ALMOST UNFIXABLE.

De Iyanuoluwa-Temi

"Sometimes, you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself, and... Mai multe

WELCOME!
ALMOST UNFIXABLE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS.
001 ‑ Hoodie Memories.
002 - Day Ones.
003 - The Jungle.
005 - Betrayal
006a ‑ Truth Part 1
006b - Truth Part 2
007 ‑ Out of Control.
008‑ No Control.
009 ‑ Broken Friendships and Daddy Issues.
010 ‑ I Don't Belong.
011 ‑ Triggers.
012 ‑ Her Attraction.
013a ‑ Therapy and Tutorials Part 1.
013b‑ Therapy and Tutorials Part 2
014 ‑ What doesn't Kill You...
015 ‑ ...Makes You Stronger.
016 ‑ Nothing Special.
017a ‑ The Paragon Part 1
017b ‑ The Paragon Part 2
017c - The Paragon Part 3
018 - Pettiness 1.0
019 - Bitch, Be Humble.
020 - Screw All Doubts.
021 - Pettiness 2.0.
022 - Lies and Deceit.
023 - Go To Hell.
024 - Therapy Session.
025 - Make Other Friends.
026 - Are We Friends?
027a - I've Got Your Back Part 1
027b - I've Got Your Back Part 2
028 - Miserable and Empty.
029 - Imperfections.
030a - On a Date Part 1
030b - On a Date Part 2
030c - On a Date Part 3.
031 - Something More.
032 - Shutter Speed and Small Talks.
033 - E Shock You?
034 - Temper Tantrums and True Friendships
035 - Attractions and Revelations
036 - More Revelations...
037 - ...and More Attractions.
038 - The Best Version.
039 - Beyond Chemistry.
040a - Family Dinner Part 1.
040b - Family Dinner Part 2
041a - Reliving The Past
041b - Revealing The Past
041c - Repressing The Past
042 - Ghost
043 - Machiavellian.
044 - No Capping.
045 - Secrets
046 - Everything and More.
047a - A Lesson on Closure Part 1.
047b - A Lesson on Closure Part 2
048a - Once Bitten, Twice Shy Part 1
048b - Once Bitten, Twice Shy Part 2
049 - A Best Friend's Role
050 - Team Silary
051 - I feel Sexy.
052a - Who is Faking Part 1
052b - Who is Faking Part 2
053 - Sleep Over Frenzy
054 - I'm Okay... Not
CHARACTER AESTHETICS 2.
055 - I Fucked Up.
056- The Awakening
057a - A Lesson On Forgiveness Part 1
057b - A Lesson On Forgiveness Part 2
058 - Want.
059 - Obsession
060 - Promises
061a - Her... Part 1
061b - Her... Part 2
062a - Take A Step Part 1
062b - Take A Step Part 2
063 - Heartbreak
064 - In Your Arms
065a - The Inevitable Part 1
065b - The Inevitable Part 2
066a - The Enemy of My Soul Part 1.
066b - The Enemy of My Soul Part 2.
066c - The Enemy of My Soul Part 3.
067 - The Night of Indulgence.
068 - The Forever Seal.
069 - It's Going to be a Great Year.
070 - Air of Confidence.
071 - The Breaking Point.
072 - Breakfast?
073 - "Study Sessions" and Awkward Family Introductions.
074 - Reassurance and Less Awkward Family Introductions.

004 - Jidenna Leo Okojie

2K 550 1.1K
De Iyanuoluwa-Temi

(004 - Jidenna Leo Okojie)

For the sake of those that can't see the chapter number and title because I used "Fancy Fonts", I decided to repeat it like I did above in the bracket, so they won't miss out on anything. I did the same for the POV too and I've edited the first three chapters to look that way too.

I changed Semeeha's picture (not her faceclaim) to a picture that fits into her kind of person, her character. The new picture defines her better than the last one. Check it out and let me know your thoughts on it.

Jidenna is not getting his POV till the next chapter, but you'll still meet him again here, and two other major character in this chapter. I'm sure you are excited about that!🔥

Who and who do you think they would be?🌚

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

"I don't understand how people can be so insensitive!" Semeeha started screaming as soon as we got into the large but empty classroom while leading me to the seat she had saved for me, Dawn following quietly behind.

It was a surprise that the class was empty though. Most of the time before assembly, the class was filled with students. I concluded in my mind that most of them weren't ready to come up yet and most likely, the Prefects were taking their positions around the campus, ready to send students out of the class as soon as Lase rings that bell. Nonetheless, I was very much happy that the class was empty.

I wasn't ready for round two of what I faced outside. I could still feel their words, the reminder of what I had lost, penetrated my skin like bullets.

"It's fine, Semeeha," I muttered as I took my seat, taking my bag from Dawn to swing over the wooden arm of my chair. I said it was fine but whatever this was, it was a far cry from fine.

"It's not fine. They are an insensitive set of people that are just trying to chase clout using the tragic event that happened to you. What kind of mentality is that?!" Semeeha was seething, it was all over her face. In as much as she meant well, a reminder of what happened to me was the last thing I needed.

It reminded me of the parts I played in that event.

And the guilt started sipping in again.

"Semeeha!" Dawn called a bit harshly, stopping Semeeha's rambling. "She honestly doesn't need this right now." She told Semeeha who kept quiet immediately, flashing me an apologetic look.

"I don't want to talk about this again," I told them. "I just want to start afresh," I added and they nodded in understanding.

Turning to glance at the entrance of the door, I expected Jidenna to walk in any minute now. If he was lurking in the corners that led to the hallway, that meant he was coming to class. But if he was avoiding me like I felt he was, he must have decided against coming to class.

Why is he avoiding me? We are supposed to do this together.

The bell went off, drawing me out of my thoughts. That's was the warning bell for assembly.

"That's my cue to leave," Dawn said, jumping down from the table she had been seated on before turning to look at me, concern all over her face. "You'll be okay, yeah?" She asked. Before I could reply to her, Semeeha beat me to it.

"Of course she'll be okay. I'd be here with her." She stated, a grin stretching across her face as she pulled her seat close to mine. Dawn looked between us, watching Semeeha skeptically.

"Fine." She breathed out, coming close to me to hug me and I buried my face in her soft torso. Dawn gave the best hugs. She was like a teddy bear I could cuddle with, that's why I never hesitated to hug her whenever she offered it.

"I'll see you both on the assembly. You have fifteen minutes to get settled. Semeeha," Dawn turned to the slimmer girl. "Please, help her get settled."

"Why do you always talk to me like I'm a child?" Semeeha asked, a slight frown gracing her face and Dawn rose her hands in mock surrender. From her tone, I couldn't tell if she was really upset or just playing upset. There was nothing to be upset about since what Dawn said was rather harmless.

"I'm just saying because you can get carried away with so much talking. Forget the fact that you are in SS3, you have to make it to assembly. Only Hilary has an excuse to stay out of the assembly." With that, Dawn blew a kiss and sashayed out of the classroom.

At that same moment, my classmates began to troop in, bringing all the rowdiness with them. I shrunk in my seat, hoping that they wouldn't notice me or if at least they did, they wouldn't pay attention to me. Semeeha noticed my discomfort and snuggled closer to me.

Thankfully, no one paid attention to me and I was able to breathe very well. My eyes glanced again at the door, watching my classmates walk in, hoping Jidenna would also walk in with them to at least drop his bag before going to his duty post but I was disappointed yet again.

I need to speak to him.

I need him to tell me why he has been avoiding me.

"What are you thinking about?" Semeeha's soft voice invaded my thoughts and I turned away from the door to look at her. She was already arranging my books into my locker, I was so carried away that I didn't notice.

"Hmmn?" She prodded further, looking away from the books she was arranging, and turned to me, her expression questioning. That's was when I remembered that she had asked me a question.

"Nothing." I quickly answered, flashing her the smallest reassuring smile I could muster. "I'm not thinking about anything." Semeeha stared at me doubtingly and I knew she didn't buy my lie.

"You are allowing them to get to you." She stated openly, referring to what had happened in the hallway. Although that wasn't what I was thinking about, she wasn't wrong either.

"You shouldn't allow them to get to you, Hilary." She told me, her voice holding some sort of depth to emphasize what she was telling me. I sighed, shaking my head.

"You don't understand..." I started to say.

"I understand just fine." She cut me off and I kept quiet. "I understand that you are moved by the things they say, that it all affects you. But I need you to know that you shouldn't get affected by words from people that are not even in your class, people that mean absolutely nothing." She bit out, her tone sharp.

It has always been about class with Semeeha. She held the social hierarchy of this school in high esteem and she hated when someone broke the status quo. At Crestview, things were supposed to go a certain way according to her, one of which was what we were talking about. To her, I was letting the lower class have an effect on me, which wasn't supposed to be.

But it wasn't possible.

How was I supposed to pretend that these little things didn't affect me?

I am, after all, human.

"You are a top dog at Crestview, Hilary." She continued and I looked on, listening to her. "You are not supposed to allow just anything to get to you. You are supposed to be strong-willed. A lot of people expect that from you and if you are strong-willed, all these won't be able to get to you. Do you hear me?"

But I wasn't strong-willed.

I've never been strong-willed.

And now? I wasn't going to pretend to be.

Semeeha had no idea what I was going through, that's why she was talking this way. I wouldn't fault her for anything though. No one understood.

"Do you hear me?" She repeated her question when I didn't respond to her and I opened my mouth, wanting to reply to her when someone walked into the class, stopping the words from coming out of my mouth. The entire class stood still and stared as he walked into the class.

Simisola Jordan.

So he got promoted with us? I couldn't help the thought from sipping into my mind.

"Don't be so surprised he got promoted. We were all shocked too." Semeeha whispered to me like she had heard my thoughts. I hummed in response, my eyes not leaving the guy as he strode further into the class, clad in his complete school uniform like always, and moved down the walkway by my left.

If at all he knew that everyone was staring at him, he didn't act like it. He just walked towards his seat at the back corner of the class. I wasn't so surprised his seat was located there. For as long as I have been in a class with him, he always sat in that corner, right beside the window that gave a clear view of the stadium.

I watched him swing his bag on the armrest of his chair, shifting the seat in a more suitable position for me fire sitting down. As soon as he settled in his seat, wore his headphone, and turned to stare out the window, everyone went about their merry businesses. I looked away from him, back at Semeeha to see her still staring at him.

"He's lucky he's hot." She muttered, still staring at Simi. "That's the only good thing about him, honestly." She added, finally looking away from him and turning to me. I didn't make any comment to what she said, finishing the arrangement of my books into my locker.

Though I didn't appreciate the way Semeeha had put it, she wasn't lying. He was good-looking, very handsome in fact, but that was it.

Simi wasn't exactly who you'd call a smart guy. He hardly spoke to anyone, keeping to himself a lot - though, I've seen him a few times with Gigi. He hardly pays attention in class because his mind keeps drifting away. Not to mention, he was poor academically. We all knew that because he was supposed to be two classes ahead of us.

Yes, he's supposed to be our two years senior.

But contrary to what Semeeha had said about his hotness being the only good thing about him, I knew something else that was good - no, perfect about him.

He was the best swimmer in the entire school.

A Gold Medalist.

A Sports Pro.

In as much as the school wouldn't want someone that isn't academically sound being the face of the Crestview Swim Team, they had no choice when it came to Simi. He was that good. I knew because we were on the swim team together.

Funny how we have never spoken.

The final bell for assembly went off, and all my classmates started rushing out of the class to make it to the assembly on time. I suddenly began to contemplate whether to go for assembly or not. Going for assembly meant seeing all my set mates and that would spark something up again.

I have had enough for one day.

"Are you coming?" Semeeha asked and I looked to see that she had already gotten to the door of the classroom, ready to go out.

"Go without me," I told her, trying to let my voice sound as natural as possible. Semeeha eyed me skeptically and I forced a smile. "I'll be right behind you, I promise," I assured, lying through my teeth. She nodded and walked out of the class, leaving me.

I let out a sigh, deciding finally that I wasn't going to the assembly but would take a walk to clear my head. So, I picked my phone from the top of my table and shoved it into the pocket of my skirt, standing up from my seat to leave. It was when I started hearing soft taps on a desk that I realized I wasn't the only one in class. I looked back and found Simisola still seated on his chair, eyes staring out the window.

So, he's skipping assembly too.

As if he felt someone was staring at him, his head turned sharply towards my direction and his eyes met mine. Normally, I'd have looked away because I hated when people caught me staring at them, but this time I decided to hold his gaze, trying to look as intimidating as he did.

You are making a fool of yourself, Hilary. I told myself, though still holding his gaze.

When he cocked his head to the side, as if to ask why I was staring at him, I quickly looked away and rushed out of the class, wanting nothing more but to get away from that tensed environment. Another last thing I wanted right was to feel tension for any reason.

All I needed was fresh air and space.

With my hands shoved into the pocket of my blazer, I took short but fast careful steps through the hallway that led to my class. Assembly had finished twenty minutes ago but I lost track of time, taking a walk around the stadium to clear my head. When I had realized that time had gone, I began to make my way back to the senior's block, hoping I wasn't late for the first period.

But when I saw that the hallway was back to its rowdy self, with a few of my classmates by the pavement, I was relieved. Class had not started.

I made sure to keep my head down, trying to blend into the small crowd that had gathered in a balcony but it was no use because the crowd wasn't big enough to cover me. Still, I kept moving, trying to act oblivious to the stares I felt burning into my skin.

These people should just stop.

"Hilary," a familiar deep voice called to me and I sighed, my lips stretching into an automatic smile. I turned around, coming face to face with Kizito as he made his way towards me.

"Kizi," I called, feeling nothing short of delighted to see him in person. His lips spread in a wide grin as he got to me, pulling me in for a hug. I sighed, pressing myself against his taut body. Unlike Dawn that had a softer body, all I could feel with Kizito were muscles. But I didn't mind because it didn't make him any less of an amazing hugger.

Plus, I needed as many hugs as I could get or I'd have a mental breakdown.

"Baby girl." He muttered softly, his hands rubbing circle to my back while I snuggled closer to him, my head pressed against his upper abdomen. Yes, he was that huge.

Kizito could pass for a grown-ass man in his early twenties. People always found it hard to believe he just clocked seventeen in July.

"I'm so happy to see you," I told him, meaning every single word. Even though I had a video call with him the day before, it didn't diminish the fact that I missed him.

"I'm happy to see you too." He whispered back, pulling slightly away to have a better look at me, his gaze holding so much adoration. "I missed you so much." He said softly and my smile even stretched further.

"I missed you too." My chest felt clogged as I got overwhelmed with so many emotions. Involuntarily, my eyes began to water. I quickly sniffed it back, but Kizito had noticed, his face contorting into a frown.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his hand coming to rest on either side of my face. I shook my head, looking down to stare at my shoes. He sighed, "Hilary."

"I'm fine." I looked up at him, mustering a small smile. He didn't look convinced. "I'm really okay, Kizi. I'm just overwhelmed, that's all." I assured him.

"I'm so sorry. I should have come with the girls to get you." I shook my head, waving away his apology.

"It's fine. You were busy with your Sport Prefect duties." I teased and he chuckled, adjusting his bag strap on his shoulder.

"You are right, I was with Mr. Adeyemi. We were talking about the upcoming opening game with LIC." He affirmed and I nodded, noticing for the first time since started talking that he was in the school's customized varsity jacket.

Nobody could do the job of Sport's prefect like Kizito Alade-Martins. He was a sports pro, which was the name we gave athletes at Crestview, and was the Captain of the American Football Team. Kizito's dad was an American Football player in Texas. Rumors had it that it was because of Kizito and his father's legacy that the school started American Football.

It was a very good choice because we were sort of the pacesetters for other schools in the state starting American Football.

Apart from his sports prowess, Kizito was easily the most respected student in the entire school and this had nothing to do with his father. It was all about him and how much he had done for the school. He commanded so much respect and power, from our set mates, the entire student body, and even teachers. He unarguably had more power than the Head boy and Head girl combined. He was that respected.

And loved.

No one was as friendly as Kizito Alade-Martins.

No one was also as DEADLY as an angry Kizito Alade-Martins.

"Have you seen him today?" His deep voice pierced through my reverie and I looked at him. He didn't have to repeat his question because I heard him clearly... and I knew who exactly he was asking about so I nodded, throwing my hands around myself.

"I saw him before assembly," I told Kizito and he looked on, expecting me to go on. I sighed. "He's avoiding me," I confessed to him, not knowing what else to say. Kizito shook his head, running his palm against his face.

"I knew it." He muttered, shaking his head again before looking at me. "That coward." He choked out a humorless laugh and I sighed again.

"I need to speak to him. I need an explanation for this because I don't understand why he should be avoiding me. Not at this time. Jidenna shouldn't be avoiding me at this time." I felt my chest clog again and I tried to push the tears down.

"Do you want me to do something about it?" Kizito asked, obviously ready to do anything to fix this. But from his harsh tone, I knew he would probably get violent about it and that was the last thing I wanted on my first day.

"No. I'll handle it," I told him and he looked at me, unsure.

"Hilary, you know I'll do anything for you..."

"I know, but let me do this my way. I'll figure this out, I promise."

"Give me feedback." He instructed calmly and I nodded.

He said he had to get something downstairs, so he saw me off the front of our class before turning around, giving me his bag to carry in for him. I made it into the class just as Lase came out to ring the bell for the beginning of lessons, screaming on top of her voice as she announced to the entire school. Some of my classmates rushed in with me, making our way to settle down before the first class would start.

Jidenna wasn't in class still.

Would he skip class just to avoid me?

I met Semeeha's concerned gaze as I settled down on my seat. She was worried because I didn't make it to assembly as I had promised. I was even sure she had blown up my phone but I kept in on silent so I wouldn't know if she did.

"Where have you been?" She fired as soon as I sat down. "Dawn just left the class after we both waited for you to show up. You didn't come for assembly as promised. We were worried about you. Where did you go? Why didn't you pick your phone?" She just kept hitting me with questions.

"I just went to clear my head. I needed space" I replied her, hoping she would take a hint and wouldn't ask any more questions. After giving another worried look, she thankfully didn't ask any more questions. I sighed, making a move to bring my books out.

"Your boyfriend is here." Semeeha suddenly announced, but to my hearing only. My head shot up automatically, my eyes moving to look at the door. Semeeha wasn't wrong.

He was there alright.

Jidenna Leo Okojie.

My boyfriend

He strode into the class with a band of guys walking with him, his usual commanding aura oozing all over. His left hand was shoved into the pocket of his grey trousers, white shirt tucked in with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow and tie knotted correctly around his shirt collar. It was a simple uniform, yet he managed to look so hot in it.

A reminder of one of the reasons I was dating him in the first place.

Jidenna is HANDSOME.

Arguably the most handsome guy in our set, in the entire school even.

His right hand moved in gesticulation as he spoke to the guys around him, unconsciously... or maybe consciously showing his new golden Rolex watch. I waited for him to look in my direction. I held my breath and waited for him to look at me before he walked past me.

And he did.

But it was just for a micro-nano second.

It was almost like it never happened.

But I knew I had not imagined it.

Jidenna had looked at me and looked away immediately, going back to talk to his friends like he didn't just glance at me. And till he passed my side, settling down in his window seat just a few tables behind to my right, he didn't look at me again.

And that confused the hell out of me.

As soon as it was break time, Jidenna flew out of the class. It was no longer news that he was avoiding me, but it shocked me the length at which he went just to avoid me. It was like he didn't want to be in the same space with me. I didn't feel good about it at all.

And it's seemed like I wasn't the only one that noticed.

"Why does it seem like Jidenna is avoiding you?" Semeeha asked, turning on her seat to look at me. I was shocked that she noticed because Semeeha was never observant. But I tried not to let my expression give away my shock.

Trust me, it was pretty difficult.

"He isn't." I quickly said, cussing myself silently when I noticed I was too quick to defend. I tried to look for another convincing lie.

"You know, Head boy duties and all. He already gave me a heads up yesterday that he might be pretty busy today, but we'll still get together later." I stated, a faux smile spreading across my lips. I was proud of myself for sounding so convincing and with the way Semeeha's expression softened into understanding, I knew I had sold well.

"You guys spoke yesterday? That's good." She pouted her heavily glossed lips. "Y'all are so cute, couple goals tinz." She hyped and I found myself laughing in sarcasm.

Right now, we are not couples goal anything.

"Are you guys not going for lunch break?" Dawn's voice filled my ears and I looked to see her making her way into the class, jumping to sit on my table when she got to us, dumping her nylon of snacks beside her.

"I'm not so hungry," I told her and she nodded, turning to look at Semeeha who rose her brows in question.

"Of course not. School food is the worst." She sassed and I looked at her, awestruck.

"Then be bringing your food from home." I told her, "Besides, not everything here is junk as you claim. You paid a lot of feeding money with your school fees. You are being very wasteful."

"Thank God I'm not the only one saying it," Dawn murmured, throwing a piece of cookies into her mouth and munched on it.

Semeeha rolled her eyes, a chuckle escaping her lips.

"You guys are just being overly dramatic." She said, waving our comments away nonchalantly. "Number one, I have the money. Plus, It's not like I don't eat for an entire day. I eat before I come to school and I eat after school. I eat good and healthy cuisines at home prepared by top chefs. I'm not one to eat carbs and get fat like Dawn. I still don't understand how you can dance with that body of yours." She teased and punctuated with a laugh.

Ouch!

I looked at Dawn who had a deep frown across her face, obviously not finding what Semeeha had said funny. I didn't either.

"Number one. I'm not fat." Dawn started, her voice having some sort of controlled edge to it. She looked like she was struggling not to get angry. " All of these-" she motioned to her body, "are curves. Two, I can dance just fine with this body, thank you very much. I honestly don't appreciate your statement."

"Girl, chill." Semeeha was still laughing. "I was just joking, so don't take it personally. I'll never call you fat, just like that." She added, pouting apologetically. It wasn't an apology still.

Dawn didn't say anything after that, just kept quiet and kept eating her snacks. I looked at Semeeha, frowning at her.

"Apologize properly," I told her sternly. She opened her mouth to argue but when I shot her a look, she closed her mouth before standing up and going over to Dawn.

"Dawn, I'm sorry na." She cooed softly, nudging her slightly. Dawn only nodded, not saying anything more. Semeeha sighed, rolling her eyes. "Dawn..."

"It's all good, Honestly." Dawn cut her off, shrugging and mustering a smile. Semeeha smiled and went back to her seat. Dawn seemed to warm up after then, but her mood wasn't the same after that.

Dawn wasn't anything close to being fat. She was, by far, one of the sexiest girls in the set. The fact that she still had killer moves with that body made her iconic on several levels. Not to mention, she was multi-lingual - yes, she can speak five different languages apart from English and Yoruba fluently. Dawn Damipe Dayo was ART in a human body.

That was the only explanation for how utterly adept and proficient she was. I've never met anyone like her before.

But ever since something happened the second term of the last session, Dawn has been extremely sensitive about her body. Any reference to it whatsoever seemed like a trigger for her. Compared to second term last session, she seemed to be better. If it meant she was getting over that horrible ordeal from the last session, then I was happy for her.

"What is she doing here?" Semeeha's disdainful voice rang out, cutting our gist short. I looked at Semeeha and saw that she was staring in the direction of the door. Dawn and I followed her gaze and they fell on the Head Girl of Crestview International Academy.

Gigi Esho.

The tall girl sashayed her way into the classroom, clad in her very own customized version of the school uniform. When some girls called her name and waved at her, she outrightly ignored them, her eyes rummaging around the class. There was only one reason Gigi would come to this class but that reason wasn't in class at the moment.

When her eyes met mine, so I knew she was coming to meet me. She flipped her ponytail-packed black knotless braids and began to walk towards us. When she got to the front of my table, her lips stretched in a small smile.

"Hilary, " She called softly, her clear accent causing my name to roll sweetly from her lips and my lips stretched into a smile of their own. I have always liked it when she called my name.

"Gigi, Hi." I waved, not knowing what else to say. A whiff of her perfume filled my nostrils and I inhaled. She smelled very nice and expensive as usual.

Everything about her screamed money. From the hair on her head to her personally customized uniform, her suede wedge boots, and her iPhone which she twirled in her hand. Not to mention her flawless skin. Gigi was one of the top three prettiest girls in the set, ranked top ten prettiest girls in the whole school by popular opinion.

Not to talk of one of the most respected people in the entire school.

"Welcome back to school." Her serene voice clouded my senses, bringing me back to reality. "I'm personally glad to have you back here." She continued and my smile widened. I wanted to speak but Semeeha cut me off.

"So that you can bombard her with duties right?" She shot at Gigi, the animosity was so obvious. Dawn chided her softly but Semeeha wouldn't even pay her any heed, gaze locked with Gigi's. I, on the other hand, knew the reason Semeeha had said that.

Being the administrative prefect, AKA the general secretary of the prefects, I'm the one who does most of the work when it comes to documentation, fixing meetings, and reporting back to Gigi, Jidenna, and most especially, Principal Isaac on any matter discussed in the meetings. I enjoyed it. Gigi and Jidenna have always made it pretty easy for me. Semeeha didn't see it that way. She has always felt Gigi was just using me to do her work.

Trust Semeeha Malik to be overly dramatic.

Gigi glanced at the darker girl with an uninterested expression before she turned back to me, her lips stretching back into her sweet smile.

"I'm here to welcome you back to school." She told me, but it seemed like she was answering Semeeha indirectly. "I'm not going to sweet talk anything though. We have a lot to do this session." She added and Semeeha scoffed, muttering a subtle what did I say. I decided not to pay any attention to her, nodding my head to what Gigi had said.

"I understand," I answered.

"Are you sure you are up to it?" She asked, genuinely concerned and I nodded. I wouldn't mind keeping busy, I needed to.

"Of course. I'm definitely up for it." I answered and she nodded, smiling again.

"Good then. You are still on the prefects' group chat right?" She asked and I nodded. "Good, you'll be getting updates then. If you can't handle anything, just let me know. I'll understand, Okay?" I nodded and she smiled again, turning to Dawn.

"Dawn." She simply said, smiling in greeting.

"Gigi," Dawn responded equally, giving a smile of her own. Gigi blew a kiss and sashayed out of the class. It was after she left that I realized that she had disregarded Semeeha, like always.

And on cue...

"She's such a bitch!" Semeeha blew up, seething and annoyed. "Who the fuck does she think she is?" She rambled on, not calming down for a second.

"Semeeha, give it a rest for God's sake. You are the one that didn't mind your business... again." Dawn replied, eliciting a dramatic gasp from Semeeha.

"Are you seriously taking her side?" Semeeha fired back at Dawn, who tried to explain herself. I knew better than to get involved in the argument because I knew it would drain me. Semeeha and Gigi have never seen eye to eye since junior school - more like Semeeha has never liked Gigi.

Gigi, her real name Gloria, resumed Crestview just about the same time Semeeha did - JSS2. She was so young, yet so confident at that time. She still is. The first day she resumed, she announced to everyone after she got introduced to the class that she would rather go by Gigi, not Gloria and since then, the name stuck.

She held herself in such high esteem that seemed to attract everyone. Everyone liked her, wanted to speak to her and be her friend even though she wasn't friends with just anyone. Unlike most popular girls, Gigi didn't have a clique. She just vibed with everyone that she dimmed it fit to vibe with.

It was, however, shocking when she never vibed with Semeeha the way she vibed with Dawn and me. And Semeeha concluded that Gigi was too proud and wasn't worth her time.

Things became worse when Gigi got the post of Head girl and it seemed like Semeeha flat out hated the girl. Gigi, on the other hand, obviously didn't give two fucks.

Someone came to announce that the teachers were having a meeting, which meant a free period. Dawn and Semeeha were still arguing about what had happened with Gigi so, I used that opportunity to sneak out of the class.

I need to find Jidenna.

𝐀/𝐍

Do you like Semeeha's new picture? I know I do.😌

Mehn, Jidenna is just falling my hand anyhow. Because, I don't get why you will put so much effort into avoiding someone, not just anyone, your girlfriend! There is obviously something more to it, don't you think?

Don't worry, his POV is coming up next so you'll finally see things from his perspective. Pray he has a good explanation for his behavior and Hope he and Hilary iron things out.

Also, you guys have gotten a glimpse of Simi in Hilary's POV. I dropped a lot of hints about him in his Aesthetics, so you guys shouldn't be surprised about somethings Hilary said about him. But You'll still get to know him very well, eventually.

And Gigi! Baddest bitch on block! This bad blood between her and Semeeha ehn, I don't even wanna get started on it. What do you guys think of her?

P. S. Have you read "Obliterated Beginnings" by hanteros and "Never Enough" by _Esquell? Have you? Mehn, yah missing o if you haven't. Add both books to your library and reading list now. You won't regret it one bit. Trust me na😏.

So, that's it for today. I'll see you guys by weekend... Or next week. I don't know🌚. Sha, don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

50.5K 5.9K 55
*** Why are you still here Mr Wellington?" I asked as I clutched my bathrobe to cover my body well. I don't want the scenario of my bathrobe falling...
6.9K 715 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
121K 25.1K 37
A Nigerian Teen-Fiction. Zaria Coker had every reason to be called perfect; Straight As, awesome friends, and a face that can make anyone bend to her...
36.2K 8.5K 58
"Sarauniya!" I said almost loudly but not enough for my friend Bilal to hear, "who is she?" "Aaliyah. She's the late Alhaji Mujib's daughter. " Bila...