It's Okay, Draco

By thelaraofc

'She was his, and he was hers, now for eternity' All the Harry Potter characters contained belong to J.K Roll... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Epilogue

Chapter 17

3.2K 57 1
By thelaraofc

The day of the final task arrived like a flash throught my eyes, I had very little interest in going anyway, everything is been a mess lately, Draco's got colder, Matthew been more distant than ever, and Charlotte barely smiles when speaks to me, sometimes I even think she only speaks with me for pity or sorrow.

Matthew sometimes even skipped dinner with me, leaving me alone in a table full of Slytherins, with no friends to speak with.

But I didn't felt bad about that, I prefer being alone rather than have to be eating while avoiding each other, it was almost as the same as being alone anyways.

In the day of the final task we didn't had any classes, but to be honest, I had no patience for celebrations and tournaments at this moment, however, I went with Charlotte to the Quidditch pitch.

It was different, a high hedge all around the way of the benchs full of people, the band playing music as we waited for the champions to appear.

My gaze went through all the crowd, until stopped at the sight of the boy with platinum hair.

He was cheering for Viktor Krum, with Blaise and Pansy by his side, Crabbe and Goyle sat on Blaise's right side, cheering as well.

He was smiling, that's what I most noticed, he was clapping even more when Krum stepped in the pitch, with a small flag, on his hand supporting him.

He was just a few seats far away from me, he didn't noticed me staring he was too focused on what was happening beneath our eyes, and so I did the same.

"Deep within the maze, there's is the Triwizard Cup, only Mr. Moody is known of it's position..." Said Dumbledore loudly to all of us. "Now as Mister Diggory, and Mister Potter, are tied in first position, they'll be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mister Krum, and Miss Delacour." A lot of people cheered at them, I was just, carelessly clapping, bothered to be here.

"The first champion to touch the cup will be the winner!" Shouted Dumbledore, and then stepping closer to the four champions, whispering to them.

The band started playing again, as Harry and Cedric waited for the sound of the canon so they could step in the huge maze, and which by the size of it, made me realize I would be here bothered for a long time.

They stepped inside, vanishing in the darkness of the maze's path, and the two entrances they stepped closed.

Not longer after, the canon sounded again, and Krum stepped into the maze, followed, a few minutes after by Fleur, and all the four entrances of the maze were now closed.

Bored by how silent and unmoved everything was, I decided myself to look at Draco again, who happened to be already staring at me, cold eyes and a firm, death expression as he did so.

We kept eye contact between each other for a long time, lost in each other's gazes, almost like a contest to see who would fall to their kness at the other godless, golden eyes.

But I didn't dared to look away neither did he, tantalized by his mesmerizing grey eyed, completely lost within them, in the river shivering beneath them, watching the boy I saw once, just for a deep strong moment, until he looked himself away in his burning cage.

Only when Fleur appeared on the field after the announcement of her giving up, and we all turned our gazes there, breaking our strong eye contact.

We never caught eye again for the rest of the tournament, and after a few moments of Fleur returning, Krum lost as well, leaving only Cedric and Harry the only ones at the maze.

The moon had already appeared on the dark sky, and yet, no sight of them, as the light of the day was replaced by the light of the moon.

After a few hours, the nightfall already covering all our bodies as the hard wind kisses our bodies harshly, they appeared, together, Harry and Cedric.

Everybody cheered when they arrived along withthe cup, the band started playing a song again, but I noticed something wrong while I was clapping my hands standing on my feet.

Cedric wasn't moving, and Harry seemed nothing but cheerful.

A scream.

Fleur has screamed when caught eye of Cedric's body on the ground, as I quickly noticed he wasn't blinking, or breathing even, something terrible has happened when I saw Harry was actually crying hugging Cedric instead of partying with him for their victory...

Cedric was death.

Dumbledore imediatly ranned all the way to Harry, trying to take him away from Cedric's death body, but he didn't let him to.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort is back!" Harry said, and I flinched at the hear of that name, as did everybody else. "Cedric he asked me to bring his body back!" Harry was sobbing intensely. "I couldn't leave him! Not there!" He was crying over Cedric's death body, Dumbledore trying to calm him down, when Amos Diggory, Cedric's father, shoved past all of us, running into his son, hoping ot would all be a lie.

But he stopped when saw his son's body, layed on the floor, lifeless, already gotten pale, his eyes wide open, making it all way worse than already was.

I saw Draco get worried as well, watching carefully the scene, looking concerned as well as I was.

"That's my son!" He shouted already in tears, kneeling before his son's dead body. "That's my boy! My boy!" Amos was sobbing intensely along with Harry, both hugged to Cedric's lifeless body.

"Lara, I don't think we want to watch this." Said Charlotte, gently grabbing my arm as both of us had tears in our eyes due to Amos screaming and sobbing to his son death. "This is too intense, let's go back to our dorm." She said calmly, her eyes red as mine, pulling us both from that horrible and traumatizing scene, a father lost his son is such and unbearable and unexplainable pain, that no one should deserve to experience it.

{☆~☆}

I woke up with an huge headache in the morning, the flashes from last night didn't left my mind, Amos and Harry's screams haunted my dreams into nightmares, echoing in every inche of my mind.

Charlotte was still asleep, so I took the chance to go to the Astronomy Tower, the only place that could ever take away this deep feeling craving inside of me.

The orange sky was astonishing to see, the soon appearing at the dawn of light as the moon faded within it.

"You're here." A male voice said coldly behind me, and I looked over my shoulder to catch Draco's diamond eyes glued on me. "I saw your friend looking for you, I soon realized I would found you here." He said firmly, slowly stepping closer to where I was sat.

"I needed to relax my mind, that was too much last night, and this place calms me down." I said softly, turning my gaze at the dawn of the light.

"Today's Diggory's funeral, Dumbledore will make him a tribute in his honor in the Great Hall in one hour." He said calmly, looking at the sun rising from the unknown.

"I know, that's why I'm here, I wanted to get my mind clear." I said softly, letting the morning wind gently lift my hair off my shoulders.

"And...are you okay?" He asked in a firm tone. "You seemed a bit disturbed with what happened last night." He said, looking down at his lap.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but it was a bit of a shock to see somebody lost his own and only son." I said calmly, remembering the flashes and screams from the previous night.

"Yeah, it is shocking." He said, nodding his head in agreement.

"And you? Are you okay, Draco." I asked softly, driving gaze off the sun to look at him.

"Me?!" He pointed at himself, as if the answer was in front of my eyes. "Yeah, of course I'm fine, it was just like you said, a bit shocking of seeing that scene." He aid calmly, locking his gaze with mine.

We stared at each other from Merlin's know how much time, it seemed no matter what, our eye contact was unbreakable by outside distractions.

"We should probably going back inside, you should get ready." He said after a few seconds of feeling the warm breeze in our cheeks.

There was no tables for each house, instead they were all mixed between each other, all together as one.

"Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and, most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend." Said Dumbledore calmly to all of us. "Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort!" Dumbledore said loudly. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain, we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, and reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest, and brave and true, right to the very end."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 75 54
It's not exactly love at first sight when Lara meets the infamous Draco Malfoy. Lara was a new student at Hogwarts, fresh meat as he would like to sa...
243K 6.2K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
53.7K 1.2K 47
The life of a girl who felt she was second best to everyone but one day a secret is revealed and she finds out she isn't where she belongs. Follow In...
201K 2.3K 18
«𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 π’Šπ’” π’π’Šπ’‡π’† π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰π’π’–π’• 𝒂 π’π’Šπ’•π’•π’π’† π’“π’Šπ’”π’Œ?Β» πŸ…#44 in fantasticbeasts (july 2021) Imagines for the Harry Potter film series. (Co...