SoulMates

Od Anushkan1

She loves him. He loves her. But will they have a happily ever after. Read to know more VĂ­ce

SoulMates đŸ„ș❀

1K 65 147
Od Anushkan1

MAJOR WARNING: THIS STORY HAS A SAD ENDING. SO READ IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Also the ending might look unrealistic. But it is how it is.

##############

Abhi looks out of his car window enjoying the view of the evening sky. He was coming to India after almost 2 years. Suddenly the driver stops the car.

"Why did you stop the car?" Abhi asks politely.

"Sir, a girl came in front of our car. Now she is shouting. "

"OHH. DID OUR CAR HIT HER??"

"No Sir."

"Okay let me go and handle this."

Abhi comes out the car and sees a girl shouting at the top of her voice.

"Are you blind. How dare you hit my CAR".

"My car didn't hit yours. Stop shouting and leave my way. I have to go"

"Then where did this scratch on my car come from."

"I don't know. But it isn't because of my car. Now just go and let my car go"

"Oh hello mister, I am not letting you go until you pay me."

"Are you MAD. I am not going to pay you."

"Let me call the police then"

"Stop it Bulbul", another girl shouts who comes running seeing Abhi and Bulbul fighting.

"I am sorry for her behavior. There is a misunderstanding. Please forgive her. You can go",

"Shut up di. He is the one who did it." "You shut up and come with me"

The girl just smiles at Abhi and drags Bulbul with her.

'Beautiful and Mature' thought Abhi as he looks at their car going.

###########

The next day, Abhi goes to his father's office. A girl comes running and collides with him. "Sorry Sorry, I am in hurry.", says the girl . Abhi looks at her only to find out that she was the same girl who had saved him from the crazy girl a day before.

The girl rushes from there. Abhi smiles and moves to his Dad's cabin. "Good morning dad"

"Good morning my son. Today is your first day at the office. I have talked to the head of training department, she has hired an assistant for you. She will help you. " "Okay Dad"

Abhi was sitting in his cabin when a girl knocks at the door. "May I come in Sir" Asks the girl politely.

"Yeah come in" Abhi looks up only to find the same girl who had bumped into him in the Morning. "You!!!! Here" Abhi asks surprised. "Sir I am hired as your assistant"

"Hmm. Interesting. So what's your name Miss Beautiful. "

"Pragya!! Pragya Arora. I am Pragya Arora"

"Hey Pragya relax. Why are you so nervous", Abhi asks with a smile.

" I am sorry for my sister's behavior yesterday. She is so stupid. She doesn't even know what she needs to speak and what she should not. I am sorry"

"Miss Pragya Arora. Have this water .And take a deep breath. It's okay. It was a misunderstanding. I forgive your sister"

Pragya sighs and whispers 'Thank you god for saving my job'

Her whisper was loud enough to be heard by Abhi. Abhi chuckles loudly. And Pragya gets embarrassed yet again.

"Lets Start the work miss Beautiful". Pragya nods and starts telling him about the work.

That evening Pragya was waiting for Bulbul to pick her up from the office but it starts raining. Pragya runs back into the building, waiting for Bulbul.

It was already an hour and there was no sign of Bulbul. Pragya irately calls her. " Oyye Bulbul, Where are you. I am waiting since an hour." "Sorry di, it's raining heavily, so I can't come now. I will come as soon as the rain stops" "Oh okay. No need of coming choti. I will come with Auto"

"No di. I will.... " Before Bulbul could argue Pragya interrupts "It's okay choti. I will come. Don't argue" "Okay di "

Pragya sits there waiting for the rain to stop.

"Hey miss Beautiful. Ghar nahi jana kya? ", asks Abhi seeing Pragya sitting.

" It's raining. Bulbul can't come now. So I am waiting for the rain to stop."

"Come with me. Let me give you a lift."

"No. You don't have to. I guess the rain is going to stop"

"Miss beautiful, you are wrong at guessing. According to the weather report, its going to rain for two more hours."

"Still you don't have to give me lift. I will go after the rain stops."

"Oyye Chashmish, Don't waste my time. Come with me. See you are still in office and I am the boss. Its an order."

Pragya half- heartedly gives in and goes with him. Abhi brings the car on the gate for Pragya.

Pragya sits on the seat next to Abhi. "You will drive?" asks Pragya seeing him drive

"No No. Your sister Bulbul will drive" replies an irritated Abhi. Pragya smiles hearing that.

Abhi reaches Pragya's house. "Thank you for the lift. Bye" says Pragya and walks into her house.

##########

"How was your first day at office Abhi?" asks Ragini, Abhi's mother as she walks in Abhi's room.

"Very nice Maa. My assistant helped me a lot. "

"What's your assistant's name?" " Pragya Arora"

"Oh Pragya!! . She is a very nice girl. She was your dad's assistant earlier. And now she assists you."

"You too know her maa. Wow, that's nice" Abhi replies smiling as he thought of Chashmish.

"I wanted your elder brother Sid to marry her. But then I came to know that Sid loves your SIL Roshni already." Abhi frowns at this new piece of information.

'Sid bhaiya and Chasmish. No NO that's a bad idea.' thinks Abhi.

"No mom, they would not have looked good together. Thank god Sid bro married Roshni di."

"What do you mean when you say they wouldn't have looked good together. You are questioning your mom's choice"

"No maa, I am not doubting your choice. But Pragya deserves a more handsome life partner. "

Ragini rolls her eyes. And then they talked for some more time.

#########

AT PRAGYA'S HOUSE

"Maa , do you even have an idea, who my boss is?" , asks Pragya to Sushma, her mother.

"Who??"

" Abhishek MEHRA, the same guy with whom Bulbul fought yesterday.". Bulbul glares at Pragya.

"This bulbul still behaves like a kid. Hope he didn't shout at you"

"No maa. He is A very sweet guy. He even dropped me home."

"Ahh, that's nice."

########

AFTER A MONTH

Abhi smiles as he thought of Pragya. She was just so sweet. He had a bad headache in the morning and she had prepared a tasty coffee for him. Also she had forced him to take medicines.
'Chashmish is so caring' thinks Abhi with a smile.

Purab, Abhi's friend enters the cabin and sees Abhi smiling.

"Oyye Abhi, why are you smiling, tell me"

"No bro. Nothing. I am smiling just like that. I suddenly got reminded of a joke. And the joke made me smile. "

"Arrey wah!! What's the joke. Tell me too. Even I want to smile and laugh"

'How do I tell him that I was smiling thinking of Chashmish'

"Purab, I forgot the joke. Don't disturb me, I have a lot of work to do. Go from here."

"Sab pata hai mujhe. Apni assistant ke baare mein sochke smile kar raha hai na", replies Purab in a teasing tone.
(I know everything. You are smiling because of your assistant's thoughts)

" Ae Purab. Just shut up. Why will I smile because of that chashmish. "

"Ohho Abhi. What a progress, you have given her a nickname too. Wow. "

"I have not given any nickname and all. She wears glasses so I call her chashmish. That's it"

"Oh accha. If that is the case, then I think even I can call her chashmish isn't it? ", Purab says who was in full mood of teasing Abhi.

" Why do you have to call her chashmish. She is my chashmish. I mean she is my assistant and so only I can call her chashmish. Now you go and do some work. Always doing timepass. Go from here"

"Abhi beta, you cannot hide anything from me. I will soon find out what's going on" Says Purab and runs out of Abhi's cabin.

After some time, Abhi decides to go out for a walk. When he passes through the canteen, he sees Pragya sitting alone and having lunch, while the other staff sat in pairs. Abhi walks to Pragya and sits on a chair beside hers.

"Why are you sitting alone? " Asks Abhi softly.

"My friend Disha is on leave today and so I am sitting alone. "

"You don't have other friends? "

"I have but I always have lunch with Disha. "

"Missing her?" Asks Abhi seeing her sad.
Pragya nods. "She is never on leave. Today I am missing her."

"Hey Chashmish, don't be sad. I will eat with you"

"No Sir, no need of that. I am fine alone"

"Who is the boss?? "

"You"

"Then follow my orders. Aaj hum sath mein lunch karenge. Okay?? "

"Okay", Pragya says with a smile.

" Lets go to my fav restaurant. " Says Abhi excitedly.

"Why do we have to go to restaurant. We can eat here itself"

"Arrey Pragya. Please na let's go there. The food is amazing."

"We can eat here only"

"Who is the boss? "

"You" Pragya replies rolling her eyes.

Soon after that Abhi and Pragya reached his favorite restaurant. They chatted with each other and had lunch. After that they drove back to office. And the day passed just like that.

At night
Pragya smiles as she thought of their lunch together. She had always liked Abhi. He was so polite and a well behaved man. He used to treat her like a friend and never like an assistant. He was just so good.
Bulbul enters the room and finds Pragya smiling.
"What happened di? Why are you smiling. Did someone propose you?"

"Just shut up Bulbul. No one proposed me. "

"Then whats the reason of this big smile on your face. In the morning you were so sad because Disha was on leave and now you are smiling like a mad girl"

"Umm. I and Abhi went on lunch today"

"What!!!!!! Really!!!! "

"Yeah. He saw that I am sad and he took me to his favorite restaurant for lunch. "

"Wow di. I think he likes you"

"Stop using your lil brain in all this. I am just his assistant and he is my boss. That's it. Nothing more than that. "

"Who knows. You might fall in love like serials."

"Don't irritate me Bulz. Go and sleep. "

"Okay good night. Dream about Abhi"

Before Pragya could hit her Bulbul runs out of the room. Pragya starts smiling again as she thought of bulbul's words.

-----------------
Days rolled on and Abhi and Pragya became close friends. Abhi loved Pragya's company and Pragya too started feeling comfortable with him.

One Such Day....
Abhi looks at the time in his watch. Pragya was already an hour late. Abhi decides to call her and then realizes that he didn't have her number. He sits down and decides to wait. Pragya came after an hour.
Pragya enters the cabin with a sad face. Abhi looks at her. He sees her sad face.
"What happened Pragya?? Everything alright?? "

Getting no reply from her, Abhi looks at her again only to find her crying.
"Pragya!! What happened. Why are you crying"

Pragya still doesn't reply and starts crying even more loudly.
Abhi panicked seeing her crying. He moves close to her and holds her hand.

"Pragya look at me. Tell me what happened. "

"Abhi..... Mom is admitted in hospital. I don't know what to do."

"Pragya!! Calm down. Aunty will be fine. Don't worry. And why are you here. You should be at at hospital right. "

"I came here for applying for leave and making the medical claims for my mom"

Pragya replies still sobbing.
"Oh did you do it then?? "

"Yeah. I saw you and I just couldn't go without meeting you"

"Pragya, please don't cry. Please."

Pragya nods. Abhi comes forward and softly hugs her. Pragya stiffens at first and then she hugs him back.

"Pragya. Don't worry. Aunty will be fine. And she will shout at me if you cry. Smile now"

Pragya gives him a small smile.

"Should I drop you? "

"No need for that. I came with my car. I will go"

"Take care Pragya. "
Pragys nods and leaves.
----------------
In the evening
Pragya was sitting with her mother and feeding her apples. She then hears a knock at the door and turns to find Abhi standing there with a bouquet in his hands.
"Can I come in" Abhi asks in his usual polite tone.

"Yes Abhi. Come inside."

Abhi walks near Sushma's bed and gives her the bouquet.
"Mumma, he is Abhi, my boss "

Abhi glares at Pragya.
"And he is my good friend too"

"Hello Aunty. How are you feeling now?"

"I am fine now. Thanks for coming"

"Now please don't thank me. Pragya is my friend, and she was so sad in the morning. I just couldn't stop myself from coming here. "

A nurse comes in and asks Abhi and Pragya to wait outside as she had to give Sushma her medicines.

Abhi and Pragya come out of the room.
"Pragya let's go to the garden, you will feel better"

Pragya nods and both of them come out. They sit on a bench.

"Thank you for coming Abhi. "

"Don't behave so formal Pragya. You know we are friends. "

"Yesss" Pragya says with a smile.

"What has exactly happened to her? "

"She suffered a minor heart attack"

"Ohh. She will be fine soon. "

"Hope so"

"How long does Aunty have to stay here? "

" The doctor said that she needs to be here for a week. "

"Ohh. So you are on a week's leave? "

"Yeah!! "

"Oh okay. I think I must go"

Abhi gets up saying this. Pragya holds his hand.
"Stay for some more time please.", Pragya says pleading through her eyes.
Abhi nods and sits besides her. Pragya starts narrating all the things that happened in the morning. Abhi silently listened to her consoling her in between. After sometime, Abhi gets a call from his mom.

"Pragya, I need to go", Abhi says in a soft tone. Pragya nods and follows him to his car. Abhi opens the back door of his car in order to sit. He turns back to find Pragya looking at him. He gives his best smile. In return Pragya comes forward and hugs him. " Thank you for coming Abhi. It means a lot"
"Stop thanking me Pragya. Who is the boss? "

"You" Pragya replies irritated.

"Then it's my order. Don't thank me"

Pragya smiles hearing that.
And then Abhi leaves from there waving a good bye to Pragya.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

After that day, Abhi used to visit Pragya's mom in the hospital daily. Pragya's liking for Abhi started increasing day by day.
Finally, Sushma was discharged from hospital and Pragya decided to join the office again.

At the office
Pragya walks into the office. Just before she was about to step into Abhi's cabin, she hears Abhi shouting at the staff members. She decides to wait outside. After almost 15 minutes, the staff members come out with sad faces. Pragya stops Disha, who was coming out of Abhi's cabin.
"Hey Disha, what happened? Why did Abhi, I mean Abhi sir shout at everyone? "

"He is behaving cranky since a week. He shouts for even the small issues. We are getting habituated, you too make a habit. ", says Disha and moves from there.

Pragya gets into the cabin and sees Abhi looking out of his office window.

" Abhi" Pragya softly says.
Abhi doesn't reply and continues to look outside. Pragya goes near him and taps on his shoulder. Abhi turns back and starts smiling seeing Pragya.

"PRAGYAAAA!!! you are back", says Abhi excitedly. Pragya nods.

" I am so happy Pragya."

"Why were you shouting at Everyone in the office? "

"I.... Them.... They...... They were not working properly, that's why"

"And I know that's not the whole truth. You never shout at the staff. But you have been behaving cranky since a week. Tell me what happened"

"I was missing you Pragya. I didn't like it when others were doing your work. ", Abhi replies honestly.
Pragya smiles hearing that.

" Hmmm. But still you shouldn't shout at them. They were doing there work "

"Now you are back. So I will not shout at them" Replies Abhi smiling.

At night.
Abhi was lying on his bed as he thought of Pragya.
'Pragya Pragya what have you done to me. When I close my eyes, your smiling face comes to my mind. When I open my eyes, I want to see you in front of my eyes. When I am in a bad mood, I want you to cheer me up. When I am in a happy mood, I feel like sharing my happiness with you. In short I want you by my side all the time. I don't know how to name these feelings. All I know is that I really like you and Adore you. "
Abhi smiles thinking of all their moments together and eventually drifted to sleep.

Few days later
Abhi was waiting for Pragya. He tried calling her but she didn't answer his calls. Abhi calls Disha to his cabin.

"Disha, where is Pragya?

"She didn't tell you? ", replies Disha
" Tell me about what?? "

" Sir, today Pragya is on leave as a guy's family is coming to see her for marriage"

"Oh okay. You can leave"

Disha nods and leaves from there.
Abhi suddenly feels a thumping fear in his heart. What if Pragya's parents fix her marriage. That means she will go away. She will be someone else's wife. But since the day Ragini had told him that she wanted Pragya as her daughter in law, a part of Abhi had always believed that they will marry in the future. 'No I can't let this happen, I can't let anyone else marry MY PRAGYA ' , thinks Abhi.

In the Evening, Abhi calls Pragya.

"Hello Pragya, why didn't you come to office today? "

"Abhi, actually a guy's family had come to see me for the marriage proposal"

"What happened then. Did they like you? " 😕

"They liked me. But I didn't like the boy. So I said no"

"Oh okay. I will call you later I have some work" Saying this Abhi cuts the call and starts dancing in happiness.

"Yess yess yess. Thank you God for making Chashmish say no to that boy's family. "

"Why are you feeling happy, if the girl said no? " Came Ragini's voice as she saw Abhi dancing.
Abhi suddenly stops dancing and looks at her with a scared face.

"Woh mom.... That... I... That.... "

"Tell me Abhi. Do you like Pragya? "

"Yess mom. I really like her a lot. "

"Do you want to marry her? "

"Mom... "

"Yes or No"

"Yes mom. I want to marry her"

"Okay then. Be ready tomorrow. We are going to her house with a marriage proposal"

Abhi quickly hugs his mother.
"Thank you. Thank you so much maa. I love you "

Ragini smiles and hugs her son.
"I have to talk to your dad about it. But I am sure he will also agree"

Ragini told Neil about Abhi's liking for Pragya and he was also happy about it. Soon after that they called Pragya's parents to inform them about their arrival.

Abhi was doing something on laptop, when Sid walks in. He lightly hits Abhi on the back of his head. Abhi frowns and looks at Sid.
"Why did you hit me dumbo? "

"Because you deserve being beaten"

"Why what did I do" Asks Abhi placing his laptop besides him.

"Why didn't you tell me about Pragya. When I was in love with Roshni, I used to give you daily updates on our relationship. And you didn't even bother to share with me. "

"Bhai even I realized my feelings for Pragya today only. When Disha told me that Chashmish is going to get married. I felt as if I am going to lose a part of myself, if she goes away from me. "

"Hmm. Interesting. Then what about the marriage proposal that Your Chashmish got today? "

"She said no" Abhi replies with a proud smile.

"What if she says no to your proposal too? "

Abhi's smile drops hearing this.
Sid continues "Abhi if she can say no to that guy, she can say no to you too. You never know. What if she likes someone else. Think about it. "

Saying this Sid moves out leaving a confused Abhi behind. The whole night Abhi spent thinking about Pragya's reaction to the marriage proposal.

Next day at Pragya's house
Abhi and his family were welcomed by the Aroras. Abhi and Pragya's parents were busy talking while Abhi was sitting their restless.
After sometime, Pragya came there and started talking with everyone. Ragini suggested that Abhi and Pragya must talk to each other.
Pragya takes Abhi to her room and both of them get seated facing each other. They talked about few normal things.

"You really want to marry me Abhi? "

Pragya finally asks looking into his eyes . She was shocked when her mother had informed that Abhi wants to marry her.

Abhi gets up and seeing him getting up, pragya too stands. Abhi holds Pragya's hands.

"When I had first seen you, I found you beautiful and mature. Since the first day, I had a crush on you. Your small gestures to make me feel good, when I am stressed make me happy. I feel lost when you are not around. I feel angry when I see others trying to take your place. That day when you had cried because of your mom, I felt my heart break seeing you sad. When you did not come to office for a week, I felt as if I have no reason to come to office. There were others who assisted me, but I wanted you. When Disha told me that you are going to marry someone else, I felt like I am losing one of my reasons to live. If this is not love, then I don't know what is. " Saying this Abhi goes on his knees and holds Pragya's hand.

"This dumbo Abhi of yours is madly and deeply in love with you and he cannot Imagine a life without his lifeline, his Pragya, his Chasmish. I love you Pragya. I love you so much. Will you marry me please? " Abhi asks with tears.

Pragya nods with her eyes full of tears. 🥺🥺 She maks Abhi stand.
"I love too, I love you so much. Mr Abhishek Prem Mehra, get ready to bear me for your whole life. I will stick to you like a shadow. I love you, I love you. I love you"

Abhi and Pragya hug each other tightly, smiling and crying at the same time.
After sometime , both of them come out of the room holding hands. Their family look at them and Abhi and Pragya nod indicating their YES for the marriage. Both the families, start congratulating each other and Abhigya look at each other with happiness.

Soon after that, the marriage preparations were done and Abhigya married each other in a grand function.

Wedding Night 🙈🙈
Abhi walks into his room and sees Pragya sitting on the bed with her head veiled. He walks to her and sits in front of her.
"Pragya, you might be uncomfortable. I suggest you to go and change. "
But Pragya doesn't move. Seeing no movement, Abhi repeats whatever he said. Still Pragya doesn't move.
"PRAGYA!!! Are you sleeping?? " Abhi asks horrified at the thought of Pragya sleeping on their wedding night.

"Lift the veil you dumbo!!! " Comes an angry reply from Pragya.

"Thank God. You are not sleeping. You scared me. You can lift the veil yourself. Why were you waiting for me. ", Abhi replies chuckling.

"Lift the veil or get ready to sleep on sofa today"

Abhi quickly removes the veil from Pragya's face and sees her glaring at him.

"Stop giving me this look. It's my first wedding, so I don't know the rituals. "

"Oh yeah. Correct. It's my third wedding na. So I know everything. ", Pragya replies with a sarcastic smile.

" I know it's your first wedding just like me. Why are you cracking silly jokes"

"You know what you are the most irritating man on earth. I regret marrying you. Now just let me go and change. ", saying this Pragya pushed Abhi on bed and went from there to change.

An irritated Pragya comes out of the wardrobe and sees Abhi waiting for her on the bed. He had already changed into his night clothes. Suddenly Pragya started feeling nervous.
She nervously moves to the bed and sits beside Abhi. Abhi could easily read the nervousness written on her face.

"Pragya relax. You don't have to be nervous. If you are not comfortable, we will not do anything. Let's take it slow. "

Pragya nods and both of them lie down on the bed. Pragya rolls to Abhi's side and hugs him placing her head on his chest. Abhi placed a soft kiss on her forehead. And hugs her tightly.
"I am very happy today. It feels like a dream. "

"Even I am super happy Pragya. Now you are all mine. "

"Now don't you dare flirt with other girls in the office. Now I can officially punch you "

Abhi chuckles hearing that and kisses her forehead again.
"I love you Pragya. I love you so much. "
"I love you too Abhi. "

Abhi looks at Pragya with eyes full of love. Pragya who couldn't resist his gaze leans up and takes his lips in hers. They start kissing each other slowly pouring out their love for each other. The kiss became passionate and they started kissing hungrily. They part from the kiss breathless. They look at each other with passion filled eyes.

"Do you still want to wait Pragya? " Abhi asks.

"Make me yours Abhi. " Replies Pragya.

Abhi leans down and kisses her again. Soon clothes found their way and Abhigya became one in every sense.

Next morning
Abhi was the first one to wake up and he sees his love of life sleeping peacefully besides him. He hugs her tightly placing his head in the crook of her neck and places a soft kiss there. Pragya opens her eyes feeling him kiss.
"Good morning wifey"
"Good morning Abhi"
Pragya gives him a deep kiss on his cheeks and hugs him.
"What's the time by the way"
"It's 8 baby. "
Abhi was about to kiss her when Pragya pushes him.
"I must go and take a shower Abhi. It's my first day here. Everything must be perfect. Isn't it?? "
Abhi kisses her Nosetip and nods.
"Okay kiss me and go. "
Pragya pecks on his cheeks and runs out of the bed.
+++++++++++
Abhi and Pragya go to Paris for a small trip soon after their marriage.
Pragya excitedly runs to the garden of the villa that they were staying in, in Paris. She sees Abhi waiting for her.
Pragya starts frowning after seeing him sitting on a bicycle. She looks around and then glares at Abhi.
"Mr. Mehra, you told me we are going to ride bicycle 🚲"

"Yes of course Fuggi. See I am ready with my cycle already. "

"If you wanted to go alone, why did you call me even. "

"Who said I am going alone?? You are also coming with me. "

"Ohh yeah. You are going to sit on the cycle and I am going to run behind you", comes a sarcastic reply from Pragya. She rolls her eyes.

" Come here. "
Pragya walks towards him with a glare.
Abhi makes Pragya sit on the front crossbar handle of the cycle.
Pragya blushes realizing that they were going to sit together on the bicycle.
Abhi starts pedaling the cycle, placing soft kisses on her neck in between, making her hormones go haywire.
"Pragya, don't you think I am working hard in riding this bicycle. "

"Abhi, I know I am quite lightweight. So stop being indirect. Tell me what you want"

"I want a reward for planning all this. You can think what it is. "

"Okay Abhi. Let me reward you. ", saying this Pragya gave him a deep kiss on his cheek. Abhi was shocked at the sudden kiss. He had not expected that she would give in so easily.

Abhi takes a U-turn for his villa.
" Why are we going back to the villa Abhi?? "

"Because Mrs. Mehra is in romantic mood and I can't afford to miss on that. "

Pragya chuckles hearing that. Abhi securely wraps a hand around her waist , hugging her and balancing the cycle with the other hand. Soon after that, they reached the villa and made the good use of their time. (Youknowifyouknow )
--------------------

Abhi and Pragya were very happy and madly in love with each other. Life was truly blissful for both of them. They spent most of the time together as Pragya assisted Abhi even after marriage. Though he requested her to take up another post but she was adamant on being Abhi's assistant.

One such day....
"Pragya is it necessary to go??? " Abhi asks Pragya following her around the room as she packed her clothes.

"Stop following me like a baby. Go and sit there on the bed. "

"No I will not sit until you give me proper reasons"

"Abhi, stop behaving like a kid. You know it's been 2 years since we are married, and I have not even stayed at my parent's house for a week since 2 years. Everytime I plan about going there, you stop me with lame excuses. This time I am not going to stop. I am going there for 2 weeks and it's final. "

"But Pragya, you know how lonely I feel when you go there. Whenever I don't see you around, I feel lost. "

"Even my family misses me Abhi. It's just a matter of two weeks. You can go on road trip with your friends in the mean time. "

"Okay then you can go for a week. "

"I am not gonna come back before two weeks and that's final. "

Abhi angrily moves out of the room. After Pragya finished packing, she lies down on the bed for sleeping.
Abhi returns after almost an hour and lies down beside Pragya. He hugs her tightly from behind. Pragya turns towards him and hugs him placing her head on his chest. Abhi kisses her on the forehead.
"Still Angry?? ", Pragya asks her baby husband
Abhi shakes his head in negative, but doesn't reply.

" What happened Abhi? It's just a matter of 2 weeks. If you will be sad, then how will I go?? "

"I am going to miss you Pragya. ", replies Abhi in a cracking voice.
Hearing the sadness in his voice, Pragya looks up and finds Abhi looking at her with teary eyes.

" Aww Abhi. Stop crying love. Please don't love me so much. This intensity of your love scares me Abhi. What will you do if something happens to me. "

"Nothing will happen to you. Shut up. Don't speak nonsense. You will never leave me and I know that. Promise me, that we will always be together, promise me that you will never leave me alone. "

"I promise you Abhi. I will always be with you and will never leave you. "
Pragya kissed him and he kissed her back with equal passion and that night turned out to be another beautiful night for both of them.

&&&&&&&&&

It was already one week since Pragya had gone to her parent's house and Abhi was feeling miserable. He missed her badly.
He was sitting in his garden looking up at the sky. It suddenly started raining but Abhi didn't get up and remained sitting there. He closed his eyes feeling those water droplets on his face. He felt some warmth near him and he opens his eyes, only to find the love of his life, Pragya standing there, covering both of their heads with a jacket.
"Let's go inside Abhi. It's raining"

"Pragya you here"

"Yeah I will tell you everything inside. Come let's go in"

Abhi took the jacket from Pragya's hand and kept it in side.

"Not going inside without a dance Mrs Mehra. "

"Whattt?? You want to dance. That too in the rain" Pragya asks shocked.

"Yess. Can I dance with my wife please. "
Pragya nods with a smile and he holds her hand and twirls her.
He then hugs her from back and places a soft kiss on her shoulder and softly dances with her.
Pragya started breathing heavily feeling the proximity and closed her eyes. He then turns her towards himself and gently holds her hand and kisses the back of her hand. His hands move up from her palms to her shoulder and he cups her face.
Abhi gives a deep yet soft kiss on her forehead followed by a kiss on either cheek. Abhi then kisses both her eyes and then her nosetip.
Pragya opens her eyes and finds him waiting for permission. She smiles and moves her head in NO.
Abhi frowns seeing her saying NO. Realizing that maybe she doesn't want it, Abhi turns to move inside the house but Pragya holds his hand and turns him towards herself. She leans up and kisses him on his lips passionately. He kisses her back with equal passion.
After parting from the kiss, Pragya hugs him tightly. Abhi lifts Pragya in his arms and moves inside the house.

After sometime Abhigya were laying on their bed hugging each other.
Abhi inhales Pragya's scent and hugs her tightly.
"So madam, you were going to stay at your parents house for 2 weeks. Isn't it? "

"Yeah. But I was missing you so much. I couldn't stay away, so I came back"

"This is the second best thing you have done in life. "

"And what's the first thing? "

"Marrying me of course"

They spent most part of the night talking and eventually drifted to sleep hugging each other.

/////////////////

After few months

Pragya smiles looking at the file in her hands. Abhi and Pragya had decided to plan a baby after 3 years of their marriage. And it was their third anniversary the next day.
'Abhi!!! I am so happy today. I am going to give you the biggest happiness of your life tomorrow. Junior Rockstar is coming soon'. Thinks Pragya with a wide smile. She was unwell since the last few days and so she visited the doctor, and she got the second biggest happiness of life, first was obviously getting Abhi.

Next Day at 12 a. m.
Pragya opens her eyes feeling Abhi kissing her cheeks. She smiles at him.
"Happy Anniversary Jaan", Abhi says with a smile.
"Happy Anniversary Abhu"
Pragya hugs him tight and pecks a kiss on his lips.
"Hey Fuggi, let's cut the cake"
Abhi and Pragya move towards the beautifully decorated set up. They cut the cake and feed each other.
"GIFT TIMEEEEE" Abhi says excitedly.
"You give me the gift first, then I will give you mine. " Pragya replies grinning.
Abhi gives a box to Pragya. She opens it and finds a beautiful Platinum bracelet with Abhigya engraved on it. He takes it and makes Pragya wear the bracelet on her hand.
"My turn"
Pragya hands a wrapped box to Abhi.
Abhi excitedly opens it. Abhi frowns seeing the gift.
"What is this Pragya? " Abhi asks frowning looking at baby shoes in the box.
Pragya looks at him with the expectation that Abhi will understand.
"Pragya!!! These shoes are too small for me. They won't fit me. Why did you bring the wrong size. "

Pragya smacks her head hearing Abhi and irately goes and sits on the bed.
"I expected a better gift Pragya. These shoes are of no use to me. "
Pragya was even more irritated hearing this.
"What sins did I do God. My husband has no brain"
Abhi frowns hearing that.
"On the first place, you brought the wrong gift for me and now you are questioning my brain"

"You know what Abhi. Just go and sleep. We will talk later. ", saying this Pragya turns to switch off the lights when she hears Abhi saying,
" I wish it's a girl Pragya. My little Fuggi"
Pragya looks at him surprised.
"You understood? " Pragya asks shocked

"I am not as dumb as you feel. " Abhi replies with a smile
" I am so happy Pragya. " Abhi tells Pragya with tears in his eyes 🥺
Pragya quickly moves towards him and they hug each other. Abhi softly kisses her forehead and hugs her again.
"This is the best gift of my life Pragya. Thank you so much. Now I will be a dad, you will be a mom. Then we will plan another baby and will become parents again"
Pragya hits him on his shoulder hearing the last sentence.
"Let this little one come outside. Then you can plan more. " Pragya replies with a smile.
"Does anyone in the family know about this??? "

"No Abhi. I wanted you to know it first. "

"Let's inform everyone then. "

"They might be sleeping Abhi. "

"They always wish us on anniversary at 12:30. So they might be awake. Come let's tell everyone "

Abhi and Pragya informed everyone and the whole family was jumping in happiness and excitement.

NEXT DAY
Pragya tries calling Abhi, who was missing since the morning.
She sees Abhi entering the house with lots of shopping bags in his hands.

He enters the room and finds Pragya frowning at him.

"Where were you?? And what is all this in your hands? "

"Pragya!!! I went for shopping things for our baby. The shop had so many cute toys, I brought the best ones "

"Are you mad Abhi. The baby is not even born yet and you brought these baby clothes and toys" 🤦🏻‍♀️

"Pragya please don't stop me from doing these things. For the first time in my life, shopping was fun. Now see what all things I brought for you"

Pragya follows Abhi who takes the shopping bags and puts them on the bed. He sits on the bed and makes Pragya sit beside him. He then shows her the parenting books, toys and baby clothes that he had shopped.
Pragya looks at Abhi with a huge smile , silently adoring him. He was just so happy. Since the moment, he had come to know about the pregnancy, he was smiling like an idiot. He was too excited and happy. They had decided to plan a baby after 3 years as they didn't want to rush things between them. They wanted time before they took up this responsibility. And finally the moment had come. They were going to be parents and Abhigya were at cloud nine.

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

Pragya walks into the house with a pale face. She was in her second month of pregnancy, and today she had got the reports of her latest scans.
She sits on her bed and leans against the headrest. She closes her eyes reminiscing the conversation she had with the doctor.
Flashback
"Mrs Mehra, did you have an accident in past, any accident? "

"Yeah doctor. Few years back I had fallen from the stairs and had been bedridden for a month then. Why are you asking about that doctor? Is it related to my pregnancy now? Is the baby fine? "

"I don't want to hide anything from you. The accident had caused you some internal injuries Pragya. You need to be really careful. In fact your body is still not ready for this pregnancy. You need time to recover. "

"What do you mean doctor. I am not ready for pregnancy. What does that mean. " Pragya asks worriedly.

"The baby is not good for your health Pragya. You may have serious complications as the pregnancy progresses. Don't take me wrong but I suggest you must go for abortion. "

Pragya gets furious hearing the doctor.
"You want me to kill my baby. " Pragya asks furiously.

"Listen Mrs Mehra. Relax. You are still young. You can get pregnant again. You can plan a baby again after your internal injuries are cured. "

"I am ready to bear the complications, but I won't have my baby aborted. "

The doctor tried explaining things to Pragya but she was not ready to understand. Giving up, the doctor gave her medications which would help reduce the complications.

Flashback ends.

Pragya thinks of the conversation and her eyes fill with tears. The happy and smiling face of Abhi came in front of her eyes. Pragya gently Caresses her belly.
"Mumma won't let anything happen to you my love. Mumma will protect you. Mumma is ready to bear the complications for you, I promise I won't let anything happen to you till I am Alive. Mumma loves you"
Pragya eventually drifted to sleep.
In the evening, Abhi walks into his room and finds Pragya sleeping. He sits beside her on the bed and places a soft kiss on Pragya's forehead. He then bent down and kisses Pragya's belly.
"Papa loves you Baby. " Abhi softly whispers. He hugs Pragya and lies down besides her.
After sometime, Pragya opened her eyes and finds Abhi sleeping securely hugging her in his arms. She smiles looking at his innocent face. Her baby husband was going to be a baby's daddy.

Pragya gets up from the bed and Abhi holds her hand.
"I thought you were sleeping. " Pragya tells him with a smile. Abhi makes Pragya sit on his lap and hugs her inhaling her scent.
"I miss you at the office. The experience is terrible without you. " Abhi tells her

"I told you that I can continue working for few more months. But you only denied me the permission to work. Overprotective husband. ", Pragya tells him with a pout. Abhi quickly kissed her pout.

" You can start working again after Junior comes out. Till then, I don't want to take any risk. "

Pragya nods her head.
"Pragya! Did you go to the doctor? I wanted to accompany you but then a meeting came up. I tried postponing it but no luck "

"Yeah Abhi. I went to the doctor and he said that the baby and her mother are absolutely fine. Don't worry "

Abhi nods with a smile.
"Next time even I will come with you "
Pragya hugs him tightly.

3 days later
Abhi was talking with Purab when he got a call from hospital. They had called him to collect his Dad's regular check up reports.
Abhi decided to go to the hospital and collect it himself.
Abhi was about to leave the hospital when he got the thought of meeting Pragya's gynaecologist. He was waiting outside the doctor's cabin and finally he was called in.
"Good evening doctor" Abhi wishes the doctor with a wide smile.

"Good evening Mr. Mehra"

"I couldn't accompany Pragya the last time. So I decided to meet you personally. How is she? "

"I gave her the diet plan for this month and all the necessary medications. But you need to take extra care of her as her case is different. "

"Her case is different? What do you mean doctor? Pragya and the baby are fine right?? " Abhi worriedly asks.

"Seems like Pragya didn't tell you anything about her reports of her latest scan. "

"She said her reports are normal. "

"No, Mr Mehra. Her reports are not normal. She had suffered an accident few years back and she still has some internal injuries. And that can lead to serious complications later on."

"What can be done then???"

"See Mr. Mehra, I really don't hide anything from my patients because I am here to save lives. I suggested Mrs Mehra to go for abortion and plan a baby after she is completely fine and the injuries are cured. But she is hell adamant on keeping the baby. We can't blame her too. It's her motherly instincts that are not letting her agree for this. I have given her medications which will reduce the complications. Apart from that you really need to take care of her. She must not strain and neither take stress. It won't be good for the baby and her "

The doctor suggested Abhi all the precautions that he needs to take.
Abhi walks out of the doctor's cabin with a pale face. He was angry on Pragya for hiding such a big thing from him. At the same time, he was hella worried for Pragya's health.

Abhi angrily walks into the room and finds Pragya reading a book. He walks to her and snatches the book from her hands and keeps it on the table. Pragya looks at him confused about his sudden angry behavior.

Abhi sits in front of Pragya and looks at her. He holds her hand.
"Pragya! Look into my eyes and tell the truth. Are you hiding something from me? "

"No Abhi. I am not hiding anything. " Pragya worriedly replies.

"Okay. What were the results of your latest scans? "

"I told you na. It's normal"

"STOP LYING PRAGYAA" Abhi furiously shouts at her and Pragya gets shocked seeing him so angry. He leaves her hands and furiously gets up from the bed. He then turns towards Pragya.

"What do you think of yourself and the baby? Is the baby only yours? Do I have no rights over that baby? "
Pragya gets up from the bed and moves towards Abhi and tries holding his hand but he moves back.

"Stay there Mrs Mehra. Don't come close. Answer me dammit. Do I have no rights over the baby. Leave that. Do I have no rights over you? " Abhi furiously asks.

"You have every right on me and the baby. Please calm down Abhi. "

"Calm down??? Are you serious Pragya. You are telling me to calm down. Do you even realize what you are doing? Why did you hide this from me? "

"Abhi I didn't want to worry you. You were so happy. "

"Pragya what the hell has happened to you. Do you even realize how complicated the situation is. Pragya my happiness lies in you. I don't want any happiness at the cost of your life. "

"Listen Pragya! I have made my decision. We are not keeping this baby. We can have a baby after you are completely fine. As of now, your health is all that matters to me. We are aborting it. "

"Are you mad Abhi? You want to kill our child. I am not going to let this happen. "

"Do you think that's easy for me? This child is as important to me, as it is to you. But Pragya, this can cost your life. Try to understand. We can have a baby again in the future. But what if something happens to you. I can't lose you please. The baby is special to me because it's symbol of our love. But I don't want anything at the cost of losing you. "

"The doctor said that if we maintain proper precautions and take proper care, me and the baby will be fine. Please don't do this Abhi. I can never do this. Please Abhi please "

"Is that your final decision? "

"Yes. I will not go for abortion and that's final. "

Abhi furiously walks out of the room leaving a crying Pragya behind.
Abhi informed his family about the reports and also told them about Pragya's decision. Everyone tried changing Pragya's mind but she was hell adamant on keeping the baby. After trying almost everything, the family gave up and started being very careful and conscious about Pragya's health.

Abhi too took care of her, but he avoided talking with her. He used to give her medicines but he didn't talk with her.
Pragya tried talking to him, but he always left the place everytime Pragya tried initiating a conversation.
He was still angry at Pragya for risking her life this way.
.
.
.
.
.
It was already a month of Abhi's silent behavior . He did everything Pragya wanted except talking with her. Pragya missed him and this distance was making her go crazy and pregnancy mood swings worsened the situation for her.
One such day...
It was night time and Pragya was already lying down on the bed with her eyes closed. She was missing Abhi a little extra today. The last time they had talked was a month before. She missed the silly fights that they often had.
While she was thinking of all this, she hears the sound of the door and she knew that Abhi had come.
Abhi slowly walks to the bed without making any sound because he didn't want to disturb Pragya's sleep. He lies down besides her and stares at her face for a few minutes. Though Pragya's eyes were closed, but she could feel his eyes on her. Abhi then turns his back towards Pragya and lies down facing the other side. Pragya slowly moves to his side and places her hand on his shoulder and turns him towards herself.
He looks at her and she hugs him tightly. He just couldn't ignore her anymore. He missed her so much. He tightly hugs her back.
As they hugged, Pragya hears Abhi softly sobbing. She immediately looks at him and wipes his tears.
"Shh Abhi. My Jaan. Don't cry please. I am absolutely fine Abhi. You remember the doctor had said that if the problem is serious, I will start having complications in the first month itself, but see it's been two months and I am absolutely fine. "
Abhi nods and kissed her forehead and hugs her even more tightly.
"I missed you Pragya. This one month was the toughest time of my life. The thought of seeing you in pain is killing me. I can bear anything but not separation from you. Kabhi mujhe chhodke mat jana please"

"Even I missed you Abhi. Nothing will happen to me and the baby because I have you. Kabhi nahi jaungi tumse dur, hamesha tumhare sath rahungi. "
"I won't let anything happen. I will take care of you and My Junior."
Abhi hugged her tightly and they slept hugging each other.

After 4 months
Abhi feels someone tap his shoulder, thereby disturbing his sleep. He opens his eyes and finds Pragya looking at him with expectations.
"Please Pragya! Not again. Let me sleep"

"You won't do this for your pregnant wife? " Pragya replies Making her cutest puppy face.

"Don't give this look to me. You do this every week. "

"Your dad doesn't love us" Pragya says gently caressing her belly.

"Okay fine. Come let's go. "

"Aww Abhi! You are the best. I love you"
Pragya excitedly replies and kissed his cheeks.

Abhi stops his car in front of an ice cream parlour. Pragya comes out of the car and they both move inside the parlour. Abhi orders Pragya's favorite flavors and after receiving the order he hands over the ice cream to Pragya.
Pragya feeds Abhi the first scoop of her ice cream and then finishes off the rest of the ice cream by herself.
On their way back home, Pragya asks Abhi to stop the car, so that they can sit in the nearby park for sometime.
"Pragya it's already 12:30. We can come here tomorrow. "

"Abhi, just look at the weather. It's so pleasant. Come na, let's go and sit there for a few minutes. "

"Okay fine. Let's go. But we will not stay here for long. You need rest. "

Abhi and Pragya come out of the car and Abhi securely wraps his arms around Pragya's shoulder and carefully walks with her. They come to the park and sit on a bench.

Abhi makes Pragya sit comfortably and sits besides her. Pragya moves close to him and places her head on his chest and closed her eyes. Abhi hugs her tightly and she smiles feeling the comfort of his arms.
"You remember our first memory related to this park? ", Pragya asks Abhi

"We come here almost everytime when we are free. You love coming here. So there are different memories of each visit. Which one are you talking about?"

Pragya looks up at him and finds Abhi grinning widely. She understood that he was trying to coax her to speak.
"If you are unable to remember, then it's okay. Let it be" Pragya replies with a smirk 😏

"Ohh yeah. Now I remember. We came here after our engagement. But what did we do after that? "

"Nothing. We did nothing. We were just sitting and talking. Isn't it Abhi? "

"No Pragya. I think we did something. Try to remember"

"Our first.... "

"Yes yes Our first? " Abhi looks at her excited.

"I don't know" Pragya replies with a shrug.

Abhi leans down and kissed her passionately and she kissed him back.

After parting from the kiss, Abhi looks at her with a grin and asks, "So madam, now you remember? "

Pragya shyly nods making Abhi chuckle. He hugs her tightly with a smile.

^^^^^^^^^

Pragya was in her 7th month of Pregnancy now and Abhi was worried as the months were passing. Thankfully, Pragya had not suffered any complications in the last 7 months but the worry was not leaving Abhi.
The fear of mishappenings was not letting Abhi enjoy Pragya's pregnancy properly. He acted normal in front of everyone including Pragya, but deep down inside he was scared about the future. The thought of seeing Pragya suffer was killing him.

Pragya on the other hand was also kinda worried. She was worried about the baby's health as well as about Abhi. She knew he was worried. Also she had this slight fear about Abhi's future if something happens to her. She knew she was just overthinking, but still the fear was there. Abhi loved her madly. She had seen him go crazy when he didn't find her around. But she somehow had the belief that she and the baby will be fine.

••••••••••
"I am going Abhi. Our journey was only till here. Now you have to live alone" Says Pragya and leaves Abhi's hand and starts walking away.

"PRAGYAA!!! PLEASE DON'T GO. ", Abhi shouts and runs behind her.
But Pragya disappears from his sight. Seeing her disappear, Abhi shouts PRAGYA.

Abhi suddenly wakes up shouting Pragya's name. His forehead was full of sweat beads. He had been seeing this horrifying dream since the past one week. Pragya who woke up hearing his sudden shout, quickly places her hand on his shoulder and gives him a glass of water. Abhi finishes the whole water in a single go and hugs Pragya tightly.

"It was the same dream again Pragya. I am scared. "

"Abhi it was just a bad dream jaan. Please don't think much about it. Try Sleeping Abhi. "
Abhi nods and lies down on the bed and tries sleeping. After sometime, Abhi turns to Pragya's side and finds her sleeping. He slowly gets up from the bed and moves to the garden as he was feeling suffocated inside the house. Abhi goes and sits in the garden.
As he thought of the dream and the complications in Pragya's pregnancy, his eyes filled with tears. The thought of losing Pragya made him feel lifeless. Pragya was all he had. He tries controlling his tears, when he suddenly feels a hand on his shoulder. He immediately wipes his tears and looks up to find Pragya standing there.
"Pragya you here, you want something?"

Pragya doesn't reply, instead she sat besides him and Abhi helped her in sitting comfortably. Pragya holds his hands and caresses his hands gently. She turns towards him and cups his face with her hand. She gently kissed his forehead. Finding her near him, Abhi couldn't keep his emotions inside him anymore. He hugs her tightly and eventually breaks into tears. Pragya doesn't stop him from crying. She let's him cry his heart out as she knew he was suffering all alone.
"Never leave me Pragya. I won't be able to live. " Abhi says in between the sobs. Pragya kept hugging him and patting his back in between.
"Jaan, I will never leave you. "
After sometime, Abhi stopped crying but he was still hugging her, Too scared to leave her.
"Come let's go inside" Pragya gently tell him and he nods his head and they move to their room.
Pragya sits on the bed and makes Abhi sleep with his head on her lap. She gently caresses his forehead, making him sleep.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Pragya was in her 8th month. The whole family was having breakfast together and Pragya suddenly started shouting due to pain. Abhi panics hearing her shout and he quickly picks her in his arms and rushes outside where Sid was ready with car. Sid speedily drives towards the hospital and they rush inside.
Pragya holds Abhi's hand tightly.
"Abhi promise me! Promise me that you will continue to live even if something happens to me. Promise me that you won't take any wrong steps"

"Nothing will happen to you Pragya. Calm down love. "

"Promise me Abhi. "

"Pragya please calm down.

Pragya shouts due to pain. " Promise me Abhi. "

"I promise you Pragya. Now please calm down. Nothing will happen to you fuggi"

The doctors immediately took Pragya inside the operation theatre. Abhi sits outside worried and tensed about everything. The doctor had warned him about premature delivery in Pragya's case and that had come true. Pragya's cries due to pain were breaking his heart and he had tears in his eyes. His family kept consoling him.

After 3 hours
The doctor comes outside the operation theatre with a sad face. Abhi immediately moves towards the doctor.
"Is Pragya fine? And what about the baby? " Abhi restlessly asks the doctor.

"Sorry Mr. Mehra. We couldn't save your wife and your son. The child was overweight and Pragya was weak. The internal injuries complicated everything. We tried our best but we couldn't save anyone. "

Abhi looks at the doctor with an expressionless face. His family members started crying but Abhi stood their shocked.
"Doctor, you don't know Pragya's habit. She often acts like she is sleeping. She is just sleeping doctor. Nothing has happened to her. And my son is also sleeping. He is a brat like his mom. Let me meet her doctor. She will wake up as soon as she sees me. "
The doctor looks at his family and then at Abhi. She knew the pain that Abhi was going through.

"Okay go inside and see her" The doctor tells with teary eyes.

Abhi moves inside the OT and sees Pragya lifelessly lying on the bed. He moves towards her and gently kissed her forehead.
"Pragya, my jaan, my fuggi, please wake up. See your drama is scaring me. You won fuggi, a prince is born. Open your eyes please. Let's see him together. The doctor is mad. She is telling me that you and our son are no more. But she doesn't know how good my chashmish acts. Get up please. "

Abhi gently holds Pragya's hand and kissed the back of her hand. He moves towards the baby kept beside Pragya. He picks him in his arms.
"My dear son. You look just like your mom. Baby open your eyes. Look at your dad baccha. Ohh, so you will also act like your mom. "
Abhi places the baby besides Pragya and moves to Pragya again.
"Ab uth bhi jao Pragya. Mujhe darr lag raha hai. I promise you ki kabhi pareshan nahi karunga, kabhi nahi ladunga tumse. Please uth jao. " Abhi starts crying holding her hand mumbling her name in between. Neil and Ragini come inside the OT and move towards Abhi.
"Stay strong Abhi. " Ragini tells him in a cracking voice. Abhi immediately hugs her and starts crying loudly.
"She left me maa. She left her Abhi all alone. She took our son too, but didn't take me. She left me alone to suffer. ".
Abhi wails loudly and his family members cry seeing his state.
Soon after that the last rituals of Pragya and their baby were done by Abhi.
At night Abhi walks into his room. His eyes were red and swollen because of crying. He lifelessly sits on the bed and gently caressed the side where Pragya used to sleep.
Seeing the empty bed and feeling himself alone, Abhi burst into tears.
"PRAGYAAAAA" He shouts loudly and starts wailing.
As he looked at their bed, all the memories of them on the bed started hovering his brain. Last night he and Pragya were discussing baby names and now he was all alone. The silence around him was killing him and the loneliness was thrashing his already broken heart. He was broken. Pragya had not gone alone, she took his life with him.
Neil and Ragini hugged Abhi and made him sleep. He was whimpering even in his sleep.

A month later
Sid and Roshni walk into Abhi's room and finds him looking at Pragya's pictures in their wedding album. Ever since Pragya had passed away, Abhi never came out of his room. He never even came down for breakfast, lunch and dinner. His room was his world now, where he lived with Pragya's memories. He still had intense breakdowns. The loss of Pragya had affected him badly. Abhi used to cry for hours looking at Pragya's pictures. He had stopped sleeping on his side of bed. Instead he slept on the side where Pragya used to sleep. Abhi started hugging Pragya's pillow in order to sleep. His condition was heartbreaking.
Sid and Roshni came and sat near Abhi on the bed. Sid gently placed his hand on Abhi's shoulder and Abhi looked up at Sid. His eyes were red due to crying. Abhi turned their wedding album towards Sid and Roshni and showed them his pictures with Pragya.
"Look at this picture Sid Bhaiya, the photographer had told me to keep my hand on Pragya's waist. Look at the way she is blushing."
Sid and Roshni nod hearing him.
"The picture is beautiful Abhi." Roshni tells him gently.

"I wish life was as beautiful as this picture. Look at us, we were so happy. Pragya promised me that she will never leave me. But she went. And while going, she took a promise from me. She wanted me to continue living this dreadful life."
Sid and Roshni had tears hearing him.
"Am I a bad person? Am I so bad that God took my reason to live with him"

"Live for the promise that you gave to Pragya. Live for the love that you have on her. I am sure God will give you a reason to live." Sid tells him softly.

"I don't want any reason to live bhai. Pragya's memories are enough for me. I miss her. I miss her so much. This world and my life has never felt so lonely before. I feel suffocated. My existence itself suffocates me. "

Sid moves towards Abhi and hugs him. Abhi started sobbing again.
"I miss her bhai. I miss her." Abhi said in between the sobs.

After 2 years
Abhi walks into his house and sees his family assembled in the living room. He starts moving towards his room when he hears his father calling him. He turns and walks towards them and sits besides Sara, his 3 year old niece. Sara immediately jumps and sits on Abhi lap and Abhi smiles seeing her. Abhi makes her sit comfortably.
Sara was among the very few persons who made Abhi smile after Pragya passed away. Seeing Sara sit with Abhi, Trisha too walks towards Abhi.
Abhi chuckles seeing Trisha jealous. Trisha and Sara were twin daughters of Sid and Roshni. Abhi picks Trisha up and makes her sit besides Sara. Sara makes a face seeing Trisha sitting near her. Abhi smiles seeing their antics.

"Abhi we want to talk to you. " Neil tells him. Abhi nods.

"Abhi you are still young. You have your whole life ahead. You can't live your rest of the life alone. So we were thinking about your remarriage. "

Abhi looks at Sid and Roshni and finds them looking down.

"Why does a person marry dad?" Abhi asks in a stern tone.

"So that you can have a person who can love you and support you lifelong Abhi. We remember how happy you were when you came to know that you are going to be a father. Marrying again will give you a new life partner Abhi. You can have a family again. "

"I thought you knew everything about me dad. Don't you know how much I love Pragya. Who said I don't have a life partner dad. Pragya lives with me every second. You know why I am still alive. Because Pragya is still a part of me. And yeah I was happy about the baby because the baby was a symbol of My and Pragya's love. I don't want anyone of you to ever bring this topic again. Pragya is my past, present and future. No one can take her place." Saying this Abhi walked towards his room with Sara and Trisha.

Later at night, Abhi goes to the same park that he and Pragya often used to visit. He had bought this park immediately after their marriage. This park had many memories of them. He traces the place where Pragya had last sat when he brought her here during her pregnancy. Reminiscing of all the past incidents his eyes fill up with tears. He tries controlling his tears but then he eventually starts crying. Nothing had changed for him in the past two years. He was still living a miserable life.
"I can't do this anymore Pragya. Each day without you feels like decades. Why did you go so soon Pragya. We had decided to spend our whole life together. We even had our old age plans. We started this journey together and you left me in the middle. My existence suffocates me. I can't keep up with the promise I gave you. I can't. I can't. " Abhi starts wailing.

While Abhi was crying, he suddenly froze at his place. He feels a cold touch on his shoulder, a familiar touch. He slowly looks back and gets the shock of his life. Pragya stood their smiling at him. Abhi looks at her in shock, too shocked to believe she was here. But she looked different. Her eyes had a different kind of shine. She looked different. Her appearance had an unreal and different kinda aura. Pragya sits besides Abhi at exactly same place where she had sat months ago. She holds Abhi's hand and her touch felt so cold.

"Who said I left you Abhi? I never did, I never will. I am always by your side. Now I am not physically near you. But still I am there Abhi. My presence and existence is always with you Jaan. All the memories that we have created have my presence. I am physically no more for the world, but I will always live in your heart Abhi. Nothing can seperate us not even death."

"Pragya! Please ab kahin mat jaana. Mujhe tumhari zaroorat hai Pragya."
(Pragya! Please don't go anywhere. I need you)

"Mein yahin hun tumhare paas. Jab bhi mujhe yaad karoge, mein tumhare paas aa jaungi Abhi. I love you Jaan. I Love you. "
(I am always near you. Whenever you will think of me, I will come to you.)

" I love you too Pragya, I love you so much."
Abhi hugs Pragya living the moment of having his love near him.
Though Pragya was no more, but Pragya's soul was always there to guide him, love him, support him and never make him sad again.

There is this quote of Elizabeth Kubler Ross which says "Real love doesn't die. It's the physical body that dies. Genuine, authentic love has no expectations whatsoever; it doesn't even need the physical presence of a person. Even when he/she is dead and buried that part of you that loves the person will always live."

------x------
Okay so this was a long story guys. I know the ending was sad but I tried writing something different.
To all those who didn't understand, the Pragya that Abhi saw in the end was her soul. Don't try finding logic. I just wanted to make things less painful for Abhi, that's why added the soul part. Hope you all liked the story.
Do comment your views about the story and yeah don't forget to tell me if you guys find any mistake, I will correct it.
Love you all ❤

Signing off
Anu ❤

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti lĂ­bit

3.7K 226 4
one shot collection on Abhi & Pragya from kumkumbhagya..
8.3K 706 5
Its three shots story about our AbhiGya What will happen if pragya comes into Abhi's life before One month of his marriage??? What will happen in the...
18.8K 1.8K 18
Abhi and Pragya are opposite poles... they don't like each other but the circumstances made them a couple.. will they accept each other as their soul...
10.5K 951 8
A beautiful love story of abhigya.....