Chosen Ones

viper_ri tarafından

Percy Jackson is believed to have the best past out of the Seven. What will happen when they find out he does... Daha Fazla

Disclaimer
A Not So Great Past
Thalia and Jason
Percy's Talents and Past
A/N
Umm
Questions
New Cover!!!!
The Fates Officially Suck
What The...
Unbelievable
Plain Sight
Thalia's Secrets
The Hearing Part 1
Hearing Part 2
A Trip to the Past
Arrival
Diagon Alley
The Dinner and Sorting
Common Room, Rules, + Extra Scene
Classes
Classes Part 2??
Sevvy is Mean
I am an Idiot- not any of the characters......me
Will(Ch.22)
New Power
A/N (IMPORTANT)
Daily Prophet
Quick A/N
Unexpected Promotion
Wimps, Centaurs, and Mini Cerberus's
#BLM
Tagged ( I hate this)
Fudging Trolls Man, Know What I Mean
Quidditch Nightmares
Love is Weird and Hermione is...
Pretentious Girls and Bickering Morons
Mirrors, Christmas, and Sticks
Flamel, Slytherins, Dragons, and 'Rats'
Sorry... A/N
New Book Cover!
Whiners, Unicorns, and Glowy Hands
Voldie Did What Now
We All Know Who Is Right
Unknown End
New Cover!...Again
Epilogue

Exams, The Plan, and Fluff

331 3 1
viper_ri tarafından

A/N- This chapter is longer than the other. Enjoy!

Song: " Derniere Danse" by Indila

Thalia

Exams are terrible. Curse Athena, I always disliked her, now more than ever. We had been given special quills for the written exams. They prevent cheating so I can't even copy of off Annabeth or even Percy for that matter. I probably wouldn't be able to read his handwriting but he is better at this than I am. Don't tell him I said that. He will never let me live it down. Each classroom was sweltering hot and it didn't help that we had practical exams as well. Our first was charms. Shortie called us in one by one to see if we could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk. Nico had went first and came out with his wand in the air, the pineapple dancing away from the desk and onto Will. It had legs and little hands that messed up Golden boy's hair. Will had tried to act mad but one couldn't stay mad at a dancing pineapple.

Our next practical was with McGonagall. We had to to turn a mouse into snuffbox, points were giving for how pretty the box was, but it was taken away if the box had some animals parts left, like whiskers.

Sevvy made everyone nervous as he breathed down our necks while we made our Forgetfulness potion. I think he laced his breath with the dam potion because I couldn't remember a single ingredient in the potion. At one point I glanced at Harry during Potions and saw him rubbing his head. I think his scar was still bothering him, but he hadn't mentioned it so I wasn't going to ask until it became a problem.

Our last test was History of Magic, and it was the absolute worst. It was one hour of answering stupid questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons. When it was finally over I couldn't help but cheer with everyone else. Hecate's dam spell may have give me more information about this world but I still had trouble with these tests. Supposedly I knew it all but tests stress me out and I tend to forget everything I studied.

"That as far easier than I thought it would be," the brainiac said. " I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."

" You also needn't have made us learn it as well ," I grumbled annoyed by her chipper attitude. How does she get off taking exams? She even went through the exams after taking them. That made me ill just thinking about it and it seems Ron felt the same. His face scrunched up as Hermione went over the test out loud, making all of us relive the terrible moments of answering those questions. Pure torture I tell you.

To relieve ourselves of the hard day we flopped down by the lake, under a large willow tree.

"No more studying," Ron begged. "I can't take any more of this. We have week off and I'd like to enjoy it."

Hermione rolled her eyes but obliged, setting down her papers. Harry was still massaged his head, eyes scunched pain.

"Exams get to you that much Harry? Does your head hurt from all the questions?" Percy asked, smirking.

Harry shook his head, eyes snapping open.

"I wish I knew what this means!" He burst out. " My scar has ben aching ever since we saw the unicorn!"

" Go to Madam Pomfrey then," I suggested.

"I'm not ill, I think it is a warning. Like how it started paining before we saw the creature. It means danger is coming."

I couldn't bother to get worked up, it was too hot.

" Harry relax. Dumbledore will protect the stone. As long as he is hear the stone is safe. If you remember Old Voldie was only afraid of one wizard. Dumbledore." Percy said, attempting to calm him down. We all know something bad was going to happen, but no one had the energy to deal with it now.

"Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid let's Dumbledore down." Annabeth said.

Hermione made a face but stayed quiet. Good, in this department she had no clue what she is talking about. Percy should have put her in her place earlier. I like her being quiet. It doesn't happen often.

Harry

I nodded along to the conversation but I couldn't shake off a lurking feeling that there was something he'd forgotten to do, something important. When he tried to explain this, Hermione said, "That's just the exams. I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes before I remembered we'd done that one."

I know Hagrid would never tell anyone how to get past fluffy, he was too loyal to Dumbledore to do that, but unknowingly, when pining for something he has wanted his whole life...

I jumped to my feet. "Where're you going?" said Ron sleepily.

"I've just thought of something," I said. My face turned cold. "We've got to go and see Hagrid, now."

Nico, Will, and Thalia stayed seated as Percy, Annabeth, Ron, and Hermione rushed to follow

"Why?" panted Hermione, hurrying to keep up.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd," I said, scrambling up the grassy slope, "that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have an egg in his pocket? How many people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think? Why didn't I see it before?"

"What are you talking about?" said Annabeth, but I, sprinting across the grounds toward the forest, didn't answer.

Hagrid was sitting in an armchair outside his house; his trousers and

sleeves were rolled up, and he was shelling peas into a large bowl.

"Hullo," he said, smiling. "Finished yer exams? Got time fer a drink?"

"Yes, please," said Ron, but I cut him off.

"No, we're in a hurry. Hagrid, I've got to ask you something. You know that night you won Norbert? What did the stranger you were playing cards with look like?"

"Dunno," said Hagrid casually, "he wouldn' take his cloak off."

Some of us that weren't interested before snapped their heads to Hagrid, stunned. I raised my eyebrows.

"It's not that unusual, yeh get a lot o' funny folk in the Hog's Head — that's the pub down in the village. Mighta bin a dragon dealer, mightn' he? I never saw his face, he kept his hood up."

I sank down next to the bowl of peas. "What did you talk to him about, Hagrid? Did you mention Hogwarts at all?"

"Mighta come up," said Hagrid, frowning as he tried to remember. "Yeah...he asked what I did, an' I told him I was gamekeeper here...He asked a bit about the sorta creatures I took after...so I told him...an' I said what I'd always really wanted was a dragon...an' then...I can' remember too well, 'cause he kept buyin' me drinks...Let's see...yeah, then he said he had the dragon egg an' we could play cards fer it if I wanted...but he had ter be sure I could handle it, he didn' want it ter go ter any old home....So I told him, after Fluffy, a dragon would be easy...."

"And did he — did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Percy asked, trying to keep his voice calm. He caught on to what Harry realized.

"Well — yeah — how many three-headed dogs d'yeh meet, even around Hogwarts? So I told him, Fluffy's a piece o' cake if yeh know how to calm him down, jus' play him a bit o' music an' he'll go straight off ter sleep —"

Hagrid suddenly looked horrified.

"I shouldn'ta told yeh that!" he blurted out. "Forget I said it! Hey —where're yeh goin'?"

No one spoke as they sprinted away from the hut. They came to a

halt in the entrance hall, which seemed very cold and gloomy after the grounds.

"We've got to go to Dumbledore," I said. "Hagrid told that stranger how to get past Fluffy, and it was either Snape or Voldemort under that cloak — it must've been easy, once he'd got Hagrid drunk. I just hope Dumbledore believes us. Maybe we can get the others to stop being lazy and help. Where's Dumbledore's office?"

Everyone looked around for a sign or something to guide them in the right direction.

"We will have to—" Percy got cut off as Professor McGonagall walked to them.

"What are you five doing inside?"

"We want to see Professor Dumbledore," said Hermione, rather bravely.

"See Professor Dumbledore?" Professor McGonagall repeated, as though this was a very fishy thing to want to do. "Why?"

I swallowed — now what?
"It's sort of secret," Ron said, but I wished at once he hadn't, because Professor McGonagall's nostrils flared.

"Professor Dumbledore left ten minutes ago," she said coldly. "He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and flew off for London at once."

"He's gone?" I said, frantic. "Now?"

"Professor Dumbledore is a very great wizard, Potter, he has many demands on his time – "

"But this is important."

"Something you have to say is more important than the Ministry of Magic, Potter?"

"Look," said Percy, throwing caution to the winds, "Professor — it's about the Sorcerer's Stone —"

Whatever Professor McGonagall had expected, it wasn't that. The books she was carrying tumbled out of her arms, but she didn't pick them up.

"How do you know —?" she spluttered.

"Professor, I think — I know — that Sn— that someone's going to try and steal the Stone. I've got to talk to Professor Dumbledore." Hermione said McGonagall eyed the five of them with a mixture of shock and suspicion.

"Professor Dumbledore will be back tomorrow," she said finally. I don't know how you found out about the Stone, but rest assured, no one can possibly steal it, it's too well protected."

"But Professor —" Harry said.

"Potter, I know what I'm talking about," she said shortly. She bent down and gathered up her books. " Now I suggest you all forget about this and enjoy the rest of the day outside."

But they didn't.

Percy

" It is happening tonight," I said once I was sure McGonagall was out of earshot. " Whoever is going to steal the stone is doing it tonight and we have to stop them."

" But what can we—" Hermione was cut off as yet another teacher interrupted us.

Snape was standing behind the group. "Good afternoon," he said smoothly, "You shouldn't be inside on a day like this"

They just stared at him.

"We were-" I stopped not really sure what I should say.

"You want to be more careful," said Snape, "Hanging around like this, people will think you're up to something. And Gryffindor can't afford to lose anymore points now can they."

Wow Sevvy, real sneaky.

Harry flushed. They turned to go outside, but Snape called them back.

"Be warned, Potter — any more nighttime wanderings and I will personally make sure you are expelled. Good day to you." He strode off in the direction of the staffroom.

"Right, here's what we've got to do," Harry whispered urgently. "One of us has got to keep an eye on Snape — wait outside the staff room and follow him if he leaves it. Hermione, you'd better do that."

"Why me?"

"It's obvious," I said, smirking. "You can pretend to be waiting for Professor Flitwick, you know." I put on a high voice, "'Oh Professor Flitwick, I'm so worried, I think I got question fourteen b wrong....'"

"Oh, shut up," said Hermione, but she agreed to go and watch out for Snape.

"And we'd better stay outside the third-floor corridor," Harry told Ron. "Come on."

But as usual our plan didn't work. Professor McGonagall had anticipated us forgoing her command and busted us just as we reached the door to Fluffy. She yelled at us and took 50 points from our house. Annabeth, Harry, Ron, and I trudged back to our common rooms.

"At least Hermione has tailed Snape." Ron said. I rolled my eyes. Snape may have known what we were going to doubt he wasn't going to steal the stone. I think he is protecting it. But there is no use trying to explain that to them. I locked eyes with Wise Girl. She nodded in understanding reading my expression with experienced ease.

The common room door snapped open. We turned to see a panting Hermione rush into the room.

" I'm sorry guys Snape came out and I told him I was waiting for Flitwick but he said he would go get him. I only just got out of there in time."

We all sighed.

"Well that's it then," Harry said, eyes glittering.

I stared at him confused. He glanced to his room, where his cloak was held... oh crap

"Harry no," I warned. This dude needs to stay alive.

"What?" Ron asked

"I'm going to sneak out of the dorms at night with my cloak and stop him myself."

"Are you made??!!!" Hermione and Ron exclaimed in unison

I was about to protest again when Annabeth shook her head, hand in from of my chest. We spoke using our mind link while the other three argued.

"He isn't going to change his mind, too stubborn. A lot like you actually. You know he looks like you too. The hair, eyes-"

"Annabeth get to the point" I mentally smiled. I always forget she had ADHD too.

"Oh right. We will just have to go with him. Bring Nico to hid us. One of us will have to stay behind though. Hermione is obviously going, she will want to prove she's right. Harry and Ron aren't separating. We need Nico, all of us aren't going to fit under the cloak. Thalia isn't an option, she won't want to. Will might want to come because of Nico but he needs a break. I think the healing took a little too much out of him."

" He did look tired,"

"Ya so it is between you and me."

"I don't mind staying behind and being damage control," I said, mentally shrugging. I am not in the mood to defeat another annoying enemy.

Annabeth was quiet for a few moments before shaking her head visibly.

" No they will need your street smarts and blessings. We don't know what is set up to protect the stone. I can do damage control with everyone else."

"Wouldn't you be the better choice? Daughter of Athena and all?"

"The team already has a know-it-all, Hermione. You got the book smarts. You have something none of us do Percy. It's you."

I smiled at her, she smiled back, steel eyes softening. Man I missed my wise girl.

The link was cut of and we were back in the present. They were still arguing. I whistled my New York cab whistle. The yelped, hands hurried to cover their ears. Annabeth had already covered her ears, knowing my the whistle is how I get the campers attention back home.

" What the hell Percy?!" Ron screeched.

"You all weren't shutting up," I shrugged. " Desperate times calls for desperate measures. So listen, this needs to happen. Dumbledore isn't here, the stone isn't safe. No matter how dumb us first years trying to stop the thief is, someone needs to do it. Therefore Harry you won't be going alone."

He started to protest but I put my hand up.

"Nico, Hermione, you, Ron, and I will go. Hermione, you and Ron under the cloak. Nico and I have a way to get their undetected."

"How?" Hermione questioned.

"Let us worry about that. We will have to sneak off during dinner, when everyone is occupied. That is the most likely time the thief will strike."

"Just say Snape," Hermione mumbled but kept listening.

"How will you tell Nico all of this, dinner is in," he checked his rusty watch." Oh crap 10 minutes. Wow has it really been that long?"

"I guess it has, don't worry about it. Nico doesn't ask many questions. Make sure to bring your wands, we'll need it." I said grimly.

Harry, Ron and Hermione started out of the room. Hermione glanced back, a weird look on her face before continuing out of the room.

I turned to Annabeth but she was already looking at me.

"I can't believe how much I underestimated you," She shook her head frowning.

I walked up to her and grabbed her hand. The common room was empty.

"Wise Girl, you never underestimated me. I didn't show you all of me. But I am now. Now you have all the information. No secrets."

She nodded still frowning a little. I kissed her cheek and intertwined my fingers with hers.

She smiled," There's that smile I love," I said.

Her smile widened.

Together we exited the common rooms, relishing in the time alone we had before we had to return to acting like mature-ish twelve year-olds.

A/N- A little percabeth fluff for you, who doesn't love that. The next chapter will be up soon( Tomorrow or later). Hopefully my inspiration lasts to get that chapter up. I sincerely hope you enjoyed the double update!

Peace out Demi-Wizards!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

100K 2K 35
Percy Jackson has always been brave, but is he brave enough to fight his way through Tartarus? When Percy falls into Tartarus, Annabeth must rally th...
271K 7.6K 22
Percy and Annabeth had a good run, but when Percy breaks up with Annabeth because the old sparks died out what does this mean for a certain son of Ha...
478K 10.1K 25
Percy Jackson is broken. After the Giant War, Camp Half-Blood's protective barriers were destroyed, and he was the only one who escaped. He watched h...
275K 7.7K 34
What happens when Nico is sent to teach at Hogwarts? Will his cover be blown? Will he succeed in teaching the witches and wizards what they need to k...