Blood Oath | ANY #2

Od ATHENA_AKI

The dragons have finally gathered under the rule of the Red King, Hiryuu's reincarnation Yona. But now, it is... Více

Prologue
Phoenixa | CH 1
Stranger | CH 2
Banter | CH 3
Mischievous | CH 4
Shu-Ten | CH 6

Oath | CH 5

571 38 12
Od ATHENA_AKI

Rue and Zeno sit around the fire as the others sleep. Yona and Yun in the tent as usual while the others were sleeping as well.

"Can I ask you something Vere– I mean, Rue?" Zeno suddenly spoke up, his voice hushed.

"Yeah, go on."

"Do you ever regret what you did back the-"

"Zeno." She stopped him.

"I apologise. That was out of context." Zeno said with a soft smile.

"No, I don't regret it Zeno." She spoke after a moment of pause. "We both know that back then that was the only choice. Only way out."

"You were the only one who sacrificed though. You went through it alone even though we wanted to help you."

"Zeno, did you forget?" She looked at him with a smile. A real smile.

"While you are the shield of the Red Dragon, I am the shield of the dragons. The only Red Dragon whom I have, had, sworn my loyalties as Hiryuu. No one else." She finished.

"Then Yona-" Zeno paused in realization.

"Yes, you finally understood. I have not sworn allegiance to her. And I never will to anyone else. My loyalty lies with you and the dragons of the myth. No one else will ever be worthy of it. Not even this girl, whom you call Yona, the rebirthed Hiryuu."

"Hiryuu has long left us Zeno, it's merely his blood and soul that flows with her. His spirit and heart have long left."

Rue said with a grim smile as she crushed the flower that was in her hands.

"You've changed." Zeno said as she finished.

"It was the only thing I could do after I lost everyone and everything." Her eyes looked into his blue ones, as Zeno felt his heart pain at the dullness in her eyes.

"I wish to go back. I wish to go back home, Zeno." She said as she wrapped her arms around one of his hands and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"I understand it all too well." He said as he placed a hand upon her own.

They were the only ones left in this wretched world. Two mortals who now carried a curse to live forever. Their home, their family gone as they only have each other to hold now.

One knew not that this curse was upon him.

One took this curse upon herself willingly.

"Shu-ten you bastard!"

A loud yell echoed through the corridors as laughter rang out as well. A male ran through the hallways as a black haired girl chased after him with a red aura.

Palace servants moved away to the sides as they hadn't wishes to be involved in their banter. Some chuckled, some sighed while some just watched in amusement.

"What is with this commotion?" Abi said as he peeked out of his room window.

His golden eyes watched as Shu-ten ran past his window and soon a split second later, Verena ran past as well. He rose an eyebrow before sighing.

"Hiryuu they are fighting again!" Zeno yelled as his voice echoed through the castle walls.

"Again?" Hiryuu said as he placed the shōgi piece upon the board.

"Isn't already the eighth time this week?" Gu-en groaned as he once again lost in the game.

"Perhaps you should stop them." Abi said as he slipped into the room.

"Greetings Hiryuu."

"Hello Abi."

"I think they'll be fine." Hiryuu smiled.

That was when it became silent. While Hiryuu smiled, Gu-en and Abi exchanged concerned glances knowing it wasn't normal for it to become silent all of a sudden.

"See they're fine-"

"HIRYUU SAMA THE BACK GARDEN IS ON FIRE AND LADY VERENA IS ABOUT TO KILL SHU-TEN SAMA!" A maid burst into the room with panicked eyes as smoke flew upwards and the three looked at the black smoke.

"Oh dear...." Abi said covering his mouth with his sleeves.

"That can't be good." Gu-en got up.

While Hiryuu was just frozen in stone.

"My precious castle....." That was all Hiryuu said before he crumbled.

"Hiryuu-sama!"

"Are you even surprised?"

"Have those two stopped yet?"

"Now, both of you say sorry to each other." Hiryuu said as Shu-ten and Verena sat infront of him, facing each other.

Abi, Gu-en and Zeno watched, standing from behind Hiryuu.

"Why should I apologise to this twerp?!" Shu-ten grumbled.

"Shu-ten." Hiryuu said and Shu-ten stiffened.

"I'm sorry." The green dragon apologised.

"Verena, your turn." Hiryuu looked at the girl.

"No." She said and got up.

"THIS LITTLE-" Shu-ten was about to get up but froze when a blade was held against his neck.

"Get up and you die. Know your place Shu-ten." She glared down at him, her unsheathed sword against his skin.

"Calm down Verena." Hiryuu sighed.

"I'll be leaving Hiryuu. Zeno, will you be coming?" She glanced back at the yellow haired male.

"I..." Zeno glanced at Hiryuu who nodded.

"Sure."

With that the two were gone.

"Seriously, I hate peaches Abi." Verena deadpanned as Abi placed a plate of peaches infront of her.

"I seem to have forgotten." Abi smiled mischievously.

'Did you now, you blue haired bastard?'

"Hey Abi let's go and do sword practice." She grinned and Abi paled.

"I-I'm good." Abi looked away, covering his face with his sleeves as he sweatdropped.

"Come on no-"

"Lady Phoenix! Lord Blue Dragon! Please hurry, King Hiryuu has called for the Phoenix and the Dragons to gather in the war room!" A soldier said panicked as the two stopped with their jokes and became serious.

"Thank you, we'll be going then." Abi looked at the red eyed female seemed to have the same thought.

"Hold on Abi." Verena said as Abi held onto her shoulder with one hand and all that remained in their place was gold flakes

As everyone arrived in the room, Hiryuu seemed tensed. Maps laid infront him upon the table as they gathered around.

"What happened?"

"The North-Eastern Frontier was attacked. We must leave at once." Hiryuu informed and Verena tensed.

"Did you say North-Eastern Frontier?" She said, her hand upon the hilt of her sword.

"Yes, indeed. You guys know the process. Verena will be going before us, scout the area. Abi, Gu-en, Shu-ten, Zeno, we shall leave after the signal has been delivered. If we are not able to reach there on time," Hiryuu paused and looked at Verena, infact everyone looked at her. "You shall begin protecting Kouka."

"I understand. I shall take care of everything while you arrive. I shall take your leave, Lord Hiryuu." She said seriously.

"May the heavens protect you.." Hiryuu said as she smiled coldly.

"The heavens protect those who are weak Hiryuu. I am strong and I need no protection other than the blessings of my mother, Phoenixa." Verena said before golden flakes were left in her place.

"As agitating as ever that girl I tell you." Gu-en sighed.

"Let's proceed. War is upon us." Hiryuu said and looked at the map where the enemy troops were marked.

Verena stood upon the cliff looking at the approaching enemy troops. The dawn broke and the winds blew around her as if signalling the beginning of a new end. How interesting.

"Foolish mortals, you seem to wish for death dearly. As you wish then." Her eyes flashed.

"If it's death you ask for, it is what you shall receive. For the price of this life, I have sworn to protect those whom I have taken an oath to."

She jumped down and drew her sword. Her long black hair flared behind her as if the reaper's cape and her eyes were as red as the blood that flowed within the veins.

"It's the Grimm Reaper!"

"Attack her!"

"You demon!"

"Die you monster!"

Yells rang out yet she remained calm. She was used to this, however she cared not about the opinions of others. It was the opinion of her own that she cared about. For she knew, she was much more humane than these soldiers.

Soldiers approaches from all sides as she stood upon the battlefield. One line soldier surrounded by countless enemies.

And with one single breathe out she moved.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

658K 24.1K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
119K 4.2K 95
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x
257K 8.9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
108K 856 20
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...