Angel in the Courtyard [Book...

By ammorning

Sequel to Devil on the Rooftop! I highly recommend you tackle the first book before reading the synopsis belo... More

Prologue Part 1
Chapter 1 - Khaleel
Chapter 2 - Arisa
Chapter 3 - Khaleel
Chapter 4 - Arisa
Chapter 5 - Khaleel
Chapter 6 - Arisa
Chapter 7 - Khaleel
Chapter 8 - Arisa
Chapter 9 - Khaleel
Chapter 10 - Arisa
Chapter 11 - Khaleel
Chapter 12 - Arisa
Chapter 13 - Khaleel
Prologue Part 2
Chapter 14 - Tomasia
Chapter 15 - Arisa.
Chapter 16 - Khaleel
Chapter 17 - Tomasia
Chapter 18 - Arisa
Chapter 19 - Khaleel
Chapter 20 - Tomasia
Chapter 21 - Arisa
Chapter 22 - Khaleel
Chapter 23 - Tomasia
Chapter 24 - Arisa
Chapter 25 - Khaleel
Chapter 26 - Tomasia
Chapter 27 - Arisa
Chapter 28 - Khaleel
Chapter 29 - Tomasia
Chapter 30 - Arisa
Chapter 31 - Khaleel
Prologue - Part 3
Chapter 32 - Loyal
Chapter 33 - Tomasia
Chapter 34 - Arisa
Chapter 35 - Khaleel
Chapter 36 - Loyal
Chapter 37 - Tomasia
Chapter 38 - Arisa
Chapter 39 - Khaleel
Chapter 40 - Loyal
Chapter 41 - Tomasia
Chapter 42 - Arisa
Chapter 43 - Khaleel
Chapter 44 - Loyal
Chapter 45 - Tomasia
Chapter 46 - Arisa
Chapter 47 - Khaleel
Chapter 48 - Loyal
Chapter 49 - Tomasia
Chapter 50 - Arisa
Chapter 51 - Khaleel
Chapter 52 - Loyal
Chapter 53 - Tomasia
Chapter 54 - Arisa
Chapter 55 - Khaleel
Chapter 56 - Loyal
Chapter 57 - Tomasia
Chapter 58 - Arisa
Chapter 59 -Khaleel
Chapter 60 - Loyal
Chapter 61 - Tomasia
Chapter 62 - Arisa
Chapter 63 - Khaleel
Chapter 64 - Loyal
Chapter 65 -Tomasia
Chapter 66 - Arisa
Chapter 67 - Khaleel
Chapter 68 - Loyal
Chapter 69 - Tomasia
Chapter 70 - Arisa
Chapter 71 - Khaleel.
Chapter 72 - Loyal
Chapter 73 - Tomasia
Chapter 74 - Arisa
Chapter 75 - Khaleel
Chapter 76 - Loyal
Chapter 77 - Tomasia
Chapter 78 - Khaleel
Chapter 79 - Arisa
Chapter 80 - Loyal
Chapter 81 - Tomasia
Chapter 82 - Arisa
Chapter 83 - Khaleel
Chapter 84 - Loyal..
Chapter 85 - Tomasia
Chapter 86 - Arisa
Chapter 87 - Khaleel
Chapter 88 - Loyal
Chapter 89 - Tomasia
Chapter 90 - Arisa
Chapter 91 - Khaleel
Chapter 92 - Loyal
Chapter 93 - Tomasia
Chapter 94 - Arisa
Chapter 95 - Khaleel
Chapter 96 - Loyal
Chapter 97 - Tomasia
Chapter 98 - Arisa
Chapter 99 - Khaleel
Chapter 101 - Tomasia
Chapter 102 - Arisa
Chapter 103 - Khaleel
Chapter 104 - Loyal
Chapter 105 - Tomasia
Chapter 106 - Arisa
Chapter 107 - Khaleel
Chapter 108 - Loyal
Chapter 109 - Tomasia
Chapter 110 - Arisa
Chapter 111 - Khaleel
Chapter 112 - Arisa
Chapter 113 (Special) - Khaleel
Epilogue 1 - Tomasia
Epilogue 2 - Loyal

Chapter 100 - Loyal

213 17 2
By ammorning

Mr. Hermans scared Khaleel's cousins off school grounds before things could escalate even further. Since their vehicle got stolen, they had no choice but to bolt on foot, which was a pretty funny sight to see.

I was able to find the freshman Khaleel used as a punching bag after school and forced some answers out of him. Everyone was under the impression that the kid was talking shit about Arisa and that's what provoked the delinquent. In reality, it had nothing to do with her, or Khaleel. The freshman in question was talking shit about me, my sister, and our family drama. He somehow found out I took my parents to court and got caught gossiping about it to the other students.

Khaleel immediately took action and beat him to the bloody pulp. It was so embarrassing to hear. I couldn't stand it. How was that guy always ready to risk suspension for me, while all I could do was hesitate during his time of need? It was beyond messed up and it made me feel like a really shitty friend.

Hino tried to reach the couple through phone but neither of them answered his texts or calls. I had so many questions for Khaleel. Why were his cousins working for his old man? How long had they been in the city? Why didn't he tell us about them sooner?

"We should head for the condo," Hino suggested as we left the nurse's office. The freshman was bed-ridden since the morning. Apparently, he was too afraid to go home and tell his parents what happened. No shit. Even if his folks decided to sue, as soon as they learned who Khaleel's father was, the whole thing would be swept under the rug. Very quietly.

"Condo is probably our best bet," I said, agreeing with Hino. The only one who could give us the answers we wanted was Kumar. It was naive to waltz into Heston Circle with the possibility of running into Papa Abdul, however, that was something we would just have to risk.

I called one of my family drivers to escort us, but to my surprise, Tomasia was already occupying the backseat when we got picked up. I hurried inside and forced her to give me the middle spot while Hino claimed the window seat.

"What are you doing?" I asked my sister. I noticed she wasn't in her uniform today. She was wearing a dark pant-suit instead with sneakers.

"I could ask you the same question," Tomasia replied, eyeing my injuries. "Your first day back and you're already up to your old tricks."

I rolled my eyes. "Why don't you go on with your day? Hino and I have more important things to do than hear a lecture."

"Like heading for Heston Circle?" she asked. "Zander told me all about it."

Hino piped up. "This is why I said we can't trust that idiot with anything anymore."

He then stuck his head out to look at Tomasia. "Khaleel's in trouble," Hino went on. "We need to see his uncle and get some answers about this morning. You're more than welcome to come along if you like. Otherwise, could you excuse us?"

"What he said," I supported.

"I'm not going to excuse myself because I'm afraid if I do then one of you will end up in a ditch somewhere. And the other will end up in jail avenging him."

I took a deep breath in hopes of not lashing out at my little sister. "Please proceed to Heston Circle," I told the driver. "Take the shortest route if you don't mind."

"Yes sir," came the firm reply.

Tomasia checked her watch. "It's almost five. What have you two been doing since school ended?"

"Interrogating people," Hino smiled.

My sister raised her brow.

"I'm pretty sure Khaleel is not answering his phone in fear of his old man tracking it," I concluded. "He probably told Arisa to do the same. So, interrogation was our only option."

"I'm not questioning your method."

"Liar."

Tomasia glared daggers at me.

By the time we got to condo, it was close to five thirty. We hopped out of the car, and rushed to the front doors, and beeped for Kumar to let us inside.

There was no answer.

"Shit," Hino cursed.

"No, wait, look!" Tomasia pointed.

Luck was on our side. A couple was heading out for the evening, and they graciously allowed us into the lobby. The double doors were about to close when a fashionable woman behind me strategically stopped them with her heel. I stared up at her in complete awe. It wasn't just her moves that were impressive, or the menacing expression she was wearing. It was that she looked like a grown-up Arisa Hoffman.

The woman flipped her blond hair as I nervously held the door open for her. She marched right by me and said, "Thanks kid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 41.5K 32
"Daddy?" "No, he is not your da-" "Well hello, there little baby." ❀❀❀ Phoebe and her daughter Echo were an interesting pair. Always clinging to...
4.9M 126K 88
"I'm asking to marry your daughter for 1 billion dollars." what would you think if a random stranger asked to take you away from your parents? Eve t...
98.2K 6.3K 65
Eyz Miracle Sarino is a badass. She punched and kicked. Fighting is her hobby. Slap her and she will punch you. Curse her and she will kick you. Bec...
6.9M 163K 52
Book 1 of HIS series Cara is tired of being a booty call to the billionaire playboy Quinn. So she comes up with a plan to make him hers. To the outs...