CRIMSON LILY [To Be Published...

dandelionsandmadness

To Be Published Under PAPERINK. EDITED VERSION. *** Elisse Eveningstar has been living her life to please her... Еще

CRIMSON LILY
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER
AUTHOR'S NOTE
PRE-ORDER ANNOUNCEMENT

CHAPTER 30

2.3K 104 4
dandelionsandmadness

I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT they were watching me as I cried earlier. Or maybe it did not matter that much to me if someone saw me wailing like that. I chuckled. I shouldn't let things go as they are.

Father, Eclipse, and the Eveningstar knights came to fetch us. We were in the villa of the third prince when they came.

Father kept on checking on us by asking us questions, but I remained silent. Caspian was the one answering them. I ignored the three of them and stared outside the window of the carriage.

Maybe in time, I would be free as a bird. I would be able to spread my wings and escape this cage that binds me with my desire to be loved.

Solace on the other hand, was nowhere to be found. He was still there before I passed out, but when I woke up, he was nowhere to be seen.

I sighed softly as I remembered what happened in the prince's villa. My hand instinctively touched my left eye. It was now covered with soft bandages.

I could feel the sympathizing gaze from my father and my two brothers. They must be thinking how sad I am for losing my eyes, but the truth was, I could feel something blooming on it.

I tried to hide the small smirk forming on my lips by covering my lower face using my hand. I wanted to unbind it right away and check the change for myself. But I held the urge and sat still. I should wait until we get home.

We soon arrived at the mansion. And the first thing I heard were footsteps approaching us. It must be Eilisha and the other servants.

"Father! Brothers!" Her annoyingly sweet voice invaded my ears as she ran down the stairs.

I reflexively rolled my eyes and turned away from them. It would be wrong to think ill of her since she was just controlled by the prince, but I choose to blame her for my lost left eye.

"Elisse!" I only shook my head when she called me. I didn't bother sparing her a glance and just proceeded to go to my room.

I could hear the servants whispering on the side. It must be because of my rudeness towards this sister of mine. Oh, well.

"Let's allow your sister to be alone for a while." I heard father say.

It's not that I'm acting out again, I just don't feel the need to be nice to anyone anymore. I'm fed up with the things that happened to me.

Servants were lining up outside my room. They seemed like the servants who were serving Eilisha when she was still under the prince's control.

"Leave, all of you, except for this young servant," I ordered, pointing at the red-headed maid.

She blinked and quickly took a step forward. Marina wasn't around yet, so I needed someone as her substitute.

"My name is Luna–" I quickly cut her off.

"I didn't allow you to speak."

She quickly moved a step back and lowered her head. "I apologize, my lady."

"Why are you treating her roughly, Elisse?" It was that same annoyingly sweet voice of Eilisha.

I turned to her. She looked like a lost puppy drenched in the rain with those downturned eyes of hers.

"Don't bother me," I scowled at her.

I went inside my room and slammed it shut. I should just take care of myself alone.

"Elisse! Father asks you to join us for dinner!" Eilisha shouted eagerly from the other side of the door. What a persistent little mouse.

Instead of answering her, I went to the bathroom in my room. I assumed that since there were servants lining up outside earlier, they should have already prepared me a bath to use. And I was right.

The steam coming from the tub was still visible. I undressed myself, leaving my clothes on the floor. I smiled as I stepped inside the tub. The temperature of the water was so comforting that it was slowly relieving my fatigue.

I should join them for dinner. I must ask something to him anyway. I just returned, but I don't feel like I will be able to stay here comfortably any longer. A sudden decision for a much more comfortable life for me.

I finished my bath quickly then I wrapped my body with the huge towel hanging beside the tub. I went back to my bedroom as I dried myself up.

I was able to wash my face properly this time since I removed the bandage on my face. There were no scars nor wounds that I felt when I was cleaning my face. So, I wondered how I would look.

My left hand landed against the firm surface of the mirror. I was a little surprised and at the same time amazed at the reflection I was seeing.

It seemed like my left eye regenerated, but it looked different now. My sclera was now black, my iris red and my pupil black and sharp. A demon eye that's the same as my brother, Solace.

"I have an odd eye," I whispered to myself.

I couldn't help but laugh as I picked a velvet dress from my wardrobe. Despite the regeneration, I will still need to cover it. I don't want to show people that I'm a demon myself.

With the bandages I found in my room, I tried copying the bandage wrap that the doctor did around my left eye earlier. It looked clumsy, but my eye was properly covered, so I guess that's fine for now. I should ask for a personalized eye patch for myself.

I let my hair down and once I was done dressing up, I went outside. I arched an eyebrow when I saw the young servant I left outside. She was still standing in front of my room, possibly waiting for me.

"You should go now," I said, making her flinch. She looked surprised to see me fully dressed.

"Y-Your bandage is not properly done, m-my lady," She spoke. She was about to approach me closer and help me with my bandage, but I stepped backward.

"I said go," I repeated, clicking my tongue in irritation.

I was shaking my head as I left her. Aside from Marina and Scarlet, I really hate it when somebody else touches me.

The walk to the dining hall was silent, finally. I could not see any other servants lining up outside when I reached the door of the dining hall, for which I was thankful.

As always, they were already waiting in the dining hall, talking happily with one another. Again, I'm not really the tardy one here, they are just too early. I curtsied before I finally entered.

The seat that I usually sat onto was now taken by Eilisha. I only stared at her and instead of taking a seat on the empty chair beside her, I went to approach father.

The happy faces they had before I entered the dining hall disappeared because of my weird behavior.

"Is there something wrong, Elisse?" Father asked worriedly.

Yes, there is. I felt like I had been betrayed because of this little girl's arrival. I wanted to say that, but that would make me pathetic.

"I think I'll skip dinner, father. I only came here to tell you that I wish to leave the house."

I could hear their silver utensils falling on their plates. And then Caspian's loud voice echoed in the hall.

"But Elisse! We just came back here! Why do you have to be–"

"To be so cold? So selfish? So what? I'm doing this for myself." I cut him off. "And besides, you already found your favorite sister, so why are you bothering with my decisions?"

"Elisse," father called, and I turned to look at him. "Your brother's right. You just came back here, why don't you rest for a while, hmm?" He suggested.

I smiled at him. "My apologies. You must have misunderstood," I said as I started walking back to the door. "I wasn't asking for anyone's approval. I'm leaving with or without anyone's consent."

I know it was sudden for them, but I have beenpreparing for this for the last few months. And I have accumulated enough moneyand assets for myself. I should now perform the goal I had before.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

3.9K 137 20
[BOOK 1/2] The story about a girl who fell into Wonderland was repeated hundreds of years later. A poor girl falls into a hole in London on a full mo...
11.4M 152K 10
*completed NOW A PUBLISHED NOVEL!* An ancient Cursed bloodline, a world-crossed romance, tyrant kings, a princess with dragon wings, a forbidden love...
885K 41.2K 143
Who knew the 21st century feared assassin, The Black Dragon would crossover to become the arrogant daughter of the Glacies Duke? Artemis Ray, 23, wa...
17.8K 865 28
TO BE EDITED. *** Eris Belladonna was a child born the same day as God's prophecy. She was blessed with beauty and an immense amount of divinity that...