immortal 《number five》

נכתב על ידי avery_in_wonderland

"I thought 'Carter' was a boys name." "And I thought 'five' was a number." "That's fair." ~~~~ { Number five... עוד

INFORMATION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
A/N (not important)
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN

TWELVE

531 11 0
נכתב על ידי avery_in_wonderland

.

I didn't necessarily get along with Finn very much when we were human, and when we were vampires he was in a box for 900 years. But even then, I still cared about him immensely and it hurt when Elijah told me he died. 

As soon as the words left my noble brothers mouth, it felt like I was stabbed in the heart with a dagger. I hung up the phone without saying a word. I got the boys to leave the room, then I had a quick shower getting rid of the blood. After I finished the shower, I changed into a pair of pyjamas then went to sleep. 

ΔΔΔ

The next morning when I woke up, it was because someone was shaking me awake. When I opened my eyes, Luther's face was right in front of me. I jump back slightly, and he steps back. "Oh, good. You're up. Get dressed and meet me and the others in the living room. we have something to talk about." The ape man says than walks out the door, closing it on his way out. 

Grumbling, I get out of bed and put on a pair of blue ripped jeans, a black t-shirt, and white converse shoes. As I walk out of my room I smell coffee, so I vamp-speed down stairs and Allison gives me a cup of blood instead of Coffee.  

"Three days?" Allison asks.

"Yeah, that's what Five told me." I reply. 

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it." Klaus speaks up. "He just left out the part about how soon."

Allison sighs. "But can we trust him? I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little..." She whistles making a hand gesture to signal that she thinks he's crazy.

"He is kind strange isn't he?" I chuckle. "But, no. We can trust him. I mean, I trust him." 

"Yeah, he was pretty convincing." Luther adds. "If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those two lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."

"That's why they were after him?" Diego speaks up for the first time. 

"Yeah."

"what did Five even see?" Allison questions, with a raised eyebrow. 

Luther looks at me, begging with his eyes that I answer the question. "you guys all band together and fought against whoever was responsible." I stop speaking for a few seconds, contemplating how i tell them. "And you, ugh. How do I say this nicely? Umm, you all died." I wince at my words and the way they came out. 

After I said that, everyone started talking at once. With people talking over each other, it got loud in the room. That was until Vanya walked in, with a man at her side. Then everyone got quiet. 

"Hey." she said, catching everyone's attention. "What's going on?" 

Hesitantly Allison rippled. "It's a family matter." This statement caused me to mentally facepalm, cause I definitely wasn't part of the family.

"A family matter." Vanya repeated. "So of course you could include Carter, who isn't part of this family, but you couldn't include me."

"No, it's not like that. We were-" Luther tried to defend what Allison said, but was cut off by Vanya.         

"Don't let me interrupt." She said, before going to walk out. 

"Vanya, wait. I'll fill you in later when we're alone." Alison told her. But Vanya was having none of it.

"Please. Please, don't bother. And I won't either." She told the taller girl. 

Allison took a step back before replying. "Vanya, that's not fair." 

Vanya scoffed. "Fair? There's nothing fair about being your sister. I have been left out of everything for as long as I can remember. And now all of a sudden this 14 year-old girl shows up, and she's part of everything. And I used to think it was dad's fault, but he's dead. So it turns out you're the assholes." After that rant, she walked out of the room with her boyfriend following. 

"Ouch." I whisper, with a slight chuckle. 

"I'm gonna go find Vanya and explain." Allison tells us and starts walking away.

I speak up to stop her from leaving. "No, wait. There's no time. We need to figure out what causes the apocalypse."

Luther nods along with what I'm saying. "Now, there are loads of possibilities. Nuclear war, asteroids. But I'm thinking this is about the moon. Right? Dad must have sent me up there for a reason. And I was giving him daily updates on the conditions, I sent field samples. So the first thing we need to do is find his research." 

I scoff, and facepalm. "Oh, my, god. Are you serious? For a second I thought you were going to say something intelligent, but you had to make this about you and your father?" 

"Hold on. Hold the phone. We all died fighting this thing the first time around. Remember?" Klaus speaks up. 

"Klaus, shockingly has a point. What gives us a win this time?" Diego asks. And before I can answer the question, Five falls onto the table out of thin air.

"Holy shit!" I exclame jumping back slightly from the table. 

Klaus groans and sits up from lying on the couch. "You guys, am I still high, or do you see him, too?" 

"Idiot, where have you been?" I ask him, in almost a yell. But as he falls off the table, I go to his side and help him. "Are you alright? Who did this?"

"Irrelevant." he says, going to take the coffee cup out of my hand but I pull it back.

"Oh, no." I say with a laugh. "You're not gonna want to drink that." he nods in understanding and takes Allison's cup instead. He chugs a good amount of the coffee, then turns to us.

"So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save the world is, well us." Five says to us.

"The Umbrella Academy." Luther mumbles.

Five nods. "Yeah, plus me and Carter, obviously. So if y'all don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us? No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead. I know whos responsible for the apocalypse. This is who we have to stop." Five said, handing us a slip of paper. 

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison questions. 

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diago asks.

He drinks the rest of the coffee, then throws the cup behind him. "I don't know... yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asks. 

"I don't know." Five answers.

I sigh. "Wait, so all you know is his name? That's it?"

"That's enough." Five defends.

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkineses in the city." Diago says. 

"Well, we just better start looking, then." Five sasses.

"I'm sorry. Am I the only one that skeptical here?" Allison butts in. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"     

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics that attacked the house?" Five asked us.

"Oh, yeah. I think I remember those guys." Klaus speaks.

Diago turned to him. "Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk." 

"Yeah. Them" Five states, annoyed with the bickering. "They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of the world."

"the Temps what?" Allison asks. 

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was mean for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he must be responsible for the apocalypse."

After processing the information just given, everyone blurted out a question of their own. "Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" Allison asks.

Five shakes his head. "You know what else is insane? I look like a 13 year-old boy. Carter is over 1000 years-old, Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is insane. It always has been."

"He does have a point." I speak up, and walk over to sit beside Klaus on the couch. 

"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway." Five says.

Allison shakes her head. "But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. What makes this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?" 

"Because this time, Five and I are here. And we have the name of the man responsible." I tell her, looking right into her eyes.

Five nods in agreement. "Guys, we have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire."

"You know her name?" Allison asks, surprised.

"I do. And I'd like to live long enough to meet her." Five tells her.

"Alright. Let's get this bastard." Allison says, confidently. 

Diago spoke next. "You had me at Gerald Jenkins."

"Harold Jenkins." I correct.

"Whatever. I've already lost two people this week, I'm not losing anyone else." Diago says.

"Luther?" Five asks.

"Yeah, you go. I'm gonna stay and go through dad's files." Luther responds. "I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the moon."

"Seriously? Now you want to make the end of the world about you and dad?" Diego asks him.

"No. 'Watch for threats.' That's what he told me. You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow." Luther defended himself.

"No, we all have to stick together." Allison tells him.

"We don't have time for this. Carter are you in?" Five asks.

I get up from the couch, and walk to stand in between Five and Diego. "I've been in since you told me about the apocalypse." I tell him.

"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me." Diego says.

"Yeah. I- I'm good. I think I'll, uh... I think I'll pass, I'm... feeling a little under the weather, so, uh." Klaus says, while walking away. But before he can get to far, I stop him.

"Hey, Klaus. You'll be okay. Alright? Just drink lot's of water, and maybe have a nap, okay? Call me if you need anything. I love you." I tell him softly, giving him a hug before he leaves. 

Five, Diego, and I all walk to the front door with Allison trailing behind. As Diego opens the door, we can see a man standing their in a nicely tailored suit, about to knock on the door.    

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

152K 3.7K 115
"Try me, Five." I snapped at the idiotic excuse of a human. He smirked and put both hands in his pockets, leaning forwards. "Oh, how I would love to...
327K 10.4K 54
𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐂 | ❝pleasure is the sweetest when it's paid for by another's pain.❞ - in which eight hargreeves starts to go crazy after losi...
5.3K 75 22
After narrowly escaping the apocalypse in 2019, the Hargreeves siblings find themselves in the year of 1963. They just so happen to arrive the week P...
47.8K 1.3K 49
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭�...