Standing at the Top

By TheMysteryMan1

What if Ayanokouji Kiyotaka entered as a Class-A student? (I do not own Classroom of the Elite. Please suppor... More

Prologue
Part 1 (Volume 1)
Part 2 (Volume 1)
Part 3 (Volume 1)
Part 4 (Volume 1)
Part 5 (Volume 1)
Part 6 (Volume 2)
Part 7 (Volume 2)
Part 8 (Volume 2) and Poll Results
Part 9 (Volume 2)
Part 10 (Volume 2)
Christmas Special (Volume 7.5)
Part 11 (Volume 3)
Part 12 (Volume 3)
Readers' Creation Event
Part 13 (Volume 3)
Part 14 (Volume 3)
Part 15 (Volume 3)
Part 16 (Volume 4)
Part 17 (Volume 4)
Valentine's Special (Oneshot)
Part 18 (Volume 4)
Part 4 - April Fool's Joke

Part 19 (Volume 4)

11K 343 99
By TheMysteryMan1

Kiyotaka POV

"Ayanokouji-kun, will you be participating in our plan?" asked the leader of Class B.

With her were Kanzaki and Horikita.

"Let me ask you something first. Why should I go along with your plan? I might have one of my own plans to execute."

"Then let us give you some information for your benefit. Ryuuen won't be going after Class A in this exam. He declared so himself. Both our classes are his target. He said he's saving both you and someone named Sakayanagi for last." explained Horikita.

"And how would you know if he was bluffing or not? There is no upside for me. However, that's why I would be putting in one condition. Give me one name of a VIP from one of your classes." I stated.

"That's just unreasonable. Why would we sacrifice one VIP for another? It would be pointless." Horikita retorted.

"Just think of it as a way to keep me in check."

"""Huh?"""

"You're saying some confusing things Ayanokouji-kun. Care to explain?" commented Ichinose.

"What I mean is, I will only eliminate that VIP from the contest. No one else from both your classes. Adding to that, I have some information myself that I can disclose. Class D would especially find this useful."

I pulled out my phone and showed them something.

"If you thought that I would turn back from my word,   here. I was recording our whole conversation. If you deem my information useless, then I'll help you in this exam unconditionally."

"What would you gain from this? Can we assume that you're targeting Ryuuen's class?" asked Kanzaki in quick succession.

"I'm trying to help your classes. I'm just simply collecting a fee."

They then decided together to give me the name of one of Class B's VIPs.

"Now, what is the information that we would benefit from, Ayanokouji-kun?" Horikita hurried me to speak out.

She seems extra stingy. The loss from the uninhabited exam seems to have affected her.

"There is a traitor in Class D."  They all were surprised to hear that.

"...What do you mean by that?" The representative of Class D was rightfully distraught by the notion of betrayal.

"It's exactly as I said, a person in your class has given a way for Ryuuen's class to obtain victory."

"How absurd. Who would be stupid enough to join hands with Ryuuen? He's the one who's the cause of Class D's problem. Then, there would always be the possibility of being stabbed in the back."

Kanzaki, who was still unable to believe my words, analyzed the traitor.

"Take it however way you want. I could put something on paper in case the information was wrong. Also, allow me to help you with...

Timeskip

"You're back. What took you so long?" Lying on my bed, in my room, Hashimoto spoke to me as I crossed his line of sight. On the adjacent bed, was Kitou, who laid in his bed silently, only giving a few glances and looks as if he wasn't particularly interested in our conversation.

"What are you even doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm bored and I have nothing to do. Well, there was my roommate who I followed around as he tried to pick up girls, but after a while, it was just sad."

What an eccentric fellow. To think he would do something like this in the middle of an exam.

"Was he trying to pick up girls from other classes?"

"He tried."

If this was a scheme to get information from other classes, it would be an interesting approach. Though the chances of extracting information from the other classes would be low.

"If you're thinking that it was for the special exam, I don't think that crossed his mind at all. Anyway, did you get it?" Hashimoto abruptly changed the subject.

I had things to do for the Hashimoto and the others during the time I had gone and talked with Ichinose, Kanzaki, and Horikita.

"I did. It was pretty late after and I still hadn't eaten dinner. That's why it took me so long."

"So... does that mean you're taking this exam seriously?"

As we approached a sensitive subject in a room filled with people, I signaled for him to talk about this outside. Avoiding the rooms and hallways, we went to the deck. The night sky was filled with stars. There weren't many people here, which in turn, gave us enough spots to speak in private.

"These are just safety precautions in case what Class B and Class D said to me was false. If Ryuuen does intend to attack Class A's VIPs, then we balance it out. Sakayanagi would take the lead from here on out." I started out.

Although blurting out my thoughts like this would seem counterintuitive, the opposite would be the right choice. Hashimoto, contrary to his outwards childish demeanor, is quite cunning.

"Wait, does that means you won't be taking action after this exam?"

"I don't intend to. Sakayanagi would be more than enough for Class A's position not to be affected at all. Also, I don't want to become a leader. Though, I fear that I have already become a central figure of Class A of some sort."

"That's true. There is no way you aren't going to be popular at school."

"It was a calculated risk. Though, I plan to fade into the background. If your concern is that I won't contribute, then don't worry I will help the class, just to a lesser degree."

"That's a shame, but at least there's still a hand to play whenever there's trouble. Man, your personality is a bother."

"That's not a very nice thing to say."

"That may be so."

We continued to hang out at the deck for quite a while. After a while, Hashimoto left. However, a fortunate coincidence allowed me to find a person of interest in this exam. There were now fewer people around, making it easier to approach someone.

"Kushida."

"Ayanokouji-kun? What are you doing here?"

Unsurprisingly, she was surprised to see me. My prior observations in the first meeting so far led me to believe that Kushida would approach Ryuuen. She reacted to Ryuuen's plea to form an alliance ever so subtly, particularly focusing on the part of destroying an enemy.

"It's mostly a coincidence that I am here. Though, I took the chance to approach you here. I want to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"I'm here to ask you about Ryuuen."

She visibly flinched at the mention of his name. Although my suspicions have already been confirmed earlier.

"What are you talking about, Ayanokouji-kun?" The tone of her voice became lower.

"I'm talking about you betraying Class D and working with Ryuuen. You don't have to deny it. I already know the truth. I just have a question. Why?"

She avoided eye contact and looked downwards. The expression on her face became grim.

"How?..." She said in a voice that was almost a whisper.

"It was just a hunch."

"Hunch huh? Ayanokouji-kun, you're saying some dangerous things, you know? A hunch doesn't explain it."

"I wonder about that. But, will you answer my question now?"

"You don't even know if what you're saying is true, Ayanokouji-kun. There is no-"

"Evidence? I'm not so sure about that."

I took out my phone and revealed a recording. The task I gave to Hashimoto and the others was an experiment for something. Sakayanagi gave me Kushida's phone number which in turn allowed me access to her location at any moment in time.

However, I have sent Nishikawa, Kitou, Hashimoto, and Kamuro to different locations on the cruise ship to avoid her from finding out prematurely. They were there in case Kushida and Ryuuen could meet when I was in contact with Ichinose and the others. There were, of course, only a few locations and times that they can meet discreetly. I took over after our meeting as it would present less of a risk in any of them being caught.

'Well well, the bait did hook a fish. Though an unexpected one. Kushida Kikyou. Now, I wonder what's got you so interested in.' Ryuuen's voice could easily be distinguished in the recording.

I stopped the recording as I have revealed enough to Kushida to let her know about what I was implying.

"... Where did you get that?"

"There's no need for you to know, is there? You just need to know that I have it."

A mask that Kushida wore was now completely erased. A smile crept up her face.

"You really are a dangerous enemy. I see now that you really are the one who executed that island exam strategy."

"Then answer the question. Why?"

"I have some-"

"Someone that you consider an enemy, right? I already know that part. I'm asking who and why her."

"Why should I tell you that?"

"You know you're in no position to say that. I have the leverage after all. You hide this side of you from the public. I wonder what happens if this ever comes out."

With that, I have grabbed the weakness of the person named Kushida Kikyou.

Yep, I was late. In my defense, my internet connection was a bitch. P.S. The YLT update will come later today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 33.5K 94
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
438K 15.3K 163
Sevyn and Von hung around the same people but did not like each other. But they were just cordial. Until Von's birthday came up and Sevyn was the onl...
192K 8.7K 107
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
91K 3K 28
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...