❦𝗪𝗲 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝗕𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲�...

By ShmaptainShmerica82

❦(LᴏᴋɪxAsɢᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ!Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ)❦ (Y/n) was abandoned at a young age, being forced to live on the streets, and s... More

❦꧁Things 2 Know꧂❦
❦Prologue❦
❦Chapter 1❦
❦Chapter 2❦
❦Chapter 3❦
❦Chapter 4❦
❦Chapter 5❦
❦Chapter 6❦
❦Chapter 7❦
❦Chapter 8❦
❦Chapter 9❦
❦Chapter 10❦
❦Chapter 11❦
❦Chapter 13❦
❦Chapter 14❦
❦Chapter 15❦
❦Chapter 16❦
❦Chapter 17❦
❦Chapter 18❦
❦Chapter 19❦
❦Chapter 20❦
❦Chapter 21❦
❦Chapter 22❦
❦Chapter 23❦
❦Chapter 24❦⚠️
❦Chapter 25❦
❦Chapter 26❦
❦Chapter 27❦
❦Chapter 28❦
❦Chapter 29❦
❦Chapter 30❦
❦Chapter 31❦
❦Chapter 32❦
❦Chapter 33❦
❦Epilogue❦
❦Afterword❦

❦Chapter 12❦

480 24 7
By ShmaptainShmerica82

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I was sitting in with Frigga as the tailor bustled around her, sticking pins in the fabric, and readjusting certain pieces. I had a cup of tea in my grasp, giving my input whenever the tailor asked Frigga a question that she didn't know the answer to.

Why was the Queen having a new dress made, you ask? It was for a royal ball to celebrate the elimination of the hellhounds, the realm of Asgard and its citizens now safe once again.

I had my fears about what would happen when the hellhounds were gone and everyone could go back to their homes. I thought that the King and Queen would make us go back to our old sorry excuse for a house. However, my fears diminished to nothing once Frigga informed me that she wanted me to work as her lady-in-waiting full time. I was thrilled upon hearing this, and agreed, on the condition that Faline stayed also. Frigga readily agreed, seeing a great mount of potential in the young chef.

I sipped my tea as the Queen stood perfectly still, chatting away with the tailor. Once Frigga's dress was ready to be sewn, every pin in perfect placement, Frigga reached for me. I let her pull me in front of the mirror on the raised platform.

"Frigga, what is this nonsense?" I chuckled with a shocked expression, the tailor buzzing around me.

"You're getting fitted for the ball, my dear. You will be attending." She smiled kindly, and took a seat where I'd been sitting.

I opened and closed my mouth, as a fish would do.

"But....but I don't even know what kind of dress I'll be wearing!" I voiced, exasperated.

"Oh don't worry, dear. Your secret admirer already has a design picked out for you." She smirked deviously, which she hid within her teacup. I opened my mouth to argue, to which she shut down quickly. "He insists that you come as his partner."

My cheeks flushed red as I thought about Loki saying those words. The tailor was quick to pin up different fabrics, glancing at a piece of paper that he kept hidden.

"Will Faline be invited as well?" I spoke carefully, trying not to sound too offended if she wasn't.

"My son, Thor is actually taking her as his plus one." She spoke with a small smile.

My face lightened at the thought of the hulking man dancing with the little girl. Thor and Faline hit it off almost immediately, since Faline likes to cook, and Thor loves to eat.

"Does she have a dress for the occasion?" I glanced at the tailor, motioning for him to answer.

"Yes, m'lady, she was fitted a couple of days ago." He spoke calmly as he snipped some fabric around my shoulders to fall properly.

I remained silent as I mulled over his words. Faline knew that I was invited to the ball and didn't tell me. I'd definitely have to talk to her about this tonight. I'd also have to talk to my not so secret admirer about my hand-designed dress.

I couldn't tell much about the dress, all I knew was that it was a deep shade of green.

*****

I searched for Faline everywhere. Not in the gardens, not in the kitchen, not in the room, not anywhere to be seen. I asked everyone I passed if they had seen her, and came up empty every time. I finally gave up looking and went to go ask someone that would actually know where she was.

I didn't bother to knock as I barged in, and found him sitting atop of his made up bed, reading.

"Hello, darling." He spoke without looking up.

"Cut the crap, you greasy weasel." I smirked as I saw his brow raise.

"I have not the slightest clue what you mean, dearest." He kept up his facade, but I saw right through it.

"Alright. I'll make it easy for you. 1, When were you going to tell me that you were making me attend the ball? And 2, where is my sister?" I put my hands on my hips as I stayed planted in the middle of his room.

"I wanted it to be a surprise, love, but I see that my mother has spoiled it....and your sister is in the stables." He finally looked up, placing his book to the side and standing up from the bed.

"Well, she didn't directly.....she said that it was one of her sons, so I just assumed. And Thor is bringing Faline...so unless she has another son that neither of us know about......." I shrugged and smiled as he came closer.

"Did you see the tailor already?" He placed his large hands on my hips once he reached me.

"Yes.....though he didn't show me what the final dress was going to look like." I furrowed my brows at him, and his smile grew.

"That is the point, my sweet
(Y/n)." He tucked a (h/c) lock behind my ear.

I squinted at him playfully, but leaned into the hand that he placed on my cheek.

"I'd love to stay and stare at you all day, but I've got a sister to scold." I smiled widely and skipped out of the room, hearing his faint chuckle come from the still opened door.

*****

"Falineeeeee!!" I drug out in a scolding tone as I saw the top of her head in one of the stables.

"Yes....?" She spoke innocently as she ran a curry comb(1) through Bezos' coat.

"You know exactly the matter. Don't play dumb." I smirked, and she put down the comb, her smile sly.

"Listen, (Y/n), Loki wanted it to be a surprise." She shrugged as she felt around for the soft brush(2), and I handed it to her.

"Why would he want it to be a surprise?" I thought aloud, as only the sound of bristles against a thick coat of horse hair could be heard.

Faline remained silent, which made me suspicious that she was hiding something.

"Why would be want it to be a surprise, Faline?" I repeated my question again, hoping she'd crack.

"That's none of my business." She picked up all of her grooming supplies, and left a happy looking Bezos to rest in his stall filled to the brim with wood shavings.

I furrowed my brows at her retreating form, her not even feeling out in front of her, since she'd done this so many times.

*****

Before I knew it, there were maids, cooks, and many others rushing around like mad to get ready in time for the celebration ball. Frigga had been keeping me busy, and I only barley managed to sneak visits in with Faline during the day, and of course I'd see her every night. Loki, however, I haven't seen for more than a few minutes since that day at the tailors.

When ever we did happen to see each other, he was quick to distribute some type of affection, making this strange feeling in my chest grow like a wildfire.

As of now, the ball is tomorrow night, and Frigga has been informed that our dresses have been finished, but they will not be revealed to us until the day of the ball. I was giddily exited to see my dress, along with what the tailor had made up for Faline and Frigga.

I was done with my duties for the day, and just wanted some peace and quiet. I trudged my way tot he library, and plopped down with a children's story book, one that I could read fluently. I was nodding off, when I felt the small couch dip beside me under someone's weight, and I was happily surprised to see Loki sitting next to me.

"Greetings, my darling." He greeted me with a smile, and had a book of his own in his hand.

"Hi." I spoke through a yawn, turning back to my book with half-lidded eyes.

Not a word was spoken as we read silently, me scooting closer to Loki every minute or so. Once I was squished up against him, only then did I put down my book and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Tired?" He spoke with concern, glancing over at my slumped form.

"Very much so. Frigga has been running me like mad these past couple of days." I rubbed my eyes to try to keep them open.

"Well then let me escort you to your chambers." He spoke sincerely, putting his book down and taking my hand, leading me to the hallway where my room was.

*****

Once I entered my chambers, I was not the least bit surprised to see Faline asleep in my bed. I quickly and silently went through my nightly routine, and crawled into bed beside her.

She had her own bed not even ten feet away, but most nights she slept in bed with me, something we'd done occasionally since she was small. It didn't take long for my body to completely relax, and before I knew it, the gates of dreamland had opened up before me.

FOOTNOTES:

(1) a curry comb is a metal comb that brushes out heavy dirt and excess hair from a horse's coat, and no, it does not hurt them, most enjoy being brushed.

(2) A soft-bristle brush is exactly what it sounds like. A brush with "soft" bristles, to brush away the excess horse hair and dust that maybe the curry comb didn't get.

(I added these foot notes in particular for all of you that maybe haven't ever groomed a horse before or seen it done.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.7K 11
LOKI X READER - A SLOW-BURN ROMANCE & DARK FANTASY CHARACTER-DRIVEN STORY - COMPLETED You and your family are unexpectedly invited to a celebratory f...
10.3K 433 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...
163K 4.6K 34
Young Prince Loki of Asgard is the God of Mischief and Chaos, the wild and unscrupulous little brother of Thor, and the son of the King of the Æsir. ...
23.6K 330 31
'They may have always been my enemy, but I became their worst nightmare' We all know Asgards famous prince's, but what about their younger sister. ...