Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

uglydiaries द्वारा

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓... अधिक

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 34 ]

2.9K 67 98
uglydiaries द्वारा

It took a couple seconds for the news to sink in. (Y/n) looked over at the rest of the gang as the silence filled the air.

"You're both mental," Ron said at last.

"Ridiculous!" Wren said, looking a little uneasy.

"Peter Pettigrew's dead," Harry said, stepping forward. "You killed him twelve years ago."

"No Harry, that's what I thought at first, too." Lupin said, an uneasy look on his face. "Sirius did not kill Peter." He raised his wand slightly towards Scabbers. "Just hold onto him tight Ron, as we explain what really happened that night."

"He's not Peter! He's Scabbers," Ron yelled. (Y/n) shot a quick look at him. She sympathized with him, but a part of her wanted to know if what they were saying was true.

"But Professor," Hermione said, "people would know if Peter became an animagus. We did Animagi in class with Professor McGonagall. I looked at the registry list, and Peter's name was not on the list."

(Y/n) looked over at her before shaking your head. "You don't have to register to be an animagus." She looked over at Scabbers and then back at Lupin, someone she had trusted dearly. "He's really Peter?"

"(Y/n), don't tell me you actually believe this nonsense?" Ron asked, clutching Scabbers tighter.

"I don't know, but I mean I'm curious to know what they have to say."

"Well, isn't this just interesting," a sneered voice said, coming from across the room.

(Y/n) had to hold back a scream, almost falling into Wren as Professor Snape came out from the corner. He was wearing Harry's invisibility cloak.

"I found this at the base of the Whooping Willow tree," he said clutching the cloak closer to his chest. "Very useful, Potter. I've told the headmaster again and again that you were helping your old friend back into the castle, Lupin, and here's the proof."

"Severus, you're making a mistake."

"Oh, vengeance is sweet, I suspect the dementors will be waiting to place a kiss on you," Snape said holding his wand closer to Sirius Black's face.

The color in Sirius's face changed as he looked extremely pale. Before (y/n) could register what happened- Harry had stood in front, pointing his wand and yelled, "Expelliarmus."

Snape flew backwards hitting his head against the wall and falling unconscious as both Wren and Hermione had held their wand out at the same time.

"You shouldn't have done that," Lupin said shaking his head slightly.

"We attacked a teacher," Hermione whispered over and over again to herself. (Y/n) wanted to reach out to her and pull her into a hug, but she knew she couldn't- not now.

"Show me then," Harry said. "Show me he's Peter Pettigrew."

"Ron give me the rat!"

"What are you going to do with him if I give you him?"

"Force him to show himself," Lupin said. "If he really is a rat it won't hurt him."

Ron hesitated for a second before nodding and handing Scabbers over to Lupin. A flash of blue light erupted from Lupin's wand as he pointed it to Scabbers. For a moment, he was frozen in midair, his small grey form twisting madly. Ron began to yell, and (Y/n) raced to his side to calm him down- the rat fell on the floor as a second wave of blinding lights entered the room.

When (y/n)'s eyes adjusted to the light she saw a short chubby man sitting on the floor.

"Well hello Peter," Lupin said. "Long time no see."

"S-Sirius.... R-Remus my old friends," Peter said, his voice coming out rather squeaky.

"You killed Lily and James Potter!" Sirius yelled rushing towards him but was stopped by Lupin.

"Shall we kill him together?" Lupin said as Sirius broke out into a smile.

"NO!" Peter squeaked, "No, you wouldn't let them kill me would you?" He asked rushing up to Hermione. (Y/n) took a step forward, moving Hermione behind her.

"You look just like your mother. She was a very good friend of mine. Oh, Amelia would not want them to kill me."

"How dare you speak of my mother," (Y/n) spat pointing her wand towards him. "You're the reason they're all dead. You sold Lily and James out to Voldemort which led him to go and kill her."

"Calm down," Wren said placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"They're not going to kill him," Harry said stepping forward.

"Harry this piece of vermin, is the reason you have no parents," Black snarled. "This cringing bit of flesh would have seen you die too, without turning a hair."

"I know," Harry said. "We'll take him up to the castle. We'll hand him over to the dementors. He can go to Azkaban but don't kill him."

"Harry! Thank you!" Peter said as he flung his arms around Harry's knees.

"Get off me," Harry spat throwing Peter's arms to the ground. "I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it because I don't reckon my dad would've wanted his best friends to become killers- just for you."

Sirius and Lupin looked at each other for a moment before lowering their wands. "You're the only person we'll let decide- besides (Y/n). It's your guy's choice but do remember what he has done."

(Y/n) looked over to Harry before gripping his hand and slightly squeezing. She knew what he was saying was right. Amelia, Lily, James. They all wouldn't have wanted to see their friends become killers.

"He can go to Azkaban," Harry repeated. "The dementors can have him there."

Lupin nodded slowly before going over to Peter and tying him up so he wouldn't escape. After many attempts of Ron saying sorry for not believing them they made their way out of the whomping willow tree. Wren was currently helping Hermione support Ron as they walked out to the castle.

"So, I take it you're Snuffles," (Y/n) asked as she recalled back to when she had met the black dog by the Lake.

"You know I noticed you the first time during the quidditch match which is why I needed to approach you to see with my own eyes. You look just like him."

She looked up at him as he gave her a small smile. "Like who, sir?"

"Regulus. You look just like my brother Regulus."

"I'm sorry, but do you mind if I talk to Sirius?" Harry asked coming up to where they were standing. (Y/n) gave him a warm smile before nodding. "After all of this (y/n), I think we need to talk."

"Of course," she said squeezing his hand and walking over to where Hermione, Wren, and Ron were.

"This is crazy," Wren said. "We finally cracked the case."

"Operation catch Sirius Black was a success," she said with a laugh.

"Oh no," Hermione gasped. "He didn't take his potion."

(Y/n) followed Hermione's gaze as she saw Lupin's body go rigged.

"Run! All of you, go run now!" Sirius said rushing up to his old friend. There was a terrible snarling nose, and everyone froze as Professor Lupin began to transform into a werewolf.

(Y/n) had never seen one in person, only the legends and history that was taught in school. She was frozen in fear and for a second forget even how to breath as the haunting image of him lured in the back of her mind.

Within seconds, Peter had managed to transform back into a rat and run away- Sirius had turned into a dog trying to fight off Lupin- and blood was everywhere.

Sirius was bleeding- bad -as gashes were stretched across his body. Sirius let out a whimper as his body crashed into the ground before walking off towards the Forbidden Forest.

Without even thinking twice (y/n) transformed charging up at Lupin and steering him away from the Trio. Wren followed suit biting down on his leg.

She let the wind guide her as she ran across the grass and jumped on his back. He struggled to get her off, but she clung onto his body as he continued to thrash around. She held her ground never faltering as she tried to get him away from the kids.

Lupin continued to thrash around- shaking Wren off of him as he grabbed (Y/n) and clawed her down her side- tossing her aside as a faint werewolf was heard in the distance. (Y/n) could hear voices calling out her name. She wasn't sure if she had transformed back or not as the pain in her side became unbearable and her vision became black.

***

She could hear a soft whisper- someone was trying to soothe her, and as she tried to reach it she felt herself drift back unconscious as only darkness followed her. 

***

(Y/n) woke up to bright lights blinding her eyes. She tried to sit up but slump back down as pain shot down her side.

"You're up!"

She instantly felt strong arms go around her waist- and as she winced in pain they immediately let go. "I'm sorry, I've just been so worried. We need to stop ending our years with you in the Hospital Wing."

Fred stood in front of her. Worry evident on his face. It looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks. "How long have I been out?"

"Three days."

"THREE DAYS?" (Y/n) yelled, sitting up forcing herself to not focus on the pain that was excoriating. "What about Sirius and the others?" She asked looking around the infirmary as it was empty.

"From the small bits and pieces that Wren has told me, Sirius is fine. He was able to get away on Buckbeak who was rescued by Harry and Hermione."

(Y/n) slightly nodded as she was grateful that Wren had filled in their friend group on what had really happened.

"There is another thing," Fred said looking at her wary. "Harry told me to give you this when you woke up." It was a thin envelope that was sealed with a black wax. "It's from Sirius." She reached out slowly opening the letter and reading it. Her heartbeat quickened and she was itching to just run out of the Hospital Wing.

"Where's Lupin? I need to go see him," she said trying to swing her legs over the bed.

"Uh, well about that. Snape let it slip that he was a werewolf, so he's been sacked. I reckon he's leaving right now."

"I need to go find him now."

"Whoa hold on love, you were just attacked three days ago. You need to rest," Fred said slightly leaning her back into the bed.

"No Fred, I need to see him now, it's important." She pleaded, looking around to make sure Madam Pomfrey wouldn't stop what she's about to do. "Please, Freddie. I need your help."

He let out a sigh before shaking his head. "Okay, but after this I'm bringing you right back."

"Thank you Freddie," she said wrapping her arms around his neck. "I love you so much."

Before she had realized what she said she felt his body go stiff. It was so casual that she had hoped that maybe he hadn't heard it. She knew her feelings for him were real, but they hadn't even put a label on what they were.

"You mean that?" He asked, pulling away from her- a big smile on his face.

She simply nodded, to embarrassed to even trust her own voice as her face beat a bright pink. Fred's grin grew bigger as he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. The rush of the electric feeling pulsing through her veins and she wrapped her around his neck and brought him in closer getting lost in his touch.

"I am so madly in love with you," he said slowly pulling away. "Be my girlfriend."

"Of course, Freddie," she said pulling him into another kiss- suddenly stopping as she realized the note still burned in her hand. "I need to see Lupin, now."

Fred nodded, a goofy smile still on his face as he helped her out of bed and had her climb onto his back. He raced out of the Hospital Wing, almost running into a few kids as he sprinted up the stairs to where Professor Lupin's classroom was.

"I'll wait out here," He said giving her a small peck on the lips.

"Thank you," she said before knocking.

"Come in," said a faint voice as she pushed the door open. Professor Lupin was packing up the last of his things. The classroom was bare and empty as no trace of him being their even existed.

"When were you going to tell me?" She asked as she stepped closer. Lupin froze as he turned to look at her. Regret feeling his eyes as he looked away and continued to close his suitcase.

"I planned on leaving without saying any goodbyes."

"Not that- that you are my godfather," she said, slowly walking forward to him.

"I am not worthy enough to even be given such a highly title. Look at what I did to you!"

"Amelia must have made you my godfather for a reason, she trusted you enough to know that you would never hurt me. I-"

"But I did, I did hurt you."

"Lupin, you have done nothing but build me up since you got here. You showed me spells to defend myself, unintentionally help me become an animagus, and showed me what true friendship is. You are everything Amelia thought you would be which is why she chose you and not anyone else for that title. So, you scratched me on my side? I was in animagus form so it's not like I'm going to transform or anything. Look at me Remus," She said and he did. It was like his old friend was starring back at him and telling him everything was going to be okay again- like Amelia had done so many times after he had transformed. "You are the only family I have left. The only connection I have to my real family."

Lupin nodded, stepping a few steps closer to her and slowly bringing her into a hug. "You are more like your mum then you know."

(Y/n) wrapped her arms around him tightening the hug as she relaxed finally. "Do you really have to go? You're the best DADA teacher we've ever had."

"Harry said the same thing to me. I'm afraid I must but I won't step away from my title. I promise I'll come visit you and Aiden as much as possible. I'll make it up from hurting you. I won't leave."

***

Fred had taken (y/n) immediately back to the Hospital Wing where they were approached by a very angry Madam Pomfrey. This resulted in Fred getting kicked out and (Y/n) spending the next week held up in their alone before she could be released. That however did not stop Fred and George trying to break in which resulted in Pomfrey giving up and allowing their company.

"I still can't believe Sirius was innocent," Angelina said, curling up in George's arms. (Y/n) had just been released from the Hospital Wing and they were currently all snuggled up in the common room next to the fireplace.

"Or that Professor Lupin is really (y/n)'s Godfather," Wren said with a laugh.

"Truthfully, everything feels like a dream," (Y/n) said- laughing as she looked over to her friends. Even though she wouldn't become a werewolf she still had a nasty scar on the side of her ribs then went all the way down to her thigh. She was a little self-conscious at first, but Fred had reassured her everyday that she was beautiful.

"Yeah, it's definitely bizarre, and to top it off you're really a Potter!" Lee exclaimed throwing his arms up in the air.

"Well technically I'm a Black," (Y/n) said.

"Does this mean I can't call you Carter anymore?" George asked, throwing one of the Gryffindor pillows at her. She just shrugged slightly.

"Truthfully, I don't know. It's like this internal battle I'm having within myself. I think Carter is fine for now as I take the time to adjust."

"Take all the time you need love," Fred said placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Gross."

"Eww."

"Disgusting," They all said s they threw pillows at them.

"Hey!" (y/n) yelled laughing as she grabbed one and threw it back. The group broke out into laughter as the calm before the storm began.

A/N: for those of you that didn't see my announcement I'm sorry that the last two Wednesday I have not posted. I just lost my job due to covid and then my dog was badly injured by another dog so it's been a little stressful. Thank you for being patient with me. I hope you enjoy this chapter! xoxo- uglydiaries. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

11.2K 240 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
4.6K 279 60
"Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?" "No" "FATHER WHY?" "You are already promised" --- To marry someone usually means to attach yourse...
Ron's Twin R.A.L द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

122K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
101K 2.4K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...