broken || outerbanks, jj

By lexsmisek

"i think the reason we hold on to something so tight is because we fear something so great won't happen to us... More

prologue / the crew
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five

twenty nine

6.2K 100 32
By lexsmisek

7:27 pm
cooper's pov

i wasn't to sure if we were still going to the light house tonight, but i was guessing the answer was no seeing as kie and jj were not to happy with each other. from what i knew.

after pope and jj had left john b's room today, while i was under the bed, i had snuck out the window and ran home. i ran all the way home without stopping.

i didn't want to let anyone know that i was under that bed.

i was in my bed room, doing some cleaning, for fun, because i was bored. i had nothing else to do.

sarah was at toppers and wheezie was off some where that wasn't home. so i was pretty much shit out of luck.

as i finished making my bed, my phone went off. kie was calling me.

"hello?"

"you still coming to the light house tonight?"

"uh, yeah. but i figured that it wasn't happening anymore?"

"what? over a fight? cooper, you know us. it's still happening. when are you gonna be here?"

"um, maybe like 15 minutes?"

"okay, i'll tell the others. see you then."

"yeah, see you then."

kie hung up first, my phone lighting up as she did. i starred at my phone for a few minutes before putting it down.

"alright." i said to myself. "this is happening."

i quickly took off my pj's and grabbed some decent clothes, putting them on and walking out of my room. i decided my phone could just stay there. i didn't really need it at the moment so i figured i wouldn't need it later.

i got down stairs, seeing my mom and ward on the couch.

"hey i'm going to john b's." i stated, putting on my shoes and walking out the door.

i grabbed wards keys out of my pocket and hoped into the car, starting it then leaving.

after about a 9 minute drive of me just singing along to the radio, i drove into john b's and big john's yard and parked, getting out and walking up to the chateau.

the chateau was dark on the inside, but as soon as i walked up to the porch, i head laughter and saw a very bright light.

i walked into the chateau not catching anyone's attention.

"jj, you look creepy as hell. put it away." kie said. jj had a flash light in his hands as he was shinning it at his face.

he looked like a little kid telling a ghost story.

"hey coop." john b looked over at me. he had a big smile on his face as he was still laughing at jj.

"hi." i nodded to them.

"alright, so i'v got some things packed. jj has got the flashlights and pope packed a first aid incase jj does anything stupid." kie stood up from the floor as she listed more things off.

i nodded at her so she knew i was listening but after a while, i turned my focus to jj. he was dressed in all black, besides his usual red hat that he was wearing. he had on a black hoodie along with black pants. the shoes that he was wearing, they were torn up, but still black.

"coop, you need to put this on. that white shirt won't do you any good." kie threw me a black sweatshirt. it was definitely john b's. i could tell from the last name that was on the back.

routledge.

i put it on and followed the four of them out of the chateau.

"you kids better not be getting yourself into any trouble." big john called out as we walked to john b's van.

"of course not!" pope called back.

"if only he knew." jj stated messing up john b's hair.

"he'd kill us." john b flicked jj's hat off.

us five got into the van, kie and john b in front while pope, jj and i sat in the back.

john b started up the van, backing out and getting us onto the road.

"illegal shit, here we come." john b said, making kie and i both roll are our eyes at him.

as the van kept moving and our heart beats grow quicker, jj started to roll. he was rolling his famous blunt, trying to make pope shut up about the smell.

"pope, one of these days i'm going to make you smoke. just one hit. then maybe you'll see what your missing out on."

"never happening, lover boy."

"you'll see."

i watched as the two argued back and forth, it putting a smile on my face. but then i watched jj pack the blunt. it was always an interesting concept to me.

"alright," jj locked his eyes to me, "i know we say about four words to each other a day, but i'm going to let you smoke this with me, but," jj put the blunt between his lips and lit it, "only if you can say the alphabet back words."

"that's absolutely impossible." i sent jj a confused face.

"well, no high for you then."

"fine." i rolled my eyes at him. "z, y, x, w, v, u, t, s, r, q, p. yeah that's as far as i can go."

"damn cooper." kie applaud me.

"yeah, holy shit." john b looked at me through the reviewer mirror.

"thank you. thank you. i know, i'm almost pretty talented." i pretended to bow. it was pretty difficult though seeing as i was sitting down.

"i'll give it to you, you got farther than i expected." jj handed me the blunt and i gladly took it, putting it up to my lips and inhaling.

i exhaled, trying my best to get it as far away from pope as possible, but it's pretty hard when we are in such a small space.

i handed it back to jj, him taking it with ease. he pulled it up to his own lips, me watching him closely. i watched him inhale, pulling it away. he held it in a little to long, making him cough.

i smiled at the boy, handing him some water that was sitting in his bag.

jj continued to cough as pope complained about the smell again, making jj and i both laugh at him.

"sorry pope." i said, earning a head shake from him.

"we're almost there." kie stated, "jj can you hand me a flashlight? maybe pass the rest out to everyone else."

"kie," jj said still coughing, "kind of busy." jj handed me his bag, motioning for me to pass the flashlights out.

i grabbed it and passed everyone a flashlight, keeping two for jj and myself. as i pulled mine and his flashlights out i noticed my juul. the same juul he was talking to pope about earlier.

i dropped it back in the bag and looked over at jj who was still dying at this point, making me giggle.

"are you good? or do we need to call the ambulance?"

"call the ambulance." jj grinned at me.

i smiled at him, "on it."

john b parked the car and got out, scoping the place out a bit before telling us all to get out too.

jj handed me the blunt and grabbed all his things, including mine and his flashlights that were in my lap.

i put the blunt in between my lips as i got out of the van, followed by jj and pope.

it was definitely a bit cold outside. i was internally thanking kie for the sweatshirt at this moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 248 8
LOVE | OUTERBANKS " you can hear it in the silence, you can feel it on the way home, you can see it with the lights out, you are in love, true love...
7K 58 13
Rebecca Maybank has a crappy life. Her father is always drunk and abusive towards her and her brother, and the two siblings almost never see eye-to-e...
353K 4.5K 81
Kayla Smith was in love with a Kook, but after they broke up. She started to fall for a pogue. Rafe still has feelings for her and is trying to win h...
2.7K 93 11
𝐉𝐉 & 𝐌𝐀𝐗𝐈𝐍𝐄 AKA, 𝐒𝐔𝐍 & 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 & 𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 & 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐂𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐋𝐀 & 𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐊 𝐄�...