want to know why he helped us. After waiting for some minutes, we got the chance to see them again. Jean look flustered and dumfounded whereas Jessica had a sad smile on her face. Greenwood remained impassive and we stared down at each other for a long time. I willed myself to break the silence and cleared my throat.

"Mujhe nahi pata tumne aisa kyun kiya lekin..."

I took a deep breath. I can do it! It's just two words...

"Thank you"

There! That wasn't so hard, you know.

Greenwood awarded me a faint smile and nodded. He immediately tugged me for an awkward hug. Then he murmured to my ears.

"Tumne meri wife ko rokne keliye itna sab kuch kiya. Uske badle mein mujhe itna toh karna hi chahiye na, Anirudh Roy Chowdhary?"

When we pulled apart, utter astonishment lined my features. I didn't have to question loudly because he figured out my question from my eyes itself. How did he know?

"Mein tha wahan par... Haan, tumhare baad hi pahuncha isiliye khud rok nahi paya lekin dekha ki... ki mere liye mera dushman lad raha tha"

If I'm not mistaken, I think I found a very intent emotion in his eyes – something close to concern and even affection. But just as it came, it went away.

"Aur weise bhi, Sir John Greenwood ka enemy kisi aur se harega, then it would mean you're not good enough for me. I can't let that happen, can I?"

With that, I know we're back to square one. A smirk touched both our lips.

"Indeed, you cannot" I replied "You sure you can fight your battle alone? We can help, you know. Weise bhi, jo kuch bhi hua, usmein kahi na kahi Bondita ki galti bhi hai. Hai na, Bondita?"

I turned to look at her but then stopped abruptly. You may ask why. Because I didn't see her. I saw Laya, Som, Rudhira, Batuk, Jean, Jessica, Greenwood – hell even an unconscious Mrs Chakraborty – but not. my. Bondita!

"Bondita kahan hai?" I enquired loud enough.

Everybody seemed searching for her right then. A fear gripped me ruthlessly. What if she's still inside? No, please! I was about to run inside to Chakraborty's fort when Rudhira interrupted. She hesitated for long so I cleared my throat and put on a stern face.

"Bolo Rudhira... Kuch kehna hai tumhe?"

"Dada..." she fidgeted and sighed.

"Bondita kahan hai?" I repeated.

Wordlessly, she handed me a piece of paper and I took it up confused. What's with the paper?

"Bondita didi... chali gayi" she said warily.

"Kahan?" I asked breathlessly.

"Krishna Nagar"

-------------------------------------

Yohoo, and update!

So, you all ready to welcome back SAK?! ;-)

Regarding the character interview, I thought to do Kaka and Baba's together so that it won't be time consuming. I got very few responses so I'm giving a chance again. Come on, it would be fun! Ans yes, you can ask more than one question. Don't hesitate Jaanus! Pour in your questions for Kaka and Baba here!!!

Yes, I'm back from my vacation and it was a complete disaster! I got tanned and looks like sh-t rn [sorry for the language, but I really do look so] :-(  Anyways, I hope you all are doing fine...

Idk why the comments are low nowadays, I mean, the participation... Is AALFR getting uninteresting, Jaanus?

Today's GG question :-

1. What do you think is Bondita upto? Who is the person whom she's going to get help from?

Let you imaginations run wild... Don't hesitate and yes, no ''you're the writer, go for it'' things either [that's a foul, people]. Just say something, anything. Let's get together!!!

I Rakshas babu ki badmash Bondita You

Z,

MS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 2.1K 46
Alert!!! This book was taken down due to some personal issues and is re-uploaded because many of followers loved it. The writing in it is very cring...
190K 10.1K 55
[ COMPLETED ] The story is about the bond between Bondita and Anirudh....the bond which is unbreakable....the bond which is the true example of love...
39.9K 1.9K 15
Bondita Roy Chaudhary is on the path to become a barrister, just like her "Pati Babu". She is going to take the very first step of their dream by joi...
90.3K 9.7K 110
When Anirudh Roy Chowdhary, a twenty-one year old barrister, who is the eldest son of a rich family of landlords, returned to India abruptly after co...