Feared

By MManogyna

It was the day of their marriage. Marrying a man twelve years older than her was something she did not think... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 8

40 4 2
By MManogyna

Chapter 8

After seeing what she never dreamt he would do, her dreams were crushed and heaviness in her heart followed like somebody blew hard on her face. They were not in a relationship and she had no right to question him. He can have as many flings as he wants but she wasn't aware why she felt distressed when he kissed the girl. Phoebe did not know even his face. He is her kidnapper to say the truth. She did not know what her feelings were for him but she hated what she saw. Her temper was growing to a saturation of 100 degrees and she couldn't control it.

Phobe fell back on his bed and drew a long breath pulsating. After a minute she pulled the covers over her head. She did not want him to know about what she saw. Two hours later there was a knock at the door and Maria walked in. "Good Morning young madam, Happy Birthday to you." She wished and brought a beautiful turquoise color gown along with chocolate punch, her favorite sweet.

"How do you know that today is my birthday?" Phoebe asked perplexed. "Sir told me." She beamed. "Today is your special day and he gave me the menu of all your favorite dishes." With each passing day, Phobe felt the man more mysterious like he was some stalker and a serial killer in some horror movie. He knows so many things about her without her knowledge. Maria was waiting for Phoebe's reaction but when she got none except impassiveness to her utter surprise, she continued.

"So I made cream rolls, chocolate chip cookies, and pancakes. Anything more that you like to have madam?" She asked her enthusiastic slightly bending herself and clapping her hands like she was speaking to a kid.
Phobe combed her bed hair with her fingers. "First of all just call me Phobe, I require no formalities, Maria. Thank you for the wishes and for making so much effort to prepare so many dishes for me but I'm not hungry." Before Maria could say anything, she rushed out of his bed and closed the door of her room so that nobody could see them.

As expected the monitor in her room blared to life in seconds and she could hear his deep voice. "Happy Birthday my sweet little one." Phoebe did not acknowledge the wishes. She did not want to speak to him and had nothing to do with him. Her spirit died in shards the moment she saw the unforgettable scene this morning. "It seems like my little madam is not in a good mood. What should I do to make her happy?" He was speaking to her like she was a doll.

"How do you know about my birthday?" Phoebe couldn't hold back the anger in her voice. He sighed. "Like I told you, I know so many things about you. Why do you keep asking me the same question? Get showered and put on the dress I brought for you. We can..." Phobe cut him off. "When are you going to release me from your prison?"

"Prison?" There was a pain in his voice. "Did I ever keep you as a captive Phobe? What happened? Why have you behaving differently since morning? Did you have a bad dream cutie pie?" There goes the same endearment in his voice. Phobe bit the inside of her cheek to resist the sob falling out. Why did he always have to make things difficult for her? He keeps talking to her like he loves her so much and kisses another woman.

"I asked you a question. When are you going to release me from your prison?" Phobe shouts reaching the end of the sentence. He takes a deep breath and speaks nonchalantly this time. "I told you earlier too, when our deal settles with your father." Phobe packed the dress back into the bag. "I do not want any gifts from you and I think you are never going to finish the deal. You're enjoying holding me captive here." For a moment there was a halt in her actions as she went on a thought. "If you want to please me on my special day then send me back to my dad."

"Phobe" There was distress in his tone like somebody had battered him blue and red. Before he could speak further she pushed the monitor out of the table breaking it to pieces and the line went dead. Phobe inhaled a staggered breath and walked out of the bedroom. Commanding her perplexity, her eyes went wide when she saw many colorful balloons with a happy birthday written on them. The front hall was filled with bouquets each one carrying a note.

I am sending you good vibes and smiles for every second of your special day. 

May your birthday be the special day that you receive all you ever desired...

I'm so sorry for hurting your feelings. Just tell me where I went wrong. I will make everything right.

I'm so sorry sweetheart. Please talk to me.

Reading those heart-clenching messages, the dried tears of Phobe reached back into her eyes. She ran to her bedroom dropped to bed with her face hidden into the pillow and cried her eyes out. Thirty minutes later there was a knock and a technician came to fit a new monitor. 

"If you are here to fit a new computer, tell your boss this is going to meet the same result as the previous one." She pointed at the crashed computer beside her. The technician gasped astounded at Phobe like she had grown two heads and rushed out of the room with the monitor. Before he could reach the exit two maids came inside, one was holding a phone and the other was with a broom to clean the mess she made minutes ago.

"Young madam you can speak to your dad. He is connected." The older-looking lady among the two held out the mobile. "Dad, how are you?" Phoebe took the phone immediately and asked her father. A soft sob escaped Carlos's lips though he tried his best to resist it before his daughter. "Happy Birthday to you my princess, I thought I wouldn't be able to wish you but that guy" he added thoughtfully "is not bad like he projects himself."

"Dad, why do you want to waste our precious little time speaking about that idiot?" Carlos chuckles. "My little princess just started talking after almost a month and is already angry with her daddy? Carlos heard a whine from the other side. "He said his men will come and speak about the deal today. I'm very happy Phobe. Whatever money they ask I'm going to throw it upon their face and get you back. Do not worry my Sunshine, I live only for you."

Phoebe was ultimately happy on her birthday. She got what she desired and was also able to speak to her father. Just as the call finished, there was another one coming. Phoebe picked up the call and it was him. "Are you happy now?" Phoebe's happy face went to a scowl. "Talk to me, baby girl. Why are you suddenly angry with me? See, you talked to your dad also today, you should be very happy. If you're angry with me on anything we can talk it out and settle things."

"I want to talk to Alaric my boyfriend," Phoebe spoke bluntly cutting him off and uncaring about his feelings.  There was a moment's silence on the other line and then came out his rugged voice. "You cannot speak to him." Why? She wanted to ask but before that, the line went dead.

Somewhere in the middle of the night, she could hear his hoarse voice which was slightly slurred accompanied by a smell of alcohol.  "May you receive whatever you ask for, may you find whatever you seek. Happy birthday, my baby girl." His lips met her forehead and stayed there for a moment. Is he drunk? Why? He placed a red rose beside her bed on the pillow and looked at her for a few seconds after brushing away the hairs from her face. "I love you so much, my baby girl." He said and wobbled away to the exit door. Phoebe opened her eyes the moment he was out and a soft whimper escaped her rims.

Flashback

"Daddy, I want a candy. Take me to the shop." Phoebe went puckish asking her dad. "There are many chocolates in the fridge Princess, we will go home and have them. Uncle Xavier doesn't hoard chocolates." Carlos tells his daughter. "No. I want it now." Phobe starts pulling her dad's arm with her two little hands. "This is the Victoria complex and then this is my jewelry store, second from right." Carlos sketched Xavier and showed it to him with pride in his eyes.

Xavier patted the shoulder of Carlos. "That's a great place. You will have a very good business there." Phobe continues to pull her father's arm. "Daddy...daddy, I want a Candy." She became more mischievous, crying and sitting while flapping her legs to the floor.

I was nineteen, just returned from my university, and saw Carlos with Phobe in my home. A grin escapes my brims noting her mischief. She was planning for a candy and Carlos was busy explaining things to Dad. Taking care of Phobe is my favorite hobby. "Come on let us get a candy for you." I give her my finger to hold which she fists in her little hand. Two minutes later both of us were on the street while I walked, she jumped and strolled beside me.

"Baby girl, you will fall if you jump like that. Walk properly." I insist. We reach a department store and I buy her favorite orange flavor. She was dressed in a yellow frock with two cute blonde pigtails flapping her red chubby cheeks.  I notice a few curly locks constantly brushing her face. She was trying to brush them away while going busy to remove the wrap. Even her slightest discomfort wasn't acceptable to me. I asked the cashier about the children's wing and got her a pair of hair clips.

Kneeling before her to her level I brush away the rings from her face and lock them in the clip. Opening the chocolate wrapper I give it to her. Her eyes went wide twinkling in a triumphant smile and I felt that was the most beautiful thing I had seen to date on earth.

My Phobe, my life, and my everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 3.4K 41
ARRANGED MARRIAGE "I will not marry anyone. I don't care if it's for alliance, because we both know we don't need it!" I hissed back. Our mafia was o...
27.2K 1K 94
BOOK 2 OF 3 Sequel to Tell Me The Truth - "Violet, I need to tell you something." Phoebe mumbles somewhat nervously. "Can it wait?" "Not really, it's...
229K 12K 30
'She didn't struggle, she kissed him back and when they stepped apart he saw a look of love and sheer devotion in her eyes. He held her in his arms o...
236K 6.4K 32
"Stop-" I said and he raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Stop what?" "Stop telling me you care." I replied. "Why?" "Because I'll fall for you." I rep...